Anyone in the GTA able to help change door hinges?

Posted By: Dustin Prosser

Anyone in the GTA able to help change door hinges? - August 23, 2016 01:23 pm UTC

Door hinges are shot on my 2g
Im in Etobicoke without my tools.
Anyone able to host a repair shop?
I'll supply beer and pizza
Posted By: Jeremy Gilbert

Re: Anyone in the GTA able to help change door hinges? - August 23, 2016 03:42 pm UTC

At the moment, no.. but I'll be doing this on my own soon and once I have an idea as to what is involved I'd be happy to come down and help out.

Wouldn't be for at least a month though.

Re: Anyone in the GTA able to help change door hinges? - August 23, 2016 03:52 pm UTC

Hoping for today as my door wont open
Climbing through passengers side lol
Posted By: Isaque Nunes

Re: Anyone in the GTA able to help change door hinges? - August 23, 2016 04:11 pm UTC

Can you make it to Milton? I can help this evening if you'd like.
Do you have new hinges?
Let me know.

Cheers
Posted By: Jeremy Gilbert

Re: Anyone in the GTA able to help change door hinges? - August 23, 2016 04:24 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Dustin Prosser
my door wont open

Can you elaborate on this?

It's rare that worn hinges will prevent a door from opening altogether. Often the issues caused by worn hinges can be temporarily alleviated by lifting the door at the back.
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: Anyone in the GTA able to help change door hinges? - August 23, 2016 06:30 pm UTC

Sounds like a broken latch mechanism

Re: Anyone in the GTA able to help change door hinges? - August 23, 2016 06:38 pm UTC

Just pulled the door. Body is tore where the hinge mounts

Re: Anyone in the GTA able to help change door hinges? - August 23, 2016 06:40 pm UTC

Sorry, by "door wont open" I actually meant it was binding on the fender and actually unable to be opened
Posted By: Isaque Nunes

Re: Anyone in the GTA able to help change door hinges? - August 23, 2016 07:20 pm UTC

So the door is not attached to your car any longer?

Re: Anyone in the GTA able to help change door hinges? - August 23, 2016 08:44 pm UTC

Door is off, yes
Posted By: Mike Eng

Re: Anyone in the GTA able to help change door hinges? - August 24, 2016 01:44 am UTC

Do you mean the unibody?

Eeek that's not a fun repair
© 2024 Club DSM Canada