Blinkers

Posted By: Guillaume Berton

Blinkers - October 21, 2014 01:16 am UTC

Well not really bling but it's just bugging me so much.

I HATE the way signals work on the 1g (being in the middle of the light instead of on the sides of the car).

So just wondering couldn't I just switch the bulb/wiring from the middle to the sides or just splice and put the daytimes in the middle?

I have aftermarket side signals that'll be going on the side of the bumper on top of this...Maybe it's just me but I hate the way it's made. Especially with people who don't look around their surroundings making turning a fun task (Specially when merging in the same lane with someone not paying attention because he's not seeing blinky lights)
Posted By: Stephen Richardson

Re: Blinkers - October 21, 2014 01:40 am UTC

You can rewire it however you want. You could probably even find side mirrors with blinkers in them. Wire aint too hard.

Re: Blinkers - October 21, 2014 01:56 am UTC

Well I bought the rare EDM side mirrors that fold from Europe, so don't want to take them off in all honesty. Plus they have heated mirrors for winter smile

Think I'll be doing just that, rewire them. Just wasn't sure on the legality of changing a car's daytime running lights position. If there is any law behind it.
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: Blinkers - October 21, 2014 03:44 am UTC

Lots of people have wired their fog lights as DRL's. I've actually been meaning to since my US car doesn't have them.

It's easy to do. But one thing I would recommend is to measure before drilling the fender, or create a template from cardboard so you get the symmetry.

Re: Blinkers - October 21, 2014 04:15 am UTC

Yup, measure twice, cut once. Although I'm doing it simple, just a quick drill hole in the bumper. Leaving the fenders as is. More complicated to do it on the fender than it is on the side of bumper.

Re: Blinkers - October 21, 2014 11:57 am UTC

Isn't it better visibility for those cars in your blind spot if it's mounted on the fender?

Plus it looks jaydeem
Posted By: Salomon Ponte

Re: Blinkers - October 21, 2014 03:46 pm UTC

The reflectors and lenses are designed to shine the light emitted from the bulb in a specific pattern (legal requirements). If you put the bulbs in different spots within the headlight you will be messing that up and it will technically not meet legal requirements anymore.

Will you ever get in trouble for it? I HIGHLY doubt it.

Re: Blinkers - November 14, 2014 08:58 pm UTC

As I don't like messing with car original specs....going with the bumper/fender area for aftermarket ones:

[Linked Image]

It's blinky time!

Will be seeing which I like the most in terms of fitment, look, install and overall effectiveness. Mounting it on the bumpers rear well area because I don't want to drill my fenders, and it's easier to change the bumper than it is the fenders if I change my mind later on, also still legal per laws smile WIN WIN WIN

Not to mention it actually enhances the safety of the 1g.
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: Blinkers - November 14, 2014 09:03 pm UTC

The middle ones are like the ones that I have!

Re: Blinkers - November 14, 2014 09:47 pm UTC

I know, I like the design on yours for the blinkers. Euro spec side blinkers...Europeans have more safety in mind in their regulations.

Re: Blinkers - November 14, 2014 11:59 pm UTC

Agreed. Ones in middle are nicest! tu
Posted By: Isaque Nunes

Re: Blinkers - December 03, 2014 08:46 pm UTC

You can also make your signal lights in the middle stay lit with the side marker lights so you have all the lights on at the same time. Just need to buy a dual filament bulb and run a wire from your side markers.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada