February 18, 2000 09:26 am UTC
February 18, 2000 09:26 am UTC

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

port and polishing, does anyone have some pics of what i should look like because im doing it this summer and dont want to mess anything up. is there a guide to follow or is there a gasket guide thingy????
and milling the head i have 162,000km on my car is it a good idea to do this to or will i blow the bottom end of my engine with to much compresion???? [Linked Image]

p.s. what is the life expectancy on our cars in km? of is there one my car has been babied until i bought it and it is running like brand new

------------------
1993 Eagle Talon DL 1.8L
Beats Walkin'
§TOKE§
icq 37160225

Re: port and polishing, milling the head #203202
February 22, 2000 08:36 pm UTC
February 22, 2000 08:36 pm UTC

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Hey It's me again.

Sometime next month I'm going to do some of it with the install of a headers. I never done it but this is how I think I'll be doing it; First I'm going to match both intake and exhaust port with there respective manifold. I don't think that I go too crazy inside the ports although I'll remove somne material in order to "Streamline" the ports and polish them to remove some restriction. The idea behind it is to not enlarge the ports too much. This would cause a decrease in the velocity of the air intering the combution chamber.

If you would increase the volume of your cylinder (Boring it out) then you could go a little crazy on the porting. Some guys say that you can increase the dia of your throttle body by not more that 5% without affecting too much the "Volumetric Efficiency" (ability of the engine to breath in and out)of the engine. I would think that the same principle might apply here too.

The inside of the intake plenum will be smoothed out, and I'll polish the outside like I did to the fuel rail, power steering pump and the thermostat housing.

Lets keep this discution going. We could all benefit from this one!!!

Ghislain.

[This message has been edited by Ghislain (edited February 22, 2000).]

Re: port and polishing, milling the head #203203
February 23, 2000 01:01 am UTC
February 23, 2000 01:01 am UTC

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

for sure man do you have icq you should gimme your icq# mine is 37160225