Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing

Posted By: Reza Mirza

Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 15, 2016 08:38 pm UTC

So with the shop all setup and the dyno up and running, Abbas and I would like to hold a grand opening meet at the shop in the next few weeks.

It is that busy time of the season as most guys are wrenching away on their cars getting it ready for the upcoming season, so we are unsure if now is a good time for everyone, or if we should push it out a month or two.

We were wondering what your thoughts are on having a meet during the 1st week of May ?

Feel free to suggest some dates, and if/when your DSM will be running. We would like to see a good show up of DSM's which can be a challenge in this day and age. At the same time DSM or no DSM we will still hold a meet at the shop depending on everyones availability smile
Posted By: Jay Stacey

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 15, 2016 08:58 pm UTC

lol I was waiting for your gr
and opening to get the parts to finish up my 2g. but I would be coming in my 1g.

I personly dont think I can wait till may to buy parts.. but if it ends up in may... I will prolly bring the 1g for a show n shine!
Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 15, 2016 09:04 pm UTC

Early May is only like 3 weeks away..sounds good to me...
Posted By: Guillaume Berton

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 15, 2016 10:49 pm UTC

My 1g is running. Definitely not a show and shine car. That's the 2g and not too sure when that one will be ready. 1g has the green light though. Beginning of may is doable. Although work for us goes up in summer and most wkns get packed on but I'll make it.
Posted By: Mike Pimentel

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 15, 2016 11:21 pm UTC

Id love to have my 1g ready for the first week of May and come out.. Honestly don't think I can make that deadline though.
Posted By: Jroslaw plawski

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 16, 2016 12:52 am UTC

Today I did the first pull of the year @ 42 psi, so I'm definitely ready . I may see you tomorrow.
Posted By: Salomon Ponte

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 16, 2016 03:26 am UTC

I'm down. If I get an alignment on the Talon before then, then I'll be in the Talon but if not then the Laser will make a showing.

Are you running the dyno that day too?
Posted By: Mike Kuttschrutter

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 16, 2016 03:47 am UTC

I always shoot for may 24 weekend.
I don't be ready until then.

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 16, 2016 04:07 am UTC

Sure, I don't mind putting a car or two on the dyno that day. We will more than likely be having a BBQ going as well smile

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 16, 2016 04:17 am UTC

Kinda curious to see what a 100% bone stock 92 Laser RS FWD 5-Speed will put to the wheels after all these years...
Posted By: Lucian Marta

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 16, 2016 04:23 pm UTC

And a bone stock TSi AWD!
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 16, 2016 05:10 pm UTC

I might be able to swing coming if it's that soon but it won't be in the talon
Posted By: Nick Gallo

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 17, 2016 01:56 am UTC

I will definitely be there, should have the dsm out in the next week or two..
Posted By: Alex Akachinskiy

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 17, 2016 04:03 pm UTC

This grand opening needs to be filmed! We need camera man, anyone?
Posted By: Manny Sandhu

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 18, 2016 01:49 am UTC

I'm hoping to be running first or second week of may but it may even be at your shop at that point lol
Posted By: Devon Bloomfield

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 18, 2016 12:02 pm UTC

i'll be there if I get my new clutch in on time lol

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 18, 2016 04:44 pm UTC

So Saturday May 7th will probably be the day, we will confirm in the next day or two.

Salomon and Lucian, I have booked both of you in for the dyno smile
Posted By: Tyler Minshall

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 18, 2016 04:46 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Alex Akachinskiy
This grand opening needs to be filmed! We need camera man, anyone?

Maybe I can come with my drone/gopro.

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 18, 2016 05:47 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Reza Mirza
So Saturday May 7th will probably be the day, we will confirm in the next day or two.

Salomon and Lucian, I have booked both of you in for the dyno smile

I have to be downtown for the Blue Jays game in the afternoon (1:07pm start), so if the festivities start early in the morning I can swing by for a bit but otherwise I think I'll have to give Lucian the '92 Stock Dyno Crown.
Posted By: Terry S

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 19, 2016 01:10 pm UTC

Feel like throwing a bone stock, entry level 2015 civic on the rollers for shits and giggles?
Posted By: Abbas Zaidi - RTM Racing

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 20, 2016 11:26 pm UTC

Hello Gents,
So we have decided to hold the grand opening on Saturday May 7th from 11am-4pm.

We will be doing a BBQ so come hungry with or without a running DSM wink Cameras are welcome for you youtube guys, would love to see a nice video! Just a heads up for anyone looking to pick parts on the 7th, please place your order online before hand to make sure you get your parts. I will be behind the grill so i will not have time to pick any parts for you. Can not wait to meet everyone in person! smile

Lets get a list going for the attendance, so I can see how much meat I need to get for the BBQ smile

(1).....
(2).....
(3).....

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 21, 2016 12:08 am UTC

1. Guillaume Berton - 1g Plymouth Laser in "meh" shape

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 21, 2016 11:44 am UTC

2.Devon Bloomfield - 2g gst with a new clutch wink lol

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 21, 2016 12:28 pm UTC

2. Devon Bloomfield - 2g gst with a new clutch
3. Lucian Marta - Evo

I work in Milton until 1pm so I will be coming later on during the day. I know Reza saved a spot for me on the dyno that day, but I will not have my 1G out in time. But he's welcome to strap my X to the rollers and run it smile
Posted By: Terry S

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 21, 2016 01:40 pm UTC

3. Lucian Marta - Evo
4. Curtis - Scarlett (if she's ready)

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 21, 2016 02:01 pm UTC

3. Lucian Marta - Evo
5. Jason Stacey - Wifes 1g if it dosent break down on the way!

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 21, 2016 04:32 pm UTC

6. Ziggy Dietrich - probably the soccer mom van.
Posted By: CraigCail

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 21, 2016 11:39 pm UTC

7. Craig Cail in stock 92 tsi
Posted By: Jroslaw plawski

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 22, 2016 02:20 am UTC

8 Jerry Plawski 95 Eagle Talon
Posted By: Paul Petricca

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 22, 2016 06:11 am UTC

On a Saturday? Why? The Sabbath perhaps? Didn't know you were Jewish Reza. Sunday however, would be much better. I'm sure you'd have a better turnout. Count me in if you switch it to the 8th.

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 22, 2016 11:38 pm UTC

Are you guys against non-board member attend? I know a bunch of dsm guys on tuners that can't make accounts on here.
Posted By: Jeremy Gilbert

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 23, 2016 02:06 pm UTC

3. Lucian Marta - Evo
7. Craig Cail - stock 92 tsi
8. Jerry Plawski - 95 Eagle Talon
9. Jeremy Gilbert - Much slower 95 Eagle Talon

Can't wait to see the new shop, guys.

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 23, 2016 03:42 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Guillaume Berton
Are you guys against non-board member attend? I know a bunch of dsm guys on tuners that can't make accounts on here.

It is not my place to speak for them, but I don't think EITHER of the businesses throwing this grand opening are catering exclusively to ca.dsm.org members. Generally a grand opening or an open house are public events.

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 23, 2016 05:36 pm UTC

Not at all, bring all your friends smile

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 23, 2016 06:02 pm UTC

Yes all are welcome.
Posted By: Sven Hebbard

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 24, 2016 02:31 am UTC

If someone gets video and/or pictures and such i'll edit it in to a video of the whole openning
Posted By: Nick Gallo

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 24, 2016 06:16 pm UTC

3. Lucian Marta - Evo
10. Nick Gallo - 2g gsx
11. Brier Alkema - 2g gsx
Posted By: Rob Rousseau

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 26, 2016 01:36 pm UTC

3. Lucian Marta - Evo
10. Nick Gallo - 2g gsx
12. Rob Rousseau - 1g
Posted By: Isaque Nunes

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 26, 2016 02:37 pm UTC

3. Lucian Marta - Evo
10. Nick Gallo - 2g gsx
12. Rob Rousseau - 1g
13. Isaque Nunes - Car might be up on the Hoist
Posted By: Mike Pimentel

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 26, 2016 02:41 pm UTC

3. Lucian Marta - Evo
10. Nick Gallo - 2g gsx
12. Rob Rousseau - 1g
13. Mike Pimentel - 1g (if completed) or IS300
Posted By: Isaque Nunes

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 26, 2016 02:49 pm UTC

3. Lucian Marta - Evo
10. Nick Gallo - 2g gsx
12. Rob Rousseau - 1g
14. Isaque Nunes - Car might be on the Hoist
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 26, 2016 04:46 pm UTC

Wish I could make this but I'm on call for the next 2 weeks.

Have fun guys!

Post pics!

Stay away from meth burgers!
Posted By: Robert Dike

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 26, 2016 10:38 pm UTC

Looks like this will be one of the biggest DSM meets in a long time! Will be stopping by to ogle all the cars. Unfortunately, I myself will be DSM-less.

Posted By: Adam Grenon

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 27, 2016 01:35 am UTC

3. Lucian Marta - Evo
10. Nick Gallo - 2g gsx
12. Rob Rousseau - 1g
14. Adam Grenon - Ralliart (if not on call for work)
Posted By: Tim Sedore

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 27, 2016 05:58 pm UTC

what is the date? I will try to come out to support Reza!

2008 Evo X

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 27, 2016 06:42 pm UTC

May 7th Tim.
Posted By: Tim Sedore

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 27, 2016 07:21 pm UTC

Thanks. I will do my best homey!
Posted By: Ali Ghadban

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 29, 2016 03:47 pm UTC

If my motor is done by then, I will be there too!

I guess pencil me in?

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 29, 2016 06:15 pm UTC

Just put your name on the list. Since this is a DSM thing, maximum 2/3 of the people on the list are going to show up anyways....

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - April 29, 2016 07:24 pm UTC

I'm already going this wkn so I'm a definite for next tongue
Posted By: Jamal Qazi

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 03, 2016 02:27 am UTC

I'll be stopping by...
Posted By: Mike Kuttschrutter

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 03, 2016 01:08 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Jamal Qazi
I'll be stopping by...

Woah!

Its been awhile.

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 03, 2016 02:56 pm UTC

for all the "WEST ENDERS" going down on Saturday theres a group of us meeting at the timmies at the corner of Hespler road and Eagle street at 9:30am ad will probably be rolling out at around 10am so if anyone west of Cambridge is coming down and would like to join the convoy feel free!

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 03, 2016 06:08 pm UTC

Sweet good stuff, I'm hoping this will be a good turnout. Saturday is 22 degrees C, so great weather for a DSM meet.

We will be firing up the BBQ and we will have soft drinks. Everyone feel free to BYOB and have a good time here smile
Posted By: ruben silva

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 03, 2016 06:20 pm UTC

3. Lucian Marta - Evo
10. Nick Gallo - 2g gsx
12. Rob Rousseau - 1g
15. Ruben Silva - e550 coupe (or 2g if running by then)

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 05, 2016 11:56 pm UTC

Reza what time are we starting at?

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 06, 2016 12:19 am UTC

You coming Bryan?

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 06, 2016 02:00 am UTC

We are kicking off at 11am smile

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 06, 2016 09:31 am UTC

You coming Bryan?
Yep!!

Thanks Abbas

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 06, 2016 12:03 pm UTC

cant wait guys excited to meet you all tomorrow!!

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 06, 2016 01:09 pm UTC

Yeah me too, last time we had a meet this big was 2 years ago.

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 06, 2016 01:38 pm UTC

I'll be leaving Milton at 1PM and hopefully the 401 isn't too bricked so I can make it there for about 2 or so. Save me some burgers please smile

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 06, 2016 01:50 pm UTC

Sandras car is all back together sfter a new water pump and belt last night.. Gonna throw in some Link tonite. Should be good for tomorrow. Is there a Cars wash and a 94 octane gastation on my way in from the 401?

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 06, 2016 02:53 pm UTC

There's a coin car wash next door to the shop Jay!

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 06, 2016 03:29 pm UTC

And a fitness depot!! Which I will be stopping at on the way home.
Posted By: Tim Grechin

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 06, 2016 08:02 pm UTC

I may show up to the circle jerk as well. I hope I have the time to show support to Rezle
Posted By: Jaime Loo

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 06, 2016 09:11 pm UTC

3. Lucian Marta - Evo
10. Nick Gallo - 2g gsx
12. Rob Rousseau - 1g
15. Ruben Silva - e550 coupe (or 2g if running by then)
16. Jaime Loo - Nissan Versa (and picking up parts for my 2g)

Placed small order on website. Thank you Abbas and Reza! See you all there!

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 06, 2016 09:24 pm UTC

Hope you all can make it out tomorrow smile I think there are another 10-15 people who are not on the list that will show up, hopefully more.

We have the whole lot available in the building, so we should be able to accommodate parking for all your cars smile
See you all tomorrow.

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 06, 2016 09:29 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Jay Stacey
Sandras car is all back together sfter a new water pump and belt last night.. Gonna throw in some Link tonite. Should be good for tomorrow. Is there a Cars wash and a 94 octane gastation on my way in from the 401?

We will be BBQ'ing burgers, hot dogs and chicken legs.

Coin wash is right next to our unit in the Husky gas station, 94 octane is just North of the 401 on Brock at Hwy 2.

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 07, 2016 01:21 pm UTC

Guess I'll be the first to officially back out.. unfortunately I need to head over to the ER.

Have a great time guys! Wish I could be there.

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 07, 2016 02:52 pm UTC

Grill has been fired up, we have lots of food. Come down if you can folks smile

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 07, 2016 03:34 pm UTC

were just at the onroute before oshawa.. giving the car a break.

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 07, 2016 04:54 pm UTC

Please video it and take lots of pics for the board and those who can't make it today

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 07, 2016 05:37 pm UTC

I'm gonna have to bail. It took me 35 minutes to get from Milton to Mississauga, and checking the traffic report the highways are all jammed till Scarborough.

In other words, I'll never make it on time frown
Posted By: CraigCail

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 07, 2016 08:48 pm UTC

Was nice to see you guys again and meet some new people. Thank you Reza and Abbas the shop looks great. Food was very good. thanks again.

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 07, 2016 10:17 pm UTC

Food was awesome, as was the hospitality, and there was enough to feed several armies! Nice to see some old familiar faces, some that have not been around in a while, and put faces to some newer names.

Thanks again, and hopefully both businesses are as successful as the grand opening!

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 07, 2016 10:28 pm UTC

We Had a Great time! Great Turn out!
Sandras 1g had no issues on the trip! We need more gatherings like these!

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 07, 2016 10:48 pm UTC

Yeah definitely nice to put faces to names (although I usually can't remember names unless you beat them senseless in my head a few times :p). A great turnout nevertheless laugh

Still can't believe how clean and original Craig's 1g was! Also glad I got to see Rob's laser. DEI heat shield on the list of things to buy and he gave me good pointers on what to do for future mods. He's very meticulous on every part of his build in terms of function. I like that. Of course Reza's 1g was nice to see/hear, but I knew that from the get-go.

Food was awesome and the hospitality was top notch as Ziggy said.

Glad to have RTM and Dynotune under the same roof!

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 07, 2016 11:05 pm UTC

Thanks Abbas and Reza for hosting it, was nice and food was great!

Great to see everyone again and put some names to faces.

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 08, 2016 02:36 pm UTC

Sounds like you guys had an awesome turnout and an awesome time! I'm seriously jealous and pissed I didn't get to make it down.

Where are the pics/videos?

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 08, 2016 11:44 pm UTC

Most on Facebook, I'll try putting them on here tonight.

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 09, 2016 01:55 am UTC

Originally Posted by Jeremy Gilbert
Sounds like you guys had an awesome turnout and an awesome time! I'm seriously jealous and pissed I didn't get to make it down.

Where are the pics/videos?

Well i only took a few tongue

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Just kidding, i stole those from Gui on FB rotate There's still more

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 09, 2016 02:48 am UTC

Who belonged to the red 1ga?

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 09, 2016 02:50 am UTC

[Linked Image]
Sandras 1g

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 09, 2016 09:13 am UTC

Jay that is Rob's 1g
Posted By: Rob Greer

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 09, 2016 03:09 pm UTC

It was great to see everyone! Turn-out was good and actually I'm feeling more enthusiastic about working on my Laser now.

Thank you to Reza for hosting, the burgers were awesome!

For those that asked:
1) The exhaust manifold blanket came from here: http://turbo-performance-products.myshopify.com/collections/dsm-products-1

He doesn't list a Turbonetics T3 blanket there, but he has the pattern for it and is happy to make whatever you want. Very helpful and responsive, I found. Good price too.

2) The hood insulation: http://www.designengineering.com/ca...r-tunnel-shield-ii-heat-sound-insulation
I believe I got: #050509 - 42" X 48" (14 Sq. Ft.), $175.15
I got this at the Shootout as the DEI guys were packing up their booth. They gave me a big discount on it, I guess they were trying to lighten their load. It used pretty much the entire roll to do the underside of the hood. Great stuff and I'd do it again.

3) Projector HID lamps: are Morimoto H1, I posted a writeup here somewhere on installing these.

Re: Grand Opening Meet at Dynotune Racing/RTM Racing - May 10, 2016 02:21 am UTC

Thanks to everyone who made it out, it was nice to meet everyone again.

Abbas's wife prepared all the burgers and marinated the meat, so many thanks to her.

We are hoping to have even bigger DSM meets at the shop in the near future 😊
© 2024 Club DSM Canada