1g vs 2g dual piston calipers

Posted By: Stephen Richardson

1g vs 2g dual piston calipers - July 16, 2016 06:59 pm UTC

Hey guy's
I have question. Are 2g caliper piston smaller then 1g. I have tried to source 1g seals and pistons from many different places and are all wrong....kinda thinking the person I bought them off was wrong on what they were.

If so do 2g calipers even fit a 1g?
Posted By: Lucian Marta

Re: 1g vs 2g dual piston calipers - July 16, 2016 11:11 pm UTC

Yep they bolt right up, same pads, etc. the only difference is the way they are casted when it comes to the brake line as it's different. You won't be able to use the 1g brake line on the 2g banjo style caliper. All you need is a hybrid line for the 1g chassis to the 2g banjo caliper. I've done it this way on many of my 1g's, as well as my Elantra which also uses a dual piston 2g dsm front caliper.
Posted By: Guillaume Berton

Re: 1g vs 2g dual piston calipers - July 17, 2016 12:18 am UTC

Or you could go Cobra wink Stock Mustang parts so still oem-ish.

Re: 1g vs 2g dual piston calipers - July 17, 2016 12:49 am UTC

Right! Thanks Lucian. I forgot about the flex line difference. So obviously I just can't find rebuild parts. Guess I will just get new ones.

Re: 1g vs 2g dual piston calipers - July 17, 2016 12:52 am UTC

Originally Posted by Guillaume Berton
Or you could go Cobra wink Stock Mustang parts so still oem-ish.

Can you fit cobra brakes under stock wheels?
Posted By: Jason Drew

Re: 1g vs 2g dual piston calipers - July 17, 2016 01:35 am UTC

Rockauto carries all the pieces to do a rebuild on both 1g and 2g calipers, dirt cheap.

Re: 1g vs 2g dual piston calipers - July 17, 2016 01:46 am UTC

Is Rockauto not where Ziggy got his kits from? I could be wrong. I only want for sure responses. I have tried 5 different automotive parts stores and they are all wrong size seals for 1g dual piston calipers.
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: 1g vs 2g dual piston calipers - July 17, 2016 03:28 am UTC

Originally Posted by Stephen Richardson
Can you fit cobra brakes under stock wheels?
Nope, only big upgrade that will fit under stock wheels are the wilwoods.
Posted By: Jason Drew

Re: 1g vs 2g dual piston calipers - July 17, 2016 03:30 am UTC

Originally Posted by Stephen Richardson
Is Rockauto not where Ziggy got his kits from? I could be wrong. I only want for sure responses. I have tried 5 different automotive parts stores and they are all wrong size seals for 1g dual piston calipers.

I don't know where he got his. I haven't bought them for 1g's but I have bought several kits from RA for 2g's and all fit.
Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Re: 1g vs 2g dual piston calipers - July 17, 2016 06:26 pm UTC

The pistons you got from us that did NOT fit were from Rock and listed for 1g. Sometimes the info at Rock is just wrong. RTM has the lines you need to put 2g calipers on the 1g.

Re: 1g vs 2g dual piston calipers - July 17, 2016 08:53 pm UTC

Okay thanks Ziggy. I figure I will just buy reman'd calipers and send these as a core. I have been pissing around with these for too long.
Posted By: Lucian Marta

Re: 1g vs 2g dual piston calipers - July 27, 2016 02:54 pm UTC

Dorman specifies their piston seals as AWD/FWD along with dimensions... Did not find pistons for the 2 pot caliper listed but here is the rest:

http://www.dormanproducts.com/p-11213-d352721.aspx?year=1993&make=Eagle&model=Talon&parttype=Brake%2520Caliper%2520Repair%2520Kit&origin=YMM
© 2024 Club DSM Canada