Car Ramps

Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Car Ramps - September 25, 2015 01:52 pm UTC

Hey boys these are half off at CT, any thoughts on them?
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/pro-ramp-12000lbs-0090064p.html#.VgVRNvnF-Al
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: Car Ramps - September 25, 2015 01:56 pm UTC

Saw them in person at PartSource.

They look like they def can handle a load.

Although at that incline, I'd likely still have to use 2x6 to keep the bumper from scraping.
Posted By: Tyler Minshall

Re: Car Ramps - September 26, 2015 10:22 am UTC

I have some of these. They hold my F150 no problem. I've had them for years and they seem to last.
Posted By: Daren Peacock

Re: Car Ramps - October 06, 2015 06:25 pm UTC

A little late to the party, but I picked up a set of these a year or two back & they seem to do the trick. Don't use them with the eclipse (too much hassle to use ramps with the front being so low), but have used them with a number of other vehicles, no issues & their pretty light weight.
Posted By: Salomon Ponte

Re: Car Ramps - October 06, 2015 06:52 pm UTC

I bought a set. They're nice in that they're fairly lightweight and seem reasonably durable but they're fairly narrow (fine for a DSM though) and really like to shoot out from under the car. Definitely need some modification to make them consistently safe and reliable to get up on.
Posted By: Jay Stacey

Re: Car Ramps - October 07, 2015 12:39 am UTC

I had a set I used for my Oil change business. I found that if you put a rubber mat under the ramps, they wouldnt slide. After 3 years of 3 or 4 oil changes a day.. They did start to collapes, But I dont think you guys will ever use them as much as I did.

Now I used multiple lenths of 2x10s screwed together. As some of you have seen. I can put anything from a semi to a lowered vette on them.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada