1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified)

Posted By: Michael Druciarek

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified) - October 10, 2008 03:50 am UTC

I`m going to have a feeler to see how this goes. If it doesn't sell, I`ll just keep the car smile

For sale is a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. Please follow the link for more photos:

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX.

I am the second owner on the car. I will list what modifications the car has, the good points, and the bad points. I have pictures of everything, and more will be taken if anybody asks for them. If there is something I haven't explained or listed, please let me know and I`ll update my post.

The car currently has about 123,xxx miles on the body, and roughly 30k km on the motor. It has grey leather interior with basically un-used passanger and rear seats. The driver seat has the usuall wear and tear.

Couple points before I start. I would like to have this car sold to someone competent, and who's been in DSM's for some time. I`m not interested in selling this car to a person who just got out of high-school and will run crying to me if a vacuum line blows of and they don't know why the car won't start anymore. The car is heavily modified and I will assume you are familiar with getting dirty and working on cars. If you have to ask me how cold the A/C blows on this car, then it's clearly not the car for you.

Now then.. let's move on to the bad points and get them out of the way. I will list everything with my utmost honesty, as I`m not interested in having any bad dealings with anyone on this board. I am going to school, have quit my job, and need this car sold so I can buy something new, prefferably with a warranty and concern myself with school and not cars.

[Linked Image]

The bad:
- The hatch has a rust spot near both of the corners near the bottom where water collects. This can be seen on one of the pictures taken by me. There is also rust starting to appear where you grab the hatch to open it. Along the rear lights, this can also be seen in one of the pictures I've taken.

- The front windshield has a small rock chip from a year ago. I never bothered to get it fixed, but it's not getting any bigger and it's never given me any trouble with the police or anything of that sorts.

- The sunroof works fine, except when trying to slide it close, it's missing some sort of a small plastic pin in one of it's guides, and doesn't fully close once in a while. It required you to push the button 2-3 times before it goes in properly.. otherwise fine.

- Antenna was bent because it wasn't retracted when going into a car wash (oops), so I just forced it into the closed position and that's the way it stays.

- The A/C actually works in this car, except it overheats if left on for too long. I`m suspecting its because my DNP manifold is not wrapped and is transferring too much heat to the rad.

- ISC is wonky, it idles high when you first start the car for a whole 5min, and then goes back to normal.

- I've installed an aftermarket deck, but have no caps on the tweeters so I've disconnected them because they were being overpowered, so it sounds like most of the sound is coming only from the rear-speakers. If you can solder some caps on the tweeters, just plug them back in.

- The ABS light just recently came on. No idea what is causing it.

MODS
=============

Engine:
- 6 bolt block bored bored .020 over (Assembled by Robert Cauduro)
- Wiseco 9:1 Pistons
- Eagle H-beam rods
- HKS 272/272 regrinds
- Mistu OEM metal head gasket
- Fidanza lightweight flywheel
- Blacktop Cam sensor

Fuel:
- Fic 1000cc injectors
- Walbro 255lph highflo fuel pump
- Fully steel braided lines and AN from pump to rail
- Inline AN fuel filter with replacable filter
- Aeromotive FPR with guage

Suspension:
- Full Tein-sport adjustable coil-over suspenssion with dampening adjustement

Turbo:
- FP T3/T4 GT30R Turbo with 0.63ar turbine housing w/ 4" Antisurge compressor housing
- Inline oil filter for turbo
- Tial 44mm red-top wastegate with atmosphere dump
- FP 4" Intake pipe
- DNP T3/T4 manifold
- Huge front-mount bar and plate intercooler with 3" piping
- Ball & spring + relief valve boost controller
- 3" turbo-back exhaust with magnaflow high-flow cat
- Some 3" straight-through muffler

Guages:
- 2-guage pod on A pillar
- 2-guage bezel on the instrument panel
- Autometer oil pressure and fuel pressure (electronic) in the instrument panel
- Autometer boost guage on A-pillar
- AEM digital o2 wideband on A-pillar

Cooling:
- Stock rad with 2 slimfans attached
- Setrab side-mount oil cooler with AN fittings

Extra:
- Blits turbo timer mounted on steering column
- Slotted rotors

Car has 180psi across the board +/- 4psi. Car comes equipped with DSMLink v2 - please don't ask me how much power the car makes or what times it runs because I've never been to a dyno or the track so I don't know. The car has ZERO leaks and starts up every single day without a problem. I have it tuned for 87 octane and a lean mixture because I have a 65km drive to school each day on the highway and I cannot afford the gas. If you want, I can go out one night and give you a rought tune for 18psi, you can have the fun of playing with it on your own smile

The car should be able to take make 400hp very easily and the engine should take anything you throw at it.

If you want to come by and have a look at the car yourself, that's fine. I live near Winston Churchill and Dundas in Mississauga. I can also drive out and meet you if you want to take a look at the car yourself. No test drivers please, like I said - You know the car I`m selling and it's not like you've never driven one before.

I can't think of a single reason why the car shouldn't be able to get a safety certification. Everything works fine, the breaks, the windows, lights, seatbelts, etc.. etc..

As for emissions, that's a different story and you`ll have to worry about getting it done (wink wink).

