Spotted New Eclipse with a front mount

Posted By: Trevor R Cook

Spotted New Eclipse with a front mount - December 08, 2007 12:20 am UTC

Orange/Red new eclipse with a front mount. Looked lowered and very mean coming at me. I wanna know more about this car.

BTW saw the car off tomkin road.
Posted By: brendan warwick

Re: Spotted New Eclipse with a front mount - January 10, 2008 03:20 am UTC

Not sure how to post pictures, But maybe it was the prototype eclipse rally art, Here are the specs on it 4g63 nice... smile

Special attention was paid to increasing horsepower and torque, adding all-wheel drive capability for improved power in a variety of driving conditions while minimizing weight. To boost horsepower to an estimated 400 hp, a turbocharged 4G63 engine was borrowed from the Lancer Evolution and supplemented with a custom air intake and other HKS performance parts(cams). The concept Eclipse's rally prowess is enhanced with the all-wheel drive system currently available on the Endeavor and Lancer Evolution as well as a six-speed manual transmission. Lightweight carbon fiber was used extensively in the roof, hood, fascias and front fenders.

The custom exterior is enhanced by Hot Red Mica paint, specially formulated by PPG for this concept. The Eclipse Ralliart rides on 20-inch high-performance carbon fiber wheels with AVS Sport Yokohama tires. Interior enhancements include Recaro performance seats trimmed with leather and Alcanterra suede, four-point restraints, racing gauges and a Rockford Fosgate premium sound system.
Posted By: Ryan Laliberte

Re: Spotted New Eclipse with a front mount - January 10, 2008 03:21 am UTC

Lightweight carbon fiber was used extensively in the roof, hood, fascias and front fenders...... .....The Eclipse Ralliart rides on 20-inch high-performance carbon fiber wheels

eek
Posted By: Mike Petro

Re: Spotted New Eclipse with a front mount - January 10, 2008 03:35 am UTC

This new one was posted on the Mitsubishi Car Club Canada board, maybe its the same one.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jay McClelland

Re: Spotted New Eclipse with a front mount - January 10, 2008 03:38 am UTC

I really like those with the Front mount in there. Wonder if anyone has turboed the gt version?

Re: Spotted New Eclipse with a front mount - January 10, 2008 03:42 am UTC

I'm going to disagree with you Jay. I think there could have been a more "clean" way to install it. If the piping was hidden somehow, it might look better to me. Though I don't know how someone would go about doing that.
Posted By: Brian Fernandez

Re: Spotted New Eclipse with a front mount - January 10, 2008 03:52 am UTC

Originally Posted by Mike Petro
If the piping was hidden somehow, it might look better to me. Though I don't know how someone would go about doing that.

A bigger fmic..

lol

Re: Spotted New Eclipse with a front mount - January 10, 2008 03:57 am UTC

Bah, Just get a longer Front mount. lol Just the idea of them turboed. Makes it feel its the way they should have gone.
Posted By: Rob Strelecki

Re: Spotted New Eclipse with a front mount - January 10, 2008 04:12 am UTC

Nevermind the "grill", it seems to me that's way too much turbo for the IC on there.

Looks very well done otherwise! tu

Re: Spotted New Eclipse with a front mount - January 10, 2008 04:25 am UTC

I didn't think Mitsubishi would slap on a T3 Garret as a stocker.

Re: Spotted New Eclipse with a front mount - January 10, 2008 04:26 am UTC

Is there anything on that board on how much horsie's it has?

Re: Spotted New Eclipse with a front mount - January 10, 2008 05:15 am UTC

Nope, not yet. Someone asked if he had some dyno results but the owner hasn't responded yet.
Posted By: Jeff Mitchell

Re: Spotted New Eclipse with a front mount - January 10, 2008 02:04 pm UTC

Wow, that's nice!

I can't believe you guys are complaining about the way the FMIC looks. Have you seen the heaps that show up to the average DSM meet? tongue
Posted By: brendan warwick

Re: Spotted New Eclipse with a front mount - January 10, 2008 02:45 pm UTC

Here is a link on the rally art I would post pics but I not sure how to. I like the front mount on this better its hidden.
http://auto.commongate.com/post/Mitsubishi_Eclipse_Rallyart/
Posted By: Daren Peacock

Re: Spotted New Eclipse with a front mount - January 10, 2008 02:54 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Rob Strelecki
Nevermind the "grill", it seems to me that's way too much turbo for the IC on there.

Looks very well done otherwise! tu

For a dsm thats probably the case, but unless thats a completely built motor, you have to remember he's probably running something like 5psi sleep
Posted By: Joe Esmama

Re: Spotted New Eclipse with a front mount - January 10, 2008 03:05 pm UTC

Ive gotta say tho, those welds are really nice tu .
Posted By: Ghislain Goudreau

Re: Spotted New Eclipse with a front mount - January 11, 2008 02:50 am UTC

Mmm, interesting. Maybe I could snail the wife's 2006 Eclipse. How much a kit like that would cost and who offers suck an animal???

Ghislain.

Re: Spotted New Eclipse with a front mount - January 11, 2008 03:08 am UTC

My friend was looking at turbo kits for his 06 eclipse he said they were around the 3000us mark. But I believe he was looking at a place in the new york that installs them. I never heard of a place selling a kits and online just seems to bring up kits for the 99 style eclipse.

My 2 cents. Someone on here will probably know more. My friend has now given up on his eclipse and is looking at buying a Vette. So I imagine stuff has changed in the last year.
Posted By: Ghislain Goudreau

Re: Spotted New Eclipse with a front mount - January 11, 2008 03:28 am UTC

Guess that Lisa would make me sleep in the garage for months. Mmm, starting to sound more and more interesting.

Manifold, Snail, Downpipe, Injectors, SAFC, Pump, AFPR and larger Injectors.

Next on the mod list would be a Clutch, Drop the thing as their is enough room in the wheel well to hide a small child and defenately an LSD.

Ghislain.

Re: Spotted New Eclipse with a front mount - January 11, 2008 03:32 am UTC

Or build a built 6 bolt with an FP Green... wink

Re: Spotted New Eclipse with a front mount - January 11, 2008 03:41 am UTC

lol, Ryan has the Idea now.

Is it the GT giz or GS?
Posted By: Kevin Jenkins

Re: Spotted New Eclipse with a front mount - January 11, 2008 04:23 am UTC

That'd be amazing Ghis!

Anytime you decide to do that call me and I'm there. tu