RTM

Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

RTM - November 13, 2018 04:48 pm UTC

Just a note to let everyone know RTM Racing is re-opened!
Posted By: Salomon Ponte

Re: RTM - November 13, 2018 04:53 pm UTC

Wonderful! Just in time for the holiday season laugh
Posted By: Alex Akachinskiy

Re: RTM - November 13, 2018 05:15 pm UTC

Congrats Ziggy. If you can please share few pics of new place and setup smile
Posted By: Garret Sliva

Re: RTM - November 13, 2018 05:31 pm UTC

Great news Ziggy! Congrats on getting everything sorted!
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: RTM - November 13, 2018 06:20 pm UTC

[Linked Image]

Re: RTM - November 13, 2018 07:09 pm UTC

We are still buried, and still working 18 hour days, so not pretty enough for pics yet, but will get some eventually. I can probably get my webmaster (and son) to show me how to post them to Facebook
Posted By: Devon Bloomfield

Re: RTM - November 14, 2018 10:24 am UTC

CONGRATS ZIGGY! Do i see a grand re-opening bbq in the spring? Lol
Posted By: Manny Sandhu

Re: RTM - November 14, 2018 03:48 pm UTC

Congrats Ziggy and goodluck!
Posted By: Rob Strelecki

Re: RTM - November 14, 2018 04:41 pm UTC

Awesome! Expect me, neighbour smile

Re: RTM - November 14, 2018 06:22 pm UTC

Springtime BBQ seems like a good idea!

In the meantime, we find ourselves in need of CAPS. Both Paul and myself have changed computers since early 2016, and neither of us thought we would ever need CAPS again. Just shows you should never take anything for granted. If there is something similar for looking up EVO 8 -10 parts also, that would be absolutely fantastic.

Can anyone help us out?
Posted By: Jason Drew

Re: RTM - November 14, 2018 06:42 pm UTC

I have it, I can throw it on my dropbox tonight after work if someone else doesn't get it for you before.
Posted By: Matt Harland

Re: RTM - November 14, 2018 07:37 pm UTC

I have a copy of Mitsubishi ASA. It seems to only go up to 2007 so no evo 10 unfortunately.

Re: RTM - November 14, 2018 09:27 pm UTC

I have both as well!

Re: RTM - November 15, 2018 01:42 pm UTC

Jason, did you put it in your dropbox for me? Can you send me a link? I assume the install should be pretty straight forward, but it probably needs to run in Windows, not Mac?
Posted By: Jason Drew

Re: RTM - November 15, 2018 02:53 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Ziggy Dietrich
Jason, did you put it in your dropbox for me? Can you send me a link? I assume the install should be pretty straight forward, but it probably needs to run in Windows, not Mac?

Yes I did, didn't get home till late last night. And yes it's Windows based, I can't remember but it also might not working on anything newer than XP , not sure if there's a Mac version

Here you go https://www.dropbox.com/s/1vku5clio70kecs/wincaps-setup.zip?dl=0

Re: RTM - November 15, 2018 03:03 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Jason Drew
Yes I did, didn't get home till late last night. And yes it's Windows based, I can't remember but it also might not working on anything newer than XP , not sure if there's a Mac version
I was running it on 7 all good!
Posted By: Matt Harland

Re: RTM - November 15, 2018 05:36 pm UTC

I couldn't get CAPS working on windows 10 which is why I use ASA. Windows 7 might be the cutoff for CAPS
Posted By: kent Hennigar

Re: RTM - November 16, 2018 02:19 pm UTC

This is great news.
Not so great news for my kids.
They are definitely not going to college now.
Posted By: Jay Stacey

Re: RTM - November 16, 2018 03:34 pm UTC

Lal

I was thinking that no one is getting Christmas presents except me now!!!
Posted By: Jay Stacey

Re: RTM - November 16, 2018 03:36 pm UTC

I'm gonna fill up the gift registry and send it to everyone I know!!!

Re: RTM - November 16, 2018 06:03 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Ziggy Dietrich

Ziggy i recalled you had modern PC with virtual OS installed running Windows XP with only CAPS on it.
I think you told me that your son helped you set that up.

Re: RTM - November 16, 2018 07:58 pm UTC

Also if you have mac you can use bootcamp and swap to windows

Re: RTM - November 17, 2018 12:18 am UTC

Ya, now I have a Macbook air, with parallels running windows 10 in the Mac, but I think we need CAPS on Paul's computer much more than on mine. I think my cad/cam won't run on Mac, which is why we run the parallels.
Posted By: Paul Bratina

Re: RTM - November 21, 2018 04:34 pm UTC

I've now got CAPS installed on my computer but I think I'm going to need some kind of tutorial on how to use the darn thing. In the intervening 3 years I seem to have forgotten everything.
I seem to recall F2 on the model brings up a model list menu? Like I said, I seem to have forgotten even the most basic things.

Re: RTM - November 21, 2018 06:29 pm UTC

This should help!
http://www.stealth316.com/2-wincaps.htm

5 steps to get the part #:
Vehicle Name Code > Model > Classification > Illustration > Part Name Code
Posted By: Paul Bratina

Re: RTM - November 25, 2018 10:13 pm UTC

Thanks. Haven't looked back here since I posted that.
Turns out a lot of the old techniques came back to me, so that helped as well.
Posted By: Lucian Marta

Re: RTM - December 01, 2018 02:32 pm UTC

Glad to hear the good news smile welcome back!!

Re: RTM - December 25, 2018 06:02 pm UTC

Merry X-mas to everyone still on this forum!

Re: RTM - December 25, 2018 06:40 pm UTC

Merry Christmas!!! santa

Re: RTM - December 26, 2018 10:25 am UTC

Merry Christmas!!

Re: RTM - December 27, 2018 03:55 pm UTC

Merry Christmas DSMers
Posted By: Stephen Richardson

Re: RTM - May 25, 2019 11:00 pm UTC

Is Ziggy still running RTM?
Posted By: Lucian Marta

Re: RTM - May 26, 2019 08:49 pm UTC

He is now, thankfully!

Re: RTM - February 13, 2020 03:21 pm UTC

Small changes at RTM!

I have recently had some health issues, so I feel a need to step back a little bit from the day to day stresses of running RTM.

While my first focus has to be my health (I can’t serve you if I’m not here, lol), right after that is my focus on making sure that you continue to get the service and personal care that is the hallmark of RTM Racing.

So, I am not “bailing out” and I am not going to hand the business over to a new owner who won’t treat you right… for those of you that were around, you know what I mean!

But…I DO need to be a little less involved in the day to day operation of RTM. I am going to be relying much more heavily on Paul, who’s just as focused on making sure you get what you need and are satisfied as I am. Paul and I are asking that you guys contact him first, instead of me, for quotes, questions, complaints, etc. You can reach him at paul@rtmracing.com.

Thanks for your understanding and your continued support!

Ziggy

Re: RTM - March 05, 2020 03:47 pm UTC

Hopefully you'll get better soon Ziggy!
Health should always be first!
Posted By: Ryan Laliberte

Re: RTM - March 10, 2020 12:39 am UTC

Get better soon Ziggy. laugh

Re: RTM - March 23, 2020 02:19 am UTC

RTM Update: Covid 19

It seems to be a different world than a few weeks ago, so a few more changes at RTM. Since 99% of our orders are placed and paid for online, and since we already have a good contactless system for delivering packages to the couriers, there is not a lot we need to change.

However, a few things WILL change. Paul will be at the shop most of the time, but Ziggy will be working from self isolation at home. As we run out of product, we are unsure WHEN and how we will be able to re-stock.

For the time being, we will not be accepting cash payments, and we are working on contactless pickup for the safety of ourselves and our customers for those who prefer to pickup. Pre order online, and prepay or indicate you will be paying by debit. When you arrive, call and Paul will bring your order (and the debit machine, if needed) outside for you.

We thank you for your understanding and patience, and your cooperation. I sincerely hope that one day we can go back to casual conversations and handshakes, but that is not appropriate right now!

Re: RTM - April 10, 2020 11:58 pm UTC

One of the bigger challenges we have had during this time of Covid -19 is restocking. It seems every possible way to get parts shipped into Canada is prohibitively expensive, but then, I guess that is why RTM exists. As things stand right now, we are in the process of arranging a large shipment to arrive 3 weeks from today, on May1. After that shipment, it will likely be at least another month until we receive new product again. Just letting everyone know, if you need anything special ordered, or if you are planning to purchase something we are low on, or currently out of stock on, this would be a good time to let us know...Thanks in advance!!
© 2024 Club DSM Canada