Ask away with any questions you guys may have. I`ll visit the post often to check up on it. Thanks for the space.

Asking price is $13,000 o.b.o
Posted By: Cesar Ito

Re: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified) - October 10, 2008 04:28 am UTC

maybe one of the wheel sensors has failed?

isc is for sissies, lol

Re: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified) - October 10, 2008 11:19 am UTC

Originally Posted by Cesar Ito
maybe one of the wheel sensors has failed?

isc is for sissies, lol

That's what I say smile
Posted By: Malcolm Harris

Re: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified) - October 10, 2008 03:14 pm UTC

All that work and your running 87 Octane, nice car tu

I hope it finds a good home.

Re: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified) - October 10, 2008 04:30 pm UTC

Haha, I`m running 87 octane cuz I just drive to school and back. No racing or tuning anymore, no money for that frown

Also correction, asking price is $12k, I don't know why I put $13k

Re: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified) - October 11, 2008 03:12 am UTC

Come on guys, shoot me an offer. I need to buy an econobox soon smile

Re: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified) - October 17, 2008 11:32 am UTC

Last bump guys, give me a reasonable offer and the car is yours.

Re: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified) - November 02, 2008 10:13 pm UTC

UPDATE: Car made 310hp @ the wheels at 20psi with next to no tuning at four star motorsports dyno.

I have to sell the car because I have a new one coming very soon.

First $5000 takes it.

Comes with laptop for dsmlink as well and original technical manuals from Mitsubishi.

Call my cell at 416-832-6665 if interested.
Posted By: Scharok Nieknam

Re: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified) - November 02, 2008 11:10 pm UTC

wow, $7k price drop?

how's the 2G rust situation on the shock towers? any on this car?

Re: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified) - November 02, 2008 11:18 pm UTC

I dropped the price a bit too much frown

However, I need the money so... highest bidder with money delivered to me gets the car. If someone wants to give me $6k to get ahead in line, go ahead.
Posted By: JamesAdamson

Re: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified) - November 02, 2008 11:21 pm UTC

Damn... I would love to pick this up, too bad you're out in Upper Canada.
Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Re: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified) - November 03, 2008 12:22 am UTC

Calling Ryan L!! Are you sure you don't want to buy this one and sell me the automatic you just picked up?
Posted By: Ryan Laliberte

Re: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified) - November 03, 2008 12:47 am UTC

I'm sure. wink I've got a friend who wants it.
Posted By: manuel salazar

Re: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified) - November 03, 2008 04:48 am UTC

Facccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.
Someone buy this car, Before i get pissed.

-Manuel
Posted By: Kobie Mercury-Clarke

Re: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified) - November 03, 2008 06:40 am UTC

Arrrrrrrrgggghhhh! If I only had $5,000! Dammit!

Re: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified) - November 03, 2008 12:34 pm UTC

Oh, it's getting sold.. my schedule is full with people who want to buy it right now.

Re: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified) - November 03, 2008 02:52 pm UTC

Ok guys, I have a huge inflow of potential buyers, however - few members are willing to throw me some extra cash so if you want the car, assume that it`ll be more than $5k at this point. Best thing to do is still to call me and we can talk. I hate to do a bidding war, but in the end it's my money and I have to look out after myself first so I`ll sell to the highest bidder so nobody has "dibs" on it.
Posted By: Adam Grenon

Re: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified) - November 03, 2008 05:01 pm UTC

In this situation I would accept deposits of some kind to secure there bid. Once you have accepted all bids choose the highest one, get that person to guarantee the rest of the funds somehow, then refund deposits to everyone who did not get the winning bid.

Re: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified) - November 07, 2008 12:53 am UTC

CAR IS SOLD.

Thanks.

Re: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified) - November 07, 2008 12:57 am UTC

To who? Do tell!!

Re: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified) - November 07, 2008 01:42 am UTC

I`m sure he`ll chime in if he wants smile I don't want to take the liberty of making that decision for him, maybe it's A BIG SECRET! smile
Posted By: Jamie Valcamp

Re: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified) - November 07, 2008 01:00 pm UTC

There's no secret when you hear that car coming - especially when that wastegate opens!
Thanks Michael!
Now what to do with the 1G and all the parts I've been accumulating?

Re: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified) - November 07, 2008 02:24 pm UTC

Jamie... you BASTARD! My buddy Sean lives in Trenton, he's going to see that car around and get verrrryyy jealous. He wanted that car!!!

When I come up home for Xmas, we're going to have to meet up. wink
Posted By: EK

Re: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified) - November 07, 2008 03:00 pm UTC

At least the car went to my home town, I'll cruise with you any day tongue

And if you ever decide to sell... think of me wink
Posted By: Dan Duware

Re: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified) - November 08, 2008 02:06 am UTC

Good catch Jamie. That was a crazy good deal. Keep the 1g for the winter or rougher summer driving.
Posted By: Kirill Izvekov

Re: 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (Heavily modified) - November 08, 2008 08:43 am UTC

WOW U live like 5 min away from me! And i was SOO fead up with my 95 TSI. Dude I would of picked that up for $7000 cash and be @ your house in 3 MIN (full boost all the way) DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really should visit this forum more.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada