New Evo....

Posted By: Guillaume Berton

New Evo.... - May 10, 2015 07:52 pm UTC

I really hope this is a lie:

http://www.carsredesign.com/2016-mitsubishi-lancer-evo-xi-style/
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: New Evo.... - May 10, 2015 08:04 pm UTC

It looks really concepty, so I am sure if it does come than it won't look exactly like that.

As for the electric part it makes sense, mitsubishi has done very well with there hybrids and their electrics.
Posted By: Jay Stacey

Re: New Evo.... - May 10, 2015 08:40 pm UTC

That looks amazing! If it does come out and for that price range... I may take actually take a loan out and buy one. prolly the first new car I'd actually invest in!

Im really glad the performance hybrids are starting to be popular.. I believe th is where automotive performance is going. I read an interview with head guy for the GTR designing.. The next upgrade for the GtR will be a Hybrid.

If I had money and time... Id mount an electric motor in the driveshaft area of a 2g that would turn the rear wheels along side fwd 4g63 in the front!
Posted By: Lucian Marta

Re: New Evo.... - May 10, 2015 08:45 pm UTC

Looks like an X on drugs

Re: New Evo.... - May 10, 2015 09:30 pm UTC

I don't mind the electric(waiting on hydrogen powered cells, also like the generator ones like Alex has) although not fond at all of battery only or large battery storage due to the toxic issues you'll get when you dispose of the batteries after.

The design of this one, to me at least, looks like the new Corolla front made more aggressive and a back made by an origami major trying to portray the old Evo via their trade. It's really not what I would have expected for a new design.
Posted By: Jay Stacey

Re: New Evo.... - May 10, 2015 09:51 pm UTC

. Im only in this for the speed.. So plug in leafs and prius dont interest me at all.nor do the hydrogen cars.

Im assuming by the artickle that this is gonna be a combined 500hp that can cruise around on just he electric motor like the P1 and the Porcha. Which is cool

Altho the LaFerrari is a hybrid that dosent run on just electric.... The guys at Ferrari said "there not in it to save the enviroment" hahahhaha. Thats awsome!

Re: New Evo.... - May 11, 2015 12:08 am UTC

Yeah for the motor/hybrid this would be an interesting car.
Posted By: Johnny Larmond

Re: New Evo.... - May 11, 2015 12:19 am UTC

bah

Re: New Evo.... - May 11, 2015 12:57 am UTC

Just realized this article is from 13 November, 2014. So chances this is just talk. Don't know how I missed that.
Posted By: Jeremy Gilbert

Re: New Evo.... - May 11, 2015 01:42 am UTC

Originally Posted by Guillaume Berton
Just realized this article is from 13 November, 2014. So chances this is just talk. Don't know how I missed that.

I was gonna say.. if they're releasing it this year, they're running out of time to finish it.

That and the article appears to be written by a 12 year old with little car knowledge. My guess is either hoax, or somebody with 0 information other than a snapshot of a concept.
Posted By: Alex Akachinskiy

Re: New Evo.... - May 11, 2015 02:40 am UTC

Originally Posted by Jeremy Gilbert
My guess is either hoax, or somebody with 0 information other than a snapshot of a concept.

+1.
Even interior is unchanged from Evo X. Exterior is simply pre-rendered 3D models.
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: New Evo.... - May 11, 2015 02:44 am UTC

It looks like the X got busy with a kleenex box and this is what came out.

puke
Posted By: Ghislain Goudreau

Re: New Evo.... - May 12, 2015 02:18 pm UTC

Looks like an X that had a sudden stop after going through a TimeWarp!!!

What is not appealing to me are the sharp lines.

Ghislain
© 2024 Club DSM Canada