21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT

Posted By: Lucian Marta

21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - October 17, 2012 04:31 am UTC

Who is going? laugh I'll sure as hell be there again!

http://highboostforum.com/forum/showthread.php/28954-21st-ANNUAL-DSM-EVO-SHOOTOUT
Posted By: Salomon Ponte

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - October 17, 2012 04:53 am UTC

Already marked down on my calendar.

Will be there come hell or high water.
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - October 17, 2012 11:34 am UTC

I am going to do my best to make it out to this one! I am going to have to spy on Salomon and see if I can steal any of his fancy techniques he uses in the autocross.
Posted By: Jay Stacey

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - October 17, 2012 04:35 pm UTC

sandra and i are going. with hopfully 2 talons.
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - October 17, 2012 06:05 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Salomon Ponte

I'll also be there come hell or high water! smile even if i'm running on 2 cylinders and three wheels tongue

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - October 17, 2012 08:06 pm UTC

Sounds about how I was running at last year's ('11) SO...amongst other issues.

Also, for next year's SO. No writing on my windows by anyone unless you're a track marshal. Spent way too many hours cleaning that crap off and it stained the black outer window paneling and more. The red stuff was the worst...the white wasn't too bad but it also stained wherever somebody accidentally missed the window.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - October 17, 2012 09:08 pm UTC

I can't wait smile
Posted By: Jason Drew

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - October 18, 2012 08:15 pm UTC

I'll be there for sure, I was really depressed about missing this years frown
Posted By: Johnny Larmond

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - October 18, 2012 10:46 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Eng

I'll also be there come hell or high water! smile even if i'm running on 2 cylinders and three wheels tongue

So you plan on getting one of those can-am roadsters? I held you higher then this Mike.... Tisk tisk...

The event is marked and I want to be there! But even more so, I hope I'm employed an on OJT somewhere at that time....
Posted By: EK

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - October 21, 2012 11:46 pm UTC

I've got vacation to burn.. I'll be there again! dsm or lancer... hmm..
Posted By: Reza Mirza

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - October 22, 2012 06:03 pm UTC

I might even try to make it out with the wife for this one, since we can't ever get a decent DSM meet going in Canada. I got a lot of vacation to burn too smile Not sure if I should represent in the Mighty DSM or Ralliart. Hmmm....

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - October 22, 2012 06:40 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Eric Kellar
I've got vacation to burn.. I'll be there again! dsm or lancer... hmm..

Originally Posted by Reza Mirza
I might even try to make it out with the wife for this one, since we can't ever get a decent DSM meet going in Canada. I got a lot of vacation to burn too smile Not sure if I should represent in the Mighty DSM or Ralliart. Hmmm....

It's the DSM/EVO Shootout..not the DSM/EVO/RalliArt Shootout wink

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - October 22, 2012 07:02 pm UTC

Yeah Reza and Eric... bring your DSMs. There should be no question about it laugh

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - October 22, 2012 07:18 pm UTC

Nah I'm gonna come in my Ralliart, since I am just coming to watch wink

But since it is the DSM shootout, I guess everyone here with their DSM's will be competing............

NOT.......

Thought so tongue

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - October 22, 2012 10:09 pm UTC

everyone did last year... well except for ryan . and there are many ralliarts too.
Posted By: Ghislain Goudreau

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - October 22, 2012 10:31 pm UTC

Rezzzza!!!

C'mon Man. Bring the DSM and compete. We always go with tons of spare, CAA membership and a few bring along a Trailor.

Ghislain

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - October 22, 2012 10:55 pm UTC

I'll try my best smile Maybe if I can convince Helder to bring his DSM, truck and trailor I'll make it. Not that I want my car to break, but I'd rather be prepared for such a thing being we're so far from home.

Will CAA tow your car from Ohio to Ontario anyways?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - October 22, 2012 11:36 pm UTC

Looks like you didn't read the rules:

Quote:
"ECM TUNING sponsored-MAX EFFORT
-All DSM's, Ralliarts or other Mitsubishi powered shootout legal vehicles will compete in DSM."

"DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT DRAG RACES:
-Any Mitsubishi powered vehicle can run at the shootout as long as it has either the original engine in the car (Genesis Coupe, 420A, 1.8liter Mitsu, 4B11T, Stealth-3000GT, 3 liter Mitsu V6 etc.) or is powered by any of these Mitsu engines. Cars NOT powered by a 4G63 or 4B11T MUST run in either Bracket 1 or Bracket 2."

naughty grin tongue

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - October 22, 2012 11:51 pm UTC

Will CAA tow your car from Ohio to Ontario anyways?

200Ks at the time. We are just about 800 km from Norwalk so it would take about 4 "cards" to bring one car back.

Ghislain

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - October 23, 2012 12:09 am UTC

were thinking of either driving both cars and lending the trailer out. or we will drive one car and haul the other behind the truck. if we drive the truck we will be leaving the night before and taking our time. Its too hard on gas and the truck to keep up with jamie in his truck.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - October 23, 2012 01:48 am UTC

Originally Posted by Jay Stacey
were thinking of either driving both cars and lending the trailer out. or we will drive one car and haul the other behind the truck. if we drive the truck we will be leaving the night before and taking our time. Its too hard on gas and the truck to keep up with jamie in his truck.

FAK; few years back Scott trailored his car. We wuz driving 130/140 for most of the trip... I never asked him how much it costed. Maybe I should.

Ghislain

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - October 23, 2012 01:57 am UTC

Looks like you didn't read the rules:

Quote:
"ECM TUNING sponsored-MAX EFFORT
-All DSM's, Ralliarts or other Mitsubishi powered shootout legal vehicles will compete in DSM."

"DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT DRAG RACES:
-Any Mitsubishi powered vehicle can run at the shootout as long as it has either the original engine in the car (Genesis Coupe, 420A, 1.8liter Mitsu, 4B11T, Stealth-3000GT, 3 liter Mitsu V6 etc.) or is powered by any of these Mitsu engines. Cars NOT powered by a 4G63 or 4B11T MUST run in either Bracket 1 or Bracket 2."

naughty grin tongue

Ahaha...you know I'm just yanking your chain.

I've seen plenty of RalliArts...I'm still itching to see your beast of a car! Maybe I'll have to stop by Ajax on one of my many trips out to Belleville and back.

As for your comment about competing, I brought home a trophy last year and wasn't too far off one this year wink
Posted By: Tim Sedore

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 14, 2012 06:04 pm UTC

I will go again but this time I am taking Monday off. Sounds like i missed most of the fun on Sun since i had to leave early. I am looking into renting a trailer for next time. It was way too many kms for my car. Plus i dont want to risk breaking something while i am 800 kms from home

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 30, 2012 02:55 pm UTC

I'm about 1300km away, I'd love to run the car but I've chickened out every time so far. My friend is a CAA tow truck driver and he told me they charge $2/km after what CAA covers, so that's about $2200 to tow the car back. Would be far cheaper to hire a transport truck to haul the car back.

I'd love to find a 2 car trailer to bring my DSM and my friends Evo behind my truck but that's a lot of investment for a once a year thing, not to mention the minimum of $500 of diesel it would take.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 30, 2012 08:50 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Jason Drew
I'm about 1300km away, I'd love to run the car but I've chickened out every time so far. My friend is a CAA tow truck driver and he told me they charge $2/km after what CAA covers, so that's about $2200 to tow the car back. Would be far cheaper to hire a transport truck to haul the car back.

I'd love to find a 2 car trailer to bring my DSM and my friends Evo behind my truck but that's a lot of investment for a once a year thing, not to mention the minimum of $500 of diesel it would take.

We always drive together and a few guys trailor their car. That allows for a few option in case one guy breaks.

Aside from bringing a busted car on a trailor we can always use 4/5 CAA membership to bring a car back.

The DSM Quebec also trailor a few vehicles.

The experience is defenately worth it so "lift up your skirt" and come along.

Ghislain
Posted By: Garrett Logan

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 30, 2012 10:21 pm UTC

i'm really hoping to make it for this one...

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - December 01, 2012 03:42 am UTC

Originally Posted by Garrett Logan
i'm really hoping to make it for this one...

Don't hope, just come along!!!

Ghislain

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - December 01, 2012 07:20 pm UTC

i was going to this year but i got "in poo" at work, remember? when i say i hope i can make it, i mean i'm planning on it, but hope i don't frack it up for myself smile

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - December 01, 2012 09:29 pm UTC

You be just do'n fine!!!

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 08, 2013 12:03 am UTC

If i go next year i will trailer the car. That way i can make a few passes without the fear or breaking. I think u-haul rents car trailers.

http://www.uhaul.com/Reservations/EquipmentDetail.aspx?model=AT

I dont know how much it is or if i could get a lowered car on it but i will be looking into it for sure! It was a great time with a great bunch of guys.
Posted By: Jamie Valcamp

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 08, 2013 12:50 am UTC

Tim, a lowered car will definitely go on it. I have found it easiest to run the tow vehicle's rear tires up on car ramps to lower the back of the trailer. I also use 2X10's to extend the ramps further.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 08, 2013 02:14 am UTC

i donno... i watched ryans budy with a lowered audi drive off a uhaul car hauler and took out his fuel line on a peice of steel that giudes the tires.

what are you gonna haul the trailer with?

Is your car an auto?

Tim it can be done but uhaul dosent have winches on there car haulers.. so you have to drive it up.. Just have someone watch your cleanances so you dont bottom out.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 08, 2013 02:21 am UTC

BTW dont listen to anything Jamies says about hauling a car on a trailer! Hes not very good at it!!

lol.
Posted By: Tyler Minshall

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 08, 2013 06:49 am UTC

I used to put ramps under the rear tires of the truck to get my cars on my trailer of they were too low.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 09, 2013 02:32 am UTC

BTW dont listen to anything Jamies says about hauling a car on a trailer! Hes not very good at it!!

lol.

Thanks Jay!
Notice I didn't give any advice about strapping it down. Just loading.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 09, 2013 05:29 am UTC

That's great advice anyway. I was contemplating buying a cheap used trailer or renting one for the SO this coming season. Still weighing the need VS. want.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 09, 2013 02:36 pm UTC

a trailer is a need. i biult my car hauler into a utility trailer with sides. they come off when i need to haul a car.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 10, 2013 03:31 am UTC

Not a bad idea Jay. tu

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 10, 2013 11:17 am UTC

Insurance is easier on a utility trailer then a car hauler.. specially if own a business.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 11, 2013 01:29 am UTC

is there a webpage of the rules for the SO? I see in other threads a few of you talking about NHRA rules and wondering if any of it applies to the SO?
Posted By: Ryan Laliberte

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 11, 2013 03:19 am UTC

See the first post.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 11, 2013 04:14 am UTC

How did I miss that? rotflmao
Posted By: Michael Lee

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 14, 2013 09:41 pm UTC

...because Asian wink

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 15, 2013 12:15 am UTC

LOL thanks Mr. Lee
Posted By: Ron Korolak

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 20, 2013 06:21 pm UTC

Car is not even close to being ready but the days have already been booked off smile
Posted By: Shandon Lomoro

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 01, 2013 06:33 pm UTC

I'm banking a ton of vacation days working over seas right now. I'd like to go watch. My talon would never make it (150km range ha).

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 01, 2013 06:57 pm UTC

Rent a trailer and haul it with the Jeep smile

I also plan to attend, booked days off already too.

worst case, car pool with me because so far, I'm ridding solo. GF doesn't want go and my other buddies think I'm crazy to go.
Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 01, 2013 07:06 pm UTC

Slightly off topic, but I still have some videos here from last year's shootout.

I have four set aside for people who still haven't arranged to get theirs, plus SIX more still available...

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 01, 2013 07:15 pm UTC

haul its 1000km to go break it, ish I'll have to think about that. I'd most likely drag my gf down as well. I don't know how well a DSM seats 3. You could always get in with me in my jeep though.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 01, 2013 07:31 pm UTC

nono, I'd be renting or buying a flatbed trailer to haul with my MDX. it's a 7 passenger wink

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 01, 2013 07:33 pm UTC

Perfect haha, can that thing tow a car???

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 01, 2013 07:35 pm UTC

5,000lbs ya smile

Already have the hitch, just need a means to float the car, pack a sh!t ton of tools in the MDX. I MAY want to change my rear struts on the MDX before I do this venture and front rotors and pads.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 01, 2013 07:46 pm UTC

I think you're crazy, a trailer brake controller wouldn't be a bad idea either. Now that I looked up the specs the MDX isn't far off from my jeep in weight/towing. You'll just be turning 4000rpm the whole trip while I could tow it in 5th at 1800rpm.

If you need a hand getting anything ready let me know.
Posted By: Stephen Richardson

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 01, 2013 07:47 pm UTC

5,000lbs ya smile

Already have the hitch, just need a means to float the car, pack a sh!t ton of tools in the MDX. I MAY want to change my rear struts on the MDX before I do this venture and front rotors and pads.

I would double chech that. Last I cheched it was 3500lbs. Also depending on how many passangers and cargo.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 01, 2013 07:55 pm UTC

towing package brotha

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 01, 2013 07:57 pm UTC

Yeah! but even a boat trailler can only be 4500lbs. That is not the tranny you want overwork.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 01, 2013 08:32 pm UTC

A towing package includes a tranny cooler on the mdx. This is all info from our service advisors. Don't tell me they're wrong. tongue

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 01, 2013 08:40 pm UTC

Yes I have installed many towing packages. I am not saying your advisors are wrong, but that info does not jive with the owners manual. Check page 187. Also if you haven't put a rad in that thing yet, I would for cost it is well worth it before the cooler blows out while your are towing.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 01, 2013 08:51 pm UTC

New last year, along with a reman tranny smile previous owner expense of course.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 01, 2013 08:59 pm UTC

Good score! That like a 4 grand savings. Plus labour of course.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 01, 2013 10:44 pm UTC

Well keep in mind. My car hauler weighs 2000lbs. Its a bit heavy for the avarage trailer. My talon weighs what 3200 lbs. Thats over the 5000 mark. and they say keep it lower then the rating. My Envoy 4.2l inline six...is rated for 7000 lbs towing and has daul piston front brakes and a electric brake controller for the trailer. I was at my limit.. my tranny was working hard. Jamie has a bigger v8 motor in he was having no problems.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 02, 2013 01:37 am UTC

I had the uhaul carrier and my 1g awd on it and it was not bad for towing but without the electric brakes it was really heavy to stop.

When i had my own car hauler with electric brakes i could put the full 5000lbs on it and stop as if it was not there.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 02, 2013 02:36 am UTC

what were you hauling with tyler?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 02, 2013 03:54 am UTC

F150 with Tow/Heavy Service package.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 20, 2013 10:48 pm UTC

Holidays booked!

hey what do you convoy guys think about leaving at like 2am? wed get there around 10am when the plantation was ready. Give us more time to enjoy it.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 20, 2013 11:13 pm UTC

Leaving a little earlyer could definately be a good idea.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 20, 2013 11:25 pm UTC

if I take the truck and trailer.. I may go early regardless.. But If I drive the car(s) Then Ill convoy when ever.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 21, 2013 09:10 pm UTC

I dunno if I'm going to rock the Plantation this year. I'm thinking Motel 6 in Sandusky

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 21, 2013 10:44 pm UTC

Would be nice to know where any other Canadians attending are staying, wouldn't mind staying where everyone else is. I was staying at a nice place closer to Cleveland for a couple years when no-one else was going, but they have REALLY upped their rates...

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 21, 2013 11:31 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Shandon Lomoro
I think you're crazy, a trailer brake controller wouldn't be a bad idea either. Now that I looked up the specs the MDX isn't far off from my jeep in weight/towing. You'll just be turning 4000rpm the whole trip while I could tow it in 5th at 1800rpm.

If you need a hand getting anything ready let me know.

I missed this earlier, but you can bet your ass I'll be dropping you a line when the time comes wink

Oh, and I agree with Ziggy, seeing as this will be my 1st time going, I'd like to bunk up with you folks tongue

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 21, 2013 11:50 pm UTC

The best part was that we all were together. And the plantation is just freaking cool! And for the bugs. We didnt find any.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 02:06 am UTC

The best part was that we all were together. And the plantation is just freaking cool! And for the bugs. We didnt find any.

I tore my room apart at the plantation last year just to be sure, and not one bug. I think I'll end up back there again, it was good times (what I remember anyway)

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 02:10 am UTC

My plan is to go back to the Plantation BUT would consider somewhere in Sandusky. Key word here; consider.

Maybe we should meet at my place to discuss when I get back. I would provide the refreshments!!!

Ghislain

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 02:21 am UTC

I liked the plantation.. cause we had room for the trailers and we could work on the cars... plus hang out in the pool or the beach.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 02:37 am UTC

Plantation rocks that is a fact.

Glad to hear that you guys enjoyed the BugFree environment. Slurp!!!

Ghislain

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 06:29 pm UTC

I just received an email from the Plantation offering $20 off a 2 night stay if booked by March 1st.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 06:43 pm UTC

I just got the same email, LOL. Well guys, can we decide right now? Are we all staying at the Plantation again? Tomorrow is my last opportunity to book before March 1st.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 07:23 pm UTC

I believe yes.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 08:07 pm UTC

Can I get in on this too? Or is this "senior member's only" wink

LINK ME tongue

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 08:10 pm UTC

Aaaaaaaaaaah! I have 1 day to figure out if I can even go!?

Shiznit.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 08:16 pm UTC

It's easier to book and cancel rather than wait last minute to book and not find any vacancy.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 08:29 pm UTC

http://www.plantationmotel.com/

Is this the place?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 09:23 pm UTC

That's the one.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 09:24 pm UTC

Yes

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 09:27 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Michael Lee
Aaaaaaaaaaah! I have 1 day to figure out if I can even go!?

Shiznit.

Silly Michael, it's only $20 off. If you have to wait, it's not that big of a deal wink haha. (though, in the US of Eh, $20 will get you a LOT of liquor).

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 09:33 pm UTC

Who wants to book the house with us? It's a 3 bedroom home, we could all be living by the water for the weekend. Sleeps 8 people, 4 beds. House and a kitchen all to ourselves, if any couples are coming down... thoughts?

Cost savings??

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 09:47 pm UTC

How much is it per room Ryan?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 10:32 pm UTC

We will take a little cabin.. we like to play the TV really loud.........and rather not bother anyone.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 10:32 pm UTC

I'd love to commit to that, but as it stands, I'm flying solo frown

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 10:34 pm UTC

What are you guys booking for?

Thursday Aug 15th - Sunday Aug 18th??

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 10:36 pm UTC

there are 2 bed motel rooms for the single guys..they usually bunk up.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 10:37 pm UTC

Kinda wish I had a cool GF that was INTO cars...but then again, we'd be broke ALL THE TIME. tongue

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 10:37 pm UTC

We will be getting there thursday and leave monday i beleive.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 10:38 pm UTC

Ok I booked off the Friday, until Tuesday. So I should be good.

How many hours is it to drive from the GTA?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 10:39 pm UTC

Kinda wish I had a cool GF that was INTO cars...but then again, we'd be broke ALL THE TIME. tongue

Ya thats why my 97 is gonna be the high hp car... and her car will be the stock appearing low hp car.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 10:40 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Stephen Richardson
Good score! That like a 4 grand savings. Plus labour of course.

So I checked the hitch data sticker and it says "5000lbs max gross trailer weight".

Think the MDX can handle it?

When I go onto U-Haul's webpage, and specify my vehicle..the dual axle electric brake car trailer is an option for me.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 10:41 pm UTC

We left early thursday last year. It was 8 to 10 hour drive.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 10:42 pm UTC

OMG! This better be worth it!

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 10:44 pm UTC

If you seriously think otherwise I think you need to hand in the keys to your DSM and your membership on this board immediately.

That will be all.

tongue

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2013 10:50 pm UTC

I thought these guys were nuts! Driving all that way just to hang out with a few other dsmers....

Then Ryan payed me to go last year.......

It could be aanother wonder if the world! Like Buscher said in the video.. there isnt another car club gathering as big as this.! and theres tons of stuff to do! Its the woodstock of dsm. Thousands of people and their dsms.. all having a great time together for 3days.Dranking.. racing... checking out amazing worldrecord breaking cars! meeting all the dsm gods! Sandra found out how much she "enjoys" astanding by the dyno when a 900hp evo hits 9000rpms!

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 23, 2013 12:06 am UTC

It tiz!!!
Posted By: Deep Mann

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 23, 2013 12:18 am UTC

Damn I thought it was like 5-6 Hours.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 23, 2013 12:25 am UTC

well maybe from gta.. its 8 hours from belleville. But the trip is half the fun!
Posted By: Deep Mann

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 23, 2013 12:39 am UTC

Makes sense tongue

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 23, 2013 02:23 am UTC

Alright seeing as you guys put it like that (Salomon lol), I'm in anyway.

The GF has decided to join me to the GTA, she plans to spend the weekend there with her fam. And we'll convoy down smile

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 23, 2013 02:28 am UTC

well maybe from gta.. its 8 hours from belleville. But the trip is half the fun!

It's about 6 hours non-stop from Richmond Hill, that doesn't include any rest stops or the border crossing, so realistically 7.5-8 hours. From Belleville add another 2 hours to it and you get our 9-10 hour drive. We go at a decent pace but nothing overly quick (unless you ask Jay) and definitely nothing ticket-worthy.

We usually get a bunch of 2-way radios and have some lovely chats between the vehicles.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 23, 2013 04:13 am UTC

I'm up in the air about going this year, what with the new business launching and all. I'll try to make it, but no promises. If anything, Sam and I will be getting a room. Cabin wasn't worth it for us IMO and it was too far away to walk to grab sh!t.

If everyone's going to the Plantation this year, we'll go there, but at the same time, it was a pain in the ass to get to food and shopping which is why I was considering Motel 6 in Sandusky.

Besides, that's where all the action is! laugh

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 23, 2013 04:17 am UTC

I do plan on cruisin at night. We all got drunk and just stayed at the plantation last year.. This time well have a dsm there.

Cause it runs!!!!!!

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 23, 2013 04:28 am UTC

You'll be cruising alone! I'll be gettin' drunk!

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 23, 2013 04:46 am UTC

Jamie and I will be staying at the Plantation as per usual.

Can't beat the relaxed atmosphere, great crowd and no cops to deal with. Not to mention the management is very good about not hassling us for working on/playing around with our cars and there is LOTS of room for trailers/trucks/etc.

And not once in 3 years have I seen anything worse than a mosquito in the bedrooms or otherwise.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 23, 2013 06:34 am UTC

Edit: Please refer to other thread...

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2013 05:50 pm UTC

Sign me up!!! I want in on this fun! I'll be there this year laugh

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2013 05:58 pm UTC

Edit: Please refer to other thread...

Originally Posted by Johnny Larmond
Sign me up!!! I want in on this fun! I'll be there this year laugh

Let's go in on a house together! tongue

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 05, 2013 11:43 pm UTC

I'm booked at the Best Western, it's a good 13 hour drive for me, well when there isn't an accident on the interstate ugh! In 2011 I left my place at 6am Friday, got stuck in traffic half way across NY state for several hours, arrived at the motel at 11:30pm...still worth it.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 06, 2013 05:38 am UTC

You die hard tongue

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 17, 2013 03:37 pm UTC

91 days (3 months exactly) until the Shootout, boys.

Start stepping up your game if you plan to make it out.

laugh

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 16, 2013 08:30 pm UTC

We should get an ongoing list of whos going and where there staying. Im calling the plantation tomorrow to reserve.
Posted By: Lance McCabe

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 16, 2013 08:49 pm UTC

Has any one in the past booked with only a weeks notice? If so any trouble finding a spot?

I've tried to make for the last few years. Last year I ended up driving by like 4 days after the event ended. The way things are looking now I'll be going through a week before this year. I'm trying to make it happen but will not know until around a week before.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 17, 2013 11:56 am UTC

I have always booked WELL in advance, but I think the Plantation was not always booked fully...

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 17, 2013 07:46 pm UTC

Holy sh!t, it's almost time!

Time flies way too quickly.

Not sure if my group has booked anything yet, because we were missing out on one person.

MEng???

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 18, 2013 04:14 pm UTC

OMFG! ya....wtf! let's do this Mike. PM!

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 20, 2013 11:32 pm UTC

Reserved our tinny cabin. And remember, we will be bringing a trailer incase anyone breaks down.

So..

1. Jaystacey and Sandra----plantation(w/trailer)

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 20, 2013 11:34 pm UTC

Call the plantation toll free number and tell them your part of the Ontario group coming down for the Shoot out. They know what you mean and are expecting us. You dont have to use a credit card and you can pay when you get there.

Hes pretty cool, layed back kinda guy.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 21, 2013 12:49 am UTC

Are you bringing your car Jay?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 21, 2013 12:52 am UTC

ya... on the trailer... But if someone has issues, It will be availlable.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 21, 2013 01:06 am UTC

10-4 bud.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 21, 2013 01:43 am UTC

I should be making reservation within the next few "daze".

Driving and racing!!!

Ghislain

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 21, 2013 02:30 am UTC

I'm booked.
Probably trailering too.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 21, 2013 02:43 am UTC

I'll have my built tranny this year, so I'll be racing laugh

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 21, 2013 02:48 am UTC

Ill run the for fun races... but Ill leave the compitition races to the pros. Prolly only one day. so I can watch the races the next day.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 21, 2013 02:53 am UTC

Run Bracket Jay. If you're going to run, may as well compete. You never know unless you try.

I'm up in the air if I'm going or not this year. I really want to, but with business the way it is, it might be hard to get away.

I know the Plantation won't be booked solid for the weekend, so we'll see when time gets closer. I'd like to run either Max Effort, DSE or Bracket 1

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 21, 2013 02:59 am UTC

Growing up as a street racer.. the bracket thing dosent really apeal to me. Drag racing is balls out or nothing. Ill compete when Im running 7s. hehe.

Ryan do you qualify for stock looking turbo?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 21, 2013 03:10 am UTC

No, because my turbo doesn't look stock. smile

Bracket racing is still a competition, but it's also how well you know your car, and how well you can drive it. I'd still compete unless you want to lump yourself in to the guys who felt they weren't good enough, and a few Honda Civics......

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 21, 2013 04:01 am UTC

Originally Posted by Jamie Valcamp
I'm booked.
Probably trailering too.

Who are you trying to kid...we all know she's a trailer queen!

As for bracket racing...don't knock it! When you can knock down 5-10 runs with .05s of each other then we'll talk wink

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 21, 2013 09:47 am UTC

We will see .. Your right but thats the point.. I dont really know my car yet. Maybe I will by August.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 21, 2013 10:39 pm UTC

I'm booked.
Probably trailering too.

Who are you trying to kid...we all know she's a trailer queen!

By the sounds of it she's seen more miles than yours this year.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 06, 2013 05:31 pm UTC

Still looking for a possible 4th companion to join us at the plantation.

Anyone interested?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 13, 2013 03:54 am UTC

Reserved our tinny cabin. And remember, we will be bringing a trailer incase anyone breaks down.
knock on wood jay...

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 13, 2013 04:44 am UTC

I had a wooden keychain.. but the wife made me get rid of it. She thought it was silly.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 15, 2013 11:16 pm UTC

I'm definitely out. With 2 businesses on the go, I don't have time to get away. Last year's shootout will have been my last with a DSM.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 15, 2013 11:28 pm UTC

I'm out too, I just got loaded on the Breath Technician course. Kind of pivitol for my career.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 15, 2013 11:40 pm UTC

Pivotal, I believe. And you can't switch to get into another course? And Ryan, ESPECIALLY with two businesses on the go and no time, you REALLY need to take a brief break and enjoy yourself.

A wise person once told me that we only go around once, this is not a dress rehearsal. You will only have ONE opportunity in your entire life to attend the 2014 shootout.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 15, 2013 11:41 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Ryan Laliberte
I'm definitely out. With 2 businesses on the go, I don't have time to get away. Last year's shootout will have been my last with a DSM.

I'll hold you up to that!!!

Ghislain

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 15, 2013 11:53 pm UTC

Thats too bad guys. Ryan if it wasnt for you and Sam.. Me and Sandra would have never gone to shoot out.

But I agree. Eric.. Me and Sandra will be giving up future shoot outs for school.. And Ryan.. I gave up 4 years of my life to business. Just too bad.. you guys put aloat of time and money into your cars this year.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 12:09 am UTC

Looks like last year was THE year for Canada DSM'ers.

Gonna be a small convoy this year.

Ghiz, is Garrett coming/rooming with you?

On a different note...Eric, since you won't be there I expect to see you make some runs at Shannoville this year, and Ryan, you too once you get the converter/stall issue solved. Looking forward to seeing the Evo 8 you decide to pick up smile

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 12:15 am UTC

lMaybe we can hook up with the GTA guys on the way.

Id say we could hook up with the Quebec guys.. but they dont wanna stay with the rest of the Canadians.

Ya

I said it!

rotate

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 12:57 am UTC

Well if a miracle comes about, then sure I'll go.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 02:04 am UTC

I hear that! I know I havn't been to the S/O before. And the chances of me making it down are looking pretty grim. I feel like I'm THE ONLY DSM'r in Ottawa.

I have a suspicion I'll be cancelling this trip.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 02:20 am UTC

Id say we could hook up with the Quebec guys.. but they dont wanna stay with the rest of the Canadians.

Ya

I said it!

rotate

At last check, it was only 37% of us that wanted out, I'm not one of them!

I head south down to Mass. then head west from there, so if anyone wants to meet up on I-90 in Syracuse or Buffalo, let me know.

What the hell is up this year, bunch of dsm Quebec guys are choking out as well.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 02:21 am UTC

Oh whatever... just be in quinte area the night before.. or early thursday morning... and yoi can convoy with us!

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 02:31 am UTC

I hear that! I know I havn't been to the S/O before. And the chances of me making it down are looking pretty grim. I feel like I'm THE ONLY DSM'r in Ottawa.

I'll change my route and meet up with you on the 401 if it'll make you go.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 02:40 am UTC

Yeah that's a possibility.

I also have plans to visit family in West Virginia after the S/O, with my GF.

I was going to cross at Ogdensburgh. Reason being is I have a good history of crossing there without hassle.

So that being said, the 401 may not be a good place to cruise down together.

I need to figure out accommodations still.

Where is everyone staying?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 05:03 am UTC

the Breath tech course is a once in a career opportunity, if i pass it up I may never get it again. A bunch of my OPP buddies have been in 10+ years and they'd kill for my spot on the course.

I'll definitely be doing shannonville at some point, and whenever we figure out the invasion you can more than likely count me in.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 06:27 am UTC

Ya

I said it!

rotate

At last check, it was only 37% of us that wanted out, I'm not one of them!

I head south down to Mass. then head west from there, so if anyone wants to meet up on I-90 in Syracuse or Buffalo, let me know.

What the hell is up this year, bunch of dsm Quebec guys are choking out as well.

I'll change my route and meet up with you on the 401 if it'll make you go.

It would be awesome if you joined us for the whole ride down, but if joining us on I90, we always make a stop at the Angola Service Centre for gas and lunch as well.

Mike, thought you and Johnny are staying at the Plantation?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 01:30 pm UTC

Is ANYONE else staying at the Plantation? For a few years I stayed elsewhere, because I was the only DSMer at the Plantation..then a huge crowd started to go, so I went BACK to staying there. Now I am wondering if I am going to be the only DSMer there this year once again?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 01:54 pm UTC

Jamie Valcamp and I have our room booked there. I assume Ghiz tha Whiz will be staying there as well, but not sure if he's booked yet or not.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 02:20 pm UTC

I was going to cross at Ogdensburgh. Reason being is I have a good history of crossing there without hassle.

Ogdensburgh works for me, I'm a frequent crosser and can cross anywhere without issue, they know me on a first name basis around here lol.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 02:35 pm UTC

I've only ever been hassled coming back into Canada (go figure). Going across they never give me any problems at any of the border crossings. Some of them even crack a smile and a joke or two!

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 02:54 pm UTC

Plantation guys - what days are you booked in for?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 03:03 pm UTC

Plantation guys - what days are you booked in for?

Jamie and I have it booked Thursday (August 15th) afternoon check-in and a Monday (August 19th) morning checkout.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 03:39 pm UTC

If you don't mind me asking, they "hook" you up with any deals? Their rates aren't that good in comparison to room service type hotels.

like a 2 bedroom suite is $616 for 4 nights plus state tax? Which varies by municipality from 5% to 7.75%..how weird.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 03:47 pm UTC

Ogdensburgh works for me, I'm a frequent crosser and can cross anywhere without issue, they know me on a first name basis around here lol.

Let me see if I can get this organized first, then I'll worry about the route I'll take to get there. But I appreciate your kindly efforts to make me join you guys! smile

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 03:51 pm UTC

We paid $316.82 for 4 nights for a 2 bed room. (Plantation)

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 03:59 pm UTC

EACH???

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 05:16 pm UTC

EACH???

Total. ~$160/person for 4 nights.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 05:56 pm UTC

Sounds about right. I have one of the little single "cottage" style rooms, and I am only there for TWO nights (arrive Saturday, leave Monday morning), but I think it was between $150. - $200. all in with tax

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 07:34 pm UTC

We will be at the plantation thursday to monday. Were getting acottage room for around 350 I believe. And if you bring your car on a trailer. there is a really nice area to park the truck and trailer and drive you car off. and be able to park your car at your room door.Plus theres oodles of back roads around for testing on. You dont get that in the city hotels.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 08:00 pm UTC

WTF!

Why am I being quoted twice the price for the same accommodations?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 08:03 pm UTC

Go on the website.. they have an excelent booking page thatvtells you the rates. And you can compare rooms.. to suits.. to houses..

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 08:06 pm UTC

https://apps.gracesoft.com/pms/Online-Booking/RoomAdding.aspx?RoomFlag=1&PageNo=1

i dont know if you can see but the bottom is the total

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2013 08:34 pm UTC

Aww ok I used the online booking and it came to the same price as Sally's 2 bed room.

Hmm..gotta plan a few more things if this is going to work. I'll post back!
Posted By: Stephan Tanchak

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 17, 2013 05:17 am UTC

Out of the guys going to the S/O, would anyone like to get some cash for picking up a shortblock from someone? laugh

I would do it, but I got to get as much work as I can this summer.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 17, 2013 01:56 pm UTC

Don't think it would fit well on the back of the scooter..

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 17, 2013 02:10 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Ziggy Dietrich, RTM Racing
Don't think it would fit well on the back of the scooter..

You're thinking about this the wrong way...4G63-powered scooter smile

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 17, 2013 02:18 pm UTC

You going to do the swap for me on the Saturday afternoon? And where would I put the scooter engine to re-install after giving the engine to Stephan??

If you could solve those issues, I would LOVE to ride 4g63 powered scooter home from Ohio...

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 17, 2013 02:28 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Ziggy Dietrich, RTM Racing
You going to do the swap for me on the Saturday afternoon? And where would I put the scooter engine to re-install after giving the engine to Stephan??

If you could solve those issues, I would LOVE to ride 4g63 powered scooter home from Ohio...

Sure...should be quick and easy, I'm sure!

With the 4G in there you'll have plenty of pulling power:

[Linked Image]

One of those little trailers should be adequate!

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 17, 2013 07:38 pm UTC

LOL....but that is no scooter....that is a 6 cylinder, and almost as big as the 4g63 already, LOL at over 1.8l displacement.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 17, 2013 07:48 pm UTC

Sounds pretty intense! Ziggy, you're taking a scooter to the shoot out?

Also, it's just a shortblock. So, you'd need more on top of that tongue

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 17, 2013 07:51 pm UTC

Whats it all involve that you need to get i from the states? There arnt any more shot blocks around anymore? I know of a rebiuldable 7bolt.. and Id sell my 6bolt short block for the right price.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 17, 2013 08:06 pm UTC

It's a built 2.3L 7 bolt for $800. Figure it's a pretty good deal. Weisco pistons, eagle crank and rods. Has 800 miles on it.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 17, 2013 08:11 pm UTC

Where will it be?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 17, 2013 09:51 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Stephan Tanchak
Ziggy, you're taking a scooter to the shoot out?

That is the plan. I did last year. Unless the wife changes her mind and wants to come along, I will go by scooter again.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 17, 2013 09:57 pm UTC

Sounds like its no ordinary scooter. You have a page for it?
Posted By: Jeremy Gilbert

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 17, 2013 10:34 pm UTC

It's the one in his Avatar.

Didn't you know that Ziggy was Santa Claus?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 17, 2013 11:08 pm UTC

I thought that was him. Always dropping off such nice things. Don't tell him that it's not Christmas every couple days!

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 18, 2013 12:24 pm UTC

No, LOL, that is not the one. It is a Suzuki Burgman 650....a scooter intended for touring long distances. And it really isn't Christmas every day? I thought every day was a gift?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 18, 2013 05:14 pm UTC

So no scooter with a jet engine or something?

Every day the car starts is a gift. lol.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 18, 2013 07:47 pm UTC

Its a gas scooter.. So I really dont see why we cant mount a 13g turbo up to it!.. Ill donate the turbo! Then he can race it in the stock looking turbo class!

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 20, 2013 06:25 am UTC

I'd love to say "yup! I'll be there!" but I do have a major career move scheduled for right around that time. This is my dream job. so the S/O might have to be put on hold this year.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 22, 2013 10:00 pm UTC

OK guys, i am about 80% sure I am going. Has anyone done a roll call to see how many are going for sure? Will you be staying at the plantation again? Or are there other options? the place Ruben and I stayed at was a nice hotel right in town.

Who is bringing a trailer with them? That is my only hold up. Last time i was there my clutch cable gave out on me half way home so I am scared to make the long trek without some precautions.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 22, 2013 10:01 pm UTC

Recommended Local Hotels

**Motel 6-SPECIAL SHOOTOUT RATES, THEY WANT THE ENTIRE HOTEL SOLD OUT TO US!! 419-499-8001
Rates for Motel 6
16th, $46.74
17th and 18th, $80.74
19th, $38.24

That is where we stayed last year. The whole hotel was DSM'rs

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 23, 2013 12:08 am UTC

well Tim... if you leave with the rest of us.. then we could have put you on a trailer. I believe both trailers so far will be at the plantation.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 23, 2013 12:14 am UTC

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 23, 2013 01:21 am UTC

Are the trailers empty? I would pay gas if someone wants to haul me smile In the event that there are issues i will drive.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 23, 2013 01:22 am UTC

I will call the plantation to see if there are empty spots. I will come if i get to drive the GizMachine again! lol

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 23, 2013 03:32 am UTC

Jamie may not be bringing a trailer this year, Jay, so it may be just you with a trailer.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 23, 2013 04:10 am UTC

2. Jason Drew----Best Western

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 23, 2013 10:07 am UTC

Hes gonna drive his up?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 23, 2013 12:39 pm UTC

3. Tim Sedore-----Hotel undecided.

What day are you guys driving up?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 23, 2013 01:04 pm UTC

4. Ziggy---Plantation---arriving Saturday, leaving Monday am

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 23, 2013 01:23 pm UTC

4. Ziggy---Plantation---arriving Saturday, leaving Monday
5. Salomon Ponte - Plantation
6. Jamie Valcamp - Plantation

Jamie and I are booked and paid for. We will be leaving Thursday morning to drive up as we always do (always 1 day before the festivities start). Our plan is to leave first thing Monday morning and drive back then. Not sure if Jamie is bringing his car on a trailer this year or not.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 23, 2013 02:54 pm UTC

Is the show and shine on the Friday or the Sat? I was planning to leave first thing Fri am and leave on Monday. Last year i left on Sun and missed all the final races.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 23, 2013 03:01 pm UTC

Friday is the big show & shine/dyno competition/etc. at Buschur's shop.

Saturday is mostly autocross and Max Effort, with some qualifying runs for a few of the drag classes. And then Sunday is an all out dragathon. laugh

3.5 weeks. Damn...gonna be a tight finish for me to get this girl back on the road and in race-ready condition.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 23, 2013 03:03 pm UTC

I'll be arriving Friday evening, we're swamped at work so I can't take off more than two days.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 23, 2013 03:06 pm UTC

I have Fri booked off so I will most likely be coming up Thurs eve. I will leave right after work. Not sure i can get the extra day off frown

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 23, 2013 07:31 pm UTC

were leaving thursday morning.. Ill be showferring(spelling) My kids to the Black sabbath concert.. so Ill either be getting back from Toronto around midnight..sleeping a few hours and leaving for ohio Or just leaving during the night. And sleeping when I get there.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 23, 2013 07:44 pm UTC

7. Ghislain Goudreau - Plantation
8. Garrett Logan - Plantation

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 23, 2013 08:03 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Ghislain Goudreau
7. Ghislain Goudreau - Plantation
8. Garrett Logan - Plantation

Garrett is making out after all? Awesome...I remember my first time rotate

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 23, 2013 09:15 pm UTC

Yay Garrett ... but your not making out with me!

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 24, 2013 02:32 am UTC

I didn't realize how gay Sal's sentence was until you said that Jay, haha!

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 24, 2013 05:00 am UTC

OOPS.

Making IT out*****

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 24, 2013 10:19 am UTC

Loool.. guess I'm still a virgin then tongue

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 24, 2013 12:06 pm UTC

With all this making out that is going on I think I know why Jason chose a different hotel.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 24, 2013 02:26 pm UTC

The Quebeccer has to be slightly different wink

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 24, 2013 03:45 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Ghislain Goudreau

Garrett is making out after all? Awesome...I remember my first time rotate

LOL!! too funny...

yes, i'm making IT out this year, as long as my pistons don't explode on me. on the way there at least.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 04, 2013 01:45 pm UTC

Ok.. so should we start talking departure times.. strategic planning? should we(quinte area guys) get together with some beers and discuss?

Id like to leave earlier... but I will stay with the group just case someone needs a trailer.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 04, 2013 02:41 pm UTC

We should definitely meet. I could provide accommodation for this meeting; How about Sunday 11th Aug at about 20:00; that would be 8pm for you civies...

Ghislain

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 04, 2013 04:09 pm UTC

I think i'm on duty that weekend Giz...but if all goes well, I could maybe join the beer drinking contest...I mean meeting...

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 04, 2013 07:31 pm UTC

Lets not be insecure here guys!!!

Ghislain

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 04, 2013 09:56 pm UTC

Im good. Works for me.
Posted By: Corte Beech

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 05, 2013 05:39 am UTC

I hopefully am going. If my brother finally gets his car done we'll probably head down with marco, but if not I'll meet up with you guy's if that's cool?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 05, 2013 11:34 am UTC

you live in trenton? where's this Evo III??!! my second favorite to the VII.
Posted By: Ian Burnside

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 05, 2013 04:45 pm UTC

Ill be heading down by myself and hopefully meet up with you guys saturday or sunday. Visiting with friends about an hour south of the track. If someone can keep in touch with me via email, that would be amazing

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 05, 2013 08:15 pm UTC

I don't think any of us use data once we're across unless we have wifi hookups. I just buy a text plan...much more cost effective. I can do texts, just let me know.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 06, 2013 01:42 am UTC

Plantation had wifi last time i was there. Using my cell there last time cost me way to much. Just turning it on was expensive. Looking for alternatives, cell phone people just advise you to turn your phone completely off. Even in airplane mode,messages are received and will incur charges.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 06, 2013 01:46 am UTC

Even facebook messaging works for me

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 06, 2013 01:55 am UTC

I turn off data and just get a US texting plan.

$15 for 400 incoming/outgoing text messages total. Valid for up to 30 days. I'm with Koodo, but other companies have similar plans available.

http://help.koodomobile.com/Portals/0/Travelling/USRoaming_E.pdf

I know the Plantation has (crappy) wifi, but we won't be there 90% of the time, which is why I suggested text.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 06, 2013 02:29 am UTC

Thats good to know,ill have to confirm with telus tomorrow.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 06, 2013 03:32 am UTC

I'm with Telus and just buy the $40 roaming combo package for a month.
Posted By: Mike Kuttschrutter

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 06, 2013 03:03 pm UTC

For the guys going down Thursday, what route are you taking?
I may see if I can merge into the convoy.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 06, 2013 03:26 pm UTC

We take 401 East, then QEW/403 to the border (Peace Bridge) and then take I90 all the way. We always make a stop at the Angola Service Station for lunch/fuel once across the border. We usually stop before the border for gas, as Angola is still a bit of a drive from the border.

Edit: This is pretty much our exact route: http://goo.gl/maps/0T3XI

Which doesn't include pit stops, of course.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 06, 2013 03:51 pm UTC

Hum. Looks like almost an extra 100kms if I go through Niagra way.

Anyone going through Windsor??

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 07, 2013 10:50 am UTC

We were actually thinking we might detour slightly around Cleveland this year. as much as I'd like to stop in to say hi to our furniture store buddy again, it would be nice avoid Cleveland traffic.
Map says it only adds about 6 minutes but in reality probably saves about 30 min.

http://goo.gl/maps/nHthX

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 07, 2013 12:40 pm UTC

I would think it would depend on the time of day you are going through there....If you miss rush hour, it should not be too bad.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 07, 2013 01:58 pm UTC

I'm always down to explore, so I don't mind if we detour around Cleveland.

Who's got (working) walkie-talkies? - Jamie? Ghiz?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 07, 2013 04:43 pm UTC

I have one set.

Ziggy, we usually leave around 7am which puts us in Cleveland at rush hour. We don't want to leave any later because we would get in too late and much earlier is too painful.
Every year I've gone, we've hit some pretty heavy traffic.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 07, 2013 06:31 pm UTC

We were actually thinking we might detour slightly around Cleveland this year. as much as I'd like to stop in to say hi to our furniture store buddy again, it would be nice avoid Cleveland traffic.
Map says it only adds about 6 minutes but in reality probably saves about 30 min.

http://goo.gl/maps/nHthX

Your route has us taking the 407. If we don't, then this is the same route minus a slight change:

http://goo.gl/maps/L7nN6

According to google, the time is just 1 minute more, although we all know the 407 at the time of the morning/day will save us more. Would prefer to avoid it though, personally. The SO trip is always expensive enough as is!

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 07, 2013 07:54 pm UTC

Are you taking your truck Jamie?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 07, 2013 11:49 pm UTC

Yes, I'm taking the truck. Just working out trailer options right now. Will definitely have straps over the wheels though.

I agree, let's avoid 407 on the way down. I never found 401 too bad.
I'd like to see the route Ghiz has in mind. Apparently the Quebec guys have a route to avoid Cleveland as well.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 08, 2013 01:50 am UTC

When were in the states... can we remove our front plates?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 08, 2013 02:06 am UTC

Remove it. They won't care.. while your at it take it to the scrap yard. Then used that 50 cents to by some property in detriot. It is bound to appreciate.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 08, 2013 03:04 am UTC

Yes, I'm taking the truck. Just working out trailer options right now. Will definitely have straps over the wheels though.

I agree, let's avoid 407 on the way down. I never found 401 too bad.
I'd like to see the route Ghiz has in mind. Apparently the Quebec guys have a route to avoid Cleveland as well.

In the 3 years I've gone, I've always gone through Cleveland and never ran into any issues, traffic really has never been bad or anything like Montreal at least.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 08, 2013 07:02 am UTC

I haven't found Cleveland to be THAT bad, usually, except when there's been construction. Even when it's busy, we tend to get through it pretty quick.

And Jay, I just don't run a front plate at all. They usually ask me about it at the border...I just say it's in the back. Hahaha

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 08, 2013 12:00 pm UTC

would be nice, but my front plate holder has made an ugly spot on my bumper.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 08, 2013 01:09 pm UTC

1 Week and we'll be on our way to Ohio at this time!

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 08, 2013 01:16 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Stephen Richardson

Remove it. They won't care.. while your at it take it to the scrap yard. Then used that 50 cents to by some property in detriot. It is bound to appreciate.

Bahaha, this made my day.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 08, 2013 02:00 pm UTC

I'm thinking I may leave a little earlier, say maybe 1am or so Friday morning so I can get to Buscher's around noonish. That's if I can get my friend out of bed lol.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 08, 2013 02:03 pm UTC

Btw, for anyone going. Make sure your CAA is renewed and up to date. Mine expires/d the 15th of August, so I just renewed it to make sure no issues.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 08, 2013 04:48 pm UTC

I haven't found Cleveland to be THAT bad, usually, except when there's been construction. Even when it's busy, we tend to get through it pretty quick.

You just look forward to flying around that sharp 90 deg bend on the Innerbelt Fwy. Those of us towing - not so much!

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 08, 2013 05:18 pm UTC

Damn, you caught me. Personally, I think some trailer drifting would be quite entertaining, just as long as I'm not directly behind you and the car is strapped down (wait, you need to do this?)

For anyone planning on making a stop at Harbor Freight (it pains me to spell Harbour without a 'u'), here are some coupons/discounts:

http://www.dealsoff.com/harbor-freight-coupons/

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 08, 2013 06:14 pm UTC

You just need a heavier tow rig *cough* tongue

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv259/jdxnc/533412_10151720566360538_761243400_n_zpse668b961.jpg

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 08, 2013 07:38 pm UTC

That, but in a crew cab and I'm set.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 08, 2013 07:41 pm UTC

That, but in a crew cab and I'm set.

Will this do?

[Linked Image]

You can throw all of our cars on the trailer that thing could pull smile

Or perhaps your more of an International fan than GM:

[Linked Image]

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 09, 2013 12:27 am UTC

Oh. Pick. Me.

drool

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 09, 2013 03:50 am UTC

Damn, you caught me. Personally, I think some trailer drifting would be quite entertaining, just as long as I'm not directly behind you and the car is strapped down (wait, you need to do this?)

For anyone planning on making a stop at Harbor Freight (it pains me to spell Harbour without a 'u'), here are some coupons/discounts:

http://www.dealsoff.com/harbor-freight-coupons/

that's awesome...I could use a few tools...I need to look through the garage and have things in mind before I go, and get those things only...I once spent 3 hours in princess auto...wtf I felt like a chick...

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 09, 2013 03:59 am UTC

Don't forget you can bring back $800 worth of merchandise tax free after 48 hours laugh

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 09, 2013 11:37 pm UTC

Just found out my work schedule has changed. As it stands I will not be leaving Thursday morning with the rest of you guys. Best case is I will make half the trip Thursday night after work and meet up with you guys Friday at Buscher's.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 10, 2013 04:19 pm UTC

I can not leave till Thurs night. I will be leaving Thurs after work. Probably around 6 from Oakville. Jamie if you are able to [pass through at that time we can follow each other.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 10, 2013 05:00 pm UTC

safety in numbers...Giz and I were going to follow you Jamie...who's leaving Thursday morning?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 10, 2013 08:10 pm UTC

Oh what ever.... if you guys are all leavin thursday night... then were not waiting till 7 am to leave.. we will prolly leave earlier. I believe that onlyleaves Salomon.. I assume he will leave with Jamies group.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 10, 2013 08:45 pm UTC

I would still leave Thursday morning.

You guys come over to my place tomorrow night around 8pm for a few beers.

Ghislain

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 10, 2013 08:49 pm UTC

Ill come over for beers!

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 10, 2013 10:27 pm UTC

i can't tonight Giz, i have to make Josh's girlfriend never want to drink again...it's her 19th.

you busy tomorrow?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 10, 2013 10:33 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Garrett Logan
...you busy tomorrow?

Ya; tomorrow night guys at 20:00hrs or 8pm for the civies.

Ghislain

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 10, 2013 10:36 pm UTC

Maybe it wasnt enough military terminoligy for him Ghiz...lol.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2013 01:14 am UTC

I'm leaving Thursday morning.

I will come up Wednesday night and stay at Jamie's place - if he can leave with us, awesome, if not, then I guess it's just Ghiz, Garrett, Jay and me. Or maybe just Jay and me.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2013 01:17 am UTC

Garrett and I will be part of the "caravan".

See you then.

Ghislain

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2013 04:37 am UTC

Tim, I will keep you posted on my departure time. If it works out, we'll meet up on my way through.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2013 11:57 pm UTC

Ok Jamie. My wife does not get paid for her days off and is already taking off Fri and Monday. So I will leave once she gets home on Thurs around 5:30-6

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2013 11:58 pm UTC

I just got back from Brightside. Rob C gave me a make over for the shoot out smile
Posted By: Terry S

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2013 01:54 am UTC

Originally Posted by Tim Sedore
I just got back from Brightside. Rob C gave me a make over for the shoot out smile

Ummm...any pictures?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2013 02:21 am UTC

I'm leaving here around 4am Friday, so I should be at the 1000 islands bridge by 8am, so if anyone want to join up, let me know.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2013 12:06 pm UTC

Terry I did it Matte Bronze to match my rims. The pic does not pick up the metallic flake in it. But it all flows better now IMO.

[Linked Image]

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2013 12:15 pm UTC

Thats some top notch work right there, I would love to see some rim pics too (but maybe in another thread of corse)

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2013 12:55 pm UTC

Tim, definitely a step up, that is a really good look!

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2013 04:20 pm UTC

I'm leaving thursday morning sometime and will meet up with you guys friday. What time will you guys be leaving for the festivities on friday?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2013 05:15 pm UTC

Plan is to get a feed a Starcks and be at the shop around 10:00.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2013 09:32 pm UTC

If theres anything you guys want me to bring let me know tonite so I can swing by tomorrow.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 13, 2013 12:02 am UTC

Also... what about meating at the gas station with the timmies across from px chrysler. The new one. with the car wash..

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 13, 2013 12:51 am UTC

Im not familiar with the area, so ill just meet you guys at the plantation. What time would you be leaving for breakfast at?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 13, 2013 01:31 am UTC

After we all wake up:-)

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 13, 2013 03:40 am UTC

I would leave the Plantation between 08:30 and 08:45. That would allow us plenty of time to have breakfast and get to the shop early enough to ensure good parking spots.

Ghislain

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 13, 2013 08:42 pm UTC

Sounds good to me. Ill have to leave around 7 to meet up with you guys for 830. I'll post back here if something terrible happens and i cant make. Otherwise ill be there between 8 and 830.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 15, 2013 01:59 am UTC

I'm really stoked, I don't know if i'll be able to sleep...Giz, don't think I won't need a nap after we cross the border tongue

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 15, 2013 04:45 am UTC

I'm hoping to be there around 3pm Friday, see you all there.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 15, 2013 12:34 pm UTC

I have had a little accident and injured my foot. I am not sure I will be able to make it frown

I have parts here for Giz and Salomon...if you want, you can swing by on the way down or on the way back if I don't make it and pick up. I am only 2 minutes or less off the highway..
Posted By: Jeremy Gilbert

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 15, 2013 01:13 pm UTC

Sorry to hear that Zig! Hope you heal up quickly.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 15, 2013 01:54 pm UTC

Thanks...I just pray it heals up AT ALL...even if not quickly. I am diabetic and supposed to be taking better care of my feet...

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 15, 2013 02:21 pm UTC

Catch you all on the other side, I'll be there in the white Elantra.

Safe drive to everybody, and Ziggy get better!

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 15, 2013 03:49 pm UTC

Get better Zig!

Safe travels DSM.orgERs! Have a blast and take lots of pictures/videos!

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 15, 2013 05:00 pm UTC

Enjoy the journey folks!

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 15, 2013 05:35 pm UTC

I need tomorrow to give my car a once over.
I'll see you guys on Sat! Be safe.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 15, 2013 07:10 pm UTC

Well its 3:08pm.. and me , sandra , ghis, and Garrett are at the Angola service station in ohio..... I think. Everthing is going well..

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 15, 2013 09:42 pm UTC

We're catching up. Here at Angola at 5:35pm. Can't wait to land at the Plantation and crack a cold one. Get some on ice for us.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 15, 2013 10:32 pm UTC

Did anyone bring a bbq? Should I look at bringing one?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 16, 2013 02:58 am UTC

yes

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 16, 2013 02:59 am UTC

No BBQ here yet.
When are you arriving Mike?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 16, 2013 03:24 am UTC

Gunna leave sat morning. Be there around 2-3ish??

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 16, 2013 03:33 am UTC

Head to wakeman first then... Thats where we will be... Buschers shop is hosting bbq and dynos

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 16, 2013 04:41 am UTC

Ike; we are here. We are in room 101, 102 and 104. Be here early otherwise no bacon gravy for you.

Love

Giz!!!

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 16, 2013 04:56 am UTC

Tim and Julie Sedore Just showed up! I heard the awsome sounding Evo from down the road!

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 16, 2013 06:18 pm UTC

Toss some pics up for us non-attendees bird

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 16, 2013 08:13 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Terry Sikora
Toss some pics up for us non-attendees bird

It's like a secret cult meeting (that everyone knows about)...you can't see what goes on unless you come laugh

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 16, 2013 08:59 pm UTC

Or slanted Jay shares some video tongue

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 16, 2013 11:16 pm UTC

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Kyle Guba

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2013 01:59 am UTC

Dirty evo!
Posted By: Alex Akachinskiy

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2013 02:29 am UTC

awesome!!! more pics please

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2013 04:05 am UTC

We all went for a little test & tune at the track tonight.

Knocked off a personal best on my 2nd run ever with an E16G.

25psi. Launching at 5250rpm. Shifting at 7750rpm.

12.67 @ 108.85mph.
1.80 60'.
3.9s 0-60mph.

Let off twice (had some knock).

Still a lot left on the table. 2 more days lefts. No meth, 11-second E16G here we come.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2013 04:56 am UTC

The Black Pearl made its first successfull pass..

Bogged off the launch and ran a 14.2 at 19psi..Lost against Garret by a 10th

Tomorrow Im gonna launch better and turn up the boost.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2013 12:16 pm UTC

I made my first pass on the new tranny, 12.6 @109, letting off in 4th due to knock. I was nervous as hell, first time on this transmission and a welded center diff. Went ok though, this track is a lot stickier than I'm used to.

Now I need to tune for the meth and see what I can really do.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2013 02:26 pm UTC

Sounds like you guys are having a blast! Rep Canada tu

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2013 11:26 pm UTC

Yummmmm evo drool

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 18, 2013 12:19 am UTC

Set my lauch to 5000 rpms and launched the DSM way!

Got a ract of .576.. 60' of 1.865.. et.13.51!

problem was I couldnt find 3rd... So I spent alot of time with the clutch in!

Second run was gonna be better... But I over heated.

Maybe tomorrow!
Posted By: Wade Harrison 2

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 18, 2013 02:46 am UTC

Sounds like fun tu In the first pic that looks like 'LIL EVO's big turbo awd Colt/Summit

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 18, 2013 10:43 pm UTC

What type of fuel you guys pump there, more importantly octane ? smile

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 19, 2013 04:18 am UTC

Originally Posted by Alex Akachinskiy
What type of fuel you guys pump there, more importantly octane ? smile

i think we all ran 93...the track had 110 and 112 for sale, but like $9 a gallon...

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 19, 2013 06:14 pm UTC

I was running 93 pump + meth.

My best run was a 12.2 @ 111, 0.43 reaction and 1.7 60'.

Now I need to actually tune the car for the meth and get it deep in the 11's.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 19, 2013 07:52 pm UTC

The 93 in the States was probably worse quality than our 87 here. It was AWFUL. I had to get rid of SO much timing to run it on that fuel down there that I never had any issues with on our fuel up here. Quite a few people have mentioned how bad the fuel is.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 19, 2013 08:40 pm UTC

The 93 in the States was probably worse quality than our 87 here. It was AWFUL. I had to get rid of SO much timing to run it on that fuel down there that I never had any issues with on our fuel up here. Quite a few people have mentioned how bad the fuel is.

It varies a lot from company to company. I buy all my gas in the US but only from Mobile, Shell and Irving tend to make my car knock happy.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 19, 2013 08:54 pm UTC

It varies a lot from company to company. I buy all my gas in the US but only from Mobile, Shell and Irving tend to make my car knock happy.

I was only buying from Shell given that they're reputed to be the best here and Shell 91 in Canada (Ontario, anyways) is THE gas to have (0% ethanol, etc.). It's what all the classic car guys use, etc. I use Petro 94 here, and I have had WAY better success with it than the Shell crap I bought down there. My car was knocking more than a Mormon in a new neighbourhood.

I'l have to try Mobile next time I'm down there!

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 20, 2013 12:08 am UTC

glad HD tranny running strong so far. Are you still on stock rods?

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 20, 2013 12:13 am UTC

Originally Posted by Alex Akachinskiy

glad HD tranny running strong so far. Are you still on stock rods?

Awesome so far, shifts like a dream.

100% stock block 7 bolt.

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 20, 2013 02:31 am UTC

or fill up with the at the track 112 and run timing up the ying yang smile

or it's probably similar to Canadian 94 :|

Re: 21st ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 20, 2013 02:39 am UTC

I was only buying from Shell given that they're reputed to be the best here and Shell 91 in Canada (Ontario, anyways) is THE gas to have (0% ethanol, etc.). It's what all the classic car guys use, etc. I use Petro 94 here, and I have had WAY better success with it than the Shell crap I bought down there. My car was knocking more than a Mormon in a new neighbourhood.

I'l have to try Mobile next time I'm down there!

I've had better luck with the Mobile 93 than the PC 94, and at half the cost. It all goes to hell after they start switching to winter blend as well.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada