3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga

Posted By: Andrew Bienhaus

3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 19, 2007 06:29 pm UTC

The 3rd Annual Peckerhead (DSM Canada) Shootout is ON!

When: Friday, September 28th, 2007
Time: 10am – 4pm (track opens at 9:30am)
Place: Toronto Motorsports Park (Cayuga Dragway) 1040 Kohler Road, Cayuga, Ontario
Event: The Official DSM Canada “Peckerhead” Shootout. (sponsored by Peckerhead Racing)
Cost: $90 per car, spectators arriving with a racing car are free.

Cost includes track rental, safety folks, ambulance, and track prep & spray on the first 60ft of track. (launch area)
The spray guaranteee and prep, is new this year.

The track is OURS for the day. Only those booked will be allowed in, so you'll get as many runs as you like.

The format will consist of Club DSM Canada members and approved guests. We welcome you inviting your V-8 buddies, or honda friends, so they can lay down a patch of rubber for us, and then watch as we cross the line ahead of them. smile
But they need to BOOK and PAY. (the gate will have a list)
Anyone can come out, as long as they pass tech, and aren’t a complete douchebag. wink

To repeat; the track is ours for the day.
We are not sharing it, nor are we renting out the lanes. It is exclusively for Club DSM Canada only. This means you can bring your shitbox out, and only embarrass yourself in front of the guys who will only ridicule you on the internet until the end of time. laugh

Or, beat PPG's polishing compound box on wheels, and then ridicule him until the end of time... I know that's Steve's plan.

Many good folks are already signed up and going, and I know they will personally help anyone who is there for the test and tune with tuning SAFCs, MAF-Ts or DSMLinks. Everyone will be there to help out and we are all nice enough folks, so bring out your DSMs and get some proper seat and tuning time.
Why post a question on the board when you can ask someone in person, and then MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Just for fun, we will run a couple of specific classes/races, just for bragging rights. (you can try and claim a prize from Peckerhead later)

Class #1 – DSM Wrong Wheel Drive
• Heads up class.
• Pro Tree.
• Any front wheel driven 1990-1999 Talon, Eclipse, Laser or Galant
• Full interior required (front seats forward only).
• On your windshield, WWD will be written, followed by your tech number.

Class #2 – DSM Stock Appearing
• Heads up class.
• Pro Tree.
• 1990-1999 Talon, Eclipse, Laser or Galant VR4
• Full interior required. Full exhaust required.
• Tastefully hidden nitrous OK.
• No slicks. Period.
• Turbo must remain stock appearing except for the 2g DSM which can upgrade to the TD05H appearing turbos.
• If it looks factory, we’ll pass it.
• On your windshield, DSA will be written, followed by your tech number.

Class #3 – DSM Canada Eliminator
• Heads up class.
• Pro Tree.
• Any 1990-1999 Talon, Eclipse, Laser or Galant VR4
• Anything goes.
• On your windshield, DSA will be written, followed by your tech number.

The schedule for the day (open to change):

9:30am: Track Open.
10am – 4pm: Test & Tune.
1:00: Lunch break. BBQ sausage/burgers/pop for racers. (hopefully someone will offer to arrange or bring a little BBQ and handle this?)
1:45: Eliminations Round #1
2:15: Eliminations Round #2
2:45: Eliminations Round #3
3:15: Eliminations Round #4 (if needed, likely not needed)

Between races, everyone else can just keep test'n'tuning... the times are just so we at least try and make sure we get done before 4.

At 4pm, the drag strip will close, but you are welcome to stay on the grounds until the "Fast and the Furious" regular Cayuga Friday Night event starts at 7pm.
Anyone from our group, also gets a $10 discount off the normal $20 price for that Friday night event, if they stick around.

Some years, we've gone back to my place in Binbrook, for a BBQ afterwards, and that may also happen again. smile
(as long as you behave!)

------
Want to go?

Interac Email Money Transfer me the $90, ASAP.
Send to: webmaster@ca.dsm.org
Please also include with that, your name, contact number (cell if you'll have that with you on the 28th), Car Year, Make, Model, Colour, and Lic Plate#.
PayPal is also acceptable if you don't do internet banking. (everyone who does internet banking should be able to email me the money)
But I would prefer email money, because PayPal takes a % off on this end when I recieve it, and that costs me $$$.

What happens if it's cancelled?

Last year, it snowed.
Yes, snowed.

Everyone got their money back.
Period.
No Bullshit.
Those not on hand, were mailed a cheque. smile

-----------

It promises to be an excellent day!
We'll see you there!

Andrew
Posted By: Rob Greer

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 19, 2007 07:24 pm UTC

I'm installing my Carbon Fiber hood especially for this event. Compliments welcome at the track.
Sadly, my new engine will not be ready so I'll be cranking up the boost on the 16g.

Money sent.
Posted By: Reza Mirza

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 19, 2007 07:32 pm UTC

I'm in, will e-mail you the money shortly Andrew. Hmmm, wondering if I should try for class # 3 with the 16g.
Posted By: Mark PPG Scheitzbach

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 19, 2007 08:52 pm UTC

I'm out...crankwalked the brand new engine. Someone else come and kick Steve's ass!
Posted By: Tim Grechin

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 19, 2007 08:54 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Mark PPG Scheitzbach
I'm out...crankwalked the brand new engine. Someone else come and kick Steve's ass!

Consider it done.

- Mr. King
Posted By: Ghislain Goudreau

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 19, 2007 09:46 pm UTC

Mmmm, interesting.

I'll put this date on the calandar. Will only know if I can attend at the last minute.

Will have ca$h on hand and will do my best to kick some Peckerhead a$$ for you if I get to show up.

Ghislain.
Posted By: Chris Holmes

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 20, 2007 12:03 am UTC

I'll be there to get shown up smile I'll be baselining a pretty much stock Magnum R/T -complete with two baby seats in back.....
Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 20, 2007 01:45 am UTC

I am truly sad that I am going to miss this...look forward to hearing all about it when I get back ..
Posted By: Steve Kinnaird

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 20, 2007 11:51 am UTC

"Consider it done. "

I've heard that before.

If I have to take you down, instead of PPG.. so be it.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 20, 2007 03:27 pm UTC

No worries Mark, you can operate the starting lanes and the timeslip printer. smile
Posted By: Ryan Laliberte

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 20, 2007 04:48 pm UTC

Or be like Rich Christianson from Pinks and arm drop them. laugh
Posted By: KEVIN KIRELUK

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 21, 2007 02:54 pm UTC

Andy, my $ will be sent later today!

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 21, 2007 03:00 pm UTC

I'll send my money the second my car has a center diff. Anyone have one? smile

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 21, 2007 05:06 pm UTC

Who's in so far?

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 21, 2007 08:20 pm UTC

Me.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 21, 2007 09:47 pm UTC

I will... granted I get a center diff.
Posted By: James DeCunha

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 21, 2007 10:53 pm UTC

My money is sent, whether I can make it or not

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 22, 2007 03:42 am UTC

I'm paid up.
Posted By: Joe Esmama

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 22, 2007 05:52 am UTC

Geez... already??

Forgot to locktite something? laugh

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 22, 2007 01:16 pm UTC

I'm still finding absolutely no humour in having to tear it all down again...and no it technically wasn't MY fault, but it is MY problem.

I will be there to watch though. Might try and pry the Magnum away from my wife for the day, cause I think the mini would be just plain stupid to bring smile
Posted By: Luke Sturgeon

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 22, 2007 09:42 pm UTC

Damn I am going to see if I can come I hope I am able to send the money Thurs smile

I know last minute but if thats cool I can probably work something out with the GF and work for this event. I havn't been to the track at all this year and with a limited amount of spectators would be nice when I screw up LOL

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 24, 2007 12:16 am UTC

Anyone from Mississauga-ish area want to caravan down?

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 24, 2007 11:54 am UTC

If you bring the mini, I'll give you a 1/8th head start. tongue

OK, we realize it's short notice, but it WOULD be nice if we got some more people out to this. So far we have 12. Last year we managed to get 24 people together. Are there REALLY that few of us with running cars?

$90 DOES seem expensive compared to a regular T&T. Once you go to a day where the track is yours, and there's a total of 30 people or less though, you'll realize WHY we do it.

It REALLY is that much better.

