Junk Yard sightings

Posted By: Jaime Loo

Junk Yard sightings - January 29, 2015 01:39 am UTC

Our cars are getting rarer and rarer. I used to see more DSM's and related before, it's sad to see less of them. Hopefully this can help some of you.

Standard Autowreckers - Toronto Sewels/Steeles Rd.
http://www.standardautowreckers.com/location.htm

Pick it yourself yard

1990 AWD eagle talon - engine and most front gone. Driveshafts and rear end still there, and interior I believe. In the middle pile just north/right of entrance of the yard.

200x Mitsubishi Gallant - Rear TUBULAR suspension/control arms (can be used in 2g's) and "501" (round end) MAS could be used. At the north wing, where it bends right/east, there is a pile at the very south end by a civic and vw beetle.

Posted By: Guillaume Berton

Re: Junk Yard sightings - January 29, 2015 01:52 am UTC

Just means they are kept in the DSM family and pre-parted out before being scrapped.
Posted By: Salomon Ponte

Re: Junk Yard sightings - January 29, 2015 02:49 am UTC

Never been here before - how easy is it to get stuff out? What do I need to bring?

I'd like to grab that rear end when I'm back in a couple of weekends.
Posted By: Guillaume Berton

Re: Junk Yard sightings - January 29, 2015 04:19 pm UTC

They pile 2 cars together (on on top, one under), the one under is usually supported by 4 steelies with no tires.

Depending on which it is, you may need to ask them to do it. Haven't seen too many people removing underbody parts there.
Posted By: Alex Akachinskiy

Re: Junk Yard sightings - January 31, 2015 06:50 am UTC

Just buy whole thing and take it home! Its a dsm so nothing will be wasted
Posted By: Jay Stacey

Re: Junk Yard sightings - January 31, 2015 04:37 pm UTC

I cant buy whole cars from my local junk yard.. but I get great deals on parts.

I usally grab the awd tranny.. engine, ecm, and BoV. I can usally make good money selling them. then go back for anything people need.

I am scoping a white and black panda 1ga in a back yard.. gonna try to grab it as a whole before it goes to the wreckers.
Posted By: Adam Grenon

Re: Junk Yard sightings - January 31, 2015 10:44 pm UTC

Jay is the Panda shell in good condition?
Posted By: Jay Stacey

Re: Junk Yard sightings - February 01, 2015 01:49 am UTC

dont know.. Don know if its even a turbo.. it was under a porta shed... but this winter the shed blew away.. Are you lookinng for a shel?
Posted By: Adam Grenon

Re: Junk Yard sightings - February 01, 2015 08:02 pm UTC

I've been looking for a panda for quite some time. As long as its clean (no rust buckets). Its one of those things, if I stumble across the opportunity. I have more than I need to dump everything into a shell. So let me know, I am curious. If its not AWD I don't have any interest.
Posted By: Ian Burnside

Re: Junk Yard sightings - February 03, 2015 01:08 am UTC

LMK what the deal with the car is once you find out, may be interested in a few things.
© 2024 Club DSM Canada