How low can i go???

Posted By: Anonymous

How low can i go??? - May 09, 2003 09:58 pm UTC

I want a know with 18 inch wheels how low can i drop my car on a 1 generation????
Posted By: Josh Stevenson

Re: How low can i go??? - May 11, 2003 12:06 am UTC

i would think you would be good with a 2 inch drop.
Dont go any lower
i find in my 1st G that yhere is not too too much clearence in the front wheel wells and a little more clearence in the back.
But i think 2 1/2 might be the max!

josh
Posted By: Jeremy Chin

Re: How low can i go??? - May 11, 2003 12:24 am UTC

how wide tires do you want to run?

why 18"s anyway?

whats with all the fad nowadays with the hugh bling bling wheels?

Re: How low can i go??? - May 11, 2003 03:09 am UTC

18's are nice! But i personally like 17's
i have them with 235 40 for tread and i got mine dumped about 3 inches and i am perfect. But i only did 17's because when i do engine work i want less weight!
Posted By: Adrian Hossu

Re: How low can i go??? - May 11, 2003 08:18 am UTC

Originally posted by Jeremy Chin:
how wide tires do you want to run?

why 18"s anyway?

whats with all the fad nowadays with the hugh bling bling wheels?
It's all a matter of personal preference my friend. And 18's aren't that big.. If I didn't already have 17" tires, I wudda got the OZ's in 18" instead of 17.

As for how low, the common drop for a 1g seems to be between 1.5 and 2" drop.. Anything lower and you'll be riding on the bump stops. Make sure you upgrade the shocks when you lowere the car or you're in for a dangerously shitty ride.

Re: How low can i go??? - May 11, 2003 07:25 pm UTC

Adrian is correct man. Upgrade your shocks, and if decide to go over 2 inches a cambre kit will be needed. Or else say good bye to the insides of your tires!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: How low can i go??? - May 14, 2003 08:45 pm UTC

I got 18s on a really good deal!! they are Chrome front to back ADR's and i got 215 /35/18 yellow schorchers!! i know skinny but they were on them when i got them so oh well!! ia m getting Apex, u guys familiar with them and they are a 1.5 drop so i shouldnt need a camber kit right?? just go to the wheel allighnment place after installed??? thanks once again!! And i find 17s were a little to small looking and 18's still are i should have got 19's be a perfect size on our cars!!
Posted By: Tim Neil

Re: How low can i go??? - May 22, 2003 04:57 pm UTC

I have the tokico shock/spring package that is a 1.5" drop and I did need a camber kit... they were visibly /---\
Posted By: Chris Wyatt

Re: How low can i go??? - May 22, 2003 05:51 pm UTC

17s only look small cuz you havent dropped your car yet. I have 17s w/ a 1.25 drop and its "not bad" Id like it a little lower but I have 245 series tires so the possible fender rub would concern me. Ive thought about going 18" though with a skinnier tire...maybe 225.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada