Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls.

Posted By: Jeremy Chin

Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 20, 2002 02:27 am UTC

I crashed my car today 10mins after installing my new wheels and summer tires.

Time 2.21pm, Highway 25, 10mins South of Milton

Probably a right off.

Story;

Driving southbound on Highway 25 after getting my new wheels installed at Cheap Thrills. Was a beautiful day and no trafic. Drove at posted speed limit (80kms) to enjoy the feeling of my new tires and wheels (and to get dirt off my tire). Out of the blue, a minivan crosses the road in front of me. Nothing I could do. Didn't even have time to brake. T-boned the minivan at about 70-80kmh. Said minivan now is 2ft narrower. Spun me 180 degrees. Door opens fine and I walked away with nothing. No bruises, no cuts, no stiffness.

I am surprised I wasn't hurt at all (I bet Gods hand was in play somehow). Car looked surprisingly good (for an 80kmh front impact). doors were fine, windshield didn't crack, roof didn't buckle, front suspension looked ok. Car would still be drivable if not for the bumper contacting the front tire. No hissing steam. No leaking fluids. Headlights didn't break! (they were out of place obviously).

The Minivan driver was charged by police for failure to yeild right of way (2 way stop). (I was not at fault)

I always knew my car was good at many things. Regretfully AND thankfully, because of the strong chassis, it has also saved my life. The ultimate sacrifice a car be asked for.

Definately a repeat buyer.

pictures will be coming soon.

ps. anyone selling an AWD galant?
pps. yeah as ricey as seatbelt pads are, they work..i didn't get belt burn.
Posted By: Scharok Nieknam

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 20, 2002 02:34 am UTC

sorry to hear J., glad you are ok
Posted By: Amin Ahmadi

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 20, 2002 02:45 am UTC

Sorry to here that

as a Galant rider I offer my condolences:) smile

I know a galant without engine if you like for repair or parts

AMin
Posted By: David Robins

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 20, 2002 02:50 am UTC

Damn! Good to hear you didn't get hurt, to bad about the car. I guess you are getting a new car sooner than you planned. Give Andrea or I a call if you need a lift.
Posted By: Darko Miodrag

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 20, 2002 03:00 am UTC

frown and smile

Real shame about the car... stupid minivans and SUVs will be the death of us.

Glad you're okay though.
Posted By: Scotty Williams

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 20, 2002 03:07 am UTC

Glad to hear you're ok. Cars can be fixed, people can't.

Scotty smile
Posted By: Darko Miodrag

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 20, 2002 03:19 am UTC

Originally posted by Scotty WIlliams:
Glad to hear you're ok. Cars can be fixed, people can't.

I could've sworn that's what doctors were for. laugh
Posted By: Adam Weinhandl

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 20, 2002 03:37 am UTC

frown
Glad to hear your ok. It is indeed the ultimate sacrifice of a car to take something like that without hurting its passangers. RIP little car - you performed admirably. frown
Posted By: chris esquejo

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 20, 2002 05:20 am UTC

wow, better the car than you!

glad the hear that you're safe.

you can buy mine then i can finally get my talon naughty smile
Posted By: Erick Ocampo

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 20, 2002 06:15 am UTC

Just like they've already said, glad to hear you're okay. An angel is probably watching over you. I also cry for your car.

What type of rims did you get anyways?

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 20, 2002 12:09 pm UTC

TSW stealths.

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 20, 2002 02:28 pm UTC

don't suppose you're looking to get rid of them?
Posted By: Rafal Kraskiewicz

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 20, 2002 03:58 pm UTC

Wow.. eek Glad you're ok.

Hope your insurance has rental coverage.

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 20, 2002 04:27 pm UTC

Stupid insurance companies always try to screw u over.

I found out that my insurance does not provide rental coverage. Kindda sucks now.

I have to wait till monday (at least) for the my insurance company to comfirm the accident with the Police (to confirm i'm not at fault) and to contact the offending party's insurance company b4 they will authorize a rental for me.

