October 28, 2019 12:10 am UTC
October 28, 2019 12:10 am UTC
Ajax, ON
Reza Mirza Offline OP
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Reza Mirza  Offline OP
Ajax, ON
Thought I'd share some test n tune days from my other cars.

Took the Evo 7 out to Cayuga yesterday. Full weight, pump gas, stock turbo, stock block, just bolt ons and it banged off mid 12's all day long with a best of 12.3@113.49 MPH. This is my RHD JDM Evo 7 from Japan. Definitely has an 11 in it once I am able to row through the gears more quickly with my left hand. Enjoy the videos:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4GjITqHY2O/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4G6Bbkn59o/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4I0YsVn3Gx/

Also took the Evo X out a few weeks earlier. Again full weight, pump gas, stock turbo and was able to pull off a 12.5@111.82.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3lA-AWn7YH/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3lDgjRHsSS/

The cool thing about both my Evos is that they are just stock turbo, stock engine full weight cars. A lot of other local Evo's not tuned by me are running similar times with LOWER trap speeds on FP Blacks/Reds and Garrett 3576 turbos. It's cool that more locals are starting to REALLY notice the work we do on these platforms and we take our very own cars out to the track to prove it ! I remember our DSM's would not crack similar times on the stock turbos and just bolt ons back in the days. It's nice to see how the platform has evolved over the years with better parts and more efficient stock framed turbos.

Plan is to make both of these cars 800+ HP next year, so should be interesting to see what they run then.

1G DSM: 1000+ AWHP, 9.2@162.83 MPH
Evo X: 746 AWHP, XR9569S pump gas
www.dynotuneracing.com

Re: Evo 7 & Evo X 1/4 mile [Re: Reza Mirza] #455550
October 28, 2019 05:33 pm UTC
October 28, 2019 05:33 pm UTC
Caledon, Ontario, Canada
Bryan Lawrence Offline
Bryan Lawrence  Offline
Caledon, Ontario, Canada
Nice work! What are you planning to do to hit those numbers?

Last edited by Bryan Lawrence; October 28, 2019 05:33 pm UTC.

"Old Blue" 91 Talon TSi AWD
"Super Enthusiast" 91 Talon TSi AWD
Checkout DSMFAQ.com!
Re: Evo 7 & Evo X 1/4 mile [Re: Reza Mirza] #455551
October 29, 2019 12:40 pm UTC
October 29, 2019 12:40 pm UTC
Ajax, ON
Reza Mirza Offline OP
Reza Mirza  Offline OP
Ajax, ON
Already have a fully sleeved engine I am building for the Evo X and it will get a full ETS T3 Turbo kit with a Xona Rotor 8267 and Radium 1000HP fuel system.

Check out his 830AWHP Evo X I completely built from bottom to top, no corners cut.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4LTHNsHbSR/

The 7 will be getting a bolt on FP Zero, built motor with supporting mods.

www.dynotuneracing.com

Re: Evo 7 & Evo X 1/4 mile [Re: Reza Mirza] #455552
November 04, 2019 02:46 pm UTC
November 04, 2019 02:46 pm UTC
Caledon, Ontario, Canada
Bryan Lawrence Offline
Bryan Lawrence  Offline
Caledon, Ontario, Canada
Damn man, some nice progress on that tune for that day! The ETS black pipe is a nice look too. So does the charge pipe stay there, going over the rad?

"Old Blue" 91 Talon TSi AWD
"Super Enthusiast" 91 Talon TSi AWD
Checkout DSMFAQ.com!
Re: Evo 7 & Evo X 1/4 mile [Re: Reza Mirza] #455554
November 06, 2019 06:28 am UTC
November 06, 2019 06:28 am UTC
Ajax, ON
Reza Mirza Offline OP
Reza Mirza  Offline OP
Ajax, ON
Thanks Brian. Can't go wrong with the ETS stuff, all my cars run ETS FMICs and parts. I'm an authorized dealer for Canada, let me know if your looking for any parts. Tonnes of sales this month.

Yes for an Evo X that is the route for the charge pipe, right over the rad connects the turbo to the FMIC.

These cars with 4b11s are much more responsive pound for pound boost and mods, than the 4G63. The head flows tremendously well and you can run more boost and make more power on any given setup as compared to a 4g63.

This particular car made 690whp on pump gas with a small Meth nozzle... Comparing that to a DSM, it would probably tap out at 600whp with the same mods.

www.dynotuneracing.com

Re: Evo 7 & Evo X 1/4 mile [Re: Reza Mirza] #455557
November 11, 2019 03:48 pm UTC
November 11, 2019 03:48 pm UTC
Los Angeles, California
Alex Akachinskiy Offline
Insane Member
Alex Akachinskiy  Offline
Insane Member
Los Angeles, California
I was going to buy ETS FMIC 3" core but it turns out they don't ship to California due to smog regulations.
Instead, i went with Mishimoto FMIC for a little more $ but it's larger 3.5" thick bar-and-plate core and also Cali legal with CARB sticker.
Here are few pics from my installation

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1999 Eclipse GST Automagic
1991 3000GT VR-4
Re: Evo 7 & Evo X 1/4 mile [Re: Reza Mirza] #455558
November 11, 2019 07:11 pm UTC
November 11, 2019 07:11 pm UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Looks good. I think ETS makes great stuff, but I think it is somewhat overpriced and they seem to take forever to make everything. I think the reason they are able to run big sales all them time is that they are overcharging the rest of the time, LOL. Of course, maybe I am thinking like a DSmer, not an EVO X guy. I have brought in the odd one for customers, but was never really impressed with their pricing or speed of service.

"bluebird" worlds fastest scooter ridden by me
"Whitebird" RIP
Re: Evo 7 & Evo X 1/4 mile [Re: Reza Mirza] #455559
November 12, 2019 01:45 am UTC
November 12, 2019 01:45 am UTC
Ajax, ON
Reza Mirza Offline OP
Reza Mirza  Offline OP
Ajax, ON
ETS makes some high quality stuff IMO, definitely 10 times better than the regular China equivalent stuff out there....I wasn't aware they didn't sell products to California, there must be ways to get their products if you really want to.

On a side note Ziggy, I probably order over $10k worth of ETS products every month for customers. That would equal over $120k worth of goods I have ordered from them in the past year alone.... I can't seem to remember a single instance where I did not get a tracking number the next day for something shipped directly to me or my US address. Every thing Evo related is most of the time ready to ship the next day, if it's a turbo kit and the lead time is a week or so, they make it quite clear that they are waiting on the turbo from Precision or Xona, which almost all of us track guys know are usually back ordered. I think the longest I had to wait was 5 days before a 2G DSM FMIC shipped to me a few months ago..

I could see how DSM stuff might lag a few days before it goes out, I mean how many guys are ordering DSM fmics these days when you still have the cheapo ones readily available... So for the one dude in North America who still needs a DSM fmic, I could see why they don't keep it on the shelf ready to ship, and if that person wanted something custom like a 5" core, I could see them happily waiting.

I'm gonna take a guess and say your probably basing your experience with ETS on DSM parts you probably ordered over possibly 10 Years ago?

The discount us vendors get are HUGE. I'm guessing your not a direct vendor and are probably getting their products from a 3rd party.

The pricing and responsiveness I get from Michael or Robert is second to none, so I guess you can say all my customers and myself are quite happy with their service.

Anyother thing to mention is all their record breaking cars in the world. That's huge for marketing and business and makes their products stick out. Plain and simple. Brand recognition.

www.dynotuneracing.com

Re: Evo 7 & Evo X 1/4 mile [Re: Reza Mirza] #455560
November 12, 2019 02:25 pm UTC
November 12, 2019 02:25 pm UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Last one I remember was a DSM FMIC, I believe it took about 3 weeks, but I would need to look it up. That was within the last year. I do almost no business with them, would love to sell $10k/month at their margins.
No, I am direct with them, don't go through 3rd parties. Their pricing is great compared to their MSRP, but I THINK their MSRP is high compared to similar products.

"Whitebird" RIP
Re: Evo 7 & Evo X 1/4 mile [Re: Reza Mirza] #455561
November 12, 2019 04:06 pm UTC
November 12, 2019 04:06 pm UTC
Ajax, ON
Reza Mirza Offline OP
Reza Mirza  Offline OP
Ajax, ON
I find it odd that it took them 3 weeks to ship out a DSM FMIC. I have ordered three race 4" 2g FMIC's, one 1g 4", one 5" FMIC for 2g. All shipped within 3-5 days within the last year.

Also for someone as yourself who is not an end user and just compares a Chinese FMIC to one of theirs, I can see how you think the MSRP is high compared to similar products. For someone like me who has changed the FMIC 3 times on my 1g am finally happy with the IAT's that I see at the end of the 1/4, I think it's well worth the money. Ask a cheap DSMer and they would say their Treadstone or VRSF work great. I ran mid 10's and 136+ MPH on my cheap china core like 15 years ago. it worked but it wasn't the best.

I think all the fastest single digit DSM's in Canada right now all run massive ETS or Garrett cores. The results speak for themselves. I just don't run garbage parts no more on any of my builds. I guess that's what is making more and more of my builds stick out in the DSM and Evo community smile

Nothing wrong with running cheaper parts at all, they say you get what you pay for and it holds true. I've seen it time and time again over the last few years with inferior FMICs, knock off parts and local built knock off FP spec turbochargers, lol.

Also the Evo X guys are not nickel and dime DSMers that bought their cars for a couple thousand bucks. Most of us bought the car brand new for $55k. We simply don't want Chinese no name brand inferior stuff on the car, and can afford to buy quality parts. Two different breed of people IMO. If you take a look at both of my Evo's you'll notice just that. DSM is different, a pipe is a pipe on it. For the Evo's I want wrinkle black AMS, ETS, titanium Tomei or whatever name brand pipe smile

www.dynotuneracing.com

Re: Evo 7 & Evo X 1/4 mile [Re: Reza Mirza] #455562
November 12, 2019 04:44 pm UTC
November 12, 2019 04:44 pm UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Niagara Falls, Ontario
I am not sure on that three week timeline...it was late last year, and you know what I was going through then, LOL. At the very least it SEEMED like a long time. I remember that intercooler went to Quebec, and the Quebec DSMers are NOT nickel and dime guys either!

I believe you are correct on the difference between MOST DSMers and EVO X guys. The Quebec DSM guys are the exception. I am working hard on getting more EVO X customers. We are bringing in new product every week. Last week we brought in all the OEM fasteners and hardware as well as the coolant lines and oil lines for the EVO X turbo. We also recently did our own version of a stainless gasket for the turbo to O2 housing that sells for a LOT less than anyone else's.

We are also working hard on getting all the new product into the store. It is a HUGE job, but we are making good progress...

"Whitebird" RIP