23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT

Posted By: Stephan Tanchak

23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 05, 2014 02:39 am UTC

Speaking of last years, the 23rd shootout is scheduled!

I hope to see more people this year, its an event you DO NOT want to miss!!

http://highboostforum.com/forum/showthread.php/29294-The-23rd-Annual-SHOOTOUT-August-7-9th-2015

Countdown
Posted By: Ghislain Goudreau

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 05, 2014 02:40 am UTC

Planning to attend and participate. Will be my 14 or 15, kind of lost the count...

Ghislain

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 05, 2014 02:54 am UTC

This will be only my second one I will be attending, but I can assure everyone, its not something you want to miss. By far was the BEST time I had all year.

Hopefully I can figure out a way to trailer my car over so I can safely participate. It's a VERY sticky track from what I've seen.
Posted By: Salomon Ponte

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 05, 2014 03:01 am UTC

Originally Posted by Stephan Tanchak
This will be only my second one I will be attending, but I can assure everyone, its not something you want to miss. By far was the BEST time I had all year.

Hopefully I can figure out a way to trailer my car over so I can safely participate. It's a VERY sticky track from what I've seen.

It's called man-up and race her anyways. wink

This will be Shootout #5 attended for me. Now that I'm not even 2 hours away it should make my life even easier.

They made the SO earlier this year so I'm hoping the 4G Dragster will finally be able to make it out (always had a series race the weekend of the SO).

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 05, 2014 03:05 am UTC

Originally Posted by Salomon Ponte
It's called man-up and race her anyways. wink

Well, seeing as I'll only race it if I can get a mid 10 second pass here, that would be quite a risk to take. tongue
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 05, 2014 03:30 am UTC

Stacey always advertises that he has the trailer if anyone needs it on the way back.

I think this will be my first, my financials will be stabilized by then so should make things easier.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 05, 2014 03:31 am UTC

All I read is
Excuses, excuses, excuses!!!
rotate

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 05, 2014 03:46 am UTC

Lol. It's pretty much a lie anyway.

I told everyone I wouldn't race last year, Giz told me I should at least do the autocross once we started drinking, so I agreed and then ended up racing in the morning. Lol
Posted By: Jason Drew

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 05, 2014 04:54 am UTC

I'll be there again as well, it's a must!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 05, 2014 09:39 pm UTC

...Giz told me I should at least do the autocross once we started drinking, so I agreed and then ended up racing in the morning...

Just amazing how one can grow ballz after a few beerz!!! Now it's time to pick up your purse and drive the car and race the hell of if it. We can always fit it "IF" it breaks or trailer it back home if you have a major malfunction.

Ghislain
Posted By: Ian Burnside

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 06, 2014 01:21 am UTC

If I go this year, Ill be staying at the hotel with everyone else. No more driving 1.5 hours every morning to get there for breakfast. Supper at that bar is in order again, biggest club house ive ever seen.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 06, 2014 01:44 am UTC

Originally Posted by Ian Burnside
If I go this year, Ill be staying at the hotel with everyone else. No more driving 1.5 hours every morning to get there for breakfast. Supper at that bar is in order again, biggest club house ive ever seen.

Your clock must be damn fast - it's nowhere near that long to get to breakfast. tongue

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 06, 2014 01:50 am UTC

If we can secure me a trailer ride home in case of breakage, then I'll race.

Sal, it took him 1.5 hours to get to breakfast because he came in his lancer rotflmao
Posted By: Mike Kuttschrutter

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 06, 2014 02:10 am UTC

Dude, trailer???
Did you see all the tools and parts people brought?
I think between our group we had more tools than a typical local mechanic...

I was happy that I brought a rachet and prybar....

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 06, 2014 02:13 am UTC

Yeah, but being at the shootout, I'd rather be drinking than trying to find a replacement tranny and swap it in.

The crank pulley was already difficult enough! lol

I did like Giz's stash of parts he brought though. Man came prepared!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 06, 2014 02:17 am UTC

Yeah, but being at the shootout, I'd rather be drinking than trying to find a replacement tranny and swap it in.

The crank pulley was already difficult enough! lol

I did like Giz's stash of parts he brought though. Man came prepared!

You worry too much. Race, drink, enjoy. Multiple people typically have trailers and if not CAA will get you back across the border too - I just had to do that with my POS Mazda a few weeks ago. I'm sure someone would volunteer a call to get the 2nd tow to get you home (you can't piggyback calls from one account).

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 06, 2014 02:20 am UTC

Let me tell you how I work. I will say I wont race, I will prepare the car to race, get there saying I wont race, drink, say I will race but not go full out, wake up, look at fast cars, race full out. Thats how its ALWAYS been for me at least, lol. I like to live with a little denial.
Posted By: Stephen Richardson

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 06, 2014 02:27 am UTC

Jesus Stephan! Then dont take your car. Easy as that. Either fracking decide to or decide to watch. Pretty sure even if you broke down there would be plenty of help to get you rolling again. Or rent a fracking uhaul and tow the bitch home.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 06, 2014 02:30 am UTC

Just said I will race, but I stay in denial until the day of/before.

If you prefer though, I'll just be straight up and say, yes, I will be racing the Spyder.
Posted By: Luke Smith

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 06, 2014 03:13 pm UTC

I'm hoping to make this my first year to make it to the shootout. Almost done the car, so will have plenty of time to make sure everything is right before the trek to Ohio.
Posted By: Jay Stacey

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 06, 2014 09:24 pm UTC

Id like to say were going. But if not.. At the very least, Ill be trailering someone else!
Posted By: Reza Mirza

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 06, 2014 09:31 pm UTC

I'll plan in advance next year and trailor my car down to race. I realized that you don't even need to make hotel accomodations unless you want to stay where everyone else is and shoot the sh!t all night.

There are plenty of places to stay near/in Norwalk without making reservations smile

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 06, 2014 10:08 pm UTC

Well. We got stuck with all the drunks at the Plantation, cause we could not get a more private cabin.

Lol....

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 06, 2014 10:39 pm UTC

Jay, looking to tow someone, eh? smile

You know you wouldn't rather have been anywhere else other than with other drunk Canadians.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 06, 2014 11:57 pm UTC

Nono.. I wanted the private cabins at the Plantation... I didnt want the motel rooms with the loud party out side my door!! Lol.. I would have still been there..

And there has been a list of people who want a tow.. Started 4 years ago.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 07, 2014 12:24 am UTC

Originally Posted by Jay Stacey
...I didnt want the motel rooms with the loud party out side my door!!...

You gett'n old Boy.

Ghislain

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 07, 2014 09:53 pm UTC

Add me to that list and I'll cover your food and gas wink
Posted By: Corte Beech

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 07, 2014 11:03 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Reza Mirza

Add me to that list and I'll cover your food and gas wink

That's a good deal!

I wonder if i'll actually get my Galant down there this time, Lol. Really wanna do max effort with it...
Posted By: Lucian Marta

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 08, 2014 03:29 am UTC

I'll be there yet again.
Posted By: Garrett Logan

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 08, 2014 02:59 pm UTC

as long as I can get my transmission rebuilt and axles fixed by then I should be able to make an appearance...that's if the engine holds up...

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 09, 2014 11:24 pm UTC

Nono.. I wanted the private cabins at the Plantation... I didnt want the motel rooms with the loud party out side my door!! Lol.. I would have still been there..

Should have said something!! I didn't want my cabin. I was expecting a hotel room. We could have switched.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 10, 2014 12:13 am UTC

I think We thought about it.. But we were already settled in and completely wasted!!
Posted By: Kyle Dolson

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 22, 2014 04:54 pm UTC

How much does this trip typically cost you guys? Say all goes well and you drove your car down and up with no problems.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 22, 2014 04:58 pm UTC

With or without buying parts for great deals?

I think it cost me $~450 and that was from Thursday-Sunday.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 22, 2014 05:30 pm UTC

I go with my wife.

We pay about 300 for a room at the plantation.
We tow the car so gas totals around 350 including what we put in the car.
Ive heard people who just drive thier cars there pay around 200.
Racing can cost up to 90 and to park with the group you have to be a racer... Even if you dont end up racing... And wanna just be part of the group. There are a few that do.

Food is what we normaly spend anyway.. Altho we eat out quite a bit.

We consume alot of booze so keep that in mind.

And its hard not to be there all weekend and not spend money on tshirts and parts.

We try to budget each year... But fail and spend more then we should.
Posted By: Adam Grenon

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 22, 2014 05:53 pm UTC

I camped at the plantation for $20 a night back in 06'. I also lost my wallet on the highway (left it on the roof) and a local tracked us down to the plantation somehow and returned it.

