Fun on the scooter

Posted By: Ziggy Dietrich

Fun on the scooter - June 11, 2017 08:17 pm UTC

I know "war stories" are not really politically correct anymore, but I have not had so much fun on the road in a long time, so I just had to share.
Coming home from breakfast out, some young fellow in some little Mazda, who had obviously spent a lot of money on paint, rims, and a loud exhaust, and nothing on performance, decided that he should be in front of me instead of behind me, so he lined up beside me at a red light. I guess he figured a scooter would be easy, because he did not really give it when the light changed. I gave just enough to stay ahead of him. When he realized he was not passing me, he went WOT and I kept giving just enough to stay ahead of him. When I finally backed off for safety reasons, and he did his flyby, he was shouting something out his window, but I wonder how embarrassed he must feel having been badly beaten by a 65 year old guy on a scooter?
Posted By: Stephen Richardson

Re: Fun on the scooter - June 11, 2017 10:16 pm UTC

Lmfao... Good job Ziggy.
Posted By: Isaque Nunes

Re: Fun on the scooter - June 12, 2017 11:32 am UTC

Haha... You need a Cam on that scooter Ziggy!
I get the same things now when people just think my car is a Lancer. Last victim was a shiny new STI with his girlfriend.
Cheers

Re: Fun on the scooter - June 13, 2017 12:05 am UTC

Fun, isn't it?
Posted By: Bryan Lawrence

Re: Fun on the scooter - June 13, 2017 01:23 am UTC

Haha, i don't laugh out loud often but this is definitely one of those times.

Nice one Zig!!
Posted By: Isaque Nunes

Re: Fun on the scooter - June 13, 2017 12:31 pm UTC

Originally Posted by Ziggy Dietrich
Fun, isn't it?

So much! Never gets old!
Posted By: Jason Drew

Re: Fun on the scooter - June 14, 2017 03:09 pm UTC

Lol there's a couple scooters that come to our little 1/8th mile track, they put a pretty good hurt on a lot of cars, seen a few of the cars just leave after lol.
Posted By: Lucian Marta

Re: Fun on the scooter - June 14, 2017 04:46 pm UTC

I know little to nothing about scooters but what kind of engines/specs they come with?

Re: Fun on the scooter - June 14, 2017 09:47 pm UTC

Mine is not the one in my avatar. It is a 650cc twin, liquid cooled and fuel injected. Mine is a 2003, but the new ones are not that different. You can see a new one here:
https://www.suzuki.ca/en/2017-burgman-650-abs
Posted By: Alex Akachinskiy

Re: Fun on the scooter - June 15, 2017 12:25 am UTC

well done Ziggy, i think you should invest in GoPro ))
© 2024 Club DSM Canada