strada season opener

Posted By: Devon Bloomfield

strada season opener - May 10, 2016 04:04 pm UTC

does anyone wanna go up to the Strada opener tonight start times at 6:30 till midnight. I work around the corner and go all the time its a great meet and no police hassle! location is 8440 Highway 27 in woodbridge.
Posted By: Guillaume Berton

Re: strada season opener - May 10, 2016 09:40 pm UTC

I can't will be picking up people and transporting all evening
Posted By: Jonathan Paquin

Re: strada season opener - May 11, 2016 01:27 am UTC

car still isnt ready -_-
Posted By: Manny Sandhu

Re: strada season opener - May 11, 2016 12:34 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Jonathan Paquin
car still isnt ready -_-

+1 lol

Re: strada season opener - May 11, 2016 12:55 pm UTC

So it was an amazing turnout last night 600+ cars and still only 2 dsm's lol oh and I found Pauls old talon. extremely clean and loved !

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Alex Akachinskiy

Re: strada season opener - May 11, 2016 03:27 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Devon Bloomfield
So it was an amazing turnout last night 600+ cars and still only 2 dsm's lol oh and I found Pauls old talon. extremely clean and loved !

Talon looks good.
I remember a fairly large meeting sport south of hwy 7 near hwy400. I wonder if this spot is still active these days.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Salomon Ponte

Re: strada season opener - May 11, 2016 03:48 pm UTC

You're thinking of the Ertefa meets, most likely, which pretty much got shut down for good a few years ago. I think Ertefa may now hold 1 or 2 events per year and I think that these 1 or 2 meets are held at other locations.

The Kennedy Commons meets have now also been shut down.

Seems like most places have no interest in holding car meets anymore these days.

Re: strada season opener - May 11, 2016 04:19 pm UTC

theres only 3 main ones in and around the GTA that are still worth going. theres Car mania in pickering. the Ertefa meets whenever they pop up. last year there was only one at markham fairgrounds and the Strada meets.
Posted By: Alex Akachinskiy

Re: strada season opener - May 11, 2016 04:48 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Salomon Ponte
You're thinking of the Ertefa meets, most likely, which pretty much got shut down for good a few years ago. I think Ertefa may now hold 1 or 2 events per year and I think that these 1 or 2 meets are held at other locations.

The Kennedy Commons meets have now also been shut down.

Seems like most places have no interest in holding car meets anymore these days.

Originally Posted by Devon Bloomfield
theres only 3 main ones in and around the GTA that are still worth going. theres Car mania in pickering. the Ertefa meets whenever they pop up. last year there was only one at markham fairgrounds and the Strada meets.

Ah interesting. That pic was taken in 2013 late spring.
What about that famous Woodbridge location on hwy 7 near hwy427

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: strada season opener - May 11, 2016 05:01 pm UTC

im pretty sure that's where the old ertefa meets were held then the got too big and they shut them down
Posted By: Manny Sandhu

Re: strada season opener - May 12, 2016 01:10 pm UTC

Martin Grove and 7 still is an active "pop up meet" spot

Last year a lot of spots got shut down due to people doing burnouts and other stuff that couldve potentially gone south real quick for onlookers etc

Strada is a great weekly pop up meet which has a $5 per car entry which i feel like is done to weed out a majority of the sh!t disturbers

The Krispy Kreme in Mississauga is still said to have weekly (friday) meets

Thanks to Tim Sedore last year i went out to a few at the start of the season and it turned into a lot of trips last season

Lots of fun, lots of gear heads to shoot the sh!t with as well

Re: strada season opener - May 12, 2016 01:30 pm UTC

yep the krispy Kreme is still fairly big Thursday and Friday nights my girlfriend lives down the street so im there a fair bit. the strada meets went up to $10 a car and $5 for a bike this year but I still don't mind
Posted By: Salomon Ponte

Re: strada season opener - May 12, 2016 04:26 pm UTC

$10 a car for a once a week meet? No thanks. That's a cash-grab if I've ever seen one.
Posted By: Lucian Marta

Re: strada season opener - May 12, 2016 04:36 pm UTC

$10 to hard park for 2 hours? I would rather pay $20 to race for 4 hours
© 2024 Club DSM Canada