Turbo injectors in a N/T

Posted By: Malcolm Harris

Turbo injectors in a N/T - June 06, 2005 07:04 pm UTC

I have a 1Gb 2.0L N/T with 90000km, it was completly rebuilt and bored out 30 over and the spark plugs appear to have a whitish colour, I think she's running a little lean.
Can I put stock turbo injectors in a N/T?
Do I have to change Fuel pumps to?
I think it might richen up the fuel mixture is why I ask, and I have the extra injectors smile .
Posted By: Tim Brown

Re: Turbo injectors in a N/T - June 06, 2005 07:41 pm UTC

That will be way too rich. If you want get a fuel pressure regulator from an 89-92 Dodge Colt they have the highest pressure FPR of all DSMs and its a bolt on. That would be a better option for you.
Posted By: Nathan Welch

Re: Turbo injectors in a N/T - June 07, 2005 03:47 am UTC

Rewire the pump first! this should help a bit!

Or you could screw the plug farther into the mas to let less air in!!

Its undernead the air meter and covered with putty.

Re: Turbo injectors in a N/T - June 07, 2005 04:32 am UTC

I have a 93' Mitsu Mirage, I wonder if I could swap that pressure regulator on it and have some improvements, where did you find that info tu ,.
Maybe my CAS timing is off causing the white plugs, I just put a new T-belt on so maybe I should give it a while, I just want bigger injectors, way to rich though you say.
I have messed with the plug in the MAF before and it runs better with it in alining the air.
I guess I should rewire the pump thanks guys.
Posted By: Tim Brown

Re: Turbo injectors in a N/T - June 09, 2005 03:33 am UTC

I have the factory manual for all the DSM/Hyundai Hybrids its just something that jumped out at me. a 93 Colt with 1.5L should work its the same engine just dunno about the fuel rail if they kept it the same its probably fine

Re: Turbo injectors in a N/T - June 09, 2005 11:09 am UTC

Yep there are identical rail and bolt partern!, Mitsu Mirage LS 1.5L 12valve 4G15 ECI multi. I'm surprised the P-regulators would be different, a smaller motor needs more pressure?.
Thanks Tim I'm gonna run it for week and check the plugs for lean conditions and then swap um up I'll post any improvments.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada