20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT

Posted By: ruben silva

20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - December 07, 2011 12:19 am UTC

I no its still a bit early but heres the info for next years shootout. After this years shoot out i am counting down till the next one see everyone there ! And this time it looks like Friday will be dyno day !

http://highboostforum.com/forum/showthread.php/27938-20TH-Annual-DSM-EVO-Shootout
Posted By: Mike Kuttschrutter

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - December 07, 2011 01:07 am UTC

Cant wait!
Posted By: Ryan Laliberte

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - December 07, 2011 01:16 am UTC

I'm making a DSM Canada flag for this year for SURE!
Posted By: Steve Kinnaird

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - December 07, 2011 01:19 am UTC

Curse Dave!!

EVERY year, for the past 6 (now 7) years, he's made the shootout on my daughter's birthday. Ugh.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - December 07, 2011 01:27 am UTC

You still need to come Steve.... LOL.

I wonder if I don't have a cage running in DSE if I'll be booted??
Posted By: Ghislain Goudreau

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - December 07, 2011 01:40 am UTC

Defenitely planing to attend.

Ghislain
Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - December 07, 2011 04:15 pm UTC

Steve, your family should understand wink

Can always celebrate a birthday the weekend before or after ....

Would be a nice trip on your new toy...

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - December 07, 2011 04:20 pm UTC

Is everyone thinking of staying at the plantation again it was fun but our room was a mess full of bugs lol. Probably going to stay somewhere nicer next time around

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - December 07, 2011 09:06 pm UTC

I'm still planning to stay at the Plantation.

Ghislain
Posted By: Ian Burnside

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - December 09, 2011 12:58 am UTC

Stay away from the beach, we got these weird bites that were super itchy and didnt go away for months. And no, it wasnt herpes.... or crabs. Or anything.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - December 09, 2011 02:23 am UTC

Yea i got the same thing Ian i still have some marks from that stuff and we weren't close to the beach i went to doctor and he said it could of been some kind of bed bug not planning to go threw that part again.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - December 09, 2011 02:40 am UTC

I got same bites on my lower legs from the plantation
Posted By: Adam Grenon

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - December 09, 2011 11:50 am UTC

Its called sand fleas. It happens. You would have seen bed bugs.

I guess you've never been to the Caribbean? Don't swim at night
Posted By: Michael Lee

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - December 09, 2011 02:47 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Adam Grenon
Its called sand fleas. It happens. You would have seen bed bugs.

I guess you've never been to the Caribbean? Don't swim at night

Why?

Man bug bites suck. My girlfriend and I had bird mites at our old apartment, because of pigeons on the balcony laying eggs and building nests.

It didn't go away for months!

Random little bites were horrible. We thought we were going crazy!

We killed the buggers off by pumping the A/C to max, they can't survive in the cold.

I hate those little things, because they're so small you can't see 'em or kill 'em directly with your hands.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - December 09, 2011 06:26 pm UTC

Probably sand fleas. For whatever reason I never get bitten by those critters.

I only heard of Bed Bugs but yes; we should crearly be able to see them.

Heck; maybe we should bring some Bug Spray and "Nuke" the room after we get there. We always check in, offload the car and then go for Grub. A little spray before we go for dinner would allow the chemicals to do their work without kiling anyone.

Just a tought.

BugFreeGiz!!!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - December 09, 2011 07:53 pm UTC

Somehow I don't like the idea of paying good money to stay somewhere that you have to use a bug bomb before you are comfortable staying there......

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - December 09, 2011 09:55 pm UTC

True Zig but chemicals are always cool to play with...

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - December 10, 2011 02:28 pm UTC

Yea i agree with Ziggy i ended up leaving the sunday night even dough we had payed for the night because i couldn't put up with the bugs and bites anymore.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - December 10, 2011 07:07 pm UTC

Last couple years I stayed a lot closer to Cleveland. It makes the trip from the hotel to the "action" a little longer (45 minutes or an hour?), but it knocks off close to an hour on the initial trip there and on the trip home. The place is a LITTLE more money than the Plantation, but it is nice and clean, has an INDOOR pool (it is always too cold to use the one at the Plantation) and a hot tub. There are a hundred restaurants all within a few blocks of the place.

It is the type of place where I am sure they would NOT tolerate a lot of rowdiness outdoors, burnouts, etc.

It is the La Quinta that serves the Cleveland airport. I am not sure if we could get any kind of a reduced rate if we took several rooms all together, but they say there is no harm in asking.

Anyone else interested in staying there??
Posted By: Jason Drew

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - December 11, 2011 05:40 pm UTC

I hope to be there once again, and to make some passes down the track or at least do some auto-x.

We stayed at the Days Inn Milan last year, it was decent, no bugs at least and cheaper than staying right in Norwalk.

Posted By: Garrett Logan

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - December 19, 2011 06:35 pm UTC

I'm hoping to attend this one...i don't have an Evo...yet, but i'm sure i'll be walking around with a figurative stiffy all day...

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - December 19, 2011 08:57 pm UTC

I'm sure you'll enjoy!!!

Moi!!!
Posted By: EK

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 05, 2012 11:05 pm UTC

It's my intention to go this year, finally. I put aside last year because I bought a house, but this year I dont have the same issue! Also, I'm getting closer and closer to getting my DSM together! Failing that, I've always got my Ralliart!

Funny, today I was looking at a matchbook that I got from the Plantation.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 06, 2012 02:28 am UTC

Eric, Lisa has to experience the glorious adventure that is the Shootout.

This must happen.

That is all.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 06, 2012 02:40 am UTC

And bacon gravy
Posted By: Nick Gallo

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 06, 2012 04:28 am UTC

Me and Lucian are most likely going to come out, We've been wanting to go for the past 2 years and looks like both our cars will be ready for the long drive.

Anyone else planning on camping on site? We thought were just going to camp out there to save a bit of monies.
Posted By: Lucian Marta

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 06, 2012 08:35 am UTC

Camping should be crazy fun! Bacon and eggs, bbq chicken, DSM's and Evo's, mmmm.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 06, 2012 02:32 pm UTC

Well I got a full heated shop to finish my car in this winter. I should be there. I know some guys are saying "Yah I've heard that before" haha no excuses now. I may also combine this trip with an EVO X purchase trip if things go the way I want them to!
Posted By: Tom McClelland

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 06, 2012 03:08 pm UTC

If all goes to plan I'm borrowing an rv and trailering the colt down.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 06, 2012 03:48 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Adam Grenon
I may also combine this trip with an EVO X purchase trip if things go the way I want them to!

+1 on that

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 06, 2012 10:24 pm UTC

DSM Canada usually stays at the plantation, and it's really nice there. Best part is we are so far out of town that we can pretty much do what we want without police interference. Most of us worked on our cars right there this year, and had a blast. The bugs are bad down by the water, granted, but the rooms are air conditioned, showers are hot, and its a good spot to party.

Don't be fooled though guys, we have a great time but I promise you for those who haven't been down, the drinking you think you're going to do, you probably won't. wink We're up early (6AM) and gone by 7. laugh
Posted By: Jay McClelland

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 07, 2012 08:39 am UTC

Last year finances were bad this year I should be able to make it, and august doesnt seem to be a hard month to get time off for so I should be there this year. I dont know if I will want to drive the dsm down but I intend to go at the least maybe hitch a ride with someone.

Should probably look in to a hotel asap so I have a place to stay.

on reading my bros post maybe I will hitch a ride with him or just drive the laser and if it breaks down convince him to trailer my car and drive the colt back =p

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 07, 2012 04:18 pm UTC

If your car drives back and forth to work everyday reliably, it'll get you to the shootout. DSMs are notoriously good long distances. It's only when you're hawsin on it does it break.

All 4 of us beat the sh!t out of our cars down there this year, none of us broke.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 07, 2012 06:06 pm UTC

Yea I think I'm just worried. I will get it ironed out. Eff it I'll take it. I probably won't drag down there though.

Guess I better get my passport too :s

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 07, 2012 07:24 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Jay McClelland
Guess I better get my passport too :s

Defenately get that thing; you would not want to have a road worty Car and not have the "Blue Book" in hands.

Ghislain

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 07, 2012 07:51 pm UTC

Yea I should go get that order in the next couple weeks. When do you usually need to reserve a room by? So I know what time line I got.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 07, 2012 09:41 pm UTC

Earlyer the better but I normally reserve my room in the spring.

Ghislain

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 08, 2012 04:34 am UTC

Ok good, cause I need to get the car done first. Lol

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 08, 2012 05:25 am UTC

My car has made the 1400km each way drive 2 years now, zero issues so far. I think the great thing about the shootout is if you break anything there, someone is guarantied to have the part you need and will work something out with you. Lot of good guys there.

Last year I got the chance to work on Yusuf(FlyinEvo2)'s 700+hp Evo 2, he broke his Q45 throttle body and was having a hard time getting things back together so I gave him a hand and got a t-shirt and a big thanks out of it.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 08, 2012 07:38 am UTC

Originally Posted by Jason Drew
My car has made the 1400km each way drive 2 years now, zero issues so far. I think the great thing about the shootout is if you break anything there, someone is guarantied to have the part you need and will work something out with you. Lot of good guys there.

Last year I got the chance to work on Yusuf(FlyinEvo2)'s 700+hp Evo 2, he broke his Q45 throttle body and was having a hard time getting things back together so I gave him a hand and got a t-shirt and a big thanks out of it.

