Turbo Parts Canada Red Spec

Posted By: Jason Drew

Turbo Parts Canada Red Spec - May 13, 2018 03:46 pm UTC

I thought I'd share some initial testing of my upgraded FP Old School Red by TPC.

Nick swapped out the turbine and shaft for a 9 blade turbine and coupled it with a billet compressor, the whole rotating mass being near 80g lighter.

My goal was to make the car more responsive in the lower RPM's as it already has some nice strong top end.

Here's some initial results from early testing on the upgraded turbo, same tune as last year, just boost set for approx 25 psi for initial testing.

Sold line = New TPC billet wheel/9 blade turbine
Dashed line = Old cash 35r wheel and turbine

Dark yellow = Boost pressure
Light Yellow = RPM
Green = Air Flow

That's a solid 4lbs/min gain at the same boost/rpm

[Linked Image]

More to come, as well as results with an upgraded FMIC core later on smile
Posted By: Alex Akachinskiy

Re: Turbo Parts Canada Red Spec - May 15, 2018 05:39 pm UTC

Good job on the graph, looks like you made some gains using new TPC blade & billet compressor.
Looking forward to FMIC graph comparison.

What was the cost to upgrade ?
Posted By: Guillaume Berton

Re: Turbo Parts Canada Red Spec - May 15, 2018 07:41 pm UTC

Interested in cost too, and rebalance cost. Can Nick comment?
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: Turbo Parts Canada Red Spec - May 16, 2018 10:38 am UTC

I am impressed!! I saw some info stating that billet really doesn't make a huge difference vs cast, though based on the lighter weight you would at least hope that it would help with longevity.
The improvements to the wheel are definitely what is making these gains so good call!!
Posted By: Jay Stacey

Re: Turbo Parts Canada Red Spec - May 19, 2018 05:18 pm UTC

Ya.. the 30r that Jamie is selling, also has a billet wheel.. and he found huge increase in power and airflow.
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: Turbo Parts Canada Red Spec - May 22, 2018 03:11 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Jay Stacey
Ya.. the 30r that Jamie is selling, also has a billet wheel.. and he found huge increase in power and airflow.

That's interesting. The thing i was reading was for the 16g, so maybe with larger wheels billet makes a big difference as seems to be the case for you guys.
Posted By: Jason Drew

Re: Turbo Parts Canada Red Spec - May 23, 2018 12:44 pm UTC

I think you'll see a bigger difference on larger wheels than smaller ones like the 16g where they're pretty light already.

I can't really comment on the pricing as this was some R&D between Nick and I and are currently still testing it out.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada