Your favorite burger and pizza place

Posted By: Alex Akachinskiy

Your favorite burger and pizza place - April 22, 2012 05:54 am UTC

DSMers! Post your favorite burger/pizza place and add few words to tell everyone why you like. Feel free to post address if you want.

Mine,

Burger place: Apache Burgers
Apache Burgers at 5236 Dundas Street West, Etobicoke. A bit pricey but burger quality is really good. I also like thick cut french fries and double whooper at Burger King.

Pizza Place: PizzaPizza
Thin crust pepperoni with creamy garlic on the side with ice cold classic coke. I don't like pizza straight out of the oven. I like it more after it's reheated once. Cheese and tomato sauce bond together much nicer this way. There is one close to my home in Brampton which makes it very convenient. Once I ate extra large pizza all by myself. bomb

What you about you?
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: Your favorite burger and pizza place - April 22, 2012 06:03 am UTC

Right now;

Harvey's - Great Canadian bacon n' cheese, the works with lots of hot peppers and hot sauce. **EFFIN DIRTY BURGER**

Pizza - Gabe's classic combo (for those who don't know, just 'ol fashion pep, green pepp, mushrooms). I love all kinds of pizza really, but I dislike onions and other over powering ingredients that take away from the cheesy saucy goodness.
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: Your favorite burger and pizza place - April 22, 2012 06:05 am UTC

ohhh and i can't believe you would say pizza pizza is your fav..it's like eating card board...yuck!
Posted By: Lucian Marta

Re: Your favorite burger and pizza place - April 22, 2012 06:20 am UTC

This thread is gonna bring out the inner fatass in us all. I'm already hungry!
Posted By: Jeremy Gilbert

Re: Your favorite burger and pizza place - April 22, 2012 12:20 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Eng

Harvey's - Great Canadian bacon n' cheese, the works with lots of hot peppers and hot sauce. **EFFIN DIRTY BURGER**

x2

For Pizza, there's a place in Mississauga called Amadio's. That guy is religious about making sure every pizza he bakes is fantastic. If only he'd deliver to Guelph frown
Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Re: Your favorite burger and pizza place - April 22, 2012 01:00 pm UTC

Harveys double burger with cheese and bacon....we call it "stroke on a bun". smile
Posted By: Sven Hebbard

Re: Your favorite burger and pizza place - April 22, 2012 01:43 pm UTC

pizza-papa johns

and burgers- a&w..

this is what i've grown to like up on c.r.a.w.l
Posted By: Rob Cauduro

Re: Your favorite burger and pizza place - April 22, 2012 03:43 pm UTC

Pizaiolo because they rule, and because they have the most vegitarian options smile

Harvy's has a good vegi burger if I crave junk food wink
Posted By: Luke Decking

Re: Your favorite burger and pizza place - April 22, 2012 03:48 pm UTC

Burger: 5 guys and fries. If you've never been do it. They might have one near you. Therse one in Oshawa and one in Red Deer that I've been too. AMAZING QUALITY

Pizza: 241 pizza. Call ,me old fashioned but I like a pizza to have a nice thick layer of cheese, No one delivers like these guys
Posted By: Roman Cullen

Re: Your favorite burger and pizza place - April 22, 2012 03:53 pm UTC

Burgers: Wimpy's cause there sh!t Is bomb.

Pizza: Pizza Hut cause I like pizza's made in a pan =O
Posted By: Neal Thibault

Re: Your favorite burger and pizza place - April 22, 2012 05:30 pm UTC

In the Oshawa area

Burgers: Mr.Burger blows 5 guys out of the water in quality and price and most importantly TASTE! 5 guys has a Wendys flavor to it and lacks the homemade taste in my opinion.

Pizza: GOGO Pizza and Subs is the best in Oshawa. Hardy Pizza and good enough that dipping sauce is not required. Also did I mention you can walk in order a slice and enjoy it with a beer?
Posted By: Luke Decking

Re: Your favorite burger and pizza place - April 22, 2012 06:52 pm UTC

Whoa Whoa, Slow your roll Neal.

Mr. Burger is a landmark in that area but don't have the goods to stack up to 5 guys.

I can't take you seriously because across the street from there we find gogo "pizza&subs". I'll admit the beer is a nice touch but if a restaurant has to get you drunk to eat their "food" I'll pass
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: Your favorite burger and pizza place - April 22, 2012 07:42 pm UTC

Burger: Sunny's at Queen and Kennedy here in brampton, nice home made burger and tastes great. If I am in the states then in and out, nuff said.

Pizza: I am with Alex, PizzaPizza is my favorite place to get pizza, I love thin crust and bacon strips, pineapple and feta cheese. That right there is the best pizza I have ever had. Except for maybe our home made buffalo chicken pizza.
Posted By: Jay Warwick (Pham)

Re: Your favorite burger and pizza place - April 22, 2012 08:38 pm UTC

Burger: South Street Burger Co. Awesome burgers! I can't even count the number of times I've "volunteered" to pick my gf up from Oakville just to stop by and indulge!

Pizza: Pizza places are a dime a dozen down here, but I'd have to say The Barrel is the best place.
Posted By: Salomon Ponte

Re: Your favorite burger and pizza place - April 23, 2012 07:19 am UTC

Originally Posted by Rob Cauduro
Pizaiolo because they rule, and because they have the most vegitarian options smile

Harvy's has a good vegi burger if I crave junk food wink

I love the Harvey's veggieburgers! laugh Montana's does/did have a fantastic one as well. I've never been a fan of the Lick's ones though.

