where to refines rims

Posted By: Dave Hermenegildo

where to refines rims - February 16, 2006 12:26 am UTC

I would like to refinish a set of rims to a different colour. Anyone know here I can get this done and roughly how much it would cost?
Thanks
Posted By: miguel barros

Re: where to refines rims - February 16, 2006 01:26 am UTC

I've had my 2G rims refinished at a place in Oshawa Dave.

If I remember correctly, I paid roughly $600 but they did a fantastic job.
Posted By: Justin Stortz

Re: where to refines rims - February 16, 2006 01:39 am UTC

If you are just looking to get a solid colour in a powdercoat or something it should be pretty cheap. Just make sure the rims are properly sandblasted/cleaned before you get them painted. We have a powdercoat shop at work, and I think they charge like $30 a wheel for painting.
Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Re: where to refines rims - February 16, 2006 01:56 am UTC

Andrew who runs this board also does powdercoating. He does a nice job. I THINK he could handle rims, you should PM him and ask...
Posted By: Dave Hermenegildo

Re: where to refines rims - February 16, 2006 03:12 am UTC

Whao $600 eek
The rims are in great shape just want to change the colour. Yes it would be just a solid colour. Roughly how much to get the rims sandblasted and where? Anywhere that does both? Will send Andrew a pm.
thanks.
Posted By: Paul Kashak

Re: where to refines rims - February 16, 2006 03:30 am UTC

The place in Oshawa is Rapid Wheel Refinishing
http://www.rapidwheel.com/

They do a great job.
Posted By: Justin Stortz

Re: where to refines rims - February 16, 2006 05:57 am UTC

We deal with some farmers that have an industrial painting business on the side at work. I think they have a $30 minimum charge for blasting, and it should only take about 15-20minutes to blast some rims. Those rates are somewhat common from what I have seen. after blast+ powdercoat you are probably looking at around 150+ tax or so? Just be carefull about mounting/balancing aswell. Can run you $50-$100 to have the tires dismounted for paint and remounted + balanced after they are painted.
Posted By: Rafael Pimentel III

Re: where to refines rims - February 17, 2006 05:21 pm UTC

Originally posted by Justin Stortz:
Can run you $50-$100 to have the tires dismounted for paint and remounted + balanced after they are painted.
50 - 100 for mounting and balencing? bah We are talking overall right ( all 4)?

Originally posted by Paul Kashak:
The place in Oshawa is Rapid Wheel Refinishing
http://www.rapidwheel.com/

They do a great job.
I've also heard good things from them. I hear you can expect about 200 per wheel to repair it.
They do a lot of old cars and now getting into the sport compacts
© 2024 Club DSM Canada