Another HTA on board!

Posted By: wade harrison

Another HTA on board! - February 19, 2011 03:16 am UTC

Well I figuered the Colt deserved its first new turbo, so with Forced Performance having a Christmas sale on some pkges, and with the dollar about par; this is what I picked up.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

FP green(50 trim) hta capable of 54 lbs plus FP's cast manifold
Included is a 255 fp, all gaskets and bolts.
Posted By: KEVIN KIRELUK

Re: Another HTA on board! - February 19, 2011 03:26 pm UTC

I remember that special, you got yourself one hell of a deal! You won't be dissapointed running a Forced Performance Turbo. I've ran an FP RED, FP3575, and now the FP HTA3586r demon

The REAL FP, ftmfw!!!
Posted By: Ryan Laliberte

Re: Another HTA on board! - February 19, 2011 04:03 pm UTC

Wade, I look forward to watching you walk me down the Shannonville 1/4 this year man!!!

Re: Another HTA on board! - February 19, 2011 04:49 pm UTC

Same turbo Curt Brown is running on his EVO, minus the turbine housing.
Posted By: Paul Sitarski

Re: Another HTA on board! - February 19, 2011 05:50 pm UTC

Can't wait to put the meth on that car, should work very well. As i will be tuning that colt I will make sure that its a little de-tuned so he won't beat my car. smile

Re: Another HTA on board! - February 19, 2011 06:40 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Ryan Laliberte
Wade, I look forward to watching you walk me down the Shannonville 1/4 this year man!!!

Haha, maybe. This year with the e316g I was finally able to hook up in 3rd with the drag radials, so now who knows what will happen,lol.
I did 12.6 in mid teens, so in the elevens with more than 120mph would be nice.
Posted By: Ryan Laliberte

Re: Another HTA on board! - February 20, 2011 04:37 pm UTC

The problem with Shannonville sometimes is that there is very little track prep. Be nice if they sprayed down some glue for the street guys.

Re: Another HTA on board! - February 21, 2011 02:39 am UTC

They do prep, although I'm not sure with what-maybe used oil,lol.
I can definitely hook better on the street.
Posted By: Tim Eagles

Re: Another HTA on board! - February 25, 2011 01:36 am UTC

Glad to see your engine is working out well, and a little more TLC in the horsepower department is occurring.

What happens with your old turbo? Sell that off to anyone we know? I think I may be in the neighborhood of needing a larger and more appropriate turbo to match my 264/272 HKS cam combination.

Didn't hear about you guys coming up to Ottawa this past fall, but Shannonville did happen though?

So, what fuel pump was pictured there? (oops just saw the 255 reference) And how many things are getting reworked in the engine bay? I've seen a few pictures, but don't see all the fun bling that used to be there - custom rad, etc.
Posted By: Michael Zeppieri

Re: Another HTA on board! - February 25, 2011 02:48 pm UTC

I made 425awhp with that turbo setup at 25psi on pump gas. It's probably one of the best street/strip turbo combos for the 4G63.

Re: Another HTA on board! - February 25, 2011 03:08 pm UTC

Mike, wasn't yours the "old School" Green?

FWIW I loved my old school FP RED love
© 2024 Club DSM Canada