Dance club in the Falls

Posted By: Mike Jackson

Dance club in the Falls - May 31, 2008 12:28 am UTC

The wife and I are heading to the Falls tomorrow and would like to hit up a club. I am seeing Dragonfly and Rumors. Anyone been to either on a Saturday night? If so let me know what to expect at each.
Posted By: Ryan Laliberte

Re: Dance club in the Falls - May 31, 2008 01:24 am UTC

Rumors is good. Been there.
Posted By: Jay Warwick (Pham)

Re: Dance club in the Falls - May 31, 2008 01:29 am UTC

Rumors is packed with 19 year old American girls and guys that look like they are going to stab you.
Had a good time, no complaints.

Theres a ton of places in the falls, Clifton Hill is pretty lively on a Saturday night, I'm sure you'll be able to make an evening out of it

Re: Dance club in the Falls - May 31, 2008 01:36 am UTC

I was down last year with some friends and we stayed at the Comfort Inn on Clifton Hill.

We hit up a few of the attractions, Rumors and some strip bar on the other end of town.

Not a bad time.

Rumors is your typical "Legal Drinking Age or around there" bar.

Didn't hit anything else up around there, took the party back to the hotel room.

Just be warned, there is usually a lineup if you show up late.
Posted By: Grant Redfern

Re: Dance club in the Falls - May 31, 2008 12:04 pm UTC

Dragonfly has a swingers section not many people know about.

Re: Dance club in the Falls - May 31, 2008 03:13 pm UTC

Deinately not into swinging.

So what time is too late?

I think Rumors is 21+ on Saturday. Should the average age there be higher then Dragonfly then?

Which has the bigger dance floor?
Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Re: Dance club in the Falls - May 31, 2008 05:17 pm UTC

Just curious...is this going to be a car trip or one of your first bike adventures??

Already seeing a LOT more traffic here in the falls than even a few weeks ago....seems to be increasing daily!
Posted By: David Quang

Re: Dance club in the Falls - May 31, 2008 05:27 pm UTC

I say you would honestly have more fum at dragonfly its a really nice club inside is really well decorated i found that the drinks were expensive but its classy. Very strict dress code.
Posted By: James DeCunha

Re: Dance club in the Falls - June 01, 2008 08:31 am UTC

I was in Niagara tonight, at 11 there was a 50 person line up atleast for Dragonfly. I didn't feel like waiting
Posted By: Ryan Wopereis

Re: Dance club in the Falls - June 01, 2008 02:38 pm UTC

Dragonfly. 100%. It is a little more pricey but well worth it. It's clean and they are pretty strict about the dress code meaning you won't have to worry about any gangsta looking people. lol. Was there 2 weeks ago on a Saturday night. Had a great time. Make sure you wear black shoes though if you go there.

Edit: I wasn't using my head. It's now Sunday morning and this post is no longer any good to you. eek

Re: Dance club in the Falls - June 01, 2008 09:03 pm UTC

We did go to the Dragonfly and it was good. We went straight in around 10:00 and it was pretty empty. By 10:30 it was packed enough to hit the dance floor. Left around 1:00 and there was a mob lined up waiting to get in.

Pretty cool joint.

We drove the minivan down Ziggy, I still have my M1 until July 21st so I can't have any passengers yet anyway.
Posted By: Troy Jollimore

Re: Dance club in the Falls - June 02, 2008 06:07 pm UTC

Your wife lets you got to CLUBS?!?

I begged, cried and pleaded when we were in Los Angeles. And the harder she'd hit me... wink

Re: Dance club in the Falls - June 02, 2008 06:53 pm UTC

So what does she do when you ask her to go with you to the rippers?

Life is too short not to have fun. We're still a fairly hot fairly young couple and enjoy going drinking and dancing. sh!t.. we didn't leave the dance floor after 10:30 until we left except to get the drinks (which we drank on the dance floor).
Posted By: Rob Strelecki

Re: Dance club in the Falls - June 02, 2008 07:04 pm UTC

If Troy is any indication of post-DSM life, I'm never giving it up man!!! rotflmao
Posted By: Adam Grenon

Re: Dance club in the Falls - June 02, 2008 07:46 pm UTC

My gf hates when I go to the rippers but I go anyways, she went once with me and was disgusted. I told her I don't care I'll go if I want to go (its usually because friends want to go).

Once we went my buddy stayed in the car and waited for us because his gf told him he couldn't go in, if it was my woman I would have told her to frack herself.

Clubs are ok once and awhile but in all honesty I can't stand em, I always want to punch some douchebag in the face, because he's either trying to fondle my woman or is spilling his drink on me or bumping into me on the dance floor. Plus there is always 11teen year olds there rippin it up and they get retarded cry and piss themselves.

I prefer a pub, somewhere with a karaoke night or live entertainment.

Also my opinion is based on clubs mostly in college towns that are saturated with idiots.
Posted By: Gates Perry

Re: Dance club in the Falls - June 02, 2008 07:58 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Adam Grenon
...if it was my woman I would have told her to frack herself.

I have a feeling many people say this line and end up waiting in a car one day... Besides, who pays money to see naked women?
tongue

Re: Dance club in the Falls - June 02, 2008 08:42 pm UTC

My gf hates when I go to the rippers but I go anyways, she went once with me and was disgusted. I told her I don't care I'll go if I want to go (its usually because friends want to go).

Once we went my buddy stayed in the car and waited for us because his gf told him he couldn't go in, if it was my woman I would have told her to frack herself.

Clubs are ok once and awhile but in all honesty I can't stand em, I always want to punch some douchebag in the face, because he's either trying to fondle my woman or is spilling his drink on me or bumping into me on the dance floor. Plus there is always 11teen year olds there rippin it up and they get retarded cry and piss themselves.

I prefer a pub, somewhere with a karaoke night or live entertainment.

Also my opinion is based on clubs mostly in college towns that are saturated with idiots.

Exactly why I didn't go out to the bars in Belleville. MJ's is horrible. Good if you are looking to pick up a drunk 16 year old, or get into a fight with some douchebag who think's he's 50 Cent or Eminem or something.
Posted By: Tim Grechin

Re: Dance club in the Falls - June 02, 2008 11:30 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Ryan Laliberte
Good if you are looking to pick up a drunk 16 year old,

Directions?
Posted By: Ryan Wopereis

Re: Dance club in the Falls - June 03, 2008 12:25 am UTC

Like Peterborough. I hate going out to the bars there when I go back now. Too many losers. It's the same thing everytime. I always find myself wanting to get in fights there. That and it's the same people that go out everytime.

Good call with Dragonfly Mike. I will definately be going back there.
Posted By: Joe Esmama

Re: Dance club in the Falls - June 03, 2008 05:22 am UTC

Wow, no offence but is he whipped? I hope he's not still with her. Doesnt show an ounce of respect at all.
Posted By: Brandon Clement

Re: Dance club in the Falls - June 03, 2008 05:45 am UTC

Originally Posted by Tim Grech
Originally Posted by Ryan Laliberte
Good if you are looking to pick up a drunk 16 year old,

Directions?

make sure you forward
Posted By: Brandon Clement

Re: Dance club in the Falls - June 03, 2008 05:47 am UTC

I love hitting up clubs, I love to dance, meet chicks, and just have an overall good time listening to some of my favourite music. But there can be a lot of idiots at clubs that's forsure.

I always hate the dude's standing on the sidelines just staring at chicks that walk by them, like make a move, say hello, stop being a creep.
Posted By: Troy Jollimore

Re: Dance club in the Falls - June 03, 2008 05:44 pm UTC

Rippers? Nah, I barely went there when I was young and single. Never felt the need to. And wouldn't be allowed now. I've always been pretty laid back, Rob, even when I had the DSM. You don't have to worry. *Laugh*

My wife doesn't have much respect for me, but she doesn't really 'see' it. Oh well, she's the one I married, so I respect her wishes. To a certain degree anyway. I had a friend in town from TO (living in London, UK) visit and he wanted to go out drinking in Halifax. Wife said no. I asked again. She said no. I then told her to frack off, and went anyway. She shows up at the pub to make me feel bad. Doesn't work. She goes away again mad. Then comes when I call to drive us home.

You put up with them to the point of being reasonable. When they cross that point, all bets are off. But I think they know that. wink

The funny thing is she thinks of us as the "hot, young couple". I say, "Only if you define that as watching 'Laverne & Shirley' together and then going to bed by 10:30..." wink
© 2024 Club DSM Canada