cocky Z34

Posted By: mike leclerc

cocky Z34 - March 12, 2005 05:03 am UTC

I stop at a light and hit the gas alittle to knock the rpms down on idle. The light turns green and i start going slowly in first. i change to 2nd at 30kph, and this guy is hammering the gas. i keep it in second and just reel him in and keep going to the next light. now there is a minivan between us. he hammers the gas..i cant even see the guy...so i hammer it tooand just leave him behind going through the S curve. I'm way ahead and i slow to the speed limit. what do you know...ricer fly by!

YAWN
Posted By: Nathan Welch

Re: cocky Z34 - March 12, 2005 12:38 pm UTC

my old 34 was pretty quick 14.8 consistantly.
Posted By: Nate Fullerton

Re: cocky Z34 - March 12, 2005 02:15 pm UTC

Originally posted by Nathan Welch:
my old 34 was pretty quick 14.8 consistantly.
I second that, for an auto it was quick. Not so much off the line, but on the highway it had some balls.

Re: cocky Z34 - March 12, 2005 06:47 pm UTC

i had a 3.4 in my cutlass conv. and it was quick too, but it's no match for a talon. and I wasn't even trying to race this guy. I just couldnt let him punk me though. laugh
Posted By: Chris Mckee

Re: cocky Z34 - March 13, 2005 05:34 am UTC

Nathan, you had a Z34??? confused
Posted By: Adam Grenon

Re: cocky Z34 - March 13, 2005 08:11 am UTC

I think the z34 Luminas had the infamous DOHC motors didn't they? 4 camshafts total, notorious for problems.

Re: cocky Z34 - March 13, 2005 08:45 am UTC

Originally posted by Adam Grenon:
I think the z34 Luminas had the infamous DOHC motors didn't they? 4 camshafts total, notorious for problems.
I'd say just about as much as a talon... :rolleyes: Just not as quick bird
Seats five comfortably though...Timing belt was just as important to these as it is to a 4G63...
Posted By: Rafal Kraskiewicz

Re: cocky Z34 - March 13, 2005 05:36 pm UTC

I had the 4-door Euro with the 3.4 DOHC. It *sorta* moved from a roll. Very heavy car obviously. From what I remember, engines are non-interference so maybe the TB isn't quite as crucial still important though. Pain in the ass to work on, I'm glad the alternator never went!

Re: cocky Z34 - March 13, 2005 06:19 pm UTC

I had to do the alternator in mine. You pretty much have to take half of the car apart, and then it's still tough to get out. shocked
Posted By: Daren Peacock

Re: cocky Z34 - March 13, 2005 11:52 pm UTC

One of my buddies used to have a Z34, only had like 50k when he got it, what a pos that thing was. He probably put as much money as it cost him to buy it into repairs in 3 years. Had to do the timing belt twice at close to 2G's a pop. I guess they do have some power but their a huge boat. I used to take him in my done up Z24 all the time, defently no match for even a stock eclipse/talon.

Re: cocky Z34 - March 14, 2005 06:53 am UTC

$2 grand for a timing belt, was the belt made out of gold?
It only cost me $600 with belt.

Altenator was $600 to get changed, and yes, thats not cool at all.

You many have beat your buddy with your z24 up
to 180, but after that you'd get walked by a Z34.

Agreed, no match for a properly maintained DSM.
Posted By: Waldo Calderon

Re: cocky Z34 - March 14, 2005 02:39 pm UTC

Originally posted by mike leclerc:
I stop at a light and hit the gas alittle to knock the rpms down on idle. The light turns green and i start going slowly in first. i change to 2nd at 30kph, and this guy is hammering the gas. i keep it in second and just reel him in and keep going to the next light. now there is a minivan between us. he hammers the gas..i cant even see the guy...so i hammer it tooand just leave him behind going through the S curve. I'm way ahead and i slow to the speed limit. what do you know...ricer fly by!

YAWN
I beat up a guy in a wheel chair once. He was being pretty cocky so I had to teach him a lesson. I'm pretty proud of it too cause no one else was going to teach him a lesson. He got the last laugh though. Later that night I was driving home and he gave me a ricer fly by while he was on the side walk. What a jerk.
bird laugh
© 2024 Club DSM Canada