Got my 1G NT JDM today

Posted By: Paul Kolbuc

Got my 1G NT JDM today - August 10, 2000 06:10 am UTC

Finally got the engine today.
Looks very similar, expect that the intake says CYCLONE,(looks just like the one on page 2A-21 of the Haynes manual, and all the other 1G NT's..will know better after a closer inspection)
The throttle body looks smaller, I'll try to measure it tomorrow. Looks like only one hole plugs into the top of the TB, where there is usually 2 or 3. The Air can is an odd shape, with some extra holes, and the hose to the TB is must shorter. I'll have a better look at it tomorrow. After I picked it up today and got home, I had to run to work.
Will try to get some pics for those interested.
Posted By: Ghislain Goudreau

Re: Got my 1G NT JDM today - August 11, 2000 02:35 am UTC

Hey Man!

You might be able to put your TB on the Cyclone intake. Tim Hunt had a 52mm TB and he put a 60mm on his car. Was not that hard but he had to change the wire harness to the TPS and had to use a slightly different fuel rail because of a slight interference between the original one and the new TB. You probably have a 60mm TB on your dead engine and you should be able to get one of the fuel rail to work without interference.

Anyway, have a look at this previous post and tell me which one is on your car and which is on the new powerplant.
http://www.ca.dsm.org/non-cgi/Forum20/HTML/000019.html

Rock on Dude.

Ghislain.
Posted By: Paul Kolbuc

Re: Got my 1G NT JDM today - August 11, 2000 05:17 am UTC

I just got home from work, and measured it, where the hose attatches ~64mm accross if I measured it right.

It looks like neither of those pics man.
It only has one rubber hose not 2 or 3.
And where the EGR goes, there is a block off plate(no suprise there)

Tomorrow I've got the day off, so will have a better observation of the whole thing, and get some pics taken.
Posted By: Ghislain Goudreau

Re: Got my 1G NT JDM today - August 11, 2000 12:52 pm UTC

You could keep it (TB) if you are not planing to reinstall an EGR valve... This is what the 2nd and 3rd vacuum line are for . One goes from the TB to the thermo valve and the other to the EGR... Look at the vacuum scematic in the Haynes.

Have a look at the TPS and see if it has a disconectable plug. Tim's old 52mm TB did not have a disconectable plug, he got one out of a dead car and spliced it in, 5 year old could do it, just have to follow the colour code on the wires (3). I'd go for this type.

I'll be waiting for you pic.

Ghislain.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada