2g eclipse or Talon whats the diff?

Posted By: Mario Tomberli

2g eclipse or Talon whats the diff? - July 23, 2002 05:48 pm UTC

Just woderin' i own a 1 g TSI AWD and I have been thinkin of getting a 2g. I know that eclipses are hard to find in Canada, but aside from the different spoiler whats the diff? Have alot of 2ger's put the eclipse spoiler on there talon? IF I got one I would want to do that. Is it easy to do? Is it very expensive? Can you find the neccesary parts used easily enough?
Posted By: Adrian Hossu

Re: 2g eclipse or Talon whats the diff? - July 23, 2002 06:42 pm UTC

Front bumper cover, rear bumper cover, rear lights, roof colour, rims, spoiler, headlights (97+), mitsu logo on steering wheel.

When you put a mitsu spoiler on a talon, you have to take off the old one, which will leave holes that have to be filled up and painted over (so it can get expensive). Ask JR, he did it on his. But to get the back end to look like an eclipse, you'd also have to do the rear bumper cover and tail lights.
Posted By: Noah Wiles

Re: 2g eclipse or Talon whats the diff? - July 23, 2002 08:03 pm UTC

Hey Adrian, who is JR? I have that exact problem with mine and wanted to know what is involved in getting it fixed.
Posted By: Peter Harry Cortesis

Re: 2g eclipse or Talon whats the diff? - July 23, 2002 08:51 pm UTC

Or, unless you bought an ESi like me, mine did not come with a spoiler, which I guess I got the base of all base models. Well, it did come with A/C and upgraded stereo...... woo! lol
Posted By: Adrian Hossu

Re: 2g eclipse or Talon whats the diff? - July 23, 2002 09:34 pm UTC

click here to see who JR is...
Posted By: JR Sahadat

Re: 2g eclipse or Talon whats the diff? - July 24, 2002 03:58 pm UTC

Yeah, I guess that link is me! I did this a couple of years age, last winter I swapped the rear fascia and taillghts. The holes in the rear decklid are huge! My bodydshop used an old technique of body filling called leading. It leaves an amazing mirror finish. You can see the "Eclipse looking Talon" at the local Mississauga meets.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada