How do I hardwire a 1g MAF-T Ver. 2.??

Posted By: brendan warwick

How do I hardwire a 1g MAF-T Ver. 2.?? - February 06, 2009 05:02 am UTC

Ok, I got a maf-t, but the harness is chopped off. I was able to find what the wires on the maf-t were but not the wires maf harness, I believe there is 5 wires on the maf-t for it's harness and 7 wires on the stock maf harness.so what I would like to know is if I cut the maf harness which wires go where? And is there do any other sensors use the same plug as the maf-t(beside ripping my air can apart lol).

Posted By: Rob Strelecki

Re: How do I hardwire a 1g MAF-T Ver. 2.?? - February 06, 2009 05:09 am UTC

You can probably figure it out from this V-FAQ:
http://www.vfaq.com/mods/2GMAF-1G.html

Re: How do I hardwire a 1g MAF-T Ver. 2.?? - February 06, 2009 05:47 am UTC

Ok thanks, I think I got it, here is what I think it is , but there is some left over wires :S

MAF/ / MAF-T
Green/Orange(Intake Air Temp) + Brown(Air Temp Signal)
Green/Yellow(Barometric) + Gray(Barometric)
Green/LBlue(Air flow signal) + Green(Translator fequency signal)
Green/Blue(ground) + Black(ground)
Red(MPI control relay) + Pink(12v)

Now whats left is
Green/Red(5 volt for sensors)
Green/White(Idle Position switch)
Is this right? If so, I have to find where these left over wires go I can't see it not using them

Re: How do I hardwire a 1g MAF-T Ver. 2.?? - February 06, 2009 06:52 am UTC

Maybe the
Green/Red(5v) goes to the Red(MPI) and
Green/White(IPS) goes to the Green(TFS)
Aswell as the other wires already using these wires.
Posted By: Rob Strelecki

Re: How do I hardwire a 1g MAF-T Ver. 2.?? - February 06, 2009 04:15 pm UTC

I'm guessing you would not use those left-over wires:

You don't need power for the sensors since you're not using the stock MAFS anymore (there are no sensors to power).

I think the idle switch (sensor reset) wire is only for the stock MAFS. That wire does not send any reading to the ECU, so there's no effect of it being disconnected.

Re: How do I hardwire a 1g MAF-T Ver. 2.?? - February 06, 2009 09:12 pm UTC

If anyone has a maf-t could you take a look or snap some close ups of the harness (on the maf-t side) so I can see forsure before I go hook it up.
Posted By: Ryan Laliberte

Re: How do I hardwire a 1g MAF-T Ver. 2.?? - February 06, 2009 10:26 pm UTC

If you have questions, check out www.fullthrottletech.com They made the MAF-T.

Re: How do I hardwire a 1g MAF-T Ver. 2.?? - February 07, 2009 03:10 am UTC

Ya, I have searched all over the internet with no luck, I was able to figure out which each wire is, but not which ones go together. As well on that full throttle tech, they don't seem to answer anyones questions or help them with their problems. I saw 3 people asking them the same question one was old and still no response, kinda makes me wonder how good it really is when they don't have time to answer a question or two lol.
Posted By: kent Hennigar

Re: How do I hardwire a 1g MAF-T Ver. 2.?? - February 07, 2009 03:53 am UTC

Corrected me if I am wrong, there are 1 or 2 left over wires in the 1g. I think I will have to go look at how I hocked mine up. It has been a while seance i have touched it. Do you mind snapping a few pics of the wire harness on the MAF-t perhaps i can go line up witch wires go were for you. If I am not mistaken the factory boost regulator is another connection in the same bunch of wires going to the factory MAF ?
and you are using this MAF-t with DSM link V2 ?
might be less work to get V3 and buy there new groovy GM MAF cord that they are selling for 70 $ or something like that !

Pictures tell a 1000 words If I can see it I would have a better idea of what is going on.
Posted By: Ryan Laliberte

Re: How do I hardwire a 1g MAF-T Ver. 2.?? - February 07, 2009 04:55 am UTC

You will have 2 wires left you don't need to connect. One is white, the other purple.

The purple is for your RPM pickup from the CAS, you don't need this.

Can't remember what the white one is for.

Re: How do I hardwire a 1g MAF-T Ver. 2.?? - February 07, 2009 05:44 am UTC

Yes I know about those wires, but there are 2 left over that are from the stock maf harness not the maf-t, no I don't have dsm link just ver. 2.xx of the maf-t. As for pictures I won't be near my car till Sunday maybe tomorrow, but that would be hard as I have my 2 daughters and only 1 passenger seat + belt in the talon.

Ya the purple and white the white is the rpm signal and goes to the third wire on the cas, the purple All it says anywahere is to tape it off.
Posted By: Steve Kinnaird

Re: How do I hardwire a 1g MAF-T Ver. 2.?? - February 07, 2009 02:37 pm UTC

I'm going to guess the wires you have left over from the MAF side are for the temp sensor. You don't need it anymore when running the GM MAF.

I'm sure looking up the wire colours on the charts linked above could confirm it...

Re: How do I hardwire a 1g MAF-T Ver. 2.?? - February 07, 2009 02:59 pm UTC

I have looked over and over the charts, but still couldn't come up with a soild answer.
What would happen if it got hooked up incorrectly?
Is it possible to cause damage to the car(engine)? (All the knobs will be at zero).
Posted By: Greg Kelly

Re: How do I hardwire a 1g MAF-T Ver. 2.?? - February 07, 2009 04:50 pm UTC

This is what you need to do:

Code
MAF-T                     CAR SIDE
-----                     --------
PINK  - +12V            - RED
GREEN - MAF SIGNAL      - GREEN/BLUE 
BLACK - GROUND          - GREEN/BLACK
BROWN - AIR TEMP SIGNAL - GREEN/ORANGE
GRAY  - BARO SIGNAL     - GREEN/YELLOW

You don't need to connect the other 2 wires on the MAF-T or any remaining wires on the factory MAF. If you plan to use the MAF-T for RPM based tuning you will need to connect the WHITE wire on the MAF-T to your CAS signal.

Re: How do I hardwire a 1g MAF-T Ver. 2.?? - February 07, 2009 04:54 pm UTC

Thanks for the help everyone!!! I will install it on sunday, and if I have any problems I'll post back.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada