Window Pull Strap

Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Window Pull Strap - March 01, 2017 05:00 pm UTC

Wondering if anyone has done this?
I saw it on a petrolicious video and thought it was pretty cool and a relatively easy way to lost some weight.
Posted By: Lucian Marta

Re: Window Pull Strap - March 01, 2017 05:42 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Bryan Lawrence
Wondering if anyone has done this?

Absolutely not.
Posted By: Guillaume Berton

Re: Window Pull Strap - March 02, 2017 04:28 am UTC

Not for a daily at any rate. For a race car, better off just going fixed lexan with cat-flap for weight savings.
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: Window Pull Strap - March 02, 2017 12:07 pm UTC

Yeah definitely wouldn't be for a daily! I googled cat flap and can't find anything. What is it

Re: Window Pull Strap - March 02, 2017 03:57 pm UTC

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lucian Marta

Re: Window Pull Strap - March 02, 2017 04:08 pm UTC

Yep.
Posted By: Mike Lane

Re: Window Pull Strap - March 05, 2017 04:49 pm UTC

I want to run carbon doors, oem glass, and see if I can get creative with a power window delete as long as I can put em up and down and use OEM inner door panels. keep it street legal or in a few grey areas of that nature.
Posted By: Salomon Ponte

Re: Window Pull Strap - March 06, 2017 02:57 pm UTC

Unless you're planning to run a cage with door bars don't bother with carbon doors. They have no crash protection/reinforcement.

T-Bones are deadly enough as it is...I wouldn't tempt fate.

Re: Window Pull Strap - March 06, 2017 03:10 pm UTC

I agree, I thought the same thing (cf doors) while trying to keep it legal. No way around it, you're playing with your life and your passengers life. Wouldn't do it.

Re: Window Pull Strap - March 06, 2017 03:15 pm UTC

Also, not only is it essential protection for a tbone, but it's also part of the overall structural rigidity of the chassis in a frontal or rear end collision. The metal doors act as a truss from front to back of the car aiding in the pillar and bottom chassis for rigidity in its longitudinal direction. Make that out of cf with no rigidity in that area and it becomes a new crumple zone (which seeing as you're sitting there, you don't want it to be).
Posted By: Charles Kisielewski

Re: Window Pull Strap - March 06, 2017 08:10 pm UTC

I believe that Mike does indeed plan on caging his dsm. Speaking with him a few years back he definitely knows about the protection the factory doors provide.
Posted By: Mike Lane

Re: Window Pull Strap - March 07, 2017 08:39 pm UTC

Lol have some wet cf dreams and everyone gets bent out of shape for me 😆 damn things are just so heavy if I can do a rear hoop and door bars I was guna consider it or get creative reinforcing that area somehow. Still have other things to tackle first wink
© 2024 Club DSM Canada