cel code

Posted By: jerry white

cel code - November 03, 2014 10:52 pm UTC

What would a code 1400 be its a 95 Tsi
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: cel code - November 03, 2014 11:16 pm UTC

if you plan on sticking around get yourself something to log with, it will read your codes too.

Re: cel code - November 03, 2014 11:36 pm UTC

Seeing how I have been sticking around DSMs since 1994,and been member of the club since 1998 thanks for the advice LMAO
Posted By: Tim Hunt

Re: cel code - November 04, 2014 12:25 am UTC

Jerry,
Code 1400 has something to do with the MDP sensor, other research points as well the the EGR valve, which make sense that the MDP monitors the operation of the EGR valve as well.

Re: cel code - November 04, 2014 10:36 am UTC

Thanks Tim
Posted By: Mike Kuttschrutter

Re: cel code - November 04, 2014 01:52 pm UTC

Originally Posted by jerry white
Seeing how I have been sticking around DSMs since 1994,and been member of the club since 1998 thanks for the advice LMAO

rotflmao

Nice to see you still around Jerry.

Re: cel code - November 04, 2014 02:39 pm UTC

LOL they have this fascinating thing called google, try that next time this question has been answered at least a dozen times.
Posted By: Mike Degli Angeli

Re: cel code - November 04, 2014 02:40 pm UTC

Respect your elders is the point that is trying to be conveyed here Bryan.
Posted By: Salomon Ponte

Re: cel code - November 04, 2014 03:21 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Bryan Lawrence
LOL they have this fascinating thing called google, try that next time this question has been answered at least a dozen times.

Need I link you this thread of yours? "Fracked Global"

We've all had questions about certain things to do with these cars (or outside of DSMs) that have been answered before - a lot of the time they're about far more common issues (like fuel system issues for example) than this yet everyone still takes the time to post with an insightful answer or at least point the person in the right direction.

As Mike said, it's about respect - especially for someone who has been working on these cars since you were still a little kid.
Posted By: Reza Mirza

Re: cel code - November 04, 2014 03:40 pm UTC

rotflmao tu

Re: cel code - November 04, 2014 07:08 pm UTC

Sal if you have a link to some fixes I would be grateful if you could post them in the thread. I haven't been more lost than I am when dealing with that issue. The car runs great the way it is, it's just the numbers don't line up with what is expected from injectors that size.

I don't see Jerry around here much so didn't know he was a lifer, I respect him for keeping the car alive this whole time, not because he is older than me.

Very impressed that someone would buy a car new and keep it for as long as Stephen have and from what I am hearing Jerry has.

No disrespect was meant, but everyone on here always pushes logging and link, I figured he would have something like that if he has been around so long. LMGTFY would have been a more appropriate and I will remember that for next time.
Posted By: Mike Penton

Re: cel code - November 04, 2014 07:58 pm UTC

LMGTFY??

After Using Google to figure out what that stupid acronym stands for, I can safely say that I wouldn't recommend that be your course of action for "next time" either!

Don't be a smart ass, no one cares that you have 7,500 posts.
Posted By: Mark Bondy

Re: cel code - November 04, 2014 08:43 pm UTC

bahahaha you sir just won the internet for today.

Re: cel code - November 04, 2014 10:39 pm UTC

Bryan don't worry about it,I shouldn't be such a cheap skate and buy a logger,someday you will be on old fart like Stephen and myself lol,I may be old but I'm no as old as Ziggy lol

Re: cel code - November 04, 2014 10:48 pm UTC

Haha! Yeah we all get there eventually.
Posted By: John MacPhail

Re: cel code - November 04, 2014 11:13 pm UTC

Just how old are you?
Bryan don't worry about it,I shouldn't be such a cheap skate and buy a logger,someday you will be on old fart like Stephen and myself lol,I may be old but I'm no as old as Ziggy lol
Posted By: Stephen Richardson

Re: cel code - November 04, 2014 11:37 pm UTC

Hey Frack you....I ain't old. Alittle abused but I like to call it Seasoned...

