No Boost!

Posted By: Deep Mann

No Boost! - July 29, 2011 07:10 pm UTC

Hey guys cars a 97 tsi awd. I just replaced the turbo on the car with a rebuit one. Its a GT35R. Everything is hooked up, no exhaust leaks. Car is not building any boost and is shutting off while driving and coming to a stop. Cant even build a single pound of boost. Its externally gated. It is also smoking when going into higher rpms.
Posted By: Chris Browning

Re: No Boost! - July 29, 2011 08:43 pm UTC

Did you check to see if the turbo wheel spins freely? Maybe just take the intake off and check, if its blocked by something it wouldn't build any boost and would trap alot of heat in the engine, just a thought.

Re: No Boost! - July 29, 2011 09:22 pm UTC

Yes, The turbo wheel is spinning freely.
Posted By: Kyle Guba

Re: No Boost! - July 29, 2011 09:51 pm UTC

maybe the wastegate is set to loose and is open
Posted By: miguel barros

Re: No Boost! - July 29, 2011 10:15 pm UTC

Deep, I already told you that motor is cooked. The guy who I sold the car to, overheated the f@ck out of it to the point he melted sh!t under the hood. It's got more issues that you probably think of. Start with looking after those issues and go from there. That's my 00.2. You may not like what I am telling you, but it's the truth.

Re: No Boost! - July 29, 2011 11:59 pm UTC

Originally Posted by miguel barros
Deep, I already told you that motor is cooked. The guy who I sold the car to, overheated the f@ck out of it to the point he melted sh!t under the hood. It's got more issues that you probably think of. Start with looking after those issues and go from there. That's my 00.2. You may not like what I am telling you, but it's the truth.

Melted sh!t under the hood ? I dont see anything melted, Compression is fine across the board. Car does not overheat.

Re: No Boost! - July 30, 2011 12:00 am UTC

Originally Posted by Kyle Guba
maybe the wastegate is set to loose and is open
If the gate is open, gases should come out of the dump tube right. I will check tomorrow if there are any gases being dumped.
Posted By: Wojciech Figurniak

Re: No Boost! - September 17, 2011 03:16 am UTC

Miguel you are an a$$hole, I told you that I took it to the mechanic and compression was fine and so was the motor, it was the turbo that broke a shaft. If you knew how a motor works you would understand that even a cooked motor will build compression, do you know what makes the turbo spin? I thought so..

and thanks for telling Deep that I cooked a motor when I did not and all you wanted to do was so he didn't buy it. And to be honest I wouldn't have sold it to you anyways after lowballing be for such a nice car like it was a fracking cavalier, shame on you, because you are not right dude. Miguel - shady guy

my 0.02 cents

Re: No Boost! - September 17, 2011 03:18 am UTC

Oh and btw, the rad that came with the car when I first bought it was a joke...someone used shitty glue to seal a plug...WOW, which needed to be replaced 3 weeks after I bought the car. So either you got screwed by you friend or you lied.
Posted By: Ryan Laliberte

Re: No Boost! - September 17, 2011 04:32 am UTC

The wastegate is held shut by a spring which will override exhaust pressure. If it's not building boost, I'd suspect a few things:

Valve or ignition timing
Boost leaks
Kinked oil return line
Clogged cat/muffler

Check those out.
Posted By: miguel barros

Re: No Boost! - September 17, 2011 11:19 am UTC

Originally Posted by Wojciech Figurniak
Miguel you are an a$$hole, I told you that I took it to the mechanic and compression was fine and so was the motor, it was the turbo that broke a shaft. If you knew how a motor works you would understand that even a cooked motor will build compression, do you know what makes the turbo spin? I thought so..

and thanks for telling Deep that I cooked a motor when I did not and all you wanted to do was so he didn't buy it. And to be honest I wouldn't have sold it to you anyways after lowballing be for such a nice car like it was a fracking cavalier, shame on you, because you are not right dude. Miguel - shady guy

my 0.02 cents

You can go f@ck yourself you tool. Ive been around this board a lot longer than you and have had many many dealings with people. I'll let them decide if I'm shady or not. That car was running beautiful until you put your hands on it and killed it.

For what it's worth, I hope deep fixes the car and enjoys it like the way it was meant, not to be abused by a tool like you.

Re: No Boost! - September 17, 2011 04:39 pm UTC

Comeon guys, no need to argue over this sh!t. DSM Saviour Rob S. is coming by today and checking her out. Wojciech is a Good guy and so is Miguel. I will update what happens with the car.
Posted By: Alex Akachinskiy

Re: No Boost! - September 17, 2011 05:53 pm UTC

miguel barros is an excellent guy and DSMer. Had nothing but positive experince dealing/knowing him. Knows his stuff does not use cheap parts.

Originally Posted by Deep Mann
DSM Saviour Rob S. is coming by today and checking her out.

Please be sure to buy chicken wings or ....

Re: No Boost! - September 17, 2011 07:01 pm UTC

Wow, very intelligent reply. Not only did you not address anything that I mentioned you accuse me of abusing the car. How? By driving it downtown for 2 months? And barely boosting. What does abuse meant to you? Did I take it to the drag strip or I guess you assume I was bouncing the motor of the rev limiter just for fun all day long.

I dont care how long you have been here, that does not change the facts that you lied to Depp about me cooking the motor. Try producing replies which actually address the things I brought up.
Posted By: Ryan Laliberte

Re: No Boost! - September 17, 2011 09:20 pm UTC

Keep it on topic or it's getting locked please.
Posted By: Dio Long

Re: No Boost! - September 20, 2011 02:43 am UTC

Hard to tell how to help without having all your mods mentioned etc etc. But something to try for starters is, double check your boost controller. I only mention this as I have 2 dsms, and on both when I hooked up the EBC since both cars have different set ups noticed similar effect with turbo just coz of a crossed vac line. Make sure your lines are free of cracks and check boost leaks.
Posted By: Tim Sedore

Re: No Boost! - September 20, 2011 02:55 am UTC

Maybe start with a boost leak test?

Re: No Boost! - September 20, 2011 02:59 am UTC

Yes we did a boost leak test, No leaks, Me and Rob are suspecting the wastegate. Also I need a new motor, So Once I find it and Install it I will update.
Posted By: Alex Akachinskiy

Re: No Boost! - September 20, 2011 03:12 am UTC

What is wrong with the current motor Deep?

Re: No Boost! - September 20, 2011 03:20 am UTC

developed a knock at 3500. Seen some shavings in the pan and some metal pieces. Dont know exactly were its from, I dont want to waste time looking and finding the problem. Just get a good 7 bolt drop it in asap and get it back on the road.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada