2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue

Posted By: Mike Eng

2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - June 05, 2012 03:03 pm UTC

So my power antenna wants to pop up, but won't. It's mecahnically effed. I also noticed the previous owner effed the male connecting piece that plugs into the stereo (no am/fm). So am I likely to replace the whole cable or can I cut, solder and plug 'n play a new connector in place?

And back to the antenna itself..outside of shaving it off (which I may do one day when I decide to repaint the car), what other antenna's work well with our cars and don't require much customizing?

Help is appreciated smile
Posted By: Nick Gallo

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - June 05, 2012 09:32 pm UTC

I was looking at doing this too, The s2000 stubby antenna looks great on our cars and threads right onto a non power antenna base.

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - June 05, 2012 10:42 pm UTC

that's good info! smile

what about the cable that plugs into the stereo?
Posted By: Guillaume Berton

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - June 05, 2012 11:40 pm UTC

If you don't want to replace it with a stock one you could always use a smaller one:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

And to get them, I know the guy in this thread used to make them, not sure if he still does.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/custom-fabrication/404029-1g-2g-billet-aluminum-antenna.html

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - June 06, 2012 05:26 pm UTC

Thanks, G!!! Where have you been??? thought you fell off the face of the planet.

prob not likely to go this route, I'd shave it before sticking on a billet dildo HAHAHHA...

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - June 07, 2012 01:19 am UTC

tongue Just add some plastidip and make it look rubbery...wait lol rotate
Shaved looks good but I personally like having asymmetry in the back, it goes with the asymmetry from the bump in the front.

Yeah I had and am still going some family trouble so put the DSM stuff on hold for a bit.

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - September 02, 2014 03:34 am UTC

Anyone know where I can find an S2K stubby antenna?

I finally deleted my power non functioning one and installed one from the RTM partout car.

Although I'd actually like a different base as it sits loosely in the larger hole. The power antenna base does not work with non power base. It's outer diameter is smaller.

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - September 02, 2014 03:50 am UTC

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-auto-body-pa...15264804?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Doesn't look like the threads protrude enough to mount properly.

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - September 02, 2014 12:18 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Eng
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-auto-body-pa...15264804?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Doesn't look like the threads protrude enough to mount properly.

Lol that was the wrong copy and paste.

That was meant for the Kijiji thread.

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - September 02, 2014 12:23 pm UTC

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-OEM-Honda-S2000-Antenna-Element-/170971657699

This is what I meant to post.
Posted By: Jason Drew

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - September 02, 2014 02:04 pm UTC

We all know you were trying to find a good condition blitz body kit tongue

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - September 02, 2014 02:24 pm UTC

Hahaha you got me. blush
Posted By: Luke Smith

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - September 02, 2014 07:11 pm UTC

Ebay Link

I bought one of these and worked good when I tested it. You can find them in different colors too.

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - September 02, 2014 07:26 pm UTC

Cool.

Thanks Luke!

I think I found a solution though.

Will post back.
Posted By: Johnny Larmond

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - September 07, 2014 07:56 am UTC

Didn't I give you a new radio wire from the antenna to the deck?

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - September 07, 2014 12:16 pm UTC

Yep. It's gone to good use.

Should have my new antenna in tomorrow.

Thanks again johnny! And hope all is well with you out west smile

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - September 11, 2014 04:02 pm UTC

This is the antenna I salvaged from the RTM partout car.

[Linked Image]

I shouldn't have used vice grips. If you don't own a socket used for removing the base of the antenna, lightly tap a flat head hammer in a counter clockwise like you would to access your fuel sending unit.

[Linked Image]

The antenna I bought is this one. Enfig stereo out of New Jersey.

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/enfig_antenna.html

And here's how it looks installed.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - September 11, 2014 04:07 pm UTC

A picture of the car in some daylight.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Stephan Tanchak

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - September 11, 2014 04:29 pm UTC

Looks nice.

I like both long and the short antennae looks. With the long antennae, it looks like some kind of R/C car.

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - September 11, 2014 05:19 pm UTC

Thanks Stephan, if someone tries to steal it... They'll never get it unless they cut out the quarter panel tongue

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - September 12, 2014 06:29 pm UTC

Looks nice!

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - September 12, 2014 06:49 pm UTC

Thanks G!

I think it looks better than the non functioning robot dick (as Terry would describe it) rotflmao

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - September 12, 2014 07:02 pm UTC

I still have my self-exited robo-dick and the ladies love it wink

Well per Terry....holographic ladies, since the car is just a figment of your imagination **OOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo000000000oooooooooOOOOOOOOOO*

tongue
Posted By: Terry S

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - September 12, 2014 09:19 pm UTC

The epidemic of robot dicks is real, just ask China. Gui's 2g on the other hand does not.

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - September 12, 2014 09:27 pm UTC

She's a turn key car, all she needs is emissions/safety which she always passed with flying colors. So I'm not too worried about the 2g,....the 1g on the other hand loves throwing me curveballs
Posted By: Johnny Larmond

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - September 16, 2014 04:47 am UTC

Looks good. What's the size of those rims and tires? They look so tiny!

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - September 16, 2014 11:57 am UTC

225/45/17. It's the angle.

Enkei GTC01. Ultra lightweight alloys. I didn't want to be like everyone else running the RPF. No offense..

[Linked Image]

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - September 16, 2014 04:42 pm UTC

tu Also the reason why I don't have RPFs
Posted By: Reza Mirza

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - September 16, 2014 05:24 pm UTC

Not a fan of that style, reminds me of the generic PF01's.

I think you should have gotten RPF1's, because RPF1's rule wink My next and only choice after RPF1's would be NT03's smile

Re: 2g radio antenna "upgrade" and wire harness issue - September 16, 2014 07:00 pm UTC

I'm not a fan of the style either, although they closely resemble the oem gsx alloy. And for the price, I couldn't say no.

I've always been partial to machined lip. My next set will be something more expensive than $400 a corner. But for now, these will do just fine.

And I did say no offense.. wink lol
© 2024 Club DSM Canada