Salomon Ponte Offline
Insane Member
Salomon Ponte  Offline
Insane Member
S
Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by Paul Bratina
I'm resurrecting an old post.

A while back I decided I wanted to convert all my brake lines to stainless braided. One solution was the STM kit, but for starters, that's just the front lines and also their lines go right to the caliper.
The problem with this is:
- you don't really have a proper attachement point at the shock
- you'd have to replace the flex lines at the caliper (which in many cases would already be upgraded stainless braided).

The line kit I'm putting together retains the flex lines at the calipers (in my case aftermarket stainless braided, though they'd work the same for stock rubber). I've already got the lines for the front brakes and the lines that go to/from the master cylinder to the prop valve. They're now installed on my 2g. I've just ordered the ones for the rear lines. They should be in a couple of weeks.

After I install everything and see how it all fits (line lengths, etc) we (meaning RTM) may offer such a kit for sale. Initially it would just be for 2g's since we don't have a 1g to work with. We'll keep you posted.

I'd offer up my car for 1G fitting. That being said, braided lines flex...hard lines don't.

'92 Talon TSi AWD - 5 Speed/E16G/12.385s @ 115.13mph
Re: Abs removal, proportioning valve needed? [Re: Rob Cauduro] #380834
August 06, 2012 06:01 pm UTC
August 06, 2012 06:01 pm UTC
Kitchener Ontario
Stephen Richardson Offline
Insane Member
Stephen Richardson  Offline
Insane Member
Kitchener Ontario
I have to agree. A replacement SS braided flex line is far better then the rubber reinforced stockers. But to replace hard lines with braided hoes would be a downgrade other then apperance althought a extra long braided line wrapped aroud all sorts of things under the hood doesnt really add to apperance. IMO....

Re: Abs removal, proportioning valve needed? [Re: Rob Cauduro] #380835
August 06, 2012 07:25 pm UTC
August 06, 2012 07:25 pm UTC
NiagaraFalls, ON
Paul Bratina Offline
Insane Member
Paul Bratina  Offline
Insane Member
NiagaraFalls, ON
I have to agree. A replacement SS braided flex line is far better then the rubber reinforced stockers. But to replace hard lines with braided hoes would be a downgrade other then apperance althought a extra long braided line wrapped aroud all sorts of things under the hood doesnt really add to apperance. IMO....
Yes, for sure it's not a performance mod. It's also not really an appearance mod since you can't really see them. (By the way, my lines are sized to pretty much exact length, so I've got no extra to have to loop). I guess I'd call it a convenience/preventative maintenance mod. The idea begin that there's no need to worry about hard lines rusting or flare nuts rusting or stripping. All fittings are commonly available, replaceable -3AN (which are completely separate from the lines, unlike flare nuts which are intergral).

Certainly, not all cars have problems with rusting brake lines, but my 2g (which I would call average for the year for underbody rust) has a fair amount of rust on the rear hard lines. Rusting brake lines are not unusual for cars that live their lives in this area of the world (s. Ontario).

Re: Abs removal, proportioning valve needed? [Re: Rob Cauduro] #380847
August 06, 2012 10:51 pm UTC
August 06, 2012 10:51 pm UTC
Kitchener Ontario
Insane Member
Insane Member
Kitchener Ontario
My bad. If you lines fit to lentgh then i guess its a ok mod. I was refering to everyone else's lenght issues.

Re: Abs removal, proportioning valve needed? [Re: Rob Cauduro] #380851
August 06, 2012 11:12 pm UTC
August 06, 2012 11:12 pm UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Niagara Falls, Ontario
I think the reason Paul resurrected this post is because he wants to deal with the length issue. We got the STM lines in, and the feedback was that they are NOT ideal. Paul decided on his own to modify his own car in such a way that he can replace the rusty hard lines with easy to work with braided stainless, and yet maintain the independent flex lines to the caliper at the corners. He suggested we might want to offer this as a kit once he has his own fitted and has worked out the bugs.

I believe the idea is going to be just to offer this as another alternative. I think a lot of the pre-bent OEM lines are discontinued, and we already carry the "EZ bend" hard lines.

"bluebird" worlds fastest scooter ridden by me
"Whitebird" RIP
Re: Abs removal, proportioning valve needed? [Re: Rob Cauduro] #380863
August 07, 2012 01:45 am UTC
August 07, 2012 01:45 am UTC
Halifax Nova Scotia
kent Hennigar Offline
Serious Member
kent Hennigar  Offline
Serious Member
Halifax Nova Scotia
That car is looking great though laugh
Super Clean I love it wink

Just Because you are not paranoid dose NOT mean they are not out to get YOU !
Re: Abs removal, proportioning valve needed? [Re: Rob Cauduro] #453783
September 29, 2017 01:14 am UTC
September 29, 2017 01:14 am UTC
Brampton, Ontario
Manny Sandhu Offline
Serious Member
Manny Sandhu  Offline
Serious Member
Brampton, Ontario
Another revival because I cannot find anything for where the brake lines go from a 1g non abs prop valve to the master cylinder on my 2g

The reason I am confused is I only see install pictures and details got a 2g non abs prop valve whereas I am using a 1g...thw difference is the 2g valve has the master cylinder ports on the bottom corners vs this 1g valve having the master cylinder ports on the front

PHP: 1
Re: Abs removal, proportioning valve needed? [Re: Rob Cauduro] #453786
September 30, 2017 03:23 pm UTC
September 30, 2017 03:23 pm UTC
Kitchener Ontario
Insane Member
Insane Member
Kitchener Ontario
Are you trying to find out the routing of all the lines or just master to prop valve?

Page 2 of 2 1 2