RIP 1GB

Posted By: Malcolm Harris

RIP 1GB - September 28, 2008 01:24 pm UTC

Well the GF and I was out touring the back roads last night in the Yota around 8-9 O'clock and I spotted a car in the ditch on a 90* turn heading from pavement to gravel and obvious skid marks heading for the ditch. We didn't notice it till the last minute and almost didn't turn around but for some reason I swore it was a Talon, which would be unlikly on these back roads, or so we thought.

We turned around and pulled up to three people and a ditched 1GB, I asked if they were OK, which they were, and then I recognized a chum of mine that i had worked with in the past that always wanted a TEL like mine, which I of course, back then told him they where the best and he should get one 4 or 5 years ago. He finally got one and it was in excellent condition, with a rebuilt motor he did himself.

Anyways, I offered my condolences and a pull out, he said ya, so I got out to see how bad it was, as it was under a 2' dia spruce tree, as I moved the branches I new there was no way I could pull it out in one piece, as the hole front of the car was gone / shoved into the motor and the front tires where pointed in opposite directions making the car 2 feet wider that usual, he had hit the tree front dead center, like a movie, I felt so bad for the guy and told him there's no point in me pulling it out as I'd rip it in half and destroy whatever's left, and even if i did drag it out, I'd still have to drag it down the road out of the way which would rip what evers left of the oil pan, ect, and make a bigger mess. so I advised him to get a flat bed so that he could salvage whats left atleast.

He agreed that was best until his Dad showed up and made the decisions from there, at this point I left because I didn't want to see them finish off the remains of this poor 1GB by ripping it out of the ditch that was not going to let her go easily.

Anyways, man down, RIP 1GB.
Posted By: Ryan Laliberte

Re: RIP 1GB - September 28, 2008 01:47 pm UTC

Sooooo...... partout? laugh

That sucks man. I tried calling you yesterday, give me a shout today!
Posted By: Steve Whitman

Re: RIP 1GB - September 28, 2008 04:05 pm UTC

malcom that was post 666... LOL
Posted By: EK

Re: RIP 1GB - September 28, 2008 04:13 pm UTC

are we saying that the devil killed this talon? lol
Posted By: Brandon Clement

Re: RIP 1GB - September 28, 2008 06:33 pm UTC

ITS A CONSPIRACY

Re: RIP 1GB - September 29, 2008 04:44 pm UTC

When I saw the accident I thought of you Steve, same situation, buddies 1st talon, and he smoked a tree and wrote it off after wanting one for years, and me convincing him to get one.
Posted By: Steve Whitman

Re: RIP 1GB - September 29, 2008 08:17 pm UTC

yea that's pretty much what happened...:)

Re: RIP 1GB - September 29, 2008 08:45 pm UTC

Check jo PM's Steve.

Sorry Ryan I was pretty busy this weekend, and strapped for cash as I am finalizing the purchase of my 1st home.

Don't worry the place comes with 20'x 40' steel garage for the Eclipse to live in, so I won't get rid of the car, nor will I be upgrading anymore for a while weep
© 2024 Club DSM Canada