non turbo fuel pump high flow?

Posted By: steve muscedere

non turbo fuel pump high flow? - October 14, 2004 03:43 am UTC

ignore the title laugh

I'm putting a turbo engine in my non turbo, just wanted to know if the fuel pumps are the same as turbo.

Anyone have the part numbers to see if they match?

thanks
-steve
Posted By: Dean Boyle

Re: non turbo fuel pump high flow? - October 14, 2004 05:50 am UTC

They are the same (afaik) but the Fuel Pressure Regulators are different.
Posted By: Joe panton

Re: non turbo fuel pump high flow? - October 14, 2004 11:44 am UTC

Originally posted by Dean Boyle:
They are the same (afaik) but the Fuel Pressure Regulators are different.
Are you shure??? If so that would be cool but the injectors are a lot smaller on a non turbo so......well i dont know???????????
Posted By: Tim Grechin

Re: non turbo fuel pump high flow? - October 14, 2004 02:43 pm UTC

I was under the impression that the fuel pump, injectors and regulator are all different. The pump in my FWD was changed with a re-wired Stealth TT pump and the stock N/T one was a joke in size. Yet I didn't have a stock turbo pump to compare it too.

The injectors are 240ccs. Too small for any substantial amount of boost.

The FPR have different base pressures. I have an electric fuel pressure gauge and actually use the n/t fuel pressure regulator because it has a higher base pressure @ 42psi. Turbo is more around 35psi. Both rise in a 1:1 ratio with boost.
Posted By: Adam Grenon

Re: non turbo fuel pump high flow? - October 15, 2004 01:01 pm UTC

My car was also an n/t to start out. I now have a turbo engine as well. I still have the stock n/t pump, but I think that its just not performing. I seem to get major fuel cut at about 13psi under decent load but not WOT, I can't even go WOT without it cutting out. I also have some boost leak issues to deal with, but I think I have a combination problem going on there.

oh and regarding the injectors.. I belive Steve is switching the whole engine to a turbo engine which probably is coming with injectors. This is what I did.
Posted By: Tim Grechin

Re: non turbo fuel pump high flow? - October 15, 2004 05:02 pm UTC

Fuel cut off it caused by the MAF signal maxing out, not a fuel pump. You'll need some sort of air flow reducer (SAFC or MAFT). In order to do so, you'll need larger injectors/fuel pump.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada