Best feeling in the world!

Posted By: Guillaume Berton

Best feeling in the world! - August 03, 2014 09:26 pm UTC

So yesterday I spent countless hours in the weeee hours of the night/morning contemplating what I should and shouldn't buy for the 1g.

Among many things on my to-do list, I always hated the amount of slack/"nothing nothing nothing OMG TOO MUCH!" throttle response I have on the acceleration pedal which I can only assume was either due to the tb being stuck from gunk or the throttle wire itself mixed with the cruise control. Never really use the cruise control so thought of buying the cruise control delete cable, get better response, save weight and make things less cluttery all in one shot.

I already had the tb out, cleaned and still had the same issue and tried recalibrating the cables via the cruise control box with close to no improvement. So I was about to order one.

Go in the garage to mess about some boxes and rearrange things a little (put cf hoods/hatch on the top of the car as opposed to on the hood....want to work on the 2g soon) and looking through one of the boxes I got from Jay MacClelland when I bought the car:

[Linked Image]

BAM!! a brand new one in the bag from mitsu which I had completely forgot about laugh

Sometimes it's the little things that make my day.
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: Best feeling in the world! - August 03, 2014 09:29 pm UTC

LOL nice find G!

I've been wire brushing brackets and painting them as I install the PR FMIC. I was just thinking what awful feeling finding surface rust on parts. I'll post pics eventually.

Also working on a little surprise that will come mid week. wink

Re: Best feeling in the world! - August 03, 2014 09:40 pm UTC

ooouuuhhh surprise laugh
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: Best feeling in the world! - August 03, 2014 09:58 pm UTC

LOL that was the non cruise cable that he said he couldn't find when I was trying to buy one.
It takes a little getting used to but non cruise is so much better, plus it cleans up the bay a lot.

Posted By: Stephen Richardson

Re: Best feeling in the world! - August 03, 2014 09:59 pm UTC

Good find! Do you happen to a right rear ebrake cable in a mitsu bag aswell. Willing to pay oem price.

Re: Best feeling in the world! - August 03, 2014 10:01 pm UTC

Can't find one? I ordered both sides from ziggy.

Re: Best feeling in the world! - August 03, 2014 10:09 pm UTC

Not OEM....... I cant get aftermarket anywhere.

Re: Best feeling in the world! - August 03, 2014 10:17 pm UTC

I don't think the ones ziggy has are oem, they don't look like the ones I currently have on the car.

Re: Best feeling in the world! - August 03, 2014 10:25 pm UTC

No they aren't. He wasn't able to find me OEM.
Posted By: Salomon Ponte

Re: Best feeling in the world! - August 03, 2014 10:27 pm UTC

http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/part...section=BRAKES&group=PARKING%20BRAKE

Any good? Never used this site.
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: Best feeling in the world! - August 03, 2014 10:29 pm UTC

https://www.rtmracing.com/xcart/product.php?productid=18213&page=3

True, they're OE-Style.

But if you're desperate. That's not a bad price.

Re: Best feeling in the world! - August 04, 2014 12:10 am UTC

Not desperate. Had a right and left cable but can only find the left. I was just going to change both at the same time.... cause thats just what I do. Plus isn't it like 5 hp with new cables?

Thats a good site Sal! Maybe I will stir up the pot at my local mopar dealer. See if they can pull one out of their butts. The mitsu guys are pretty fuckin useless around here.

Re: Best feeling in the world! - August 04, 2014 12:51 am UTC

Sorry, no cigar on the E brake cables. I can look for ya though. I kinda like having OEM backups of everything, as most of you know tongue If I find some I'll order a couple.

Re: Best feeling in the world! - August 04, 2014 01:03 am UTC

Sure let me know Gui. And if I find any I will let you know.
Posted By: Jay McClelland

Re: Best feeling in the world! - August 30, 2014 10:05 pm UTC

Lol the gift that keeps on giving. DSM boxes. I still find DSM parts when I looked through boxes in the garage.

Re: Best feeling in the world! - August 30, 2014 11:16 pm UTC

tongue Thanks bud! Your car looks amazing now by the way wink even has a brand spanking new tranny in it! Just needs a little electrics fixed...already changed the alt and still getting low Volts. Swapping it out for a Saturn alt soon.

Re: Best feeling in the world! - August 31, 2014 12:24 pm UTC

Nice! I almost think I'm at the point I may start looking for another DSM.

Posted By: Kyle Dolson

Re: Best feeling in the world! - August 31, 2014 07:28 pm UTC

Jay! Do it! I got myself another one... '97 gst spyder! It's been a long time brother!

Re: Best feeling in the world! - August 31, 2014 09:35 pm UTC

Holy crap very long time kyle! I'd consider 2g, but still thinking just bought a 2013 Chrysler 300. So I'm gonna debate it over the winter
© 2024 Club DSM Canada