First Meet

Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

First Meet - April 01, 2015 11:13 pm UTC

Hey all, wanted to get an idea of when you kids would be ready for a meet. As soon as I get an idea of who will be ready and when is a good time I will setup all the details of the meet.
Posted By: Guillaume Berton

Re: First Meet - April 02, 2015 01:12 am UTC

I want a meet where the Brampton Batman shows up with his batmobile tongue
Posted By: Jeremy Gilbert

Re: First Meet - April 02, 2015 01:12 am UTC

Probably April 18th or later for me, but I have a massive amount of schoolwork between me and my car so I would hope that's not typical of most..
Posted By: Stephan Tanchak

Re: First Meet - April 02, 2015 04:00 am UTC

Let it be on a Sunday for minimal traffic smile.

Unless we are busy and depending how far, I'll come down with my brother in his 1G.

Re: First Meet - April 02, 2015 04:18 am UTC

I'd prefer a Sunday as well. It's my only day off smile
Posted By: Nick Gallo

Re: First Meet - April 02, 2015 07:42 am UTC

I'd be down for a Sunday too.

Re: First Meet - April 02, 2015 01:16 pm UTC

Ok Sunday I can do and after the 18th
Posted By: Mike Lane

Re: First Meet - April 02, 2015 08:38 pm UTC

All these things sound like good excuses to coax Rob to take me out in the turbo FRS. After the copious school work and things end.

Re: First Meet - April 02, 2015 09:02 pm UTC

That's new right, it wasn't turboed when we went on the cruise. I would be pumped to see that!!
Posted By: Brian O'Day

Re: First Meet - April 02, 2015 10:20 pm UTC

I hope to get my car to a "better state" so I can come. The last meet I was at was the dsm invasion with Rob C., we came in his 1G...that was a long time ago.lol
Posted By: Jonathan Paquin

Re: First Meet - April 03, 2015 12:26 am UTC

sunday afternoon wouldnt be so bad. just depends on the location for me.
Posted By: Kyle Dolson

Re: First Meet - April 03, 2015 01:13 am UTC

My whip won't be out of the garage til may 1, I got a trip to attent to then a weekend of buckling down to finish up some work.
Posted By: Henri Masse

Re: First Meet - April 03, 2015 03:55 am UTC

Im about a week out until im done my new spyder. So ill be good for anytime after the 18th & on a sunday.

Re: First Meet - April 04, 2015 02:46 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Bryan Lawrence
That's new right, it wasn't turboed when we went on the cruise. I would be pumped to see that!!

Bit the bullet last summer ! its mucho bettta now smile something like 8psi tuned on a wastegate spring due to a boost controller malfunction during the dyno runs. Running water meth, and 276 RWHP. Room for improvement, already snapped and upgraded the rear axles. Just got it back on the road in time now with DSS 600 HP axles. they actually sent the wrong ones so one half is rated 1000HP LOL.

Re: First Meet - April 04, 2015 02:47 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Henri Masse
Im about a week out until im done my new spyder. So ill be good for anytime after the 18th & on a sunday.

Good work! hope we all make it out!

Re: First Meet - April 04, 2015 04:30 pm UTC

sh!t that's wicked! Look forward to seeing that? Any details on the turbo package, curious to see what that upgrade would cost.

Re: First Meet - April 05, 2015 11:17 pm UTC

Look forward to seeing that?

Heh? was that a question? me and Rob Gripper hang out all the time.
Any details on the turbo package, curious to see what that upgrade would cost.

He says over 5 gs nice turbo, wastegate, mani, fuel/sensors, ect forget the deets. manifold apparently was in the stupid expensive range as would be the turbo. garett BB GT3071r. turbosmart BOV, and external waste gate

Re: First Meet - April 06, 2015 01:52 am UTC

Haha wrong thing, supposed to be a !

Cool, good to know! Thanks Mike!
Posted By: Derek Vincent

Re: First Meet - April 07, 2015 12:33 am UTC

You guys can always meet early in Brampton and roll in Schomberg on the Sunday the 26th for the cars and coffee... wink

D.

Re: First Meet - April 19, 2015 12:29 am UTC

Boys can we get some input on Derek's suggestion, I wouldn't mind making that happen if a few others are down.
Posted By: Manny Sandhu

Re: First Meet - April 19, 2015 06:20 pm UTC

Im game for dereks recomendation would be a nice cruise

Re: First Meet - April 19, 2015 09:10 pm UTC

I am definitely down if I can go with the Talon. If I can't go with the Talon, I will be preoccupied trying to find out why it won't run smile

Re: First Meet - April 19, 2015 09:43 pm UTC

I m off and in town until may 1st smile I ll mention the idea to Rob Gripper tonight

Re: First Meet - April 20, 2015 02:39 am UTC

If Manny is cool with it he is the ones that lives closest to our destination so maybe we can meet and go from there, Manny let me know if I am over stepping I and I will find another place for us to meet.

Re: First Meet - April 20, 2015 01:29 pm UTC

no not at all bryan depending on the number of people wanting to meet before we depart we can meet in my driveway (under 15 cars) and if more theirs a golf course directly across the street

let me know people

Re: First Meet - April 20, 2015 01:44 pm UTC

I think you have been here long enough to know we won't have more than 15 cars tongue

Re: First Meet - April 20, 2015 01:51 pm UTC

hahah should I put on coffee for two then? tongue

Re: First Meet - April 20, 2015 02:09 pm UTC

Haha yeah that sounds about right

Re: First Meet - April 20, 2015 04:23 pm UTC

Next sunday? I d have to see how far that is and doesnt look like much of a turnout yet ? whos in? lol

Re: First Meet - April 20, 2015 04:32 pm UTC

1. Manny Sandhu

Also remember mike this isn't a forum organized event from Rally Sputniks facebook page

"RallySputnik in conjunction with the Grackle Coffee Company and the Maple Leaf Rally Club are presenting a Cars & Coffee."

Re: First Meet - April 20, 2015 05:07 pm UTC

Right but Rally Sputnik is a rally team racing a DSM, so it's kind of is smile

1. Manny Sandhu
2. Bryan Lawrence

Re: First Meet - April 20, 2015 06:12 pm UTC

Just wanted to clear up that members from this board confirming aren't going to be the ONLY people there
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: First Meet - April 20, 2015 09:37 pm UTC

No meat. No meet!

Re: First Meet - April 21, 2015 06:14 pm UTC

Alright so our starting place is Manny's place.
Manny can you post the address, either here or in bovis fimus if you want it to be secret.

What time does everyone want to be there at, I think ten should be fine so maybe we can leave Manny's place shortly after 9

Re: First Meet - April 21, 2015 07:07 pm UTC

That would be fine by me, if I'm able to make it.

Re: First Meet - April 21, 2015 07:30 pm UTC

I'm out, car is up in Kitchener being worked on.

Re: First Meet - April 22, 2015 02:22 am UTC

Originally Posted by Guillaume Berton

And so again this mythical red 2g escapes you eyes of club dsm again tongue

Re: First Meet - April 22, 2015 02:26 am UTC

That one is still being worked on right now. 1g is up in Kitchener getting adjusted. Transmission just didn't seem to be engaging properly (me thinks cable adjustment or possibly pivot ball/fork issue)

Re: First Meet - April 22, 2015 12:28 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Manny Sandhu
Originally Posted by Guillaume Berton

And so again this mythical red 2g escapes you eyes of club dsm again tongue

+1.

smile

Re: First Meet - April 22, 2015 01:30 pm UTC

I still have yet to see your silver bullet too Mike so don't think your not in that boat wink mind you I barely made it to one meet last year

Re: First Meet - April 22, 2015 10:39 pm UTC

I live 4 hours away.

And the one meet I did attend I showed up 3 hours late. Plenty of pissed off members no doubt.

We'll try again soon I'm sure.
Posted By: Salomon Ponte

Re: First Meet - April 22, 2015 11:00 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Eng
I live 4 hours away.

And the one meet I did attend I showed up 3 hours late. Plenty of pissed off members no doubt.

We'll try again soon I'm sure.

I live 4 hours away and I've always got a DSM onhand...just need to daily drive one and no one can bug you anymore! smile

Re: First Meet - April 22, 2015 11:22 pm UTC

bird

Why don't all you guys come up here for a change?

Re: First Meet - April 22, 2015 11:53 pm UTC

Mike we are coming to Perth next weekend to race with the car. We can have a mini meet wink

Re: First Meet - April 23, 2015 01:27 am UTC

Really?

That's about 20 mins away from me.