At this point everything on the car will be new anyway. If its at all shady I wont take it.
Posted By: Ron Korolak

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 14, 2012 11:26 pm UTC

The plan get the car together and make the long trip to my first Shootout smile

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 15, 2012 01:14 am UTC

That would be excellent Ron

We understand that our beatifull country is quite large and would defenately appreciate your presence.

Ghislain

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 15, 2012 02:04 am UTC

Plan on being in the low 8's? I think the fastest cars were all in that range.
Posted By: Salomon Ponte

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 23, 2012 06:07 pm UTC

Jay, if my car made it to the Shootout and back last year, any car should make it. Especially if they don't compete (which I did anyways - got a trophy out of it!).

I'll be there this year. Exams are done early (by August 10th) so I have no excuses.

Hopefully I'll get all my issues ironed out early on in the Spring/Summer so I can work on tuning her to full 14B potential!

Going to be an exciting Shootout, especially with the extra day and Buschur's new beast.

And, as with the last 2 years, I'll be staying at the Plantation with the East-End Boys.
Posted By: Jamie Valcamp

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 24, 2012 01:15 am UTC

Just please no hot chocolate or no laptop for the ride home this year. Pick one, not both or get yourself a cupholder.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 24, 2012 02:00 am UTC

At this rate im grtting nervous cars still not out and its almost march!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 24, 2012 02:41 am UTC

fracking wedding the weekend before and another wedding the weekend of, that I must attend. Dammit, well I might come down for the Sunday as ill be in Niagara the Saturday

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 24, 2012 02:48 am UTC

Jay... you're getting nervous... cars not out yet and its....????

You worry too much. wink

Mine has the entire front clip taken apart, and no motor. I'll be out by May 24 weekend. wink

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 24, 2012 02:49 am UTC

Originally Posted by Jamie Valcamp
Just please no hot chocolate or no laptop for the ride home this year. Pick one, not both or get yourself a cupholder.

rotflmao

And Giz... no "hawt doggin" it on Telephone road this year, GoPro or not. wink

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 24, 2012 03:11 am UTC

Originally Posted by Ryan Laliberte
Don't be fooled though guys, we have a great time but I promise you for those who haven't been down, the drinking you think you're going to do, you probably won't. wink We're up early (6AM) and gone by 7. laugh

Agreed I was ready to party.
I thought DSM'ers were hardcore drinkers...
Maybe this time I should wait until victory day... and not the night before race day..

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 24, 2012 05:01 am UTC

Jay... you're getting nervous... cars not out yet and its....????

You worry too much. wink

Mine has the entire front clip taken apart, and no motor. I'll be out by May 24 weekend. wink

I guess i do. Every order from ziggy i say is the last. Till the next pay. Then find something else out i need.

Fyi stock bushings seem to be discontinued. Good excuse to go energy suspension.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 25, 2012 07:34 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Ian Burnside
Plan on being in the low 8's? I think the fastest cars were all in that range.

Yep the only difference is I plan to still have power windows, glass, dash, interior, head lights etc smile

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 25, 2012 11:04 pm UTC

Would be nice to get a list of memmbers going and where there staying etc

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2012 12:25 am UTC

DSM Canada stays at the Plantation in Huron. Last year we chilled with Kevin from Kiggly Racing and his wife Erin.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2012 12:48 am UTC

DSM Canada stays at the Plantation in Huron. Last year we chilled with Kevin from Kiggly Racing and his wife Erin.

Hey; what about me???

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2012 02:52 pm UTC

Giz was there, he spent most of the time sleeping... OLD GUY!!!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2012 02:59 pm UTC

Noth'n wrong with a little shuteye!!!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2012 08:02 pm UTC

I think we need some CA.DSM T-Shirts

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2012 09:11 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Kuttschrutter
I think we need some CA.DSM T-Shirts

That is a good idea; we had a very nice one made way back when and it was quite a success.

Make a simple nice one and I'll buy two.

Ghislain

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2012 09:39 pm UTC

Perfect when Kevin phones me back I will confirm if hes staying there again this year smile

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2012 10:38 pm UTC

Hey, if Ghis is an old guy, what the hell does that make ME??

The Tshirts sound great. If they are good quality shirt and BIG ENOUGH, I will a couple also.

If EVERYONE is staying at the Plantation this year, I might just go back there also...

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2012 10:55 pm UTC

Can anyone whip up a design for shirts?? I am the last person you want drawing something...
I can ask around about getting some made up.
Posted By: Deep Mann

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2012 11:55 pm UTC

I hope me and my friend can make it down this year, but before that we have to find 2 clean 2gs lol. But about the shirts we got some made last summer for our bikes, the guy that makes them uses really good quality shirts. He can get any size so that shouldn't be a problem. I forgot how much he charges but can find out.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 27, 2012 12:02 am UTC

So are you going to take the reigns and run with the shirt plan, Deep? I know I'd take two if they are nice smile

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 28, 2012 12:50 am UTC

Anyone know if you can still get the enhanced drivers liscence for land crossings?? Or do you NEED to get a passport??

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 28, 2012 01:11 am UTC

Not sure 'bout the "Enhanced Drivers Liscence" but you denately have the time to get a passport between now and then.

Ghislain

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 28, 2012 01:16 am UTC

The enhanced license is an option, but I think it is as much of a PITA as getting a passport..

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 28, 2012 02:24 am UTC

If I can find my F.A.S.T. card I think I can just use that. I guess I should start looking.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 28, 2012 03:15 am UTC

Passport is only 1 form plus a BDay certificte and a signature. T'waz $50 last time I last applied and the thing is good for 5 years.

I'll vouch for you Tom McCee since I've known you for the past decade and a bit.

Ghislain

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 28, 2012 03:19 am UTC

The forum I admin at(Mitsu-Media) we get our shirts done by http://madcowsdesign.com, they'll do custom shirts/sweaters/whatever for forums, all you need to do is come up with the design and they take care of all the rest.

I do graphic design work for a living, I could try my hand at a design.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 28, 2012 03:20 am UTC

Originally Posted by Ziggy Dietrich, RTM Racing
Hey, if Ghis is an old guy, what the hell does that make ME??

That makes you "The Grand Masia"!!!

Ghislain

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 28, 2012 03:24 am UTC

I'm wondering if Andy or PPG still have the files for the old T-Shirt; not for us to redo the old ones but it would give an idea.

Ghislain
Posted By: Mark PPG Scheitzbach

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 28, 2012 06:08 pm UTC

I don't have any files. But mine was the one that said: "my alternator is bigger than yours :-P

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 28, 2012 09:00 pm UTC

Mmm; was it Craig Watson or Andy that had the old ones done?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 28, 2012 11:19 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Ghislain Goudreau
Passport is only 1 form plus a BDay certificte and a signature. T'waz $50 last time I last applied and the thing is good for 5 years.

I'll vouch for you Tom McCee since I've known you for the past decade and a bit.

Ghislain

Ten years?? Holy crap, and thanks for the offer, I'll let you know if I need it.
Posted By: Rob Strelecki

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 28, 2012 11:48 pm UTC

These days it's almost $100 for the 5 year passport and of course you need to bring your own photos, run around and get guarantors, etc..

I hear the 10 year passport is coming soon and you might like to wait for it before dropping the cash. I had to travel on business late last year and it would have been nice to get the 10 year passport then instead of renewing a 5. Oh well.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 29, 2012 01:01 am UTC

Not sure what the enhanced license costs in Ontario but it's $40 here in Quebec and only requires making an appointment at the SAAQ and you get it in a few days.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 29, 2012 03:18 am UTC

SAAQ au Quebec means MTO in Ontario...

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 29, 2012 10:59 pm UTC

I'm feeling the presure now I want to make this year and my car is totaly ripped apart and most of the pieces I need I have to make frown Wouldn't be fun if you didn't have to thrash I guess haha
Posted By: Mark PPG Scheitzbach

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 29, 2012 11:49 pm UTC

Ghis yes it was Andy and Craig who had the "logo" on the shirt

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 01, 2012 02:34 am UTC

Well guys, in all honesty, its like this.

This is the TWENTIETH annual DSM Shootout. In 10 years, who KNOWS what's going to be going on.

I say Club DSM Canada does everything they can, including our more... *ahem* senior members (Incl. Andy...) to get our asses down there. It would be AWESOME for one last gas at the Shootout this year, considering there won't be a landmark like this for most of us ever again.

Be nice to see a few of the admins down there this year.
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 01, 2012 01:09 pm UTC

This would be my first year but I might just see if I can make it out. By then my car will be a much different beast then what it is now!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 01, 2012 07:11 pm UTC

Alright then, I just booked it off. I could use the motivation anyways grin

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 01, 2012 07:18 pm UTC

Milestone year for sure!

I've been waiting a long time for this and the timing couldn't be better.

Hoping to book the trip depending on the condition of my car in April/May.

God I hope sh!t pans out in my favour this year!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 01, 2012 08:50 pm UTC

Michael, regardless of working car or not (and you'll have plenty of support to get it running) there will be someone to ride along with. 2010 I didn't have a DSM - rode along with Jamie. 2011 - I got bit by the bug BAD and had my own little money pit to drive down.

Whether driving your own car or not, you will not regret it and you will have an AMAZING time.

I'm waiting on my buddy's response but if he's not in - I've got space for another so you'd be more than welcome to join me. I'll either be leaving from Belleville or Toronto, so no excuses!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 01, 2012 09:08 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Salomon Ponte
Michael, regardless of working car or not (and you'll have plenty of support to get it running) there will be someone to ride along with. 2010 I didn't have a DSM - rode along with Jamie. 2011 - I got bit by the bug BAD and had my own little money pit to drive down.

Whether driving your own car or not, you will not regret it and you will have an AMAZING time.

I'm waiting on my buddy's response but if he's not in - I've got space for another so you'd be more than welcome to join me. I'll either be leaving from Belleville or Toronto, so no excuses!

Thanks for the offer!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 01, 2012 10:48 pm UTC

Good. For those who have been down to the shootout before, some of the clubs that do go down are quite large. Considering we represent a COUNTRY, I think we better show some heads.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 01, 2012 11:21 pm UTC

Good. For those who have been down to the shootout before, some of the clubs that do go down are quite large. Considering we represent a COUNTRY, I think we better show some heads.

And the rest of us representing this country have to make up for the Blackchicken fools!

We need to bring more bling home this year. Trophies for all!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 01, 2012 11:25 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Rob Strelecki
Alright then, I just booked it off. I could use the motivation anyways grin

Well then allow me to give you a little motivation: "Pick up your purce"!!!

Ghislain

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 01, 2012 11:34 pm UTC

Ya, we defenately have to give a good representation.

A few years ago the event was rained out and rescheduled in the fall.

I drove there by myself and only met a few other Canadians. The only other that raced was Marco and maybe the Black Chicken girls.

This year will be a 3 "daze" event so you guys show or keep your tail between leg and your head low!!!

Stand up boyz!!!

Ghislain

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 02, 2012 12:11 am UTC

Salomon, do you still have the chicken?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 02, 2012 12:31 am UTC

Salomon, do you still have the chicken?

Still hanging in the car where it has been since the Shootout! laugh

Car hasn't been driven since the day after the Shootout when it died in the middle of the 404, other than to get it home from Jamie's for winter storage, so nothing's been touched except for a new tranny and alternator that went in to get it home! (And fuel lines, and rad, and a whole bunch of other stuff....goddamn this thing costs me too much!)

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 02, 2012 03:55 am UTC

I'll be there for sure repping Canada for sure, but I'm also an admin of Mitsu-Media, which is worldwide. I'll come up with something special for this year though smile

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 02, 2012 04:42 pm UTC

Well cars going on the positive side now. I should be down. I better get the time in and book it off.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 02, 2012 11:41 pm UTC

Be great to see Canada with a large representation !
Posted By: Andrew Trapp

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 03, 2012 06:01 pm UTC

Probably won't be able to make it this year, but next year hopefully!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 03, 2012 09:20 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Andrew Trapp
Probably won't be able to make it this year, but next year hopefully!

I'm taking up to 3 other people with me if you want to come along?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 03, 2012 10:22 pm UTC

Chances are I'll be at a mine site in a forsaken part of the province for the summer. But you may never know, I might take you up on that smile The answer, unfortunately, might not be for another month.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 20, 2012 12:51 am UTC

Just booked our cabin at the Plantation!!! August 16th to the 20th!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 25, 2012 06:53 pm UTC

145 days left get those cars going guys !

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 25, 2012 10:43 pm UTC

You going too Ruben?

I feel like I'm getting to the wire I will know by the end of April if I will make it.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 25, 2012 11:41 pm UTC

Yea definitely going last years shootout was amazing that's the only weekend I take of all year coudnt spend it any better!! For anyone thats on the fence about going don't think twice you'll have the time of your life with all the guys from here !

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 26, 2012 02:13 pm UTC

DSM SHOOTOUT !

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 26, 2012 04:10 pm UTC

If you stay at the plantation, make sure you bring your bug spray.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 26, 2012 04:12 pm UTC

Dont think ill be staying there this year and if i do im going to bomb that place !
Posted By: Jay Stacey

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 01, 2012 04:30 pm UTC

just booked my cabin

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 01, 2012 08:07 pm UTC

Where you staying Jay?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 01, 2012 08:44 pm UTC

Plantation, right next to MEEE!!

Y'know, considering he's towing the AWDAuto down. laugh

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 01, 2012 10:58 pm UTC

Lol looks like everyone is staying at the Plantation again this year going to have to bomb that place with bug spray !

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 01, 2012 11:19 pm UTC

ive stayed at worse.

Im only going cause im getting paid..This is my wife and me's 10th aniversary! so you will prolly not see us much.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 02, 2012 05:57 pm UTC

Im In if I can get my car this Month. Well get those shirts made too. Would it be fine to go there and then get a place to stay or I have to book now ?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 02, 2012 05:59 pm UTC

I would highly recommend you book as soon as you're sure about your plans. Worst comes to worse you can always cancel and usually won't lose any money if you give them at least a few days notice.

If you don't book, plan to sleep in your car or pitch a tent.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 02, 2012 06:08 pm UTC

Stay away from the beach, we got these weird bites that were super itchy and didnt go away for months. And no, it wasnt herpes.... or crabs. Or anything.

Whats a nice place to stay that wont have this problem lol ? Ive never been there so dont know anything about the area. I don't mind paying good money as long as the place is nice.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 02, 2012 07:02 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Deep Mann

Whats a nice place to stay that wont have this problem lol ? Ive never been there so dont know anything about the area. I don't mind paying good money as long as the place is nice.

Probably sand fleas! :X

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 03, 2012 01:20 am UTC

You my goodness you city slickers....

You've worn Coolant, hot oil, scraped your knuckles, murdered your livers with alcohol induced comas...

AND YOU'RE ALL WORRIED ABOUT SOME FRICKEN MOSQUITOES???

The lot of us from the Quinte area are staying at the Plantation. We're going to have an area with gazeebo n such at the track and a flag so you can all see us.

If you want to have some fun with your club, come join us.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 03, 2012 01:31 am UTC

Sand Fleez!!! OMG!!!

Plantation will "bee" for me!!!

Ghislain

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 03, 2012 01:35 am UTC

I aways carry a small can of off in the tool bag.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 03, 2012 06:13 pm UTC

You my goodness you city slickers....

You've worn Coolant, hot oil, scraped your knuckles, murdered your livers with alcohol induced comas...

AND YOU'RE ALL WORRIED ABOUT SOME FRICKEN MOSQUITOES???

The lot of us from the Quinte area are staying at the Plantation. We're going to have an area with gazeebo n such at the track and a flag so you can all see us.

If you want to have some fun with your club, come join us.

LOL. With some alcohol in the system, those bugs won’t leave me alone with any spray. I'll see what to do after I get the car. How many guys coming out from GTA ?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 03, 2012 11:37 pm UTC

I am. And if you guys seen the bug marks me a my buddy got last year no joke : /

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 03, 2012 11:48 pm UTC

The bites were EFFINNNN wonderful!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 04, 2012 12:50 am UTC

Originally Posted by ruben silva
I am. And if you guys seen the bug marks me a my buddy got last year no joke : /

That wuz noth'n.

You want to see a bite??? That is a bite:

[Linked Image]

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 04, 2012 12:55 am UTC

Ghis if you are trying to encourage us to go it's not working -_-

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 04, 2012 01:06 am UTC

Okay i must admit they were not that bad but bad enough to stay there for a month and piss the hell out of me lol.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 04, 2012 01:20 am UTC

lol

Small bugs never killed anybody, could not say the same 'bout 'nem big ones!!!

Ya'll bring your ars over the plantation.

Ghislain

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 04, 2012 01:52 am UTC

Yea i think i am going to be staying there other then the bugs the hole experience was amazing and always cool staying with the guys from here. Cant forget to cook some stakes ! Just bring some bug bombs!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 04, 2012 01:52 am UTC

Yeah, we'll get Ghislain drunk and you thought you couldn't understand his old french ass before!??! You ain't seen nuthin yet!!

BAHAHAHAHAH.

It's April and I'm freekin excited. I've also been known to crawl into other mens' beds wearing nothing more than shorts, flip-flops and a racing helmet.

Good times.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 04, 2012 01:53 am UTC

Yeah, I've also been known to crawl into other mens' beds wearing nothing more than shorts, flip-flops and a racing helmet.

Good times.

I am definitely locking my door lol !

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 04, 2012 02:22 am UTC

Originally Posted by ruben silva
I am definitely locking my door lol !

Remember that locking your door will insure that no Bugs will be able to get out of the room!!!

Ghislain

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 04, 2012 02:24 am UTC

Lol bring my 12 gauge along lol do some bug hunting.
Posted By: Jay Warwick (Pham)

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 29, 2012 01:38 am UTC

I'm thinking about going this year as it seems like quite a riot.

What border do you guys cross at?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 29, 2012 01:55 am UTC

The canadian/US boarder.

Sorry been drinkig a bit teehee

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 29, 2012 11:34 am UTC

Hello

We cross in Buffalo. Use to go through Detroit but the roads are pretty bad. One of the guy bent a rim and the other snapped a Rear Lower Control Arm; all within the same mile.

Ghislain

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 29, 2012 11:28 pm UTC

plus Detroit is scary...lol

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 30, 2012 08:16 am UTC

Nick and I are planning to come out of Brantford, not sure yet exactly where we'll be staying though.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 30, 2012 03:47 pm UTC

i still haven't sent out my passport application! Ghislain, will you be my guarantor again?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 30, 2012 09:35 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Garrett Logan
i still haven't sent out my passport application! Ghislain, will you be my guarantor again?

For you yes; now get your ars in gear. You miss the SO and I'll have the Sqn Top Brass give you extra duty till the end of this decade...

Fellow 429 Sqn Member!!!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 03, 2012 02:14 am UTC

106 days left get those cars going guys !

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 08, 2012 12:18 am UTC

Any chance there will be some sort of working itinerary and I can catch up with you boys at the border if I get the car rolling.

I live in Fort Erie, which is the border town for Buffalo.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 08, 2012 01:37 am UTC

Well us Quinte guys aren't going to be waiting for anyone this year, and we typically don't. We make our plan from here, and whoever catches up along the way so be it.

We'll put a rough itinerary up for anyone who wants to join us. There should be about 7 cars from our area going down. We usually make 2 stops before Norwalk.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 08, 2012 05:36 am UTC

FML...I signed up for Tough Mudder, and it's on the same weekend.

I'm running in the 10:40am heat, so if I finish within the alotted 2:30hrs or so, I could get washed up and drive down to make it for Saturday night, spend Sunday night there and check out Sunday's events.

God this sucks balls.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 08, 2012 04:09 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Jay Pham
Any chance there will be some sort of working itinerary and I can catch up with you boys at the border if I get the car rolling.

I live in Fort Erie, which is the border town for Buffalo.

Don't Worry, Get that car rolling. There a good group from the GTA that should be going. Well arange something!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 08, 2012 04:59 pm UTC

We're a long ways out, so we should be able to schedule something. Would be nice to see that Evo rolling, Jay.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 08, 2012 08:52 pm UTC

Anyone else thinking of going down on a bike?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 08, 2012 11:05 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Ziggy Dietrich, RTM Racing
Anyone else thinking of going down on a bike?

Ziggy. A couple of my friends are probably coming down with me. Prob 2-3 bikes for sure.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 09, 2012 02:31 am UTC

Sounds good guys. I didn't expect people to "wait", I just wanted to catch up with the pack when you guys come through.

Eric, sadly I probably won't take the EVO down. They give me such a hard time at the border I don't think it'll be worth it. We'll see though.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 09, 2012 02:53 am UTC

Why are they giving you a hard time?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 09, 2012 03:42 am UTC

It's RHD, so it's an immediate red flag, even though I have never had an issue traveling back and forth in my DD, they alwasy give me a hard time in the EVO.

RHD is illegal in the States, so I guess they try and give people a hard time to make them think twice about going over...

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 11, 2012 04:05 am UTC

would like very much to see that Evo...

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 11, 2012 10:26 am UTC

Speaking of boarder crossing gone bad..

I was going thru Niagra in my Saturn, lowered with rims and a spoiler. worried about getting thru. My buddy told me to meet him on the other side at some Burgerking so i could follow him to his place.(first solo adventure into the states and I was like 19 and nervous.) The boarder guard asked me where I was going and I said .. Proudly..."BURGERKING! Im meeting my buddy for the day!"

I spent the next 3 hours in the their garage putting everything back into my car.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 11, 2012 06:51 pm UTC

When people drive Saturns, they do silly mods. When they do silly mods, they get proud. When they get proud, they go across the border to meet a buddy at BURGERKING. When they go across the border to meet a buddy at BURGERKING, they look suspicious. When they look suspicious, they get probed for three hours.

Don't get probed for three hours! Take a train instead.
Posted By: Jeremy Gilbert

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 12, 2012 01:07 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Rob Strelecki
When people drive Saturns, they do silly mods. When they do silly mods, they get proud. When they get proud, they go across the border to meet a buddy at BURGERKING. When they go across the border to meet a buddy at BURGERKING, they look suspicious. When they look suspicious, they get probed for three hours.

Don't get probed for three hours! Take a train instead.

I like the textual flow chart rotflmao

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 13, 2012 05:40 pm UTC

Well, I FINALLY booked my room at the Plantation, and the wife is NOT coming along, so my plan is to go down by scooter. As a result, I WON'T be able to bring down a lot of parts....

I am hoping to meet up with a group going through Niagara hopefully Friday morning, and ride down with them.

Anyone planning to go Friday morning and going over Niagara/Buffalo?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 13, 2012 08:08 pm UTC

Hee Haa!!!

I got my reservation at The Plantation; leaving Trenton Thursday and driving back Monday.

This year should defenitely be fun and to see the Scooter; maybe I could bring my Pocket Bike and Race you Ziggy in the T&T... If they allow us to.

Ghislain

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 14, 2012 02:18 pm UTC

I am also leaving on thursday and driving back on Monday! Should be an awesome shoot out!!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 14, 2012 04:54 pm UTC

Is everyone going down thursday already? Anyone going Friday morning?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 14, 2012 04:54 pm UTC

Is everyone going down thursday already? Anyone going Friday morning?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 14, 2012 06:12 pm UTC

Mother @#%@%

I can't make it guys or I may for one day one night not sure yet.

Car's still not up, but I'm doing the Tough Mudder event which is on that weekend.

What are the chances eh? Shoot.

Anyways. frown

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 15, 2012 02:10 am UTC

IDK if ill be attending. Supposed to be starting school in july and it runs for 7 weeks in Toronto. Might scoot down friday night if anyone wants to come along. I'll know more once I get confirmation from my new employer

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 15, 2012 03:50 am UTC

im 95% sure I'm going but I'm sure I'm going Friday morning coming back Sunday or Monday

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 15, 2012 12:37 pm UTC

Eric, are you going with a group? Where are you crossing the border?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 15, 2012 02:08 pm UTC

i intend on going with a group, and I'm thinking the Niagara crossing.. don't want to touch the Detroit one ever again. but I'll have to touch base with the rest of the quinte guys to confirm.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 15, 2012 04:18 pm UTC

I'm not going anywhere near the Detroit crossing! Niagara for me.
Our plan is to travel Thursday so we can attend the Dyno/Shop day on Friday.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 15, 2012 04:31 pm UTC

What time will you guys be leaving on thursday Jamie?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 15, 2012 07:41 pm UTC

Ill be with the quinte Group!, Should be 2 truck and trailers and a handfull of cars.

Jamie, do you get your trailer the day before and load up so you can leave in the morning?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 15, 2012 08:57 pm UTC

We usually leave our place around 8am.
Idea is to pretty much straight shoot the drive but I don't mind sending an update as we enter the GTA if a couple of people want to hook up on the way through.
We won't be stopping to wait for people though, it's a long enough drive as it is. Similar to last year.

Jay, I usually grab the trailer the night before.
BTW, what's Ryan doing now that you'll have your own car to take?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 15, 2012 09:44 pm UTC

Im still taking his car.. Maybe next year we will take ours.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 16, 2012 12:18 am UTC

Sounds like pretty much everyone is going Thursday morning? I might need to call the motel and add another day.....

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 16, 2012 12:50 am UTC

Thursday/Friday it's all about fun.

I'm sure you'll enjoy and we'l all enjoy your presence. Heck I might even bring a few extra German Beerz, just for you.

Ghislain

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 16, 2012 01:55 am UTC

Jay and I have cabins reserved side by side at the Plantation. The AWDAuto will be ready to go and if anyone's willing to donate some slicks for the weekend (I'll have rims to mount them on) I'd be more than appreciative. smile

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 16, 2012 02:28 am UTC

Jay and I have cabins reserved side by side at the Plantation. The AWDAuto will be ready to go and if anyone's willing to donate some slicks for the weekend (I'll have rims to mount them on) I'd be more than appreciative. smile

I have a set of used 235 45 17 BFG R1 you could have for the event. They have been in my basement for a few years but were previously stored in a backyard shed thus subjected to the good old Canadian cold.

Ghislain
Posted By: Peter Urach

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 25, 2012 04:05 pm UTC

So who exactly is going???

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 25, 2012 07:19 pm UTC

me, an my wife

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 25, 2012 07:33 pm UTC

me, without the wife....still unsure about whether going Thursday or Friday...

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 25, 2012 09:50 pm UTC

Me with the gf

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 26, 2012 02:52 am UTC

The girlfriend and I will probably drop by for one of the days.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 26, 2012 10:23 am UTC

Well I might come by myself cause, the wife to be is in a wedding in Niagara Falls that weekend, likely has a rehearsal Friday.

So if I come it may be Thursday and Friday night still have to figure it out. Then back to the Falls for Saturday.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 28, 2012 09:54 pm UTC

I'm going with my wife, and the dog. smile

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 29, 2012 11:04 am UTC

Hmz... I never thought about bringing the dogs... that could be a good idea!

I just got back to work so my leave pass is in. Just waiting on approval before I book.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 29, 2012 09:43 pm UTC

I'm booked off the Thursday/Friday. I'd be willing to share a room with someone if they don't mind snoring haha. So I would take off Saturday morning back to Niagara.

Pm me if anyone is interested in bunking up.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 30, 2012 05:39 am UTC

Nick and I are going!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 02, 2012 02:36 pm UTC

Is google maps accurate, is it a 4 hour drive?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 02, 2012 05:43 pm UTC

Where are you heading from but yes, Google Maps is fairly accurate assuming you don't get held up at the border and don't make too many/long pit-stops. Typically GMaps overestimates for highway driving and underestimates for city driving, I find.
Posted By: Tim Sedore

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 04, 2012 01:03 pm UTC

are you guys going down Fri or sat? I am pretty sure I am going. I just need to decide for how long.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 04, 2012 01:04 pm UTC

Thursday!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 04, 2012 01:11 pm UTC

cool, did you sort out where you are staying? Maybe i better book now

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 04, 2012 01:12 pm UTC

Im staying at the plantation with most of the guys on here.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 04, 2012 09:03 pm UTC

Man this is gonna be cool! After meeting all you guys selling parts, and now all getting together for a weekend of partying, and racing!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 09, 2012 12:10 am UTC

won't be able to make it...short on leave cause my dad and grandma are flying down this summer...was really looking forward to bringing the 4G69T powered lancer out...

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 10, 2012 01:27 am UTC

plantation? Your camping? Send me details.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 10, 2012 02:22 am UTC

got my leave pass approved today, booking the hotel tomorrow!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 31, 2012 03:19 pm UTC

So what time is everyone leaving?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 31, 2012 03:59 pm UTC

I'm going to be leaving from Brampton in Friday morning.. anyone else in the gta going Friday? I'm thinking about meeting Ziggy in Niagara roughly 8am..

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 31, 2012 04:16 pm UTC

I am going Fri morning too. Where did you book?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 31, 2012 05:05 pm UTC

plantation, brother.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 31, 2012 06:53 pm UTC

I have not heard good things about there so i am booking with the Motel 6. They have special rates if you let them know your going to the shoot out.
419-499-8001
Rates for Motel 6
16th, $46.74
17th and 18th, $80.74
19th, $38.24

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 31, 2012 06:55 pm UTC

Wow Tim that's cheap!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 31, 2012 07:04 pm UTC

lol, i am not cheap. That other place has bed bugs. I am not staying there. Trust me, i work for a Pest Control company and bed bugs are a SOB to get rid of.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 31, 2012 07:13 pm UTC

Im also staying at Motel6 just called today and they have a couple of queen rooms left i payed for thursday friday sat sunday leaving on monday 303 with tax

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 31, 2012 07:23 pm UTC

haha, sorry i miss read smile I thought you said i was cheap and staying else where. My bad!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 31, 2012 07:41 pm UTC

Lol was not saying you are cheap was saying that was a good deal haha

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 31, 2012 08:05 pm UTC

That IS a good deal. IF I wasn't already booked at the Plantation, I would probably stay there also...

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 31, 2012 09:35 pm UTC

The Quinte Crew (Giz, Jamie, Jay, Me) are leaving Thursday morning, probably around 7AM. We'll be pulling into the Plantation around 6 that night. We leave Monday morning.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 31, 2012 10:09 pm UTC

The Quinte Crew (Giz, Jamie, Jay, Me) are leaving Thursday morning, probably around 7AM. We'll be pulling into the Plantation around 6 that night. We leave Monday morning.

Don't forget me! I'll be leaving with you boys as usual - this time from Belleville, so none of that 'play catchup/run into each other at a rest stop' nonsense.

I'm going to be coming home straight after the Drag racing on Sunday, though. Meeting up with the family at a cottage (near Tamworth/Napanee, coincidentally).

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 31, 2012 10:12 pm UTC

Ill be leaving at that time also will meet up with you guys around the toronto area.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 02, 2012 06:58 am UTC

Looks like I might need a roomate for thurs, fri, and sat night frown

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 02, 2012 06:14 pm UTC

I am heading down either Thursday eve or Friday morning. I am staying at the Motel 6 with Ruben so we will have to figure out meet up spots while we are down there.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 02, 2012 06:26 pm UTC

Yup got a great deal there and rooms look to be fully renovated !
Posted By: Johnny Larmond

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 06, 2012 10:28 am UTC

Damn already booked for that weekend. frown Looks like it'll be the 21st shootout before I get there...

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 07, 2012 04:18 pm UTC

Has anyone else decided what events they're planning to run in?

I'm thinking of trying out the Max Effort as it's all run on Saturday plus there are no reaction times included in you overall score. I suck at the tree!
That leaves Sunday open for either TT or sit around and watch more of the drag events.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 07, 2012 11:21 pm UTC

That event is definately interesting. I'm not sure what I'll be doing but will definately be burn'n some rubber!!!

Ghislain
Posted By: Mike Rizzotti

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 09, 2012 03:13 am UTC

I am leaving NH Thursday AM. Staying at the Econolodge.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 09, 2012 12:35 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Rizzotti
I am leaving NH Thursday AM. Staying at the Econolodge.

We'll be look'n up for you on the way!!! wink

Ghislain

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2012 03:47 pm UTC

anyone else going down on Friday morning? pm me and we can arrange a convoy?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2012 03:50 pm UTC

I am still planning Friday Morning. We could meet up somewhere in the NF area here..

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2012 03:54 pm UTC

Ziggy, hit me up with a location for everyone to meet. I'm thinking I'd like to leave Niagara Falls at 8am.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2012 04:19 pm UTC

Do we prefer to cross the border in Fort Erie or Niagara Falls?

I think probably Fort Erie? I know there is a McD's just beside the highway at the McLeod Rd. exit..

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2012 06:16 pm UTC

I'm not a border crossing expert.. do you think ft Erie is best?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2012 06:40 pm UTC

8am? i thought ryan said we'd leave belleville at 7am...?? and Ziggy, I' do mcd's after the border but I dont recomend Burgerking!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2012 07:04 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Jay Stacey
8am? i thought ryan said we'd leave belleville at 7am...?? and Ziggy, I' do mcd's after the border but I dont recomend Burgerking!

you're going on Thursday.. I'm going on Friday?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 13, 2012 07:48 pm UTC

Eric, I have a small problem here. I am not going to be able to leave until Saturday.

I will have a couple small parts for some people, hate to make them wait the extra day....Maybe I could meet you Friday AM and you take those parts down for me, and I will ride down alone on Saturday?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 13, 2012 08:44 pm UTC

absolutely no problem ziggy! pm me for details.
Posted By: Scott Neville

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 14, 2012 01:25 am UTC

Nothing like your Alternator dying 2 days before you are to leave.....

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 14, 2012 12:22 pm UTC

You still going? I was going to send your coupler down with Eric so you can have it Friday, as I won't be coming until Saturday..

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 14, 2012 12:29 pm UTC

Fak Scott!!! Let me know if you'll be delayed.

Ghislain

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 14, 2012 01:23 pm UTC

Nothing like finding out the new converter you put in was tightened up rather than loosened up. Fukin stall was lowered rather than raised so I will not be competing in the races. I will dyno the car though unless by some miracle I get a new converter installed before Sunday.
Posted By: Peter Harry Cortesis

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 14, 2012 01:33 pm UTC

Jealous.

I wish you all a fun but safe time.

Pete

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 14, 2012 02:36 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Scott Neville
Nothing like your Alternator dying 2 days before you are to leave.....

I know the feeling.. I was lucky and got mine fixed a couple of days ago. If you're in the Quinte area, Adam Grennon has a few dead 1g alternators kicking around and the boys over at Lee's Alternator and Starter will rebuild it for you next day...

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 14, 2012 07:13 pm UTC

Whoever is going, we have 14 t-shirts for you guys. It's a mix between LG and xl. They are being picked up tomorrow. Looking to be in the 15-18 dollar range for cost.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 14, 2012 07:36 pm UTC

I'll take a few for sure.

Ghislain

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 14, 2012 07:46 pm UTC

What do the t-shirts say and can I reserve one?
Posted By: Scott Neville

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 14, 2012 07:47 pm UTC

I will take one Ryan and if you have more I like one for my son who is coming to. Thanks

And yes Ghis I might be a littel late I have to install it be for we leave.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 14, 2012 09:37 pm UTC

What time are you guys leaving Belleville on thursday?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 14, 2012 10:10 pm UTC

Rgr that Scotty!!!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 14, 2012 10:36 pm UTC

I think 7

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 14, 2012 10:37 pm UTC

Perfect ill meet you guys in toronto around 9 then smile

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 14, 2012 11:29 pm UTC

Anyone from the toronto area going up on thursday morning?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 15, 2012 12:26 am UTC

Just don't have the time/money to do this well I have the time I booked the days off. Car is no where near ready have been at 4 weddings this summer so far, plus planning my own. I successfully removed more parts from my car as opposed to replacing them haha.

Have a good time!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 15, 2012 07:24 pm UTC

I'll be leaving Friday around 3AM so I can make it there nice and early

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 15, 2012 07:53 pm UTC

i was planning to leave around 7am Friday. Anyone leaving around then? Eric, what time are you guys passing through?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 15, 2012 08:58 pm UTC

I'm leaving brampton roughly 6am.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 15, 2012 09:26 pm UTC

lucian..

Nick says hes giving you some fuel line for me?
Posted By: Nick Gallo

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 16, 2012 12:32 am UTC

Yup already talked to him and he will be taking it with him. Gonna give it to him tonight most likely.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 16, 2012 03:10 am UTC

Something always happens last minute looks like an all nighter for me!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 16, 2012 02:10 pm UTC

Ruben...whats wrong? Or do you mean the throttle body?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 16, 2012 07:53 pm UTC

Enjoy gents!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 16, 2012 10:04 pm UTC

Just landed at the plantation. Unpacking and going to hit Walmart.
Hopefully everyone shows up soon.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 16, 2012 10:24 pm UTC

Just got to our place Jamie txt me when you guys go out for dinner if u don't mind ill pm u my number.

Tim i fixed the throttle body just checked in to the room there nice msg me when you get here tomorrow.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 16, 2012 11:48 pm UTC

Whooo hooo!
Chilling at abblebees in ohio!
Evos everywhere!
Posted By: Steve Kinnaird

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2012 12:46 am UTC

Good luck, and have an AWESOME time, guys!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2012 02:21 am UTC

see you all tomorrow!
Posted By: Dennis Camacho

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2012 02:47 am UTC

Originally Posted by Scott Neville
I will take one Ryan and if you have more I like one for my son who is coming to. Thanks

And yes Ghis I might be a littel late I have to install it be for we leave.

Hey, Scott!!! It's been a while, bud!!! Ryan, If you have any t-shirt left save me one pls?

BTW, Leaving Mississauga with the family at 2:00AM and should be at Elyria, OH by 8:00AM. We're staying at Red Roof in Elyria which is 30 mins. to Norwalk.

See some of you guys at Buschur shop say around 10:00AM.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2012 04:27 am UTC

Have a great time guys!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2012 04:48 am UTC

lucian..

Nick says hes giving you some fuel line for me?

PM'd!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2012 11:20 am UTC

Will post some pics tonight just woke up to dsms and evos in the parking lot laugh

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2012 02:23 pm UTC

Daaaaaaaaaah! I can't believe I'm missing this!!!!!!!

frown

Be safe and have fun guys. LOTS of pics and hopefully lots of videos!

Cheers!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2012 02:39 pm UTC

No kidding, I've had things come up and I just can't make it out this year, first time in 4 years, ugh.

Have fun guys.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2012 03:49 pm UTC

What rooms are you guys in at the plantation? I'm thinking of heading er down saturday.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2012 10:33 pm UTC

We are just in the.plantation....come and you find us. Unless were at the track.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2012 10:45 pm UTC

103, 104, cabin 119 and 120.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 18, 2012 12:57 am UTC

Great show today! I'll be posting pictures when I get home! Can't wait for the rest of the races.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 18, 2012 02:19 am UTC

Just got to drive gizs car for a 3rd gear pull........

Had a "crissis"!
Had to go change ma pants!

Then i got to take a ride in rubens hx40 monstar!!!

Now im just poundinback the beers with everyone have a fickin great time

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 18, 2012 03:54 am UTC

For all that might wonder; I allowed Jason (aka Jay) to drive my car as I was "slightly" affected by some obsure "suds".

Tomorrow is the Max Efort event; Auto X and Quater Mile. Jamie, Salomon and myself will be participating. Should be fun.

Do not count on me posting pics. Show up for the live event...

Night night!!!

GizThaWiz!!!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 18, 2012 01:32 pm UTC

Leaving For the track now see everyone there!
Posted By: Rob Cauduro

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 18, 2012 10:53 pm UTC

Like I mentioned to Ruben, if any of you guys at the shoot out happen to see anyone getting rid of black 2g interior pieces, I'll compensate you and make it worth your time to bring some stuff back for me.

Door skins, rear speaker panels, and rear seats I really need the most.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 19, 2012 01:57 am UTC

Still havin a great time! wish i had something to race!

[Linked Image] [img]http://[/img]

[Linked Image]

This is Giz racing, and jamie nd salomon stageing for the next race.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 19, 2012 04:43 am UTC

I been looking Rob but so far no interior parts at all ill keep an eye out tomorrow also.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 19, 2012 12:17 pm UTC

Good day all.

Yesterday was a blast; Salomon, Jamie and I participated into the Max Effort. I was definately not the fastest one but managed to run 34 sec but plowed into the stop box cones. Someone has a video of it so I'll try to post it.

As for the 1/4mile stuff I never came close to establish a Land Speed record but again had a blast.

Jordie Neville (Scott's son) was with me for all of my runs and was operating the LapTop (when it would work). Kid will definately be a car guy.

More to report later.

Ghislain

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 20, 2012 01:50 am UTC

Found a few pics of Ryan's car.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 20, 2012 02:20 am UTC

Looks great all back together! Wish I could of been there.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 20, 2012 02:40 am UTC

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 20, 2012 03:33 am UTC

I'm stopped at a rest stop on the 401, still on my way home...

But I must say, what an amazing event this was. I can't even really describe how fun it was. Put some faces to the names and finally got to meet some of you! And made a lot of friends from down south.

Worth every minute and penny, I can't wait until next year smile

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 20, 2012 03:34 am UTC

Got home today after 10 hours driving, and absolutely no problems from my DSM!!! I've got 228 photos so I wont post them all, but here's the album link: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v505/BFoP/DSM%20-%20Evo%20Shootout%20-%202012/

And some previews:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 20, 2012 03:38 am UTC

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 20, 2012 03:46 am UTC

#49 in your album. Interesting window scoop.
#210 - AMAZING!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 20, 2012 04:09 am UTC

Those are some nice cars.

Just keeps setting the bar higher for me frown Oh well, it's good to shoot high wink

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 20, 2012 12:26 pm UTC

What an amazing trip. Luckily I had Erik in my convoy! The bolts to my Exhaust drop off on the highway and I dropped off one of the hangers. Erik was kind enough to lend me the bolts from his strut bar so I could bolt back up the exhaust and limp home. I was not able to run in any of the events as I appeared to have a boost leak that I could not find but I had a great time anyways. I got the drive the crazy Giz mobile. I could not believe there were soooo many evos but mostly 8’s and 9’s. I was a little lonely with my X smile We are already planning for next year. I have over 500 pics so I will try to go through them tonight and upload an album. It was great meeting you all. Hope to see you there next year.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 20, 2012 02:24 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Johnny Larmond
#210 - AMAZING!

Agreed! Is it an Ariel Atom, or is it just a kit car that looks like one?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 20, 2012 02:59 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Bryan Lawrence
#210 - AMAZING!

Agreed! Is it an Ariel Atom, or is it just a kit car that looks like one?

It's called an SLR, it's a kit car: http://projectsl-r.com/my-sl-r-specs/

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 20, 2012 03:21 pm UTC

[Linked Image]

That's an Atom. I'm pretty sure they have a GM powerplant if they're sold in North America. Same engine as the Cobalt SS

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 20, 2012 03:24 pm UTC

it's the SLR. Talked to the boys over at ECM Link, they confirmed.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 20, 2012 10:11 pm UTC

Hey everyone just got back to our place seen Ryan and the other guys over at the boarder hope everyone got home okay, what an amazing event bought sd set up off the guys at ecm link smile looking forward to next year ! Will post some pics later also.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 20, 2012 11:39 pm UTC

We got back to Belleville around 530.. from leaving alittle after 7am.

Jamie broke a front strap off his car and just about lost the eclipse off the trailer in front of us! we pulled over in the middle of some HOOD! Got kicked off some guys property! Threatened to call the cops on us! dick! Then went to autozone and got new straps. which eventually broke aswell, but we were ready for it this time!

But the weather was perfect all weekend!

Got to take to some big names! Got to touch Sheps car, and have a little chit chat with him!

Got hundreds of pics aswell! will post the good ones, and file the rest. Have everyones races on vid!

Sandra and I are defiantly bringing a car next year!.
Posted By: jerry white

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 21, 2012 12:30 am UTC

Did Shep run I thought I saw some pics of it doing some runs.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 21, 2012 12:55 am UTC

he a exhibition run did but I missed it. I guess he ran a 9, but he was running 9's with his slightly modded GTR so that wasnt all that great. but when he pulled up to the tree, the audience gave him a standing ovation.
[Linked Image]

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 21, 2012 01:09 am UTC

It was definitely an eventful ride home. The trip was going well until we got into some traffic in Cleaveland and the guy in front of me obviously didn't know how to modulate the brake pedal. Needless to say there were a few hard stops. Apparently this was enough to destroy one of the tie down straps. Compounding this, the car never got put into gear nor did the parking brake get put on in my rush to get everything packed the previous night before I lost daylight. Major mistake! Now the car was essentially rolling free on the trailer. After getting stopped, we realized I was just inches from dropping the car into a freeway in the rain in the middle of rush hour. The only thing holding it back was the loose end of the ratchet strap that was tied to the frame of the trailer to stop it from dragging on the ground.
Then we almost get the cops called on us for pulling into an empty parking lot to secure the car. Ziggy went back after we left to have a few words with the owner. You're a brave man Ziggy.
We shopped around for new straps and a chain in one of the seediest areas I've ever been in. I think all of us were well outside our comfort zone.

Huge thanks to Ghis, Ryan, Sam, Jay, Sandra and Ziggy (on his scooter of course) for helping out. I would not have wanted to be doing that one alone.

The shootout was awesome once again. It was great to meet some members face to face for the first time. The Max Effort was a blast and it allowed us to watch all the drags on Sunday. Can't wait for next year.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 21, 2012 03:09 pm UTC

I just felt a need to express my opinion of the situation. For any one who is interested, the dick is the owner of a company called Daniel's Home Furnishings in Cleveland. I know they have some sort of link on their website to tweet and facebook...if anyone wants to leave comments there, please do so. Also, if you should know anyone in the Cleveland area, please be sure to tell them NEVER to buy anything there.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 21, 2012 05:07 pm UTC

Seriously? That was a store? 2800 Superior Ave.
I thought it was an abandoned factory when we pulled in.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 21, 2012 05:18 pm UTC

Pics of us pushing jamies car back up the trailer. And putting new straps on.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 21, 2012 05:40 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Jamie Valcamp
Seriously? That was a store? 2800 Superior Ave.
I thought it was an abandoned factory when we pulled in.

It looks like it probably USED to be a factory, and he probably bought the place for peanuts. That is what guys driving Cadillac SUV's and with horrible attitudes are likely to do. That was the name on the sign on the front of the place, and when I googled it, it would appear he has THREE locations (Don't buy from ANY of them, please). He seems like the kind of guy who would setup in a rundown neighbourhood, and then charge double or triple what stuff is worth and offer "financing"....and probably charges a mere 1000% interest or something like that....He just seemed so "people friendly"....

Anyways, I confirmed it on Google, including checking the map, and that is DEFINITELY the place....

Maybe I should phone and ask if the owner drives a Cadillac SUV? Maybe even ask the receptionist if the owner is an Ahole?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 21, 2012 11:07 pm UTC

OK heres all our pics, videos still to come.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152014299230401.880208.554745400&type=3
Posted By: Mike Petro

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 22, 2012 12:21 am UTC

Not sure if you can link to that Facebook album with that link. At least it isn't working for me...

Scroll to the very bottom of the album, and there should be a specific link there to copy/paste.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 22, 2012 12:24 am UTC

Sorry..

how bout this.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...08.554745400&type=3&l=44d9a36a85

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 22, 2012 12:32 am UTC

Yeah that works. Awesome!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 22, 2012 01:15 am UTC

Tim, those rims turned out great on your EVO

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 22, 2012 02:22 am UTC

Well heres vid 1...

First video i ever uploaded.. will put more on youtube unless there is an easier way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Yi8-FsAtYw&feature=share

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 22, 2012 01:47 pm UTC

Thanks Johnny. I was really impressed with them. Best of all I dont need to clean them as much as the silver ones, lol.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 22, 2012 01:54 pm UTC

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...08.554745400&type=3&l=44d9a36a85

There are some pics i took. Unfortunately none of my videos really turned out frown

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 22, 2012 02:13 pm UTC

Sorry....copy and paste in RDP smile

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...33.518094650&type=1&l=6c869eef5f

That would be mine smile

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 22, 2012 03:05 pm UTC

Was the turnout as much as the previous shootouts ?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 22, 2012 04:14 pm UTC

Since it was my first I can not speak through experience but from the people i spoke with that had been they indicated it was the best/biggest yet.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 22, 2012 04:54 pm UTC

I think there were other years where it was as big. Maybe it was "best" this year because the black chicken didn't show?
Posted By: Paul Petricca

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 22, 2012 05:53 pm UTC

Glad to hear your scooter made it there and back Ziggy. Personally, my favorite SO was in '06 because everyone was there and the racing was second to none.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 22, 2012 05:57 pm UTC

Yes, the scooter gave no trouble, other than me losing the key to the trunk box, and having everything including my credit card locked inside there, LOL.

'06 was my FIRST shootout, and it was also awesome, but this year was great as well....
Posted By: Dennis Camacho

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 22, 2012 06:57 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Deep Mann
Was the turnout as much as the previous shootouts ?

I've been going since 1999 and I'd say the great turnout has always been consistent.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 22, 2012 07:21 pm UTC

Ziggy you went on your scooter!? How's yer ass? OMG!

Why didn't you drive one of your cars?

Unless my car explodes, I will be at the next one. *knocks on wood*

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 22, 2012 07:29 pm UTC

My ass is well padded, so no problem there, LOL.

Scooter is a lot more fun than the cars smile

Also, the entire trip there and back plus all the riding around while down there only cost me around $50.- $60. in gas smile

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 22, 2012 07:38 pm UTC

Must be nice.. hauling ryans car behind my Envoy came up to well over $300.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 01:32 am UTC

I made it there and back on less than 2 tanks smile 1,135 kms was my entire trip. So like $120-140 in gas. I got a lot better fuel economy than I thought I would.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 01:40 am UTC

Same here; car ran like a top.

Btw; it was nice to write on your "Boot", just sad the Official Nazi made you erase the art!!!

Ghislain

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 01:40 am UTC

Must be nice.. hauling ryans car behind my Envoy came up to well over $300.

LOL. crazy What was the point of hauling the car if he wasn't going to race ?

But yeah Seen all the pics, looked like a good turnout.
Posted By: Paul Sitarski

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 02:05 am UTC

Did anyone get some decent 1/4 mile times?

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 11:09 am UTC

Nope, but we all know you would of...

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 11:59 am UTC

Worked out my fuel cost alone for this trip: $180.14

Car got 8.9L/100km laugh

That includes getting lost and driving aimlessly on a daily basis. Directly there and back for me = 1,479 km, and add roughly 200km for getting lost, travel between hotel and track, etc. Figure ~1,800km

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 01:12 pm UTC

I was supposed to race but 3 days before we left I found out the company that restalled my converter didn't do it right.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 03:10 pm UTC

I got 9.1/100L while following Eric. I got 13/100L following Rubin smile

Luckily i only followed Rubin around town and Eric to and from the SO. Thank god for Cruise control smile I think i worked it out to about $180 in gas for the weekend.

On the way back my SS clutch line split about an hour from the border. We had to keep stopping to top up the fluids. Thank you Magnus for a POS chinese line that lasted only 3 months. Thanks again for saying its not warrantied and telling me buy a new one. Needless to say i paid to have someone build me one elsewhere. Just after crossing the border the bolts to my muffler fell out....wtf? Eric was kind enough to lend me his bolts from the strut bar so i could limp home.

$350 later i got my car back with a new line. SOB!!!

Other then that i had a great time. I got to meet some other members and I had the priviledge of driving the GizMobile. I am planning to go next year but I will trailer the car.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 04:20 pm UTC

For any of you wanting to see how your fellow Canadians stacked up in the Max Effort class: http://highboostforum.com/forum/showthread.php/28951-20th-Annual-DSM-EVO-Shootout-Results-thread

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 04:39 pm UTC

Good stuff guys!! I definitely would have loved to have participated in the auto-x maybe next year I will be able to do that.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 04:51 pm UTC

Holy sh!t, ca.dsm reprezent!!

Congrats guys!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 04:59 pm UTC

Awesome! You guys have gotta teach me how to drive!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 05:50 pm UTC

I got a clean 33.0 but they have me as 33.74. Not that it would have changed my position in the Autocross or overall portion, but if my car had been faster in the drags it would have.

Who needs fancy suspension setups and big turbos when a pooched 14b, 20 year old suspension and 1-piston stock brakes on stock-equivalent tires does the job tongue Need more power for the drags, though frown

Just a FYI: Make sure your fuel lines aren't split wink Almost melted the damn pistons!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 06:05 pm UTC

I got a clean 33.0 but they have me as 33.74. Not that it would have changed my position in the Autocross or overall portion, but if my car had been faster in the drags it would have.

Who needs fancy suspension setups and big turbos when a pooched 14b, 20 year old suspension and 1-piston stock brakes on stock-equivalent tires does the job tongue Need more power for the drags, though frown

Just a FYI: Make sure your fuel lines aren't split wink Almost melted the damn pistons!

Apparently your name is "Salmon" like the fish. tongue

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 06:08 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Michael Lee

Apparently your name is "Salmon" like the fish. tongue

I've only been called that pretty much by entire life either by illiterate people who can't read and/or people who think they're clever and that I've 'never heard that one before'. tongue

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 06:11 pm UTC

Weird, because if you say your name out loud, it's actually not anywhere close to sounding the same.

Solomon/Solomin <-- how it's pronounced no?

Sehmin <-- the fish.

Close?

Trying to type Salmon phonetically. lol

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 07:16 pm UTC

Weird, because if you say your name out loud, it's actually not anywhere close to sounding the same.

Sehmin <-- the fish.

Close?

It's like the king or the sporting company.

In english, the easiest way to sound it out is "Saw-low-min"

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 07:17 pm UTC

Sehmin <-- the fish.

Close?

It's like the king or the sporting company.

In english, the easiest way to sound it out is "Saw-low-min"

I win! What do I win?

Free pass to the shootout next year? smile

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 10:42 pm UTC

Pretty cool if you ask me. I tried to find the results but have been unsuccessfull till Jamie's link.

I ain't the fastest but really enjoyed the MaxEffort; that is probably what I'll do next year to include the Sunday 1/4 mile.

My best run on the AutoX was 34 sec but I destroyed the two Cones at the end of the "You Must Stop Box" Gaetan from the Quebec DSM Club has a fotage. I'll post when available.

That event was pretty cool. Jamie and "HotShoe Salmon" were the Canucks to beat. I'll have to sit with Salomon for a 15 minutes so he can re-instruct me on how to HeelToe.

At last guys and gals; You have one full year to get your ars in gear and come over to participate. My Hotel reservation is not made yet but you guys can count on me attending and participating.

Best Event Ever!!!

Ghislain

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 10:44 pm UTC

Oh yeah; btw last year Salomon won a Title in one of the Braket Class. They named him "Salomon Poontay".

You think you have a hard name to pronounce; try mine!!! Hence the nick.

GizThaWiz!!!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 11:33 pm UTC

Salomon, I am impressed you heel toe(yes i realize you need to do so to do well in autox). The space between my gas and my brake is rediculous making heel toe a bitch/impossible.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 11:33 pm UTC

Pretty cool if you ask me. I tried to find the results but have been unsuccessfull till Jamie's link.

I ain't the fastest but really enjoyed the MaxEffort; that is probably what I'll do next year to include the Sunday 1/4 mile.

My best run on the AutoX was 34 sec but I destroyed the two Cones at the end of the "You Must Stop Box" Gaetan from the Quebec DSM Club has a fotage. I'll post when available.

That event was pretty cool. Jamie and "HotShoe Salmon" were the Canucks to beat. I'll have to sit with Salomon for a 15 minutes so he can re-instruct me on how to HeelToe.

At last guys and gals; You have one full year to get your ars in gear and come over to participate. My Hotel reservation is not made yet but you guys can count on me attending and participating.

Best Event Ever!!!

Ghislain

I'm more than happy to offer 'instructionals'/advice on driving skills/lines/etc. I will say that anyone interested in learning heel-toe would be best served learning how to properly rev-match first, as it makes the learning curve a fair bit less steep when jumping into heel-toe.

Oh yeah; btw last year Salomon won a Title in one of the Braket Class. They named him "Salomon Poontay".

You think you have a hard name to pronounce; try mine!!! Hence the nick.

GizThaWiz!!!

I guess that's what happens when English-speakers try to pronounce names not of an English-languauge origin (French in your case, Spanish in mine). It just means we get cool nicknames instead.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 11:35 pm UTC

Salomon, I am impressed you heel toe. The space between my gas and my brake is rediculous making heel toe a bitch/impossible.

I agree, the space between the brake and gas pedals in these cars is huge, which is why I wear my work boots if I need to be sure of my heel-toeing in the Talon. In my sneakers/etc. it is way too easy to slip off the brake pedal during a heel-toe, so the extra width the work boot gives me helps greatly.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 11:36 pm UTC

I'd be down for a tutorial. See how I stack up. Still a little gunshy to push my machine until she's properly tuned. Not $1000 tuned, but enough to not knock like a monster. haha

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 11:40 pm UTC

Salomon is MaBoy and will be beging for his instructional.

Now I forgot to admit that I use to know how to do it but it has been about 10 years since I have Heeled Toed.

Rev matching is a current; Learned it from Me Dad; Old Man was a truck driver.

Ghislain

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 11:42 pm UTC

Ya; and I happend to have the coolest of them all!!!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 11:49 pm UTC

I'd be down for a tutorial. See how I stack up. Still a little gunshy to push my machine until she's properly tuned. Not $1000 tuned, but enough to not knock like a monster. haha

Given the condition my car was in when I not only drove her to and from the SO last year, but also raced and won a trophy, I couldn't not do it when my car was miles beyond where it was last year in terms of tune/performance/reliability/etc.

I wasn't planning to AutoCross her this year because I've never driven this car aggressively in anything but a straight line; not even so much as a tire-squealing on/off-ramp. But....seeing all the other guys doing it and given the fact that I'm a road-racer and not a drag-racer, I couldn't say no after dropping all the money and time to get to the SO.
In addition, I've never driven a turbo and/or AWD car at or near the limit, so there was definitely some getting used to. That and the depowered steering rack was brutal on my bad elbow.

I was pleasantly surprised given that she's a 20 year old car on run-of-the-mill street tires, and all stock handling-related components.

I had also only switched to SD the day before, but she was running like a top!

When I'm back in town we can go over your logs and start getting your car dialed in, if you want. Then maybe you won't be such a chicken to actually push the gas pedal! wink

Salomon is MaBoy and will be beging for his instructional.

Now I forgot to admit that I use to know how to do it but it has been about 10 years since I have Heeled Toed.

Rev matching is a current; Learned it from Me Dad; Old Man was a truck driver.

Ghislain

Well, being able to rev-match well puts you ahead of the game.

Heel-toe really isn't as hard as people make it out to be, it just takes practice, so I'm sure all of you guys will be doing it in no time! Once you get the hang of it you'll be doing it during daily driving in no time and when you finally hit the track, well, you won't even have to think about it because it will be second nature!

Ya; and I happend to have the coolest of them all!!!

Not gonna argue with you on that one!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 23, 2012 11:57 pm UTC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D_yGXUJRzE&feature=plcp

This the only way I know how to post vids so if ya want it removed let me know.

Salomon and jamie in a few minutes.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 24, 2012 12:04 am UTC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwprN9Gso_U&feature=plcp

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 24, 2012 04:14 am UTC

Whose 2g was that in the 2nd vid? Sounds badass

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 24, 2012 05:26 am UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Petro

That would be Jamie's.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 24, 2012 11:53 am UTC

That would be Jamie's.

And it is bad ars!!!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 24, 2012 01:37 pm UTC

Needs a big carbon fibre wing to match his hood!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 24, 2012 05:18 pm UTC

That would be Jamie's.

And it is bad ars!!!

sure is

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 25, 2012 01:39 pm UTC

but its sooo rich. pouring black smoke all over poor Tim's evo.
Posted By: Mike Rizzotti

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 25, 2012 04:10 pm UTC

It was nice to get a chance to talk with some of you guys! I had some issues with the car but nothing serious. My fault, generally not a good idea to make my first pass of the season in Ohio. wink

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 25, 2012 05:17 pm UTC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhek7rroc0s&feature=related

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 25, 2012 07:16 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Rizzotti
It was nice to get a chance to talk with some of you guys! I had some issues with the car but nothing serious. My fault, generally not a good idea to make my first pass of the season in Ohio. wink

Eh, at least we got the chance to lay an eye on your Car. I was a little worried when you got pushed back but gald that we did not hear anything bad chunching in the Tranny.

There is always next year.

Ghislain

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 26, 2012 03:19 pm UTC

Nice to see the maple leaf in this vid!

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 27, 2012 04:18 pm UTC

Salomon great job on your run. I can not seem to heel-toe in the evo. My brake feels too tall. Maybe i should try different shoes. I always wear sneakers when i do it. I do however rev match which i am embarassed to admit i never used to do. It was not untill I installed my Greddy triple disk clutch a few months ago that i realized how bad i drive smile If i dont rev match and simply downshift my clutch bites so hard it feels like i hit a wall. I only did it twice before i started blipping the throttle on downshifting. Unfortunately i take my foot off the brake for a second to do it which would not be good in autocross. I have managed to figure out how to do it really quickly. I am not sure if I will be able to do it in my car but i will have to get out there and practice. Maybe my feet are too small. I can not seem to reach. I could use some pointers too smile
Posted By: jerry white

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 28, 2012 12:58 am UTC

Did buschur get that 1g drag car he was working on running

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 28, 2012 02:11 am UTC

I've been practising since I got my car, first manual too.

I tend to use the side of my foot and roll into the accelerator, which makes the braking not too smooth either, but it works!

My shoe size is 10-10.5.

It's so satisfying when you heel-toe properly and get that smooth shift around a corner.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 28, 2012 11:21 am UTC

I am frustrated cause i used to heel toe in my mom's ford focus station wagon, but since I got my talon I have only attempted it a hand full of times and been annoyed with the space between the brake and gas.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 30, 2012 01:56 pm UTC

For those of you that came to the shoot out I decided to take some of the things I saw there and apply them to my car. I really did not like all the red under the hood

Before
[Linked Image]

After

[Linked Image]

What do you think? I think the silver looks way cleaner.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 30, 2012 02:11 pm UTC

I like it!

The red looks more "factory" though.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 30, 2012 02:21 pm UTC

Exactly my thought. I originally bought the k&n because it was red and matched the oem cover but after a while i missed all the bling bling polished IC pipes. I really want to find someone to make me a SS blow off recirc. That long rubber hose looks like a rad hose smile

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 30, 2012 02:38 pm UTC

Looks great Tim (y)

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 31, 2012 03:03 am UTC

I personally like the red accent. But yours looks good as well smile

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 31, 2012 03:59 am UTC

I think you shoud have gone blue..or paint the rad shroud blue . that would be cool.

As for the recirc pipe.. By a used HKS Safr of ebay for under $100, and just run it zero'd out.(or use it to tune a bit) It has a program that compensates for the sudden loss of air when the Bov opens so you can run it to the atmosphere. EIDS i think it was.. been awhile since I played with one. Then buy my Blitz BOV off me for $1000! hehhe that would be cool too!

Kiddin

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 31, 2012 01:04 pm UTC

Jay: I am running Cobb access port for my tuning. Maybe i can relocate the BOV and that would make it easier. Instead of needing a 90 degree bend i could move the bov to the front where the bend would be.
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 31, 2012 05:33 pm UTC

isn't there another forum for you guys?? tongue lol jk I'd love to own a evox. i also agree, the bling bling is better than the red. just out of curiosity, do you find that charge pipe gets heat soaked being that its routed over the engine?

kind of reminds me of the subies tmic. kind of silly isn't it.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 31, 2012 07:39 pm UTC

No problem with Heat soak. The exhaust is at the back now so heat is much better.
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - September 15, 2012 07:10 pm UTC

I am frustrated cause i used to heel toe in my mom's ford focus station wagon, but since I got my talon I have only attempted it a hand full of times and been annoyed with the space between the brake and gas.

get those clunky pedal covers that every riced out honda has tongue it'll close the gap lool

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - September 15, 2012 11:41 pm UTC

^^
This is exactly it. Even run just one cover if you only need to bring one pedal up..

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - September 16, 2012 03:19 am UTC

Hey did anyone grab the jayracing calander from there booth? I know tim did... In june.m they show a viper... But have a 4g63 in a little picture in the same month... Wtf... I really dont think those two things should be on the same page.

Re: 20th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - September 21, 2012 10:18 am UTC

Finally got some pics uploaded. View the album here:

http://photobucket.com/DSM2012Shootout
© 2024 Club DSM Canada