Also, if your car isn't running WELL, this is the perfect time to figure out what's wrong. There will be a lot of knowledgeable people there, and a dragstrip to test things out on right beside you. Get it fixed, AND run a personal best. wink
Posted By: Mike Jackson

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 24, 2007 01:06 pm UTC

Looking good for me. Let's see if I can finally get an 11 on pump.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 24, 2007 01:23 pm UTC

James, we can hook up somewhere enroute if you like? I prefer to take the 407 out that way though smile

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 24, 2007 02:33 pm UTC

That could work, although I'll be coming from Trafalger and Dundas. So I'm not quite sure where you'd want to meet.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 24, 2007 03:13 pm UTC

James, I'm at Walkers and Dundas. Do you want to meet somewhere? I'm planning on leaving at 8-8:30am.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 24, 2007 03:31 pm UTC

While we're talking about meeting places: Are we going to all gather at the Tim Horton's at Hwy 20/Mud street again?
Posted By: Joe Esmama

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 25, 2007 04:22 am UTC

I'm still finding absolutely no humour in having to tear it all down again...and no it technically wasn't MY fault, but it is MY problem.

I will be there to watch though. Might try and pry the Magnum away from my wife for the day, cause I think the mini would be just plain stupid to bring smile

Hey, if you need another set of hands im just a few blocks away.

Im still trying to get into this T&T since my car is running rich and all the overlords, err i mean the veterans are gonna be there grin .

But im trying to switch my CPR training that day so...

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 25, 2007 04:26 am UTC

My quote from last year's Peckerhead S/O

"They're not old, they just have much wisdom to share"
Posted By: Dominik Price-Koczorowski

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 25, 2007 07:44 am UTC

Would I be able to come with the colt? I just want to test and tune...don't feel like embarrassing myself against everyone else.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 25, 2007 10:59 am UTC

Sure would... just get in touch with Andy.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 25, 2007 01:50 pm UTC

By all means.... everyone is welcome. smile

No dickheads though... this is a Peckerhead shootout. tongue

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 25, 2007 03:29 pm UTC

Rob, that sounds good.
Theres a big plaza right by your house right?
Maybe Mark could meet us there too since its right by the 407.

I also like the idea of meeting up at that Tims on Mud street.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 25, 2007 03:39 pm UTC

I'm not meeting anyone cause I'm 99% sure I'll sleep in. I know in advance. On another note, how you guys want to organize the food and sh!t. I usually get hungry at the track real fast.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 25, 2007 04:38 pm UTC

Someone mentioned bringing a BBQ. I can't bring a BBQ, but I will bring a pack of burgers/buns to throw into the "pot".

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 25, 2007 05:03 pm UTC

James,
I just remembered that I'll be dropping off my daughter at daycare so I'll probably end up being right around 8:30 (maybe 8:40) when I can meet you guys. It is about 45 minutes to the track from my place.

There is a plaza at Dundas and Walkers Line with a Tim Hortons. It's quite near the 407 & Dundas. If that's good with you, we can meet there.

We can then make a stop at the Mud St. Tim Hortons.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 25, 2007 05:41 pm UTC

Has anyone heard from that guy in the lambo orange talon?

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 25, 2007 06:00 pm UTC

You mean Todd? Yes, I have.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 25, 2007 06:19 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Steve Kinnaird
You mean Todd? Yes, I have.

Is he coming or what?

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 25, 2007 06:29 pm UTC

90% sure.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 25, 2007 06:39 pm UTC

Steve, remember to target his AFR to 10:1 and keep his timing around 15*, we don't him to be too fast tongue

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 25, 2007 08:20 pm UTC

Money sent! Let's do this.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 25, 2007 08:33 pm UTC

We might not have the biggest turn out ever but most of these cars should booooogie.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 25, 2007 08:36 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Tim Grech
We might not have the biggest turn out ever but most of these cars should booooogie.

That's what I'm sayin, there should more than a handful of some fast DSM's and experienced DSMers.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 25, 2007 08:38 pm UTC

All I REALLY need is 2 11.815s @ Who cares.

I manage to do that, and it's going to be a LONNNNGGGGG night for PPG.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 25, 2007 08:45 pm UTC

What are your mods, Steve?

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 25, 2007 08:46 pm UTC

Let the trash talking begin naughty

Kevin and I will most likely meet up and head straight to the track.
Posted By: Rob Strelecki

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 25, 2007 08:55 pm UTC

Would that be some sort of irony? PPG getting beat by his old, handed down turbo?
smile

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 25, 2007 09:34 pm UTC

All the usual stuff, with a BR 20G and water/meth injection.

Currently at 24psi, working on more.

My best to date is a 12.27 with an E3 16G at 21 psi on straight pump. I think it's doable.. only question is, can I do it Friday?
Posted By: toddmeunier

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 26, 2007 01:38 am UTC

Originally Posted by Rob Strelecki

Would that be some sort of irony? PPG getting beat by his old, handed down turbo?
smile

sh!t Steve, all this time I thought it was you driving PPG's car into the 11's.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 26, 2007 10:58 am UTC

BAH! I don't care if yourun faster than I did...I'd actually be happy to see you run something good.

I'm gonna drown my sorrows in my new crankwalk drink on Friday night tongue then you can say what you want.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 26, 2007 01:02 pm UTC

It is only crankwalk Mark. You can still race it. Just dont expect to be able to shift very well.
Posted By: Brad LaFlamme

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 26, 2007 05:20 pm UTC

Hi,

I'm new to this board and have been invited to race with you guys in the Peckerhead Shootout by Mike Jackson. I may not have a DSM but I like the looks and performance of the cars.I look forward to meeting you guys and having some fun at the track!

Oh btw does anyone have a tow rope I can use with my ATV at the track just in case someone needs it?

See you guys at the track.

Brad

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 26, 2007 05:22 pm UTC

Okay Brad LaFlamme is in (Michael Certain and I invited him and his camero). Andy I just sent you payment for him.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 26, 2007 06:18 pm UTC

How many people have paid up now?

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 26, 2007 07:09 pm UTC

Paid!

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 26, 2007 07:31 pm UTC

Paid.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 26, 2007 08:06 pm UTC

1. Kevin Kireluk - Paid
2. Tim Grech - Paid
3. Reza Mirza - Paid
4. Mike Jackson - Paid
5. Rob Greer - Paid
6. Brad LaFlamme - Paid

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 26, 2007 08:15 pm UTC

Tim GRENCH?

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 26, 2007 08:19 pm UTC

7. Peckerhead - paid.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 26, 2007 08:22 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Tim Grech
Tim GRENCH?

What chu talkin' bout Willis? shuffle

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 26, 2007 08:26 pm UTC

1. Kevin Kireluk - Paid
2. Tim Grech - Paid
3. Reza Mirza - Paid
4. Mike Jackson - Paid
5. Rob Greer - Paid
6. Brad LaFlamme - Paid
7. Peckerhead - Paid
8. James DeCunha - Paid

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 26, 2007 08:37 pm UTC

I pretty sure Michael Certain has paid as well... and I would assume Andy has.

1. Kevin Kireluk - Paid
2. Tim Grech - Paid
3. Reza Mirza - Paid
4. Mike Jackson - Paid
5. Rob Greer - Paid
6. Brad LaFlamme - Paid
7. Peckerhead - Paid
8. James DeCunha - Paid
9. Michael Certain - Paid
10. Beenie - Paid

Chris Holmes, Ghiz, Tim Hunt's WWD friend, Ryan, Joe, Luke, Dominik, Rob "lay down the black smoke" Strelecki, Todd?

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 26, 2007 09:00 pm UTC

Sorry guys, you'll have to breathe less carbon this time. Priorities shifted since I bought a house, and the DSM is now a time-bomb more than ever bomb
There's some maintenance to do before I can even get into tuning some consistant low 13s lol

Oh well, 'till next year. Take some video!!!

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 26, 2007 09:06 pm UTC

^^^ I'm going up with a couple of friends, and we have plans for 2 cameras, 1 at the tree, and the other half-track.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 26, 2007 09:18 pm UTC

I was there last year, but can't make it this year. Moving to New Brunswick Sunday morning at 6AM and packing the truck on Saturday.

BUT I GET TO KEEP MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 26, 2007 09:22 pm UTC

So, you've told us why you can't be there on Saturday, or sunday.. No reason for FRIDAY yet, though. wink

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 26, 2007 10:33 pm UTC

Mike listed "2 friends"... but I'm not sure if we have those yet.
No payments...

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 26, 2007 10:35 pm UTC

Not to split this into too many topics.. but.. There is a bunch of us meeting at the Tim Horton's at Hwy 20 and Mud st. in Stoney creek/hamilton.

We're meeting there at 8:45, and departing for the track at 9am.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 27, 2007 12:52 am UTC

Here's who is paid so far:

Andrew Bienhaus
Steve Kinnaird
Tim Grech
Michael Certain
Chris Holmes
Rob Greer
Mike Jackson
James DeCunha
Reza Mirza
Kevin Kireluk
Brad LaFlamme
Kevin Beamish
Colin Shainline
Paul Petricca (cheque just arrived)

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 27, 2007 12:43 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Andrew Bienhaus
Mike listed "2 friends"... but I'm not sure if we have those yet.
No payments...

Mike's two friends are:

Brad LaFlamme - Paid
Wen Chan - likely can't make it now

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 27, 2007 04:19 pm UTC

We just added Todd!

Andrew Bienhaus
Steve Kinnaird
Tim Grech
Michael Certain
Chris Holmes
Rob Greer
Mike Jackson
James DeCunha
Reza Mirza
Kevin Kireluk
Brad LaFlamme
Kevin Beamish
Colin Shainline
Paul Petricca
Todd Meunier

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 27, 2007 05:09 pm UTC

Nice! There's going to be some fast cars there tomorrow cool.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 27, 2007 05:16 pm UTC

As well as some slow ones.. Remember Andy, and Chris are coming too.

BAHAHAHHAHAHA!! One more sleep!

Posted By: Nigel Smith

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 27, 2007 06:16 pm UTC

I'm assuming as a spectator I can just show up around 10-11AM and come in without hassle?

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 27, 2007 06:22 pm UTC

I'm going down to Helder's tonight and I'll grab his payment from him and transfer over the funds. He told me he's going with or without a trailer!

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 27, 2007 06:27 pm UTC

My brother still might come.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 27, 2007 07:18 pm UTC

Do any of you guys run 40mm Tial wastegates? I can't get any more boost out of my set-up and need a stiffer spring. If anyone has any spare WG springs could you please bring them with you to the track? 28-29psi just ain't cutting it, I need more demon

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 28, 2007 12:09 am UTC

I'm not liking this 40% chance of rain nonsense
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caon0128/

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 28, 2007 01:01 am UTC

Can anyone else not sit still?

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 28, 2007 01:10 am UTC

I feel like it's Xmas eve. ;-)

Last year, when we got snowed out, we went indoor karting instead. It WAS a blast, but I hope this doesn't turn into the "2nd annual Peckerhead Go-Kart race". (ESPECIALLY if Jackson's brother shows up! ;))

FWIW: it's a nice night with clear skies out here right now..

How many of us are meeting at Hwy 20/Mud tomorrow morning?

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 28, 2007 01:45 am UTC

Horseshit weather forecast. Basically it's saying, "Ya, it's supposed to rain and only from 9am until 5pm."
Posted By: Eric Lang

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 28, 2007 02:23 am UTC

I wouldn`t sweat it, only 40% chance of less than 1 mm of rain. On the goodside, high of only 19c!
Posted By: Michael Certain

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 28, 2007 03:23 am UTC

Brad's bringing a small (4-burger) grill.
Just a heads up on that issue.

As for the weather, it sucks.

As for not sitting still....
I can hardly sleep.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 28, 2007 05:49 am UTC

Now, less than a 10% chance of go-karts! tu

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 28, 2007 10:07 am UTC

Yup, It's 6am.
"Variable Cloudiness".

So we get cool weather and no rain.
Can't complain about that smile

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 28, 2007 11:01 am UTC

oh yeah, no worries... we're down to a % chance of trace rain.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 28, 2007 11:01 am UTC

and 16 cars, in theory... any more? send em along.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 28, 2007 08:18 pm UTC

So here's a scene from the track earlier today...

[Linked Image]

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 28, 2007 09:55 pm UTC

I had fun. Didn't turn out the way I thought...
But it was still a blast to see everyone.

That being said, I'm pretty sure I ran 9's.
What. PROVE I DIDN'T. laugh
Posted By: David Robins

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 28, 2007 11:22 pm UTC

[Linked Image]

I didnt know the Village People were going to be performing the YMCA at the Shootout!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Tashko Sarakinov

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 29, 2007 04:18 am UTC

Well, I couldn't make it to the shootout due to work but did make it down to Cayuga around 9pm for the test 'n tune. Unfortunately, lighting zapped their computer so there wasn't any timing. It was basically a Pinks kind of night without loosing your car!
Was the timing working for the shootout? What kind of times were people running, if it was working?

Anyway, this was my first time trying drag racing. It was pretty good and more interesting than I thought it would be. I only wish I could've gotten times.

According to my pocket logger I ran between 13.2 and 13.7. My speedo was around 158-162km/h at the 1/4 but who knows what it was in reality! Anybody know what 5718rpm in 4th gear for 1g AWD is speed-wise? (I think it works out to 103mph based on my wheel revs/mile)
Don't know if those numbers make any sense.

Not to hi-jack the thread, it's sort-of on topic.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 29, 2007 11:13 am UTC

You're looking at ~100 mph (158 = 98, 162=100). Assuming your 60' launches were pretty hard, you'd be in the 13's. But if you didn't, if the launches and shifts weren't great, you're probably 14.2, around there.

There were no times (hence my mocking comment that no one could prove I didn't run 9's). Even the lights took a while to get working.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 29, 2007 12:42 pm UTC

Once again Cauyga leaves me utterly frustrated and disappointed. They ruined what otherwise would have been an awesome day. I hate Cayuga.

Good to see a few pinks style races though. Sorry I didn't want to participate, I didn't want to put my clutch and diff on the line unless I was trying to get that elusive 11 sec time slip.
Posted By: Mark Magnoli

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Cayuga - September 30, 2007 04:51 pm UTC

Daren and I both got screwed yesterday when hitting Cayuga (along with a lot of other test and tune guys). We ended up leaving and driving to St. Thomas.

What really pisses me off is that they never posted anything on their webpage (yesterday early morning). I just checked and there’s now a notice yellow - a little too late. Did the track at least contact the organizers of the Peakerhead shootout and inform them about the timing issue or was it a complete surprise when everyone showed up?? I really hope they let you use the track for free???

The key to making a successful dragpark is being able to deal with situations like this (same with any successful company). Without a fully operating timing system, the track really turns into just two lanes in a farmer's field. I don’t think a lot of us really want to beat on our cars without getting a time slip?? One would think that they would have at least a back up system that could be easily swapped in incase of emergences like this. Heck, if this happened during one of their major events (IHRA), they would be laughed at. Very unprofessional if you ask me

Just my two cents …lol
Posted By: Brandon Clement

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 30, 2007 05:07 pm UTC

[Linked Image]

looks like the guy from that show Pinks

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 30, 2007 06:42 pm UTC

.. because it is.

I believe they DISCOVERED the timing system problem when they were trying to get it working for us on Friday.

As far as getting to use the track for free.. I believe that will be determined on Monday.
Posted By: Tim Hunt

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - September 30, 2007 11:18 pm UTC

They DISCOVERED the timing issue when they DISCOVERED we were coming, sure the contracts were there, EMS showed up, but nobody informed the actual track workers know there was an event.

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - October 03, 2007 08:45 pm UTC

Timing system blew up, sometime between the last Sunday T&T and when we arrived. Probably electrical surge.
But given the age of the system I saw in there, they won't get much sympathy from me. wink

Anyhow, full refund it is.

I can mail cheques to you, or email transfer it back, please email me privately, and let me know how you want it sent back.

Some of you paid for buddies, so do let me kow if you want their money back, or if they have already paid you, and I owe them. smile

webmaster@ca.dsm.org

if you're ok with me mailing you a cheque, please provide mailing address.

Thanks,
Andrew

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - October 05, 2007 04:28 pm UTC

Everyone should be paid back now, 100%.

If you haven't received your refund, please email me.

Paul - yours is in the mail.
Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Re: 3rd Annual Peckerhead Shootout - Sept. 28 - Ca - October 06, 2007 11:44 am UTC

Really sorry to hear this did not go as planned. On the other hand, now I don't feel quite so bad having missed it. Glad everyone got a refund though, and there was basically a happy ending.

I wonder if this event shouldn't be planned for SPRING rather than FALL, so there can be a "rain date" without running out of season. Also, it would give everyone an incentive to get their cars ready in the spring if they have stored them for the winter.

If something IS organized for the spring, I wouldn't mind contributing pop and potato salad again...
© 2024 Club DSM Canada