March 02, 2000 11:43 pm UTC
March 02, 2000 11:43 pm UTC
Dalmeny SK
Blake Heisler Offline OP
Serious Member
Blake Heisler  Offline OP
Serious Member
Dalmeny SK
okay, I was thinking of lowering my car about an inch to an inch and a half. If I leave the stock shocks and struts are they gonna die real quick? Would I be better off with aftermarket shocks? Which ones are best (I mean cheapest and still work, it's an NT so it's not a stret warrior)
thanks

------------------
92 Laser RS non-turbo
www.sask.dsm.org[/b]][b]www.sask.dsm.org[/b]
[email:heisler_316@hotmail.com]heisler_316@hotmail.com[/email]
www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Boulevard/5981/index.html

Re: Drop springs w/ stock shocks #177547
March 03, 2000 02:36 am UTC
March 03, 2000 02:36 am UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot of people I've spoken to just go with lowering springs and don't experience excessive wearing of the stock shocks (these are not auto-x people). The lowering seems to affect the stock shocks proportional to the amount you deck it. I think if you keep it to 1.3 inches at most your shocks shouldn't suffer too much (unless they're already worn).

------------------
Cya O!
GiO
If its not popping flames, crank it up!

Re: Drop springs w/ stock shocks #177548
March 03, 2000 09:05 pm UTC
March 03, 2000 09:05 pm UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have skunk works coilovers on my talon and i left on the stock shocks eventually they wore out and the shock slid through the coilover but then i ordered tokico 5way adjustable shocks and the purch which the coilover set on was an inch above the purch on the stock shock so it raised the car up an inch from my settings to i would get a bigger drop if you plan to buy shocks or get a coilover

------------------
95 TALON ESI
ICEMAN INTAKE
GREDDY EXHAUST
STRUTS
SKUNK WORKS COILOVERS
TOKICO SHOCKS

Re: Drop springs w/ stock shocks #177549
March 04, 2000 08:30 am UTC
March 04, 2000 08:30 am UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hey Nick I got Tokico's and ground controls, But I got the cheaper blue shocks. Hey is the perch on the 5 ways removable???? My set up is pretty high off the ground even at the lowest setting, about a 2.5 inch gap in the front and a inch gap in the back. i wished I got a different set up, how low is the lowest on yours?

Re: Drop springs w/ stock shocks #177550
March 05, 2000 10:35 pm UTC
March 05, 2000 10:35 pm UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hey vincent i have the adjustables and my coilovers are on the lowest setting and i have the same problem i have a 2.5 inch gap or near that no the perch is not in any way able to be adjusted they said " you can cut the perch and make it work but that will void warrenty on the tokico and the coilovers" thats what tokico told me

Re: Drop springs w/ stock shocks #177551
March 06, 2000 05:45 am UTC
March 06, 2000 05:45 am UTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hey vincent with your coilover all the way down does your coilover ever bottom out and make a clinging noise when you hit a bump please reply asap

------------------
95 TALON ESI
ICEMAN INTAKE
GREDDY EXHAUST
STRUTS
SKUNK WORKS COILOVERS
TOKICO SHOCKS