frack paypal!

Posted By: Mike Eng

frack paypal! - September 15, 2015 04:36 pm UTC

Why does anyone still use this shitty payment tool anymore?

I admit a few years ago they saved my butt on being scammed $150 for a UEGO I bought from tuners..never received it. And, I should have been more weary of buying from a guy with only 1 post.

Their fees are ridiculously expensive for nothing.

They hold your funds until the transaction is completed.

I get that you can tap into your credit card for convenience but it's not like you can't do that with your online banking VIA EMT. And I understand you have buyer protection. But come on...buyer's need to use more common sense. (myself included)

Moving forward...if ANYONE buys ANYTHING from me and is IN CANADA...I will NOT ACCEPT PayPal.

If you have a PayPal account, that means you do your banking online...which also means you can email money transfer funds.

End rant.
Posted By: Lucian Marta

Re: frack paypal! - September 15, 2015 04:41 pm UTC

I avoid paypal at all costs
Posted By: Jason Drew

Re: frack paypal! - September 15, 2015 04:48 pm UTC

I've been using Paypal since I opened my ebay account back in 2001 and I can't say I've really had any issues with it. I've dealt with a couple scammers, everything got sorted out in a fairly timely manner.

I use it to receive payments on my store and yes there are fees involved but it's calculated into my pricing. They are in it make money, have you looked at what banks charge for ridiculously simple things?

I've never had them hold my funds either.

I used my Paypal mastercard debit card for all my purchases in the US at the shootout, had USD in there so no dealing with currency exchange etc.

Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Re: frack paypal! - September 15, 2015 04:51 pm UTC

While they are not exactly cheap, I have to stand up and defend Paypal here. We use them as our credit card processor, as they are the ONLY ones that offer any kind of protection for the SELLER. I used to use Moneris, which is the biggest in Canada, but their fees were only SLIGHTLY less, and they offered ZERO protection for the seller. Several times they approved a transaction that I myself determined to be fraudulent and did not fill. One of those occasions, they even had the nerve to charge me a "charge back fee" for returning the money to its rightful owner, even though they themselves had approved the transaction.

Paypal also gives you the option if you are paying with your paypal balance or bank account attached to your paypal account, to send money WITHOUT any fee involved. Of course, in those cases they consider that sending money to "friends", so there is no protection involved, but still it is free!

Re: frack paypal! - September 15, 2015 05:21 pm UTC

It's just a matter of time before they're weened out in place of a newer better version of international EMT'S (with protection and NO fee's).

And whoever wins over the masses by having such an institution, will only need to bank their dollars on small advertising of big companies.

Just like the spam that pops up on your "APP" on your smart phone. As long as the service is free, you can deal with the spam.

Re: frack paypal! - September 15, 2015 06:38 pm UTC

Google, Amazon and Apple have all tried to be the one to take over, with little success. I don't foresee it happening anytime in the very near future.

Re: frack paypal! - September 15, 2015 06:52 pm UTC

frack I'll do it.

It'll be called UberPal.
Posted By: Michael Lee

Re: frack paypal! - September 15, 2015 06:52 pm UTC

I don't see banks giving away free EMTs anytime soon unless they raise all of their banking fees.

Re: frack paypal! - September 15, 2015 07:15 pm UTC

My monthly fee is the same as it used to be moving away from TD to RBC. At $15 a month for unlimited EMT's was reason enough for me. TD was charging me $1.00 per transaction..

And if you know me, that's nearly a grand a year easy.

Re: frack paypal! - September 15, 2015 07:17 pm UTC

When I disputed that to them, they reimbursed me $50 on the spot. And asked me nicely to stay with them...seemed redundant unless they removed the fee altogether.

Re: frack paypal! - September 15, 2015 07:27 pm UTC

Yeah it's $1.00 per transaction with RBC as well, unless you pony up $15 a month.

Re: frack paypal! - September 15, 2015 07:32 pm UTC

I average more than 15 per month.

Re: frack paypal! - September 15, 2015 07:37 pm UTC

Jeebus that's a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$

I don't think I reach over $100 in a year, so I just pay the $1.00 per transaction fee.

Re: frack paypal! - September 15, 2015 08:22 pm UTC

Mostly car and hockey related transactions....mostly.

Re: frack paypal! - September 15, 2015 08:39 pm UTC

No scantily clad ladies? wink

Re: frack paypal! - September 15, 2015 08:50 pm UTC

frack off mike wink

Re: frack paypal! - September 15, 2015 08:53 pm UTC

frown

Re: frack paypal! - September 15, 2015 10:01 pm UTC

wink

Re: frack paypal! - September 15, 2015 10:17 pm UTC

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Salomon Ponte

Re: frack paypal! - September 16, 2015 03:28 am UTC

Originally Posted by Michael Lee

Nah, he prefers scantily clad ladyboys*

Re: frack paypal! - September 16, 2015 01:11 pm UTC

Hardy har har fellars!!! bird

Re: frack paypal! - September 16, 2015 03:17 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Salomon Ponte

Nah, he prefers scantily clad ladyboys*

Bah haha

Re: frack paypal! - October 06, 2015 04:11 pm UTC

After having done multiple transactions with PayPal, I will say that for the life of me, I cannot figure out why they do not immediately deposit the funds into the PayPal account (I get it takes up to 3 business days to go into my bank account, but that's not in question) and it seems no matter what I sell, they hold the funds for up to 21 business days.

I guess maybe I'm becoming patient or am now anticipating this more and more.

Calling them didn't seem to resolve anything. I can't get through to a human being.

I have both a verified credit and chequeing account with them.

So what gives...?

Can anyone enlighten me on why this 21 day policy is in effect with me...?

Still not happy with their fees but at least it's no where near as bad as eBay's fees.

Re: frack paypal! - October 06, 2015 04:22 pm UTC

I also recently bought an item using my credit card and they had no problem getting the money out immediately.

I'm lost.
Posted By: Guillaume Berton

Re: frack paypal! - October 06, 2015 04:35 pm UTC

It's like banks. They keep it a little and make a little off placements during that time. No one does something for free anymore, they all have predetermined goals with their payment plan.

Re: frack paypal! - October 06, 2015 04:44 pm UTC

So you experience the same problem?

Re: frack paypal! - October 06, 2015 07:33 pm UTC

Maybe they pick on certain people, I have zero holds on funds that I receive, unless the person sends an e-check which is normal but even then it's only 3-5 days.
Posted By: Jeremy Gilbert

Re: frack paypal! - October 06, 2015 08:03 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Eng
Can anyone enlighten me on why this 21 day policy is in effect with me...?

A PayPal employee spotted your original post and decided to have some fun smile

Re: frack paypal! - October 06, 2015 08:22 pm UTC

lol could very well be.

Re: frack paypal! - October 07, 2015 03:35 pm UTC

I figured it out.

It's a new account.

All new accounts go through it for 60 days.

I found my old account.. and some forgotten funds laugh

Re: frack paypal! - October 07, 2015 03:40 pm UTC

I guess I had registered this new account when I didn't remember my old one. Only thing that makes sense to me. LOL

Still not liking their fees. :td:
Posted By: Anthony Hiscock

Re: frack paypal! - October 18, 2015 01:57 pm UTC

I don't see banks giving away free EMTs anytime soon unless they raise all of their banking fees.

I get like 15 EMTs per month free with my RBC account. Scotia charged me $1.50 and that's one of the many reasons I left them.

I've had no issues with Paypal, sure the fees suck but they've saved my ass a couple times. Especially a few months ago when a seller tried to scam me on eBay.

Re: frack paypal! - October 18, 2015 02:41 pm UTC

You can get free EMT fees at the banks..just need to be a senior smile

Re: frack paypal! - October 18, 2015 03:30 pm UTC

LOL

Well, I'm slowly coming around to liking PayPal again but I still think their fees are too high.

I just lost a good chunk of money because of it too.

Re: frack paypal! - October 18, 2015 11:23 pm UTC

You could use another payment front like Square trade, accept credit/debit cards directly, no need for an account on the buyers end but they do charge like 3.5%

Re: frack paypal! - October 18, 2015 11:49 pm UTC

Or win the lotto and just buy everything new and only what you need tongue but I've had no luck on that front yet.

Re: frack paypal! - October 19, 2015 06:14 pm UTC

You know, if people send you paypal funds as a "gift", and the source of the funds is their paypal balance or bank balance in an account attached to the paypal account, there are no fees for the transfer.

Re: frack paypal! - October 19, 2015 06:22 pm UTC

I thought there was a "loop-hole". Thanks Ziggy! I'll keep this in mind!

Re: frack paypal! - October 19, 2015 06:35 pm UTC

Keep in mind, "gifted" transfers carry ZERO protection.

Re: frack paypal! - October 19, 2015 06:40 pm UTC

^ Yup, so most buyers will not want to go that route, unless they send it on the spot while they pick it up in person.

Re: frack paypal! - October 19, 2015 10:42 pm UTC

Yes, there is no protection, but if buying from a trusted source, it saves fees. I pay for some of my wholesale purchases in the US this way, and some of my customers pay me that way also...

Might be perfect for Mike Eng's hockey related transactions..

Re: frack paypal! - October 19, 2015 11:30 pm UTC

I run a team year round. Have been for years. I pay in advance by cheque, and collect via EMT. So collecting doesn't have any ill affect on my balance and my $15 monthly fee enables me to send unlimited EMT's. So I think I'll continue with this method as it seems to work well for me. The toughest part, is collecting from friends. I'm sure you can relate rotate
Posted By: Jeremy Gilbert

Re: frack paypal! - October 20, 2015 12:28 am UTC

Never lend money to someone unless you're willing to break their kneecaps laugh
© 2024 Club DSM Canada