Chris, I will have to confrim with my adjuster to see if I can get those wheels off my car. If you want, I mihgt let them go for 500 plus tires (tires have 15K on them, one of them is brand new) 205/55/15 on 15" TSW Stealth. Sell me your car..hehe
Posted By: Amin Ahmadi

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 20, 2002 05:27 pm UTC

Tell them you had the AC and the ECS working

It's good you are fine, that's all matter. It's abit hard to replace a damaged organ:) smile
DOn't deny any harm though, they always like to screw you over when it's time to pay back and having some sort of physical harm puts the insurance agent in rush to reach settlement for the car before you ask for any other compensation.

I am just curious did you have Sun roof or ABS?

Amin

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 20, 2002 07:35 pm UTC

how much do you think i can get for it anyway?

i added tint all around and a cat back exhaust with a magnaflow muff...mmmmm...muff tongue
Posted By: Joe Esmama

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 20, 2002 07:53 pm UTC

Glad your okay man tu . You still shaken up tho? Hope everything works out with your insurance dude.
Posted By: Arsen Grits

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 21, 2002 05:43 am UTC

I hope that I don't crash my 'galant' when i get it in a month or two.....keeping fingers crossed..

ps: how many peeps here own turbo+awd VR|4/2000GTX's?
Posted By: Waldo Calderon

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 21, 2002 06:03 am UTC

Holy Smokes. I can't believe I missed this post eek . Glad you are alright Jeremy. Go get checked by a doctor anyways. Sometimes stiffness may not set in for a day or two.

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 22, 2002 04:41 am UTC

I know Solomon Lee has or had a 2000 GTX hybrid. But i think he already sold it frown .
Posted By: Edwin Lau

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 22, 2002 03:35 pm UTC

Glad you are ok, you might feel it a day or two later
Posted By: ERIC COSTALES

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 25, 2002 01:22 am UTC

Awww man, sorry to hear that. Any plans on getting the same one, or wait for mitsu to come in next year, or maybe get a Talon??? At least you're ok jer...

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 25, 2002 01:41 am UTC

Originally posted by Joe Esmama:
I know Solomon Lee has or had a 2000 GTX hybrid. But i think he already sold it frown .
Ya Joe, I'm the one who bought it.
Posted By: Sean Dean

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 25, 2002 07:16 pm UTC

I have a GVR4 smile

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 25, 2002 08:05 pm UTC

hey sean...how much u selling her? LOL

i have a 92 Talon TSI in my sights now

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 26, 2002 02:11 am UTC

are you sure you can handle the BOOST Jeremy??
Can you handdle the POWAH!?

Did you happen to salvage anything from you Galant?? Rims? That sweet banner you made?

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 26, 2002 03:17 am UTC

hey, i want those rims laugh

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 26, 2002 04:35 am UTC

Ya Joe, I'm the one who bought it.
Sweeeet man! cry laugh

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 26, 2002 07:28 pm UTC

Chris ..i emailed you but u didn't reply me

If i go the Galant route, I might keep the rims/tires ..currently looking for a cheap AWD galant with no engine.

i still ahve yet to hear from my adjuster on what my options are on the buyback

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 27, 2002 02:09 am UTC

No engine? You're going to get an AWD and stick that weak NT engine from ur 89 in there? Or are you going to get a JDM Cyclone?

ps: no mods tills the summer smile money money money naughty

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 28, 2002 04:40 pm UTC

i didn't get an email...

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 29, 2002 01:08 am UTC

Chris..i emailed you TWICE.

did you changed you email addy?

regardless, send me an email to jeremy.chin@fifthera.com

BTW. I will be getting a 91 Talon TSI AWD. Got a decent deal but it needs work.

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 29, 2002 02:03 am UTC

well if the rims don't fit, are you gonna consider parting with them?

do you have anything else saved from your car?

Re: Another one bites the dust, A moment of silence pls. - April 30, 2002 09:21 pm UTC

ya, I'd be interested int he rims as well

send pics to moss69_1@hotmail.com
© 2024 Club DSM Canada