Re: cel code - November 04, 2014 11:45 pm UTC

Testing the EGR valve is a pretty simple task Jerry. If you want texted me when you want to do it.
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: cel code - November 04, 2014 11:51 pm UTC

A little seasonal joke to lighten the mood in here..

Why did the scarecrow win the employee of the month award..?

Because he was outstanding in his field. rotflmao gets me every time.
Posted By: Lucian Marta

Re: cel code - November 05, 2014 01:41 am UTC

Good one Mike rotflmao

Re: cel code - November 05, 2014 01:49 am UTC

Well I'm not that old,and I'm actually quite well preserved lol,lets put it this way I can remember Richard Nixon as president LMAO ,thats right Steve we are wily veterans lol

Re: cel code - November 05, 2014 02:43 am UTC

Holy sh!t Jerry you are old... I remember reruns of Nixon being pres. I can admit that I remember Regan in that seat though.

Re: cel code - November 05, 2014 03:28 am UTC

Haha Mike nice one! You guys are really dating yourselves or were paying attention to politics in the states way to young, for your sakes I will assume it's the later wink

Re: cel code - November 05, 2014 04:09 am UTC

Well I dont know how old Jerry is but I went from sperm to diapers when Nixon was president. And about 8-16 when Regan was in office.
Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Re: cel code - November 05, 2014 02:09 pm UTC

I can remember the Kennedy assassination....Damn, I feel old..

Re: cel code - November 06, 2014 12:36 am UTC

I can remember Bobby
Posted By: John MacPhail

Re: cel code - November 06, 2014 12:41 am UTC

I was just a little young to remember the event.

Re: cel code - November 06, 2014 12:47 am UTC

You guys are old!!!! No disrespect intended.
Posted By: Tim Hunt

Re: cel code - November 06, 2014 07:10 pm UTC

The first meets I went to people were showing up with brand new 2G's
Posted By: Paul Bratina

Re: cel code - November 06, 2014 08:49 pm UTC

I can certainly remember the days when 2g's were first showing up as brand new vehicles on the street. I say my first 2g shortly after buying my first DSM (a 1g). Saw it up close in a parking lot. Truth be told, I thought it looked a bit funny. Something about the overall shape seemed a bit off to me. Also, the big "TALON" in the rear centre seemed a bit goofy to me at the time. The shape has since grown on me and the big "TALON" badge fits the overall "in your face, that's right it's me, whatchu gonna do about it" attitude.
Posted By: Reza Mirza

Re: cel code - November 06, 2014 09:42 pm UTC

I remember back in the mid 90's, I would drool anytime I saw a 1G DSM while waiting at the bus stop or riding the TTC to school. I wanted one soo badly, but they were pretty new cars at that time and far from what I could afford.

I saved up enough money by the time I turned 17 and bought my first '92 DSM in 1997 smile Joined this board in 1998, some old member names that still come to mind are Bob Brown, Troy Jollimore....

The oil pump seized and spun a balance shaft bearing within the first week of owning my DSM. Pretty much needed a new engine.
That's how it all began for me.

Sorry if this has gotten off topic....

Re: cel code - November 06, 2014 10:14 pm UTC

LOL Reza, I think it's expected on this board. I am just surprised to see all the people that never comment on the board showing up.

Re: cel code - November 07, 2014 10:13 pm UTC

I remember the first 2g I saw,it was in the parking lot at Popeyes Gym when I came out.It was another members ,his old man owned a dealership and was in the summer of 94,must have been one of the first ones out.It was that weird green,that seemed to be on very early 95s,you know the colour,I thought it was the wildest car I had ever seen lol.I have had my 95 almost 20yrs now,and I still love the look,I have been lucky,never walked,doesn't burn a drop of oil,and still goes like snot lol
Posted By: Mike Kuttschrutter

Re: cel code - November 08, 2014 05:56 am UTC

Originally Posted by Bryan Lawrence
I am just surprised to see all the people that never comment on the board showing up.

Some of the more hard core dsmer's I know and have met over the years don't have accounts on here. Or if they do, their post count is bare minimum.
There is a world outside of this forum wink
© 2024 Club DSM Canada