2g Paddle shifting

Posted By: Guillaume Berton

2g Paddle shifting - April 24, 2014 01:03 am UTC

As you know, I love new things developed for our cars. The more attention they get, the more it makes sense that I spend so much on it....so it helps my conscience tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PLVI79eN6s
Posted By: Mike Petro

Re: 2g Paddle shifting - April 24, 2014 02:47 am UTC

All I see is two paddles counting numbers up and down... with the engine off.

Question is, does it actually work?

Posted By: Guillaume Berton

Re: 2g Paddle shifting - April 24, 2014 03:36 am UTC

It's in the motions. He's just testing things one at a time for now.
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: 2g Paddle shifting - April 24, 2014 11:17 am UTC

Was going to say the same thing.

How fast do the auto's switch? is it even fast enough to warrant paddle shifters?
Posted By: KEVIN KIRELUK

Re: 2g Paddle shifting - April 24, 2014 12:09 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Bryan Lawrence
Was going to say the same thing.

How fast do the auto's switch? is it even fast enough to warrant paddle shifters?

An auto with full line pressure shifts fast, and hard! It's much different than how a stock auto shifts.
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: 2g Paddle shifting - April 24, 2014 01:40 pm UTC

That's wicked than! Is there any way to add another gear to the dsm tranny to make it a 6 or 7 speed?
Posted By: Salomon Ponte

Re: 2g Paddle shifting - April 24, 2014 05:53 pm UTC

Not that impressive given that it's on an auto, IMO. Would rather see this done for the manual cars. A little more complicated in cars without a sequential shift pattern but not impossible by any means.
Posted By: Jeff Mitchell

Re: 2g Paddle shifting - April 24, 2014 09:13 pm UTC

I have a 1994 Alpina "SwitchTronic" which is an Auto with push button shifting on the steering wheel - pretty revolutionary stuff for the era. The result is "OK", shifts are fast and crisp, even downshifting. But ultimately I'd rather have a 3 pedal manual.

Originally Posted by Salomon Ponte
Not that impressive given that it's on an auto, IMO. Would rather see this done for the manual cars. A little more complicated in cars without a sequential shift pattern but not impossible by any means.

This was done on a 1G by Road///Race back in the day. They actually let me play with it while I was visiting. It was... a little strange and clunky smile
Posted By: Jroslaw plawski

Re: 2g Paddle shifting - April 25, 2014 01:48 am UTC

Now days we use shift boxes . I myself am rocking on auto awd dd @42 psi of course lot of meth injection . Makes me wonder how many of you guys are driving automatics? .
Posted By: Stephen Richardson

Re: 2g Paddle shifting - April 25, 2014 01:56 am UTC

Seems like a big waste off time. Even most people that have paddle shifters dont use them. Nothing new about paddle shifters they just make driving boring automatics just a bit less boring.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada