25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT

Posted By: Jason Drew

25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 28, 2017 03:45 am UTC

People are starting to book and places are filling up. Booked my stay for this year. You've got 7 months to plan, no excuses! We need a big Canadian showing!

http://highboostforum.com/forum/showthread.php/29372-The-Shootout
Posted By: Jay Stacey

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 28, 2017 02:21 pm UTC

Where you staying this year?

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 28, 2017 02:32 pm UTC

I heard the popular hotels aready called the regulars last month and offered first shot at their rooms from last year.

I dont normally book till march. Dont know my holidays till then. We will be staying at the Plantation.
Posted By: Isaque Nunes

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 30, 2017 12:25 pm UTC

Ok guys, I want to go to this... I looked it up. Do you guys go to hang out or to race? I'd like to put the lancer on the 1/4 track but not sure how many races it is?
Just don't want to beat the car down lol... If it's like 3-4 races for the weekend it's ok. Or if I can just do a few passes and not enter in a "class" to race.
Cheers
Isaque.

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 30, 2017 02:46 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Jay Stacey
Where you staying this year?

Booked at the Super 8 in Milan, will see if I stay there though, I reserved it as an option, we'll see how things play out.

Originally Posted by Isaque Nunes
Ok guys, I want to go to this... I looked it up. Do you guys go to hang out or to race? I'd like to put the lancer on the 1/4 track but not sure how many races it is?
Just don't want to beat the car down lol... If it's like 3-4 races for the weekend it's ok. Or if I can just do a few passes and not enter in a "class" to race.
Cheers
Isaque.

Some race, some hang out, it's a good mix. You'd likely do T&T if you just want to try out the car, which there's very little time for in between qualifying and whatnot. I got in 2 passes last year. Things are going to be tricky with the new rules this year, maybe it'll open up some time for T&T.

Even going to hang out and show off the car is worth it. I pay for a racer bracelet regardless to get the good parking lol.

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 30, 2017 02:51 pm UTC

Ok Thanks Jason. Sounds good.

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 30, 2017 03:11 pm UTC

If you dont pay racer fees you cant show off your car in the pits with the rest of us.

Most of us run time trials for fun.. Friday night is a test n tune. Which we try to stay sobor for.

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 30, 2017 03:11 pm UTC

And I think if you dont pay racers fee... Or are part of someones pit crew.. Your not alout in the pit area..

I could be wrong.. Its still sketchy

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 30, 2017 03:24 pm UTC

And I think if you dont pay racers fee... Or are part of someones pit crew.. Your not alout in the pit area..

I could be wrong.. Its still sketchy

Everyone is allowed in the pit area, it's the staging lanes that only driver and pit crew are allowed now. But you can't bring your car in the pit parking unless you pay to be a racer.

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - January 30, 2017 03:24 pm UTC

Most of us run time trials for fun.. Friday night is a test n tune. Which we try to stay sobor for.

There's qualifying Friday now too.
Posted By: Mike Kuttschrutter

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 01, 2017 08:33 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Isaque Nunes
Cheers
Isaque.

Come race max effort, spin some cones sit in lineup as "cool down" and repeat 6 times.
Then hit up the drag strip and "hot lap" your 3 drag passes.

Like Jason said, some people are up at the crack of dawn to go race their event, some just do a couple test passes, some just drink all weekend.
Posted By: Adam Grenon

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - February 24, 2017 12:59 pm UTC

I ran test and tune with my RA and pulled off a 14.2, 100% stock. Not bad for a 3400lb slug.

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 02, 2017 08:51 pm UTC

ClubDSMCanada attendee list!

1. Jason Stacey.. Talon(trailered)..plantation

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 02, 2017 10:46 pm UTC

1. Jason Drew .. Eclipse - Super 8 Sandusky, this could change
Posted By: Mike Lane

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 03, 2017 01:17 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Jason Drew

2. Jason Drew .. Eclipse - Super 8 Sandusky, this could change
3. Mike lane minus a dsm??

On that note I haven't looked into rooms yet. I'd be happy to pitch for half a room a couch or armchair even 😆
Might try and bring a lady, but depends how things pan out till then and she runs a hectic schedule. options open for now spending too much on the build to deal with rooms right now
Posted By: Ian Burnside

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - March 05, 2017 12:41 am UTC

I'm looking to share a room and possibly catch a ride from Toronto down. Don't need my car down there for the most part.
Posted By: Mike Pimentel

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 18, 2017 01:24 am UTC

3. Mike lane minus a dsm???
4. Mike Pimentel Super 8 Sandusky Milan, room booked already

Leaving Thursday. Will there be a convoy heading down?
Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 18, 2017 02:33 am UTC

5. Ziggy Dietrich...going down to Michigan the weekend before to a high school reunion, heading to the shootout from there. Staying at the Quality Inn in Milan
Posted By: Ghislain Goudreau

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 20, 2017 03:22 am UTC

Going to the Plantation. Have not called in my reservation yet.

Garrett Logan should be my bitch and we might get Ian to complete the 3 some... Should be fun.

GizThaWiz!!!
Posted By: Ian Burnside

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 22, 2017 04:57 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Ghislain Goudreau
Going to the Plantation. Have not called in my reservation yet.

Garrett Logan should be my bitch and we might get Ian to complete the 3 some... Should be fun.

GizThaWiz!!!

I like where this is going......

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 23, 2017 03:23 am UTC

Mike is now add a DSM laugh and I m trying to get friday off, not sure where I m sleeping yet. Only a few hours from me anyways.

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - June 27, 2017 02:29 pm UTC

5. Ziggy Dietrich...going down to Michigan the weekend before to a high school reunion, heading to the shootout from there. Staying at the Quality Inn in Milan
6. Mike Kuttz .. Talon.. Plantation or track, or both? Aiming to race autocross and 11.50 bracket

Mike P. I'll be headed down Thursday as well from London most likely, probably with a couple other guys.
Posted By: Ghislain Goudreau

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 15, 2017 03:49 am UTC

Things might be changing.

Scott Neville might be coming with his son Jordan. That would be 4 of us in a room...

I am away and will know more in a week or so.

Ghislain
Posted By: Mike Pimentel

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 15, 2017 08:13 pm UTC

Awesome! We'll keep in touch. Still not sure if ill be going in the talon or the S4, but i will be going for sure.

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 15, 2017 11:35 pm UTC

3. Mike lane Red 99 GSx number 2 pending transmission and throw out bearing reinstall with no future issues
6. Mike Kuttz .. Talon.. Plantation or track, or both? Aiming to race autocross and 11.50 bracket

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 16, 2017 02:13 am UTC

I now have a truck so I might be trailering my car so I can do the 11.5 class as well. Need to find a trailer still.

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - July 17, 2017 05:48 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Jason Drew
I now have a truck so I might be trailering my car so I can do the 11.5 class as well. Need to find a trailer still.

Get a double long one, and pick me up on the way smile

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 08, 2017 05:59 pm UTC

I have room available at the hotel if anyone needs a place to stay, The Super 8 is a pretty notorious party place.

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 09, 2017 02:36 pm UTC

Spot filled.

7. Nick Lamoureux (owner of Turbo Parts Canada) - Super 8 Sandusky

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 09, 2017 05:16 pm UTC

Nice
Posted By: Alex Akachinskiy

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 09, 2017 11:54 pm UTC

Congrats to all!
Posted By: Salomon Ponte

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 10, 2017 02:50 am UTC

I plan to be there the Friday and probably the Sunday. I won't be staying in town but will instead just be driving back and forth to Michigan.
Posted By: Tim Sedore

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 15, 2017 03:29 pm UTC

I will be going and bringing my "new" Evo 8. 2003 with only 50k miles.

I have a convoy leaving Oakville Thurs around 1pm. Hit me up if you want to join in.

Jason Stacey
Ian Burnside
4 Evo X
1 Ralliart

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Devon Bloomfield

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2017 05:15 am UTC

looks like i wont be making another year, my 1g skipped timing back in June and i haven't touched it since i pulled it apart, AND to top it all off my road test for my AZ license is on the Saturday... so to all that are going have a great trip and safe driving!! laugh
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 17, 2017 03:58 pm UTC

Unfortunately to much in flux for us for me to make it this year which is too bad cause I thought this would be the one. make sure you boys take tons of pics and enjoy yourselves!!

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 21, 2017 03:56 am UTC

Well I placed 4th out of 17 in the 11.5 index class. Only made 1 run in the 11s.. air was hot and dry. So it was really hard on the cars.

Beat Jason drew tho!!!!!!!!

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 21, 2017 11:22 am UTC

Haha nice work mr stacey! I knew when I saw you run that 12.11 that you had more in there for sure!
Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 22, 2017 01:23 am UTC

I hope everyone got home safe and sound and had a great time!

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 22, 2017 07:39 pm UTC

Had an awesome time, I too competed in the 11.5 index, 6 passes all ranging between 11.6-11.8 @ 123-125mph...except one, against Mr. Stacey in second round of eliminations, I bogged the launch netting a high 2 second 60' and tried running him down but ended up about a car length short despite my best effort and revving it out to nearly 9000rpm, could not have asked for a better competitor to get knocked out by smile That run clocked in at 12.25 @ 124

I also put the car on the dyno Friday, out of a whim, hadn't planned to but the dyno was quiet so I figured why not!

First pull Dave let out at 7000rpm, I saw 480hp on the screen and I told him to rev it out to 8500. 2nd and final pull showed 532hp, Dave said it was the only car of the day to make more power on the second pull.

All in all, very good time. Only issue I had was breaking 2 springs on my trailer one hour from home. I was able to jack it up, shove a few blocks of wood in between the axles and frame and strap it tightly together and drove the rest of the way.

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 25, 2017 01:05 am UTC

Here's a few shots I took of our gang

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 30, 2017 04:34 pm UTC

Just watched your video!! Cool stuff! Nice shots!

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - August 31, 2017 01:21 pm UTC

Thanks!

Re: 25th ANNUAL DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT - September 01, 2017 11:03 am UTC

So bad ass Jason! I smile every time I see that DSM in Instagram!
Awesome job on the car dude. Hope to hit the shootout next year as this year was a complete crap shoot with car bugs and life.
Cheers
© 2024 Club DSM Canada