Pizza... Ricci's at the corner of Weston & Langstaff in Woodbrige (Vaughan) is incredible. Whether it's pizza, pasta, panzarottis, sandwiches or salads, Ricci's can't be beat. Legit Italian food.
Posted By: ruben silva

Re: Your favorite burger and pizza place - April 23, 2012 01:44 pm UTC

Burger: Royal meets burger a little pricey but amazing and fresh burger !

pizza: Not sure what the name is but its on the corner of ossington and dundas was considered the best pizza in toronto by the toronto sun !
Posted By: Tyler Minshall

Re: Your favorite burger and pizza place - April 23, 2012 02:45 pm UTC

The best burgers are at woody's burgers

http://www.woodysburgers.com/

If you haven't tried them then you don't know what you're missing. The amount of toppings available is pretty crazy (fried egg-onion strings) I tried five guys in Mississauga on Erin Mills. That place was absolute garbage. I don't know why anyone raves about there.

Pizza i would have to say 241 thin crust with bacon and extra cheese. Or pizza hut bread sticks with cheese.
Posted By: Guillaume Berton

Re: Your favorite burger and pizza place - April 23, 2012 07:27 pm UTC

I have to agree with Ruben on Burgers: Royal Meat is amazingly good!

Pizza: Mike's (In Montreal) and Antica Pizza in Niagra (thin crust pizza but the old fashion style, absolutely best tasting pizza).

Side note....talk about Pizza/Burgers and no Poutine?!?!?!

Poutine: Roi de la Patate and La Belle Province laugh (both in Montreal :P)

Ribs: Bar-B Barn in Quebec!

And just because I love it so much, Chiken: ST-Hubert!! (or it's equivalent here Queensway Rotissery.

Can you tell I like to eat good food? LOL
Posted By: Jason Weir

Re: Your favorite burger and pizza place - April 23, 2012 07:32 pm UTC

Pulled Pork sandwiches!! They are awesome there are a few BBQ places that just opened in Halifax for that.
Pizza for meat lovers - Petes pizzaria it gets double of every meat in the house when you leave you have to carry with both hands under the box as it will come through. Large will run you almost 40 bucks!
Burger Sobeys our compliments Garlic peppercorn burgers simply amazing!
Posted By: Jay Stacey

Re: Your favorite burger and pizza place - April 23, 2012 09:45 pm UTC

Brendas pizza factory here in Belleville for Pizza!

I think she leaves cigarette ashes and fingernail clippings in it but it still taste better then every other place Ive had pizza at.(gourmay pizza from Pizza hut or the like, may taste better but Id rather spend the extra $40 on my car!)

I prefer my own bbq burgers over any take out, I hate paying 5 bucks for some graesy fast food burger.. rather get chickin or tacos.
Posted By: Alex Akachinskiy

Re: Your favorite burger and pizza place - April 23, 2012 11:35 pm UTC

Posted By: Ghislain Goudreau

Re: Your favorite burger and pizza place - April 24, 2012 12:48 am UTC

I also prefer my own Burgers; heck I can't belive that most in here like BK, Harveys and other $#it joint.

You guys should try a real homemade burger; buy some medium Ground Beef, make it into a "paddy" without adding anything to it aside from Salt and Peper. Cook on the BBQ, slap on a Hamburger Bun and add your own toppings.

As for the Pizza; I prefer smaller Moms $ Pops Pizza Joint. Pizza Pizza makes $#it Pizza. Heck again; make your own, much betta!!!

Ghislain
Posted By: Joe Esmama

Re: Your favorite burger and pizza place - April 24, 2012 02:33 am UTC

Not much of a burger/pizza dude.

But, im a poutine lover. Its been awhile since ive been in Montreal, but ill definitely be checking those places out for poutine.

When im downtown, i usually go to 2 places for poutine.

Traditional poutine - Poutinies, bar none.

Poutine variety - Smokes poutine.
Posted By: Tyler Minshall

Re: Your favorite burger and pizza place - April 24, 2012 04:07 am UTC

Oh man poutine is delicious. I like frite alors in quebec. Also if you're looking for pizza in quebec i usually go to west antonios. If you REALLY like bacon and cheese i usually get thin crust with extra cheese and bacon. They will ask you if you want the bacon underneath or on top. I always say both. I eat a ton of food but i can not even kill half of the large. By comparison i ate a large pizza from 241 yesterday and was a bit hungry after.

If you want to make burgers at home and don't have time to actually make them, costco has burgers that they make themselves. They are never frozen and are in the meat section near the steaks. Those are delicious.

Posted By: Jay Stacey

Re: Your favorite burger and pizza place - April 24, 2012 10:20 am UTC

FYI Weight watchers claims that poutine at Dairy queen is 3 times the points as the average hamburger at micdicks or boogerqueen, which you could amagine is quite a bit higher then a homemade burger.

BEST BURGER EVER!!! Venison burger with chopped potatoes in it! Killed and prepared by my dad.
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: Your favorite burger and pizza place - April 24, 2012 11:16 am UTC

I would love a elk burger!! I had elk sausage once and it was the tastiest meat I have ever tasted!
© 2024 Club DSM Canada