I brought a little bbq which I still have. The pool area had a shower I used lol. That's budget.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 23, 2014 01:04 am UTC

Costs me about $150 each way for gas then this year 4 of us split on the rental of an RV and stayed at the track, so that was another $150, worked out really well. Having an air conditioned place to go to and place to cook at the track was damn nice. Probably another $100 in food and drinks and another $50 in misc spending.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - November 24, 2014 04:31 pm UTC

Depends if you're racing or not.

I probably spend a couple hundred in racing fees alone, about $250-$300 in fuel at least, a couple hundred for 4 nights accommodations and then probably $150 for food/drinks/alcohol.

Add about another $50 for miscellaneous and then whatever you end up spending on parts and I'd say you're looking at $850-$1000 on average, realistically, if you're racing every day (Friday night/Saturday/Sunday). If only spectating knock that down probably $200 between gas and racing fees.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 15, 2015 04:14 pm UTC

Depends if you're racing or not.

I probably spend a couple hundred in racing fees alone, about $250-$300 in fuel at least, a couple hundred for 4 nights accommodations and then probably $150 for food/drinks/alcohol.

Add about another $50 for miscellaneous and then whatever you end up spending on parts and I'd say you're looking at $850-$1000 on average, realistically, if you're racing every day (Friday night/Saturday/Sunday). If only spectating knock that down probably $200 between gas and racing fees.

Unless you're Stephan, he bought everything. Hopefully his car full of parts is being put to good use.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 15, 2015 07:33 pm UTC

Lol. It was funny when everytime I came back from a walk, you guys asked me what I bought this time... and weren't kidding rotflmao.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 16, 2015 10:32 pm UTC

Lol. It was funny when everytime I came back from a walk, you guys asked me what I bought this time... and weren't kidding rotflmao.

I thought one of the times you'd walk back and ask us for help carrying over a motor or transmission that you just bought...

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 16, 2015 10:37 pm UTC

Well, I'll be stocking up on parts this year, so probably will. lol.

Free beer for whomever helps though!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 17, 2015 12:50 am UTC

He even had me bring stuff back across the border tongue

Looks like I've got a hookup for a trailer this year, so I will be competing smile Would be epic to run a 10 on the stock 7 bolt at the shootout.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 17, 2015 12:56 am UTC

I and Lucian and his friend too! All loaded with lots of stuff.

Would probably be the best place to do it too being how well they prep that track of theirs.

When does everyone start placing reservations? I hear the Motel 6 there is almost fully booked already.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 17, 2015 01:33 am UTC

Think I'm going to stay at the track again, it was a blast. No reservation needed.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 17, 2015 05:26 am UTC

If staying at the track, where do you sh!t/shower?

I still remember the inside of the portable washrooms weep.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 17, 2015 01:31 pm UTC

If staying at the track, where do you sh!t/shower?

I still remember the inside of the portable washrooms weep.

The RV had both, as well as A/C. Not to mention the track has full shower facilities and non-portable bathrooms.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 17, 2015 04:09 pm UTC

Not all of us have access to the luxury of an RV tongue.

Thats tempting then.. plantation or track..

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 17, 2015 04:25 pm UTC

It's good to know people who live in that area lol.

The plantation actually looks tempting too, never stayed there but it seemed nice while i was visiting with you guys.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 17, 2015 04:32 pm UTC

That's the pull for me to the plantation. It was an awesome place. Owner was cool with us working on the cars there and stuff up for us when we were accidentally launching up and down the street.

It was only like a 15minute cruise away from the track too.

Add to that a room with more privacy, mini fridge, etc.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 17, 2015 04:57 pm UTC

When I am in town I'll be staying at The Plantation. Unfortunately my cousin decided to have her wedding the Thursday night so I will be back in Toronto for that and will either leave post-wedding or very, very early Friday morning and likely drive straight to the track. Will be at the Plantation the Friday and Saturday night.

Won't be staying the Sunday night though as I'll just make the 2.5 hour drive back to Detroit and save myself a night's accommodations.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 17, 2015 06:44 pm UTC

Won't be staying the Sunday night though as I'll just make the 2.5 hour drive back to Detroit and save myself a night's accommodations.

We got a badass over here tongue

I usually leave Sunday evening, drive all night, stop around Kingston for a power nap and then finish the journey, usually home by 8-9am. I hate driving that trip during the day, love the nice empty night time roads.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 17, 2015 07:22 pm UTC

This year I definitely want to drive on Sunday or Monday night to avoid traffic. Last night at the plantation was too funny to miss.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 17, 2015 07:48 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Jason Drew

We got a badass over here tongue

I usually leave Sunday evening, drive all night, stop around Kingston for a power nap and then finish the journey, usually home by 8-9am. I hate driving that trip during the day, love the nice empty night time roads.

Hahaha....I've made the drive back on Sunday nights for much further distances than Detroit (Napanee) but only when I have to. Since I drive my Talon it's nice to drive with the convoy (normally) in case anything were to happen.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 17, 2015 08:12 pm UTC

Last night at the plantation was too funny to miss.

rotflmao

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2015 02:19 am UTC

Paid holidays booked already. Who's going for sure this year? need to work out shared accommodations.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2015 02:30 am UTC

100% in.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2015 02:35 am UTC

I'm 100% in. As long as things work out, gonna be staying with Terry, assuming over at the Plantation.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2015 02:36 am UTC

Does anyone have any experience staying over at any of the motels in the towns closer to where all the crazy things that happen?
Posted By: Terry S

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2015 02:36 am UTC

That's the plan wink

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2015 03:25 am UTC

Oh. And this time, I was careful enough to tell the new employer that there will be one weekend in August where I will be unavailable.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2015 03:44 am UTC

Oh. And this time, I was careful enough to tell the new employer that there will be one weekend in August where I will be unavailable.

lal

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2015 03:47 am UTC

Were 98% in.. Of we cant afford to tow our car there.. we will prolly tow someone else. or rent the trailer out for gas money for the car. Just hope my health allows me to race!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2015 04:30 am UTC

Hey Jay, your inbox is full wink.

Thats the thing though. It would be nice to stay with the Canadians as a group, but at the same time, a couple of the big shots are staying over at the Motel 8 and theres still a couple rooms left.

More cruises would be awesome to do. Such amazing roads they have there!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2015 05:19 am UTC

If you stay at the plantation again you should at least do a cruise around the motels at night, it's a great time, or at the track, nice "after party" if you will each night at the track.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2015 05:26 am UTC

But I want to be at the plantation AND track after parties. I need a designated driver! Lol

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2015 09:15 pm UTC

But I want to be at the plantation AND track after parties. I need a designated driver! Lol

Do not count on me "Grasshopper"!!! wink

Ghislain

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2015 10:37 pm UTC

Giz, you're just saying that because you're trying to get back at me for jumping around the room last year while you were trying to sleep rotflmao.

Where there's a will, there's a way!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 22, 2015 11:16 pm UTC

To keep our rooms close, want to book rooms in the same spot as last time? (The room on the left was 126 and beside us was 125, I think there were two more but not sure) Fill those couple of rooms so we can be loud and curse while not worrying about creating a "bad" impression on any families this time? Lol

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 23, 2015 12:06 am UTC

For 4 nights at the Plantation in the basic rooms. it will come to 380 US as it normally does. bu thats 475 Canadian with our dollar values. This is getting more expensive then it ever was.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 23, 2015 12:17 am UTC

We will prolly stay in the little houses.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 23, 2015 02:19 am UTC

To keep our rooms close, want to book rooms in the same spot as last time? (The room on the left was 126 and beside us was 125, I think there were two more but not sure) Fill those couple of rooms so we can be loud and curse while not worrying about creating a "bad" impression on any families this time? Lol

I'm game, If we could fill that front bank of rooms where we worked on cars, that would be ideal I got 2 other dsmers coming that could fill one of the rooms as well. I'm not feeling the little house this time, leave that to the couples. tongue.
And don't forget about accommodations for the drunk sisters Stephan!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 23, 2015 02:29 am UTC

Are they coming back? I remember we told them we are there every year, but it got bumped back by a week too.

Were they sisters? I don't even remember. Lol

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 23, 2015 02:44 am UTC

i dont think they were local.. or able to remember anything from that night.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 23, 2015 02:48 am UTC

Were they hot?
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 23, 2015 03:01 am UTC

Pics or video or I call bs.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 23, 2015 03:14 am UTC

Honestly I don't remember. I was planning on staying sober that night because we were leaving at like 6am. Ended up drinking till the wee hours of the morning frown.

I think one was alright, if memory serves me right? She kept on asking about my car and stuff.

I don't have any picts, there's one on last year's shootout picts. Kutchcutters, I think.

Mike, you gonna come this year?

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 23, 2015 03:46 am UTC

If all goes well with the projects, yes.

It's way too soon to tell.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 25, 2015 11:25 pm UTC

So some of us will be taking a ferry from Kingsville, ON over to Sandusky, OH. Is anyone else interested in joining?

Heres the ferry's website:
http://www.ontarioferries.com/peleeferry/english/fares.html

Taking the M.V. Pelee Islander at 11:00AM from Kingsville and arriving in Sandusky at 2:45PM. This would be on August 6th.

By taking the ferry, it takes longer to get there, but saves a couple hours of driving, theres no chance of traffic or lineup at the boarder, and you can drink on the boat!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2015 06:52 am UTC

If I put my car on a boat it will more than likely sink with my luck. I must have a car make it this year. Hopefully 3rd time is the charm, if not screw the shootout its cursed for me, Lol

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2015 12:20 pm UTC

By taking the ferry, it takes longer to get there, but saves a couple hours of driving, theres no chance of traffic or lineup at the boarder, and you can drink on the boat!
Whose going to drive you the rest of the way?

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2015 12:45 pm UTC

Court, the boat cuts out some driving, so less wear on the car. And if it breaks there, we can limp it to the boat.

Bryan, obviously not to get drunk. It's a couple hour boat ride, and the motel is <5min drive away from the port.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2015 04:17 pm UTC

Would you guys normally cross at Detroit?

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2015 04:20 pm UTC

Lucian and friends did, we crossed in Buffalo. The Buffalo crossing was near empty, but the bridge was completely packed. And on the way home, Buffalo was packed both ways.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2015 05:22 pm UTC

It's 9 hours from me if I cross at Ogdensburgh, NY.

Or 9.5 hours if I cross at Detroit.

I like the boat idea but if I did make the trip, I would likely pick Ogdensburgh.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2015 05:24 pm UTC

I won't take the ferry there but I would take it back. Last two years my brother and I went through Detroit, Well the highways are absolute garbage until you hit Ohio. Car actually felt like it would fall apart not to mention the Jay Racing alt relocation kept loosening off being so rough. Atleast you get to see Detroit in all it's ghetto glory smile

Plus I had to pee a lot.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2015 06:04 pm UTC

Which ever way you choose, its the best thing you will do this summer if you come out to it.

Court, with that many stop overs while in Detroit I'd be happy I made it out! Haha.
Posted By: Deep Mann

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2015 06:09 pm UTC

I should be coming, Along with a GTR.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2015 06:14 pm UTC

Traveling at night FTW.

I crossed at the 1000 Islands at 2am, not a car in sight, hell I think I woke up the customs officer. I think between the border and Syracuse(1.5 hours) I saw maybe 5 cars. I got to Buffalo around 5am, roads were still pretty quiet, sailed through the tolls and whatnot like a breeze. Roads were pretty decent most of the way too. Worst part was probably a few stretches of the 401 between Quebec and Kingston.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2015 06:17 pm UTC

The interstates are a breeze to drive on compared to our craptastic highways.

Deep, you gonna take the ferry? Where you gonna stay?

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2015 06:31 pm UTC

No ferry, and Probably staying near as possible to the track.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2015 06:58 pm UTC

Well, unless you reserved a place a while ago, looks like you're with us at the plantation or camping, lol.

Plantation is <15min drive from the track and the owner is very chill with us. Plus you can repair things there if anything were to break.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2015 07:30 pm UTC

Which ever way you choose, its the best thing you will do this summer if you come out to it.

Court, with that many stop overs while in Detroit I'd be happy I made it out! Haha.

Detroit is fine. The roads are (REALLY) shitty but you won't get in trouble unless you go looking for it because nowhere that's truly 'dangerous' is anywhere where anyone going to/from the Shootout would ever have any reason to go. Not to mention many of the 'bad' areas are really only bad at night. I live here. I've gone/sometimes go to relatively 'bad' areas (including at night) and am perfectly fine. Don't be stupid and you won't have any issues.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2015 07:52 pm UTC

Plantation is <15min drive from the track and the owner is very chill with us. Plus you can repair things there if anything were to break.

I think you'll find most of the motels are friendly to working on cars as long as you clean up.

Best Western security came out to see what we were up to, he was just like, make sure its all cleaned up when you're done and best of luck.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 27, 2015 12:54 am UTC

Why the f did they change the week? I am going to be at Heavy Montreal that weekend. I would have definitely taken the ferry route, seems ideal to me.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 27, 2015 12:59 am UTC

Should come to the shootout instead! laugh

I'm actually liking that they changed the weekend, because this way the ExtremePSI 4G63 dragster wont be at a competition, so with any luck they will bring it out.

Plus, theres also a big car show in Detroit the following weekend that would be cool to check out.

Jason, didn't think they would! If things work out well for me this year, I'm gonna book at one of the larger hotel/motels closer to the city and drink with some of the big shots.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 27, 2015 03:33 am UTC

The week change works out great for me as well, for the last few years I've been out of town on the wife and I's anniversary.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 27, 2015 05:26 pm UTC

Terry and I are booked at the shootout, room 126. I dont like change. lol

For anyone else booking at the plantation and isnt going for a cabin, be sure to first ask for rooms 124 and 125 first so we can fill up that one building.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 27, 2015 10:49 pm UTC

I snagged 125 smile
heyyy there drinkkin buddayss

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 27, 2015 10:49 pm UTC

Sandra and I are booked in Cabin 119

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 27, 2015 11:25 pm UTC

Like like like!! And from what I understand, Deep and his buddies are booking a cottage!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 28, 2015 12:13 am UTC

Yeah were booked. Not a cottage, but suite 122

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 28, 2015 12:23 am UTC

Schweet.

Ghizlan where ar't thouu??

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 28, 2015 01:22 am UTC

Busy golfing, fishing, drinking and not shovelling snow! tongue

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 28, 2015 08:59 pm UTC

wink

Will book a room soon.
Posted By: Alex Akachinskiy

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 02, 2015 04:06 am UTC

I think you'll find most of the motels are friendly to working on cars as long as you clean up.

Best Western security came out to see what we were up to, he was just like, make sure its all cleaned up when you're done and best of luck.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I remember that! Awesome pics tu

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 02, 2015 09:15 pm UTC

Terry and myself are also booked for the ferry.

In case anyone is interested, normally the staff is required to drive the vehicles onto the boat, however after talking with the manager, they can make exceptions smile.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 03, 2015 04:21 pm UTC

Looks like you guys are gonna have some fun on that boat wink

[Linked Image]

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 03, 2015 04:37 pm UTC

You always seeing things from a gay perspective, Mike. You coming out of the closet on us? rotate.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 03, 2015 06:00 pm UTC

I'm too short for the closet.

More like a cupboard. Lol
Posted By: jerry white

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 06, 2015 12:48 am UTC

haven't been down for a long time,back in he day the 90s I used to go,oh my god I sound old lmao.The last time I went was 2004,but I going to try to make it down this year.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 06, 2015 01:26 am UTC

Originally Posted by jerry white
haven't been down for a long time,back in he day the 90s I used to go,oh my god I sound old lmao.The last time I went was 2004,but I going to try to make it down this year.

You ain't that old; trust me... And back in 2004 is not that long ago.

None the less bring you ars over.

Ghislain

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 06, 2015 02:01 am UTC

Back in the 90's? Damn, that's awesome. You should come for sure!
Posted By: jerry white

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 06, 2015 02:34 am UTC

Thanks Ghislain I feel very young now lol,I will try to make it for sure this year

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 06, 2015 02:54 am UTC

Call up the plantation. Reserve a room!
Posted By: Jamie Valcamp

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 06, 2015 05:34 pm UTC

Booked! Room 124 Thursday to Monday.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 06, 2015 06:30 pm UTC

Awesomeness

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 09, 2015 05:53 pm UTC

Booked!

Checking in the Friday, checking out the Sunday.

In room 101-106 (he didn't have an exact # for me at the time I spoke to him). Just 'across the driveway' from the rooms most of you guys are in.
Posted By: Terry S

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 09, 2015 06:44 pm UTC

tu

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 12, 2015 01:22 am UTC

Unless I can secure a room mate, I probably wont be going now.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 13, 2015 02:15 pm UTC

Looks like I've got a wedding in Winnipeg the week before. And it's a 5 day venture, as well as time off work.

Not looking good for me..

Yet again.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 13, 2015 02:32 pm UTC

Unless it's your wedding, you should be there racing!

I just highly recommend you try to come for at least just Friday to Sunday afternoon.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 13, 2015 03:01 pm UTC

Bad excuse.

I have my first cousin's (ie we're close) wedding the Thursday night and am driving directly from there, overnight, in a suit to get to Buschur's Friday morning.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 13, 2015 05:36 pm UTC

If the finances and work both allow me to attend, I'll try my hardest.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 13, 2015 10:06 pm UTC

Well I was denied my vacation for those days. And since my favorate part was the Dyno day on friday.. Were on the fence on weather to leave friday night.

Vacation is booked based on seniourity, and Im way off! So as long as the shoot out stays on that weekend... Ill never get the full 3 days.

Fuckers!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 14, 2015 10:53 pm UTC

Still worth going for Saturday, Sunday! I would if I was in your situation.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 15, 2015 12:34 pm UTC

But I like the friday the most. Breakfast at Bob evens.. the dynos, getting to talk to the drivers and teams.. buying beers at the gas station and openjng them up in the doorway!! I rather see that and miss the racing.

But Its bothering me more that My job is so shitty. Its kinda had me bummed out all weekend. Havent even worked on the car.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 15, 2015 04:04 pm UTC

Well Heavy Montreal looks like a shitty lineup this year so I am in for the Shootout!

I'm going to go for the ferry I think as something new to see and do. Never been to the Pelee area before.

Will book something at the plantation, I camped on the lawn last time I went in 2006? or 07? I'll get a room I think.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 16, 2015 04:49 pm UTC

Sounds like there will be quite the Canadian presence.
even bigger than some of our past DSM Invasions laugh
Posted By: Michael Lee

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 25, 2015 03:15 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Eng
Looks like I've got a wedding in Winnipeg the week before. And it's a 5 day venture, as well as time off work.

Not looking good for me..

Yet again.

Fake an injury.

That sucks though, but weddings are fun!
Posted By: Tim Sedore

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 06, 2015 02:10 pm UTC

I already booked my cabin! This will be my 4th straight year. The first year I only went to watch. The second time I went to just watch but a crazy Frenchman got a few beers in me and told me stop being a pussy. Our cars are 10 years older than yours. Get out there and run. if you break I will pull you home. thanks GIZ! lol. My first time out me and Salomon made it to the quarter finals in the bracket. I was .2 seconds away from a trophy frown

I need to get a few test runs in before making my way down as last year was REALLY disappointing! I could not hook off the line because my manifold bolts had backed out. This year I am going with a slightly smaller turbo. GTX3071 vs my 3076 from last year. I also went with a whole new FMIC, pipe, intake setup. AMS FTW.

I am hoping to crack my first 11 second pass. I am considering towing it down. I have a truck but no trailer. Fpr anyone that has never been it is an amazing time. Lots of great cars and great people.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 06, 2015 02:11 pm UTC

I am also trying to convince some more EVO's to come down. I have a few buddies coming for sure.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 06, 2015 02:56 pm UTC

Tim you can always rent a trailer for the weekend, yes Uhaul would probably be a little pricey but if you check into the smaller mom & pop places they're usually much more reasonable. One of the garages in town here has a nice car trailer with hydraulic brakes and nice long loading ramps for like $75 for a weekend.
Posted By: Mike Lane

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 06, 2015 03:20 pm UTC

I may have some free time this august! I wonder if I should try and catch a lift? Or should I wait to christen my GSX with my first shootout another year? tongue
Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 06, 2015 03:46 pm UTC

If you can make it, GO! I have never heard of anyone regretting having gone!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 06, 2015 05:21 pm UTC

Thanks Jason. I will look into it. Uhaul was way too pricey. I will try to source one. Otherwise I will just drive it again. I have some serious blow by issues right now so I need an oil catch can and hope for the best smile
Posted By: Mike Lane

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 06, 2015 08:00 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Ziggy Dietrich, RTM Racing
If you can make it, GO! I have never heard of anyone regretting having gone!

Lol! thanks those are some encouraging words tongue Will end up being a later date decision based on crazy ever changing life circumstances. If anyone has a spare bed/seat let me know tongue then again the bed is only useful when there are women rotate
Sleep is overrated. Drink Tequila.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 06, 2015 09:24 pm UTC

Mike I am in the same boat as you so maybe we can figure something out, I am thinking mobile home setup so I can stay at the track, but as you stated I won't know till last minute.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 06, 2015 09:31 pm UTC

Altho we do stay up late.. We are up early in the morning aswell.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 07, 2015 01:27 am UTC

Who needs sleep?

That year we swapped the motor in the parking lot I left home at 8pm Thursday night after working all day, drove all night, arrived around 10am, did the who car show thing, partied till around 3am, got up at 7am, went to the track all day Saturday, swapped that motor sat night, slept from 5am to 7 am, track all day Sunday, left at 6pm to go home. Got home at 8am Monday, went to work at noon.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 07, 2015 01:42 am UTC

I might have a trailer, but still need to pickup a vehicle. Even if I don't, I will be racing this year.

Although I don't regret not racing last year, as I would have made a fool of myself with my ET to MPH ratio's as FWD.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 07, 2015 01:15 pm UTC

There is no making a fool of your self. At least you would be out there doing it. I had to race my 12 second evolution against a 9 second dam. I looked like I was parked in his record breaking pass. All the haters can say what they want as they go home in their pick up trucks. I had fun.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 07, 2015 01:16 pm UTC

Er. ..dsm. dam was what I screamed add he raped me

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 07, 2015 01:48 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Tim Sedore
There is no making a fool of your self. At least you would be out there doing it. I had to race my 12 second evolution against a 9 second dam. I looked like I was parked in his record breaking pass. All the haters can say what they want as they go home in their pick up trucks. I had fun.

No making a fool of yourself unless you drive through a fence during autocross, right Timmy? wink

Hahaha rotflmao

(For the record, Tim did not drive through a fence during autocross...but it was close!)

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 07, 2015 02:51 pm UTC

Well, I did race, but I did the autocross. That was fun as heck! Even though my phones memory became corrupt and I couldn't watch my runs.

Their drag strip is super sticky though.

But man, I consider myself lucky that the throw out bearing held up.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 07, 2015 02:52 pm UTC

It wasn't through the fence. It was 'almost' through the fence. But it was nice to see you could get your voice up that high as you screamed like a girl. PS I found your nails in the door handle. Did you want them back?

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - April 07, 2015 03:07 pm UTC

It wasn't through the fence. It was 'almost' through the fence. But it was nice to see you could get your voice up that high as you screamed like a girl. PS I found your nails in the door handle. Did you want them back?

rotflmao

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 04, 2015 04:39 pm UTC

Well after 3 months.. I finnaly convinced my work to give me he time off!!

Yay!!!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 04, 2015 07:36 pm UTC

My "Leave Pass" was also approved today!!!

Chawing!!!

Ghislain

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 04, 2015 07:44 pm UTC

My leave is also approved, whats the plan fellas? I was considering taking the ferry from Kingsville

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 04, 2015 08:19 pm UTC

Well lets get a attendence list going.

Its way too expensive for me to take a truck and trailer, and 2 people on the fiery so I will prolly take the original route.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 04, 2015 09:39 pm UTC

Screw the Boat and drive her. Boats are for Sailors and we all know what Sailors do... (insert Sailor image here)

Ghislain

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 04, 2015 09:44 pm UTC

I am taking the boat across. Saves me over 800 km on my car. My milage is high enough.

My hotel is booked. I'm in

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 04, 2015 09:50 pm UTC

From now on I will refer to you as Sailor...

Love

Giz!!!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 04, 2015 10:26 pm UTC

I dunno about some of you, but I'd rather drink on a boat and clear customs quickly rather than idling at a crossing, then dealing with that Cleveland traffic.

1. Stephan Tanchak
2. Timothy Sedore
3. Ghislain Goudreau
4. Jason Stacey

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 04, 2015 10:37 pm UTC

I dunno about some of you, but I'd rather drink on a boat and clear customs quickly rather than idling at a crossing, then dealing with that Cleveland traffic.

Ok Stephan; Tim will be the Shrimp Boat Captain and you'll be the "Bottom of the Haul Dweller"!!!

Rest of us will be the "ROAD WARRIORS"!!!

Chabang!!!

Ghislain

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 04, 2015 10:43 pm UTC

1. Stephan Tanchak
2. Timothy Sedore
3. Ghislain Goudreau
4. Jason Stacey----------plantation-------not riding a fairy

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 04, 2015 10:44 pm UTC

Mind you anyone following me and my trailer this year, I will be making constant stops the whole way. Doctors orders.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 04, 2015 11:47 pm UTC

Mind you anyone following me and my trailer this year, I will be making constant stops the whole way. Doctors orders.

I would of never though of that...

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 05, 2015 03:39 am UTC

1. Stephan Tanchak
2. Timothy Sedore
3. Ghislain Goudreau
5. Kuttzy --taking the 87hr route-- wink

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 05, 2015 12:21 pm UTC

1. Stephan Tanchak
2. Timothy Sedore
3. Ghislain Goudreau
6. Jason Drew

There's no waiting to clear customs when you cross at 3am tongue

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 05, 2015 03:46 pm UTC

You guys enjoy the 5 extra hours of extra driving while I am relaxing on the boat with my beer. I might even bring a fishing rod. Maybe I will have some rum. Call me Sailor Jerry!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 05, 2015 03:48 pm UTC

Well there's no boat from my neck of the woods so it's 13h of driving no matter what.
Posted By: Nick Gallo

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - May 11, 2015 03:09 am UTC

I will be driving, no boat shenanigans for me this year lol..
Posted By: ruben silva

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 01, 2015 05:34 pm UTC

I'm in if I can find a dsm by then if not I'll tag along lol.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 08, 2015 07:35 am UTC

So whose competing in what classes this year?

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 09, 2015 05:27 am UTC

Ok, I'll go first.

I'm going to compete in either the new exhibition class or in street 32.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 09, 2015 09:40 pm UTC

I may do bracket again.

Defnatly wanna do the friday night test n tune.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 07, 2015 08:31 pm UTC

I've got my room at the Plantation booked!

I'll be competing in the "I hope my car survives the drive down" class.

It's pretty competitive.

Guess we'll have to start sorting out convoys down.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 08, 2015 04:12 am UTC

Booked love shack # 121 bitches!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 08, 2015 10:00 am UTC

Nice adam.
are you tagging along with the Quinte group? we have trailers!!!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 08, 2015 04:35 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Adam Grenon
Booked love shack # 121 bitches!

I was gonna book that one just based on the pictures, but realized they post the same pictures over and over, so hoping all the suites are the same.

I was assigned 115 when I called.

Edit: To be near everyone else, not sure of the layout there.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 10, 2015 01:40 pm UTC

I'll be driving down in the Evo again this year, unless someone wants to trailor my DSM. No reservations for me as I found plenty of rooms available just up the street, but I'll be sure to come party wherever you guys are.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 10, 2015 01:44 pm UTC

We all just sorta hang out by what ever side the cars are parked at. If your in a cottage... People in the cottages usually drive the cars 40 feet to the motel rooms and park/work on their cars in a group.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 10, 2015 01:49 pm UTC

You guys should update the attendance list.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 10, 2015 01:54 pm UTC

1. Stephan Tanchak
2. Timothy Sedore
3. Ghislain Goudreau
6. Jason Drew
7. Mike Lee

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 10, 2015 02:17 pm UTC

Btw, due to timing and stuff, the ferry idea has been scrapped.

1. Stephan Tanchak
2. Timothy Sedore
3. Ghislain Goudreau
4. Jason Stacey
5. Kuttzy
6. Jason Drew
7. Mike Lee
8. Ruben Silva

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 10, 2015 03:31 pm UTC

Scrapped for you. The i75 is under heavy construction so I am still thinking of taking the ferry. It shaves 145 miles off my drive as well. Plus I get to skip Detroit.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 10, 2015 04:38 pm UTC

Zing. Still taking the ferry apparently.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 13, 2015 04:40 pm UTC

Anyone have a trailer they'd like to rent out? I normally do u-haul as they tow very well but Thursday to Monday starts to get expensive.
I can either drive to pick it up before we leave or ask a co-driver to pilot the tow vehicle and pick it on our way.

Not real interested in driving my car all that way.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 13, 2015 08:37 pm UTC

Ask Ryan where he borrowed from last year, was a pretty decent trailer.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 13, 2015 08:39 pm UTC

Scrapped for you. The i75 is under heavy construction so I am still thinking of taking the ferry. It shaves 145 miles off my drive as well. Plus I get to skip Detroit.

Why take the i75? Don't you cross at Fort Erie and take i90 the whole way?

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 13, 2015 08:51 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Ian Burnside

Why take the i75? Don't you cross at Fort Erie and take i90 the whole way?

What Ian said. You're not taking I75 unless you're crossing at Detroit, which you shouldn't be if you don't want to waste time.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 13, 2015 09:53 pm UTC

Are you going Ian?

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 14, 2015 02:05 am UTC

Are you going Ian?

I have the time booked off work, still not sure if im going. If I do it'll be a last minute decision like always. I'm going to have to wait until the last minute again, going to have my boy for the last time before school starts. Kinda want to see him as much as possible.

Well see, time will tell.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 15, 2015 01:56 am UTC

Yah I'll tag with the Quinte group. Maybe someone can get a hold of me and tell me the plan if there is one.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 15, 2015 02:00 am UTC

Were still working on one. Lol.
Posted By: Nick Gallo

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 20, 2015 07:24 pm UTC

Booked for Plantation Friday-Sunday. Room 114. Still deciding on taking Detroit way again, or going through buffalo..

Leaving Brantford Friday morning at 3am so I can be at Buschurs open house for 9am.
Posted By: Mike Degli Angeli

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 24, 2015 02:59 pm UTC

i'm thinking of going to my first Shootout! Jamie Valcamp has offered me a ride.

I'm looking for a place to crash for the shootout? I have my ride down, my enclosed trailer is coming along (Jamie's car is going in it) but made no plans yet for a place to stay. anyone have an extra bed we can split a room?

Either that or i sleep in my trailer for the weekend lol.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 24, 2015 05:15 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Degli Angeli
i'm thinking of going to my first Shootout! Jamie Valcamp has offered me a ride.

I'm looking for a place to crash for the shootout? I have my ride down, my enclosed trailer is coming along (Jamie's car is going in it) but made no plans yet for a place to stay. anyone have an extra bed we can split a room?

Either that or i sleep in my trailer for the weekend lol.

Weird,
Had a dream last night that you showed up with your car in a trailer. You raced the autocross with a big Brightside sticker down the side of your car...

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 24, 2015 05:26 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Kuttschrutter

Weird,
Had a dream last night that you showed up with your car in a trailer. You raced the autocross with a big Brightside sticker down the side of your car...

Can I have some of whatever you're smoking? smile

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 24, 2015 05:41 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Michael Lee

Lol,
Must have been the meth fumes from boosting at 30psi last night. laugh

Not sure what was more odd,
Me dreaming about the shootout.
Or me dreaming that Mike's car was on the road. rotate

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 24, 2015 05:47 pm UTC

Lol,
Must have been the meth fumes from boosting at 30psi last night. laugh

Not sure what was more odd,
Me dreaming about the shootout.

You dreaming about Mike...period. tongue

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 24, 2015 05:50 pm UTC

Haha, that'll be a true anomaly.
Posted By: Mike Rizzotti

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 26, 2015 08:03 pm UTC

I will be there, racing of course.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 26, 2015 10:31 pm UTC

nobody have any options for me?

Ideally looking for someone willing to split a room at the plantation?

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 27, 2015 03:18 pm UTC

Mike I may be down but won't know till later if I can even come as we may be moving then.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 27, 2015 07:29 pm UTC

Bryan... Its in a week.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 27, 2015 07:57 pm UTC

Our house could be sold by then so we shall see.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 28, 2015 12:21 pm UTC

Mike if you share a room are you more a big spoon or little spoon? Maybe try bringing a tent just in case. Maybe we hide it behind the cottage

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 28, 2015 12:32 pm UTC

LOL. If worse come to worse then I'm sleeping in the trailer with an air mattress smile But I think Jamie has me sorted out.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 28, 2015 11:51 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Degli Angeli
LOL. ...I think Jamie has me sorted out.

Yup; you should be good to go.

Ghislain

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 30, 2015 05:33 pm UTC

I will be cutting it really close. Still waiting on this clutch install. I sent it to the dealer since I didn't have the time or the hoist to do it. I dropped it off TUES and its still not done. They stripped the transfercase bolt and that appears to be on back order.

Stephan is on a city wide hunt to find me a bolt. M12x125 1.25 incase someone has one smile

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 30, 2015 05:42 pm UTC

Just go to Brofasco or any other industrial supply place. If they don't have it they can get it in real quick.

Btw...it's M12-1.25 x 125 if you want to be able to tell the people at the hardware store the right bolt (although I'm sure they'd understand what you mean).

I'll check what's available in the states. Give me a part number!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 30, 2015 06:01 pm UTC

Bolts Plus in Brampton should more than likely have it, they have given me everything I have asked for no matter the size.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 30, 2015 06:27 pm UTC

It's okay, I already ordered it from Mitsubishi locally to me here in Detroit. Getting it overnighted. Tim will have it this weekend.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 30, 2015 07:21 pm UTC

Great. Tim called me also, but I would not have had it until a week later..

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 30, 2015 08:19 pm UTC

Are you coming Ziggy?

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 30, 2015 08:59 pm UTC

Not looking like it. I am going through a lot of personal issues. If I do make it, I would come down on Saturday and return on Monday, and it would be just a last minute decision. I am really not feeling up to doing anything lately..

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 30, 2015 09:22 pm UTC

Ah.. Well we hope you go!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 30, 2015 09:28 pm UTC

Thanks Salomon. You the man

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 30, 2015 09:51 pm UTC

Thanks Salomon. You the man

No Problem!

Originally Posted by Ziggy Dietrich, RTM Racing
Not looking like it. I am going through a lot of personal issues. If I do make it, I would come down on Saturday and return on Monday, and it would be just a last minute decision. I am really not feeling up to doing anything lately..

Ziggy, hopefully you can make it out but regardless of that hopefully everything looks better for you and picks up in the near future! You've made a lot of us happy over the years so let us know if we can do anything to return the favour!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 30, 2015 10:18 pm UTC

Ziggy .. I will break into the 11s this year! and I would not have, if it wernt for you!!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 31, 2015 01:19 am UTC

Ok people. If you havent seen the new parking lay out.. Its completely changed this year. Racers and sponsers will use a differant entrance into the pit area. And spectators will use the old entrance into the spectators parking. Spectators will NOT be able to get into the pit area with their cars. SO if you arnt racing but wanna park with us racers, you will have to pay racing price and come in the racing entrance. You dont have to race, but if you have a tech card, we will prolly bug you to race. There will be trailers and CAA cards there.. Dont worry. I believe its 35us a day to race, or 90us for all 3 days. Usually we park the Envoy close to the race cars as a sapport vehicle. We may not this year.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 31, 2015 01:46 pm UTC

Damn. so after our race, we couldn't go back and chill with everyone... so everyone is racing then??

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 31, 2015 02:15 pm UTC

I believe if you don't race, I read that they will refund you at the end of the weekend or something like this. Seems like alot of headache for them. Anyone else read that in Buschur's shootout thread on tuners?

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 31, 2015 09:26 pm UTC

I didnt read that.. I havent been on tuners in about 2 years.. Other then what ever thread pops up in a search.. Thats cool tho. Spectators can be in the pits... Just not there cars.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 31, 2015 09:27 pm UTC

I will prolly just register for TT for the weekend. And hopefully get some runs in between classes. Plan on having a yard sale on Saterday.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 01, 2015 02:47 am UTC

Best place to get the rules/etc is on the highboost forums.

http://highboostforum.com/forum/showthread.php/29294-The-23rd-Annual-SHOOTOUT-August-7-9th-2015

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 01, 2015 12:57 pm UTC

Looks like some of us are taking the ferry and some of us are takjng the long way around. Adam.. If your joining the Quinte crew, you will have to decide whether to go with Jamie and Ghiz for 8 hours of driving.. Or with us for 4 hours of driving. We should be heading to Toronto about the same time tho.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 01, 2015 04:04 pm UTC

Who's on the ferry? I originally wanted to go that way but most from quinte are said they weren't, I like the idea of the boat to be honest.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 01, 2015 05:50 pm UTC

We decided on the ferry. Cause were renting the trailer out. Jamie is taking the long route.. He will a couple riders.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 01, 2015 06:17 pm UTC

I am on the ferry with stephan. I haute Detroit so it saves curing through there plus pelee island is beautiful

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 01, 2015 06:35 pm UTC

I'll see if there is a spot left, you guys taking the M.V Jiiman at 10a or the M.V. Pelee Islander at 11a?

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 01, 2015 06:46 pm UTC

The one port is closed so we are leaving from Leamington at 11 am

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 01, 2015 07:18 pm UTC

no room left on the 11am, still room on the 2pm.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 01, 2015 10:36 pm UTC

What????

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 01, 2015 10:39 pm UTC

I may or may not be going anymore depending of I can get the parts I need in the very short period of time I need them in for a very low price.

Will keep you guys updated but man, when it rains it really does pour. frown

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 02, 2015 01:58 am UTC

The 2pm trip wont take you too sanduski. I think if your not booked on the ferry.. Your not going on the ferry. I guess I taking the 10 hour trip.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 02, 2015 01:26 pm UTC

Sorry boys, I thought this year would be the one but it's not going to happen. Now that I have real space and will have a DD I see no reason why I wouldn't make it out next year though!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 02, 2015 01:37 pm UTC

I think this will be your last chance Brian.. Last year to do stuff for your self! last chance of freedom!. I think you guys should take advantage of the opertunity and enjoy the last of your DINK lives.. Cause all yer extra time and money will be spoken fir, for the next... 20 years!! Lal.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 02, 2015 03:04 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Bryan Lawrence
Sorry boys, I thought this year would be the one but it's not going to happen. Now that I have real space and will have a DD I see no reason why I wouldn't make it out next year though!

You're gonna have a newborn next year at this time. If I were you I'd get it in writing that your wife is gonna let you out at this time next year rotflmao

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 02, 2015 04:12 pm UTC

You're gonna have a newborn next year at this time. If I were you I'd get it in writing that your wife is gonna let you out at this time next year rotflmao

Yep couldn't have said it better myself.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 02, 2015 05:29 pm UTC

LOL, valid point boys. We shall play it by year.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 02, 2015 07:52 pm UTC

Okay, I'm cutting it real close here, car is going to be started today, not sure what's gonna happen, but I PLAN ON GOING TO MY FIRST SHOOTOUT.

Only thing is I need a convoy to drive down with in case I run into trouble along the way.

Who's driving by Toronto and at what time, so I can join you.

Please let me know.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 02, 2015 08:52 pm UTC

See Bryan... Mike has balls!!!

Mike, you can jump in the quinte group.. We can txt you when were close.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 02, 2015 09:42 pm UTC

Great!

Also, Salomon may be heading out late thurs night, so depending on how things go I might go with him, if I get held up.

I wanna risk it, because a lot can happen in a year, and I don't wanna wait another year.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 03, 2015 01:59 am UTC

Haha smart ass, well I just started the new job so even if I did go I would be leaving friday night (any one else?) and would be coming back sunday night (any one else doing this?)
I also don't have a place to stay.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 03, 2015 02:25 am UTC

I head home Sunday night after the races to go back to work on Monday.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 03, 2015 02:43 am UTC

Not sure how you still do this.

Beast.

Bryan, the plantation has many rooms still available.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 03, 2015 03:33 am UTC

Ok well let me see what I can put together, but i don't think this will be the year.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 03, 2015 03:49 am UTC

I might drive up Friday if anyone wants to come with me

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 03, 2015 12:23 pm UTC

Not sure how you still do this.

Beast.

Never been a person to sleep much all my life, 5 hours and I'm golden. On a trip like this, once I get past 20ish hours of being awake, I no longer feel tired.

On top of this, the following weekend I'm driving out to PEI, straight shot, at night.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 03, 2015 12:41 pm UTC

Ah, thats too bad.. Im going to run the raceway.. And thats close to you isnt it? you could have made a few runs there.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 03, 2015 12:45 pm UTC

Not really, it's still 4 hours from me, I'm in eastern Quebec, not far from the border with Maine and New Hampshire.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 04, 2015 02:22 am UTC

If anyone on the fence about going needs a little push, Jafro is going to be there this year!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 04, 2015 12:22 pm UTC

Mike you can camp at the track for free if you want.

My car is back together thanks to Stephan coming through with a tranny bolt.

I dropped her off at the tuner today. I should be ready!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 04, 2015 05:38 pm UTC

Tim, can you take me for a ride in the X this year? smile

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 04, 2015 05:54 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Garrett Logan
Tim, can you take me for a ride in the X this year? smile

Make sure your life insurance is paid off if you're going for a ride during Auto-X. You may or may not end up nearly plowing through a fence into traffic rotate

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 04, 2015 11:42 pm UTC

Car is ready to go. She just finished up on the dyno and we squeezed a little more out of her. 420 whp and 365 tq. This bitch better run an 11 or she is going in the lake!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 05, 2015 02:48 am UTC

sorry 430 smile

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 05, 2015 04:07 am UTC

Car is ready to go. She just finished up on the dyno and we squeezed a little more out of her. 420 whp and 365 tq. This bitch better run an 11 or she is going in the lake!

i'll take it if it doesn't tongue

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 05, 2015 04:19 am UTC

Finally got mine started, so far no bugs, just needs a tune. But that's why there's a long drive! As long as the trans works now... Will find out tomorrow. Otherwise there will be an open ferry spot.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 05, 2015 07:23 pm UTC

Hey did any of you guys call to confirm your reservations at the plantation or are they good about that kinda stuff?

I sent an email to confirm and haven't received a reply yet.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 05, 2015 07:24 pm UTC

Just called, and the number listed is "his" cellphone.

He said to call back in a couple of hours, because he's not at the motel at the moment.

frown

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 05, 2015 07:38 pm UTC

Seems normal, he was on the road when I called the other day, said to call back after 6pm at which point he was there.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 05, 2015 09:51 pm UTC

I called and got the answering service.. I didnt leave a message. And he called me back 10minutes later.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 06, 2015 03:44 am UTC

Finally got he car on the trailer.. And its only 11:30pm. On the road in 7 hours.. I should prolly have supper now.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 06, 2015 08:43 am UTC

Psh. I've been working on the spyder non stop all day to get her ready for the drive down.

Me and Mike Lee may be deaf upon arival, but no matter.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 06, 2015 08:50 am UTC

And all night. Almost done though.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 06, 2015 09:19 am UTC

You boys take all the pictures and Stephan make sure you get that thing on video!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 06, 2015 10:39 am UTC

Safe trip guys see you all tomorrow!
Posted By: Johnny Larmond

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 06, 2015 07:06 pm UTC

God speed Gents. One year I'll make it there.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 06, 2015 07:52 pm UTC

So... Me Sandra and Mike Lee are at the Angola pit stop.. Waiting for Ghiz, Jamie, mike, and Adam. border was a breeze! traffic is awsome! Weather is perfect.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 06, 2015 07:53 pm UTC

We had a blow out on the trailer.. Had to stop at the CAnadian Tire in TO and buy a new tire.. That sucked tho.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 06, 2015 08:08 pm UTC

[Linked Image]

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 06, 2015 08:36 pm UTC

[Linked Image]

Good luck gents! Keep those in the loop (with pics) who can't make it this year.

Jay, you missing a bolt on that tire. Also, Por15 your trailer tongue

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 06, 2015 11:30 pm UTC

Leaving now, see you all in the morning smile

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 07, 2015 03:40 am UTC

I overlooked some things so I'm leaving with Ruben in a convoy of our own. And can't drive at night because a HID bulb (that I can't find a replacement for, yet possibly off of an Acura) burnt out.

See you guys mid day! Save me a nice spot at the front row show and shine!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 07, 2015 12:46 pm UTC

Ouch. My head hurts.

Off to Bacon Gravy then the shop.

Ghislain

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 07, 2015 12:58 pm UTC

Wicked day yesterday. The ferry ride in was great and we arrived at 2:45 so we decided to go to Cedar Point. The Top fuel dragster ride was epic. 0-120 mph in 3.8 seconds.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 07, 2015 09:05 pm UTC

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 08, 2015 02:03 am UTC

The funny thing is, I drove my car around the block twice the day before I drove to the shootout. Just under 8 hours (according to Rubens car) including the traffic.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 08, 2015 04:34 am UTC

The funny thing is, I drove my car around the block twice the day before I drove to the shootout. Just under 8 hours (according to Rubens car) including the traffic.

So???

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 08, 2015 11:46 am UTC

Originally Posted by Ghislain Goudreau

So???

lol

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 10, 2015 06:58 pm UTC

Very fun weekend, nice seeing everyone! I went full beast mode and arrived back home at 5am, went to bed for a few hours and went to work. Starting to feel it now though lol.

I've got nearly 500 pics to sort through that I'll start posting later this week.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2015 12:51 am UTC

Got some pics up for those who missed out tongue

http://s689.photobucket.com/user/jdxnc/SO%202015/story

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2015 04:27 am UTC

Perfect, thanks for the pics Jason

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2015 05:25 am UTC

Well I ended up taking the ferry with Tim and Jules.. with just the Talon.. The ferry was awsome! Then I ripped the bumper off the Talon getting off the Ferry. had to fix it in the pouring rain. not fun.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2015 05:30 am UTC

Then shortly after we started our Canadian part of our trip... some douch in a mazda 3, ran off the 401 in front of Tim and ended up across another road..and 40 yards into the field. So we ran out to help... and the cops wshowed up. so that killed an hour Tim will have better details. it is now 1:18 and we been traveling since 3.. so were calling it a night in London.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2015 06:00 am UTC

Uuuuuugh, what a weekend.

Had loads of fun and am beat.

Great to meet you all and spend some quality time OFFLINE and in real life.

Garret, Ghis, and Jamie, I didn't get to say bye in person, because y'all left very early this morning.

Hope to see you guys soon, and I hope to lose this damn accent I picked up in Ohio soon!

I'll post pics up as soon as I'm able.

Successful 23rd DSM Shootout fellas!!!

Yee haw!

*Yes I've been drinking again tongue
Posted By: Chris Mckee

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2015 12:14 pm UTC

I had a blast! Didn't see enough of the canadians but maybe next year smile

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2015 12:17 pm UTC

Their was almost 20 of us and we almost sit at the same place in the grand stand...

Even Reza found us. Where were you at???

Ghislain

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2015 01:03 pm UTC

It was a good time.
The car was quirky while I was racing of course, but still managed to keep dropping my ET's.

The Windsor border was the fastest it has ever been, going there and coming home.

See ya'll next year

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2015 01:26 pm UTC

It was a good time.
The car was quirky while I was racing of course, but still managed to keep dropping my ET's.

The Windsor border was the fastest it has ever been, going there and coming home.

See ya'll next year

Bridge or tunnel?

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2015 01:31 pm UTC

Bridge

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2015 05:03 pm UTC

Here is a pretty good video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvtpl36y-fM&feature=youtu.be
Posted By: Chris Mckee

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2015 05:17 pm UTC

[quote=Ghislain Goudreau]Their was almost 20 of us and we almost sit at the same place in the grand stand...

Even Reza found us. Where were you at???

Ghislain

I was working at the Exedy clutches booth for the most part. Back and forth to the stands. Couldn't argue with free hotel, food and track passes lol. Definitely a decent way of doing it. Probably do the same next year.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2015 06:06 pm UTC

Home!!!!

[Linked Image]

heres a Pic Tim took of my Talon while he was in the police car.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2015 06:19 pm UTC

I missed it this year in favour of MotoGP in Indiana the same weekend. But coming back through Ohio Sunday night I got to see a bunch of cars driving and cars on trailers heading back from the Shootout... so it's almost like I was there. Almost tongue

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2015 06:24 pm UTC

Home!!!!

[Linked Image]

heres a Pic Tim took of my Talon while he was in the police car.

HAHAHAHA best picture ever posted on this forum!!!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2015 06:29 pm UTC

[Linked Image]

Hehe...He liked my car... Altho he suggested I upgrade my injectors.. cause they havent made mine in years!!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2015 07:13 pm UTC

About 4am the night before leaving for the shootout, still lots to do:
[Linked Image]

On the trailer back home:
[Linked Image]

Wasnt nearly as good as last year for me because I missed seeing the dragster run and the red demon because I kept trying to get mine to run correctly with no avail frown.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2015 07:34 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Ghislain Goudreau

At 6:40 Thats the Canadian Embassy representing the yardsale swap meet part of the Shootout!.. with both mine and Jays car!.. Jamie and Mike K are in the begining.

cool vid! But missed a ton of stuff.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2015 08:48 pm UTC

A fellow Quebeccer got probably the closest shot of the GTR crash.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2015 09:01 pm UTC

That was close to going over at 0:12. He had 2 wheels up off the ground.
Hard to see but almost again at 0:14 when it came down on the blown right front.
Good to see him out and walking around.

That was the worst crash I've seen at the Shootout.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2015 11:28 pm UTC

Speaking of crashes, we also found out that Ruben doesn't like cats.
Posted By: Manny Sandhu

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 11, 2015 11:39 pm UTC

uh oh do tell Stephan...story time smile

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2015 12:02 am UTC

Lol let's not !

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2015 01:20 am UTC

I miss you guys already tongue glad everyone got home!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2015 01:55 am UTC

Dont forget Jason Drew hit a Racoon and destroyed his lip. Got blood and guts all over his bumper.
Posted By: Jeremy Gilbert

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2015 02:19 am UTC

Dont forget Jason Drew hit a Racoon and destroyed his lip. Got blood and guts all over his bumper.

I hate those little shits! I've been lucky enough to not hit one with my Talon.. yet.

Knowing Jason, it's probably already been fixed..

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2015 03:01 am UTC

Originally Posted by Jeremy Gilbert

I hate those little shits! I've been lucky enough to not hit one with my Talon.. yet.

Knowing Jason, it's probably already been fixed..

Well it was sorta "fixed" in the heat of the moment, 3am on the side of I90 near the NY/PA border, had tools out removing the left over bits.

I'll probably pick up another, really liked how it looked on the car, looks too bare now.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2015 01:48 pm UTC

Dont forget Jason Drew hit a rakin and destroyed his lip. Got blood and guts all over his bumper.

Fixed that for you.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2015 02:28 pm UTC

[Linked Image]

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2015 02:32 pm UTC

[Linked Image]

heres Jay Drews bumper.. look at that imperfection!

[Linked Image]

This is me fixing my bumper in the pouring rain.. after I ripped it off trying to back off the ferry.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2015 02:41 pm UTC

Jay I figured with the amount of time you spend with the bumper off that you would have disconnects already!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2015 03:00 pm UTC

[Linked Image]

That's exactly what came to mind rotflmao

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2015 05:58 pm UTC

[Linked Image]

heres Jay Drews bumper.. look at that imperfection!

You cut off the part where there's a huge chunk missing lol.

The lip actually folded right in half and went under the car, I had to back up off of it, there's road rash on the top side of it from dragging upside down at 80mph lol.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2015 06:15 pm UTC

How did you manage that?

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2015 06:30 pm UTC

Look up, hit a raccoon.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2015 06:52 pm UTC

OHH sh!t!!! Man that sucks! could have been worse.

Just curious...If you hit an American racoon, is it much fatter than a Canadian one? tongue

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2015 07:06 pm UTC

Welcome to the party Mike, haha!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2015 07:12 pm UTC

Jeeze Mike.. did you see the post about the 2 guys in the Mazda that just about killed me and tim on the 401?

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2015 07:32 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Eng
OHH sh!t!!! Man that sucks! could have been worse.

Just curious...If you hit an American racoon, is it much fatter than a Canadian one? tongue

Sure felt like it.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2015 07:48 pm UTC

Jeeze Mike.. did you see the post about the 2 guys in the Mazda that just about killed me and tim on the 401?

Yeah it rings a bell wink

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 12, 2015 10:33 pm UTC

As soon as I crossed the border coming home the skies opened up, I actually took some pics of a tornadic cloud right near the peace bridge. Driving a 24 year old car in the pouring rain with no a/c, a 6-puck and no power steering through traffic in Toronto was a pain in the ass. I had to get off the 401 because I was hydroplaning so badly, I think my front end alignment is off. I was home by 8:30pm on the Monday left at 10:30 ish. I averaged 490kms per tank though.

Not as crazy a night as Tim and Jay, but I was exhausted mostly due to the stressful downpour couldn't see fogging up conditions. Next year trailering it I think.

Oh that video ghis posted I spotted Jamie, Byron and Mike K at 2:44

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 13, 2015 01:47 am UTC

Here is a video of Me VS Jay Stacey. I gave him a 2 second head start apparently. This was one final test and tune so i didnt know who was actually beside me. I was just trying to figure out how to launch the new clutch.

https://youtu.be/cE9M9xRclIQ

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 13, 2015 03:21 am UTC

That is the run I missed second gear.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 14, 2015 02:03 pm UTC

I`d hate to throw out theorys.. but is this not the same car? Same logo on the trunk!.. Coincidence?
[Linked Image]

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 14, 2015 02:11 pm UTC

I`d hate to throw out theorys.. but is this not the same car? Same logo on the trunk!.. Coincidence?
[Linked Image]

Did that girl's dress actually get blown up by the car? Hahaha...that's awesome.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 14, 2015 02:19 pm UTC

ta.. Ive seen lots of vids.. but only on facebook and I cant just share the video. It was the launch control that lifted it.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 14, 2015 02:25 pm UTC

https://www.facebook.com/boyan.radomirov/videos/950569408332933/

Try this

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 14, 2015 02:31 pm UTC

That works. Hahaha...I like how she keeps filming perfectly and barely even attempts to put her dress back down.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 14, 2015 02:32 pm UTC

there prolly 20+ vids going around. from who ever was behind her. I hope she knows its out there.. One post said they knew who she was...

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 14, 2015 02:33 pm UTC

The vid I just posted was found on my Local Drift page.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 14, 2015 04:19 pm UTC

It was a full back Friday. Poor girl got caught on laundry day.
Posted By: Johnny Larmond

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2015 02:03 am UTC

[Linked Image]

hahaha. beauty

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2015 02:48 pm UTC

Here's a link to my album on Facebook.

I've made the album public so anyone should be able to view it even without an account.

Let me know if you can't.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...844.48904987&type=1&l=263bd55982

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2015 03:11 pm UTC

Here is a video of Me VS Jay Stacey. I gave him a 2 second head start apparently. This was one final test and tune so i didnt know who was actually beside me. I was just trying to figure out how to launch the new clutch.

https://youtu.be/cE9M9xRclIQ

Damn good camera man, I wonder who it was. wink

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2015 04:17 pm UTC

That's pretty sweet you met tom and jafro!
Did they have a 1g version of that shirt or just the one you have there, some wicked loot you got!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2015 04:42 pm UTC

The 1G shirt is in that pic.

I bought too small though frown

Medium is too tight, should've tried it on first.

If anyone wants it, $25 CDN.

Jafro was super cool, got all tech-talk on me and my eyes glazed over, but Salomon came over to reciprocate luckily haha

Tom was like an old friend you hadn't seen in a long time, super friendly and just an all around good conversationalist.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2015 05:14 pm UTC

Yeah I really want to meet Jafro just for that, would be wicked to pick his brain on all that stuff. He also said he is already planning his trip for next year so that will be cool.

Yeah the burnout 1g is cool, I just meant if the shoot out shirt had one where the bottom car was a 1g instead.

That's cool, I just started watching tom this year so been going through all his stuff.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2015 05:16 pm UTC

Oh, no the shootout shirt was only 1 design.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2015 06:20 pm UTC

The 1G shirt is in that pic.

I bought too small though frown

Medium is too tight, should've tried it on first.

If anyone wants it, $25 CDN.

Jafro was super cool, got all tech-talk on me and my eyes glazed over, but Salomon came over to reciprocate luckily haha

Tom was like an old friend you hadn't seen in a long time, super friendly and just an all around good conversationalist.

Jafro was awesome. He's a smart guy and knows a lot. He's also super, super nice! I wish I could bring him home to take care of all my projects for me while I'm at work! Hahaha

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 26, 2015 02:24 pm UTC

Finally had some time to sit down and put these videos together.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 26, 2015 02:31 pm UTC

That white Talon (2nd run) ran 10.2 with stock 7bolt?! That's impressive!

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 26, 2015 02:35 pm UTC

That's correct, he made many 10 second passes.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 26, 2015 02:44 pm UTC

Yeah that was one of my favourite cars, because he didn't break, stock 7 bolt, and slightly ghetto.

The car was completely gutted though, so it wasn't really a street car.

Still impressive as hell

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 26, 2015 04:11 pm UTC

Jason, regarding your video.
Is that your own intro and sound track?

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 26, 2015 10:23 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Alex Akachinskiy
Jason, regarding your video.
Is that your own intro and sound track?

Yes I made it, it's a short clip of Royal Blood - Come on over and a photoshopped 2014 shootout shirt.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 26, 2015 11:49 pm UTC

Sandra and I were discussing the shirt.. why? Dont like the 2015 shirt?

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 27, 2015 12:56 am UTC

I didn't have a picture of it with me at the time.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 27, 2015 01:45 pm UTC

Just had a thought.

Reza, it was cool meeting you and all, but WHERE WAS THE CHICKEN!?!?

tongue

(Re: DSM invasion video)

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 27, 2015 07:21 pm UTC

*tap tap tap* Hello is this thing on? *cough*
Posted By: Guillaume Berton

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 28, 2015 01:27 pm UTC

tongue

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - September 15, 2015 03:36 pm UTC

The Shootout
Yesterday at 10:44am ·

The 24th Annual SHOOTOUT has been schedules for 2016.
Dates are Friday 19th, Saturday 20th and Sunday the 21st.

Dates are set, get booked, ZERO excuses tongue

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - September 15, 2015 03:40 pm UTC

The Shootout

I'll be there.

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2016 04:11 pm UTC

The Shootout

I'll be there.

Vaca Booked laugh
Posted By: Devon Bloomfield

Re: 23rd ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 26, 2016 05:09 pm UTC

I'll be there just don't know if I'll be racing lol probably just be sitting at the trailer drinking and relaxing all weekend. any convoys running down?
© 2024 Club DSM Canada