"i wasn't trying to race ya"

Posted By: mike leclerc

"i wasn't trying to race ya" - July 31, 2006 11:31 pm UTC

So I was off in dreamland again today, and I imagined a race. I was driving along, minding my own business. There was a last gen mustang GT in front of me. He starts giving me a wiggle. I signal to turn, a bit earlier then I would usually. He signals too. As soon as we turn, he hammers it. It takes me forever to build boost, but as soon as I do I reel him in hard. He gives up when i get right beside him. I coast down and he does a flyby. He ends up stopped at a light, and I pull up beside him. He rolls down his window and says "I wasn't trying to race you, you know. I just put a chip in. I was testing it. I don't think it did anything though." Then he peels out.

I believe the wiggle is the universal sign for "let's play", not I'm testing my chip.

That was a good dream. Can't wait till I can turn the boost up past 15 psi!!
Posted By: chris esquejo

Re: "i wasn't trying to race ya" - August 01, 2006 01:08 am UTC

define "wiggle"...
Posted By: Adam Grenon

Re: "i wasn't trying to race ya" - August 01, 2006 01:10 am UTC

I beleive the wiggle is the rear wheel drive squat and little bit of sideways action you see when someone in a rwd (more than likely a stang) guns it from a slight roll.

The wiggle is sweet, my car gets it to its called torque steer and its not as fun.

Re: "i wasn't trying to race ya" - August 01, 2006 01:49 pm UTC

No. I mean weaving side to side in your lane quickly using the steering wheel.
Posted By: Rob Strelecki

Re: "i wasn't trying to race ya" - August 01, 2006 03:36 pm UTC

Weak.
Posted By: Adam Grenon

Re: "i wasn't trying to race ya" - August 01, 2006 09:45 pm UTC

Thats gay the wiggle should be what I said!

Re: "i wasn't trying to race ya" - August 01, 2006 09:53 pm UTC

The wiggle should be possible in 4th gear (yes of course - on a closed course), or you aren't making enough power.
demon
Posted By: Amin Ahmadi

Re: "i wasn't trying to race ya" - August 01, 2006 10:26 pm UTC

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Rob Strelecki:
<strong> The wiggle should be possible in 4th gear (yes of course - on a closed course), or you aren't making enough power.
bird

Re: "i wasn't trying to race ya" - August 02, 2006 01:44 am UTC

Originally posted by Adam Grenon:
Thats gay the wiggle should be what I said!
That's the power slide. naughty
Posted By: Jordan Cross

Re: "i wasn't trying to race ya" - August 02, 2006 10:22 am UTC

:Wiggle: MY ASS! You shoulda warped that mofo into the next millenium! J/K Make sure you show who him who IS THE MAN next run. We don't want the mustang guys thinking they got some sort of easy win laugh

Re: "i wasn't trying to race ya" - August 02, 2006 01:52 pm UTC

He didn't win. When he took off from the light, I had 2 cars in front of me.
Posted By: Nicholas Ricci

Re: "i wasn't trying to race ya" - August 02, 2006 07:42 pm UTC

postwhore... tongue

Seb

Re: "i wasn't trying to race ya" - August 02, 2006 09:23 pm UTC

"Weak."

"postwhore... [Razz]

Seb"

I don't get these posts.. Who are they directed at, and what do they mean?

Re: "i wasn't trying to race ya" - August 02, 2006 09:32 pm UTC

I was calling the GT's "wiggle" weak, because it was induced by the steering wheel rather than the throttle.
The only steering involved during a "wiggle", should be to maintain control of the vehicle wink
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: "i wasn't trying to race ya" - August 04, 2006 01:48 am UTC

kinda hard to wiggle a AWD DSM under its own power without stearing, you think?

yea my girlfriend had a mustang.. NON-GT pull up beside her in her Talon, her Talon has no indication that its a DOHC AWD TSI it looks like a Front wheel drive, except its got the spoiler, because infact is really is a TSI.
and it has stock 17" rims.
other than the tri Stage Pearl White the car is a sleeper. (but its not a flashy pearl, just suttle)

the mustang trys to show off, pulls up beside her and spits on her car and says "ricer"

he persisted on making fun of her and her car and then sped off.

i didnt think a stock DSM looked overly ricer.

like a v6 2000 mustang can even talk, to bad she didnt take him to the highway and give him a 18PSI run.

good thing she has an ACT 2600, if she didn't she would kill a stock clutch in a second!
Posted By: Jerry Rose

Re: "i wasn't trying to race ya" - August 04, 2006 11:35 am UTC

Originally posted by chris esquejo:
define "wiggle"...
Looking in the Wile E Coyote dictionary under wiggle we find the Latin - Accelleratii Incredibus, Hot-Roddicus Supersonicus, Speedipus Rex, Batoutahelius, Ultra-Sonicus Ad Infinitum, Boulevardius Burnupius. Also see rear drive torque monsters like Viper.

I raced a Viper and watched him "wiggle" through first, second, third and holy crap fourth. Now thats the only wiggle worth mentioning. Of course I only stayed behind him for research purposes wink

kinda hard to wiggle a AWD DSM under its own power without stearing, you think?
Gravel back roads or snow. Damn its a curse to have soo much traction, some times it makes me wish I had FWD...haha just kidding whoa that heat must be getting to me tongue
© 2024 Club DSM Canada