I'll see how far I get this weekend with my car, might actually be able to drive it if I can just find the time to finish it.

Re: First Meet - April 23, 2015 01:52 am UTC

Our first race of the season out in Lanark... www.lhfr.ca
Posted By: Robert Dike

Re: First Meet - April 23, 2015 01:57 am UTC

Hey, so the plan is to meet at Manny's and drive up to Schomberg from there? What time?

My Laser winter beater is off to the wreckers next week so one more road trip would be nice.

Re: First Meet - April 23, 2015 02:50 am UTC

Originally Posted by Robert Dike
Hey, so the plan is to meet at Manny's and drive up to Schomberg from there? What time?

My Laser winter beater is off to the wreckers next week so one more road trip would be nice.

Really? Why's she getting the boot? I remember her being in pretty decent condition when I grabbed the Talon from you (although that was 4 years ago now...). Sad to see another one going to get turned into a cube.

Re: First Meet - April 23, 2015 03:05 am UTC

Well I will double check the trip time but I think leaving manny's place at 915 works well.

Re: First Meet - April 23, 2015 01:56 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Salomon Ponte

Really? Why's she getting the boot? I remember her being in pretty decent condition when I grabbed the Talon from you (although that was 4 years ago now...). Sad to see another one going to get turned into a cube.

If I had a garage to work in I might have kept it but it needs rust repair and a full suspension overhaul. And I will not be driving winter beaters again for a few years. Hate to do it, but sometimes it is for the best. Still have the black Talon, though no idea when it will be back on the road again.

Re: First Meet - April 24, 2015 04:39 pm UTC

It's looking more and more like I won't be able to make it out. The Talon should be running, but my moving date got moved up and I need to spend the weekend packing.

We'll see what happens between now and tomorrow night, but I might have to wait for the next one.
Posted By: Tashko Sarakinov

Re: First Meet - April 25, 2015 04:01 am UTC

Damn, wish I didn't check the forum. I guess since I live around the corner from Grackle I should show up and drag the Talon out of the garage.

Still haven't fixed the "issues" I had after SCCA nationals last year so hope it runs. The gas tank is still held on by straps! Ghetto in Schomberg.

For you guys driving up the 400, I suggest the scenic route along King-Vaughan Townline:
https://goo.gl/maps/w3udy

Re: First Meet - April 25, 2015 02:10 pm UTC

Nice! Thanks Tashko, I think we were planning to use 50 but I will take a look at the route and use that.

Re: First Meet - April 25, 2015 06:17 pm UTC

That's coming from the east side we're going to be leaving from wayyyyy west

Re: First Meet - April 25, 2015 07:08 pm UTC

https://goo.gl/maps/EaPpb

That's what I got in mind if anyones got any input feel free

Re: First Meet - April 26, 2015 03:34 am UTC

I'm coming from the east so I see you guys in Schomberg.

Re: First Meet - April 27, 2015 02:04 pm UTC

Surprisingly good turnout yesterday, good to see everyone again and nice meeting Tashko.

Cool to see the rally car all finished!

Re: First Meet - April 27, 2015 05:13 pm UTC

Does anyone have pictures?

From my understanding only Bryan and Manny cruised up but in the end there were SIX DSMs and five of those were 1Gs!!!

1Ga - Rally Car (Derek)
1Ga - Bryan
1Ga - Tashko
1Gb - Me
1Gb - Robert Dike
2Gb - Manny

Re: First Meet - April 27, 2015 05:17 pm UTC

I know Rob took a bunch of pictures. I forgot to bring my camera with me.

Re: First Meet - April 27, 2015 05:39 pm UTC

Guys thanks for coming out it was good to see everyone and it was a busy day with lots of other non DSM cool cars as well...

Derek.
Posted By: Tashko Sarakinov

Re: First Meet - April 27, 2015 06:18 pm UTC

Thanks for organising Derek (and Bryce) and glad to see a bunch of DSMers make the trip up. Made me get of my butt and at least start the car to make sure it still runs.

Sorry if I wasn't too chatty. 3hrs of sleep and hangovers apparently does that to me! If only kids understood the weekend sleep-in.

I forgot what a stock engine bay looked like and also that white is the best 2g colour.
t.

Re: First Meet - April 27, 2015 06:21 pm UTC

If there is some free time tonight I'll try posting pics in the Coffee and Cars thread.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada