Wiper size

Posted By: Guillaume Berton

Wiper size - December 12, 2016 09:54 pm UTC

Just got new wipers for the Laser, got the Bosch Icon.

Said to use wiper type A for driver, b for passenger. B doesn't swipe sh!t-all. Anybody have these on their car? Did you use two As? or are my wiper springs pooched?
Posted By: Justin Eckel

Re: Wiper size - December 12, 2016 10:43 pm UTC

I had an awful time with Bosch wiper blades on the girlfriends civic. They would always skip across the windshield. I ended up getting her rain-x latitudes, that's what I use on all of my cars. They go on sale at tsc pretty often.

Re: Wiper size - December 12, 2016 11:36 pm UTC

dag-nabbit! alright may just be the brand, will try those. thanks!
Posted By: Stephen Richardson

Re: Wiper size - December 13, 2016 01:16 am UTC

Anything that says bosch basically sucks. Kinda like Delco and Moog. Best to stay away from them.

Re: Wiper size - December 13, 2016 01:24 am UTC

See I thought the other way around when I bought them, priciest ones...I figured well for once I'll treat my car seeing as it's something important....annndddddd let down.

Re: Wiper size - December 13, 2016 01:26 am UTC

oh and for the rain x, did you follow the suggested (an A and a B) or picked 2 As? just want good wipers for winter.
Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Re: Wiper size - December 13, 2016 03:28 am UTC

Originally Posted by Stephen Richardson
Anything that says bosch basically sucks. Kinda like Delco and Moog. Best to stay away from them.

We always considered those brands a step up from the basic stuff.

Re: Wiper size - December 13, 2016 12:43 pm UTC

They are better then Whitebox for sure. But mostly you are paying for their warranty. Definitely not premiun parts they are just at a premiun price.
Posted By: Ben Stretch

Re: Wiper size - December 13, 2016 10:39 pm UTC

Perhaps you guys know this one already but, one of the best tricks I've learned in car maintenance, if you still have the original wipers (probably not on the laser) go to the dealer and you can buy just the rubber inserts. Replace in minutes, work like new and are about $15 a pair (that's 2). Fraction of the cost of crapadian tire

I have a 06 civic, 06 is250 and an 01 Camry and they all get this treatment annually.
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: Wiper size - December 14, 2016 12:13 pm UTC

I bought the pella ones from ziggy for this reason, now I just grab replacement blade.

Re: Wiper size - December 14, 2016 02:05 pm UTC

I run Integra wiper blades on my Talon and OEM blades on my other 2 Hondas. OEM inserts are so cheap its not worth buying blades when all you need is inserts.
Posted By: Alex Akachinskiy

Re: Wiper size - December 14, 2016 03:19 pm UTC

I run Integra wiper blades on my Talon and OEM blades on my other 2 Hondas. OEM inserts are so cheap its not worth buying blades when all you need is inserts.

what is the cost difference ?
Posted By: Ben Stretch

Re: Wiper size - December 14, 2016 05:04 pm UTC

Well average price at CT is probably around $20-$25 each plus tax. I thing the last time I got some for the civic they were just over $13 for a pair. I'd say you'd save $25-$30 easily.

Re: Wiper size - December 14, 2016 05:50 pm UTC

What He ^^ said.
Posted By: Isaque Nunes

Re: Wiper size - December 14, 2016 06:19 pm UTC

I've been using the Rain X wipers from USA for the last 15 years! Not I can only find them at Walmart and not all sizes. I just pick them up when I'm in USA. Best ones by far. And just a Tip. If you've never coated your windshield with Rain X, I'd highly recommend it. I don't even use my wipers on the hiway when it's raining!
Cheers
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: Wiper size - December 14, 2016 06:46 pm UTC

Isaque, Rain X is so 5 years ago! Haha, check out aquapell it's far superior. And never wet has come out with windshield treatment too but haven't seen a compare between aquapell and the never wet
Posted By: Isaque Nunes

Re: Wiper size - December 14, 2016 09:24 pm UTC

5 Years? Ha... I've been using it for 15 years. Sorry Loyal to my Canadian Tire products! Works great for me and very happy with it.
Posted By: Jay Stacey

Re: Wiper size - December 22, 2016 06:18 pm UTC

Rainx fan here!
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: Wiper size - December 23, 2016 11:18 pm UTC

+1.

Although I'm using wipers from a '14 mdx, zdx and rlx. IIRC..
© 2024 Club DSM Canada