RetroFit or demon eye

Posted By: Tim Sedore

RetroFit or demon eye - April 15, 2015 12:30 am UTC

Does anyone on here know how to convert a GSR headlight to HID? I bought the HID kit but if I just install it into the standard housing I will blind everyone.

Anyone ever done one?
Posted By: Adam Grenon

Re: RetroFit or demon eye - April 15, 2015 01:23 am UTC

You need the projector lenses etc. If retrofitting. Or a set of headlights with projectors already in them?
Posted By: Lucian Marta

Re: RetroFit or demon eye - April 21, 2015 05:32 pm UTC

Doesn't the MR come with projectors factory? Or even maybe the higher up model RA. Maybe you can find a set of factory projector headlights and install them and sell your current ones?
Posted By: EK

Re: RetroFit or demon eye - April 28, 2015 05:30 am UTC

Ralliarts (old ones anyway) come with projectors. MR comes with them also, and I believe the GSR has an option to get them. So you can certainly buy the housings already built in. No need to redesign what's been done. Just expect a hefty price tag.

Re: RetroFit or demon eye - April 28, 2015 05:32 pm UTC

Eric! you live....

you coming to ohio? smile

Buying OEM lights....what is the fun in that
Posted By: Reza Mirza

Re: RetroFit or demon eye - April 28, 2015 05:55 pm UTC

GSR's in Canada do not come with HID's. Also only the premium Ralliarts came with HID's similar to EVO MR's.

You have a few options.
(1) Buy the depo style OEM headlights with projectors for your HID kit. You can find both headlights on ebay for around $300. I have seen these on another EVO and personally could not tell the difference.

(2) You can buy used Evo X HID's like this on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2008-MITSUBI...57802094?hash=item1e7db17a6e&vxp=mtr

(3) Order them brand new OEM from Mitsu for about $600-$800 a side.

Personally I am just going to order the original Evo X MR HID's when the price goes down a bit lower.

Re: RetroFit or demon eye - May 06, 2015 02:41 pm UTC

Thanks Reza. frown Looks like ebay it is...
© 2024 Club DSM Canada