I'd like to start a list of all simple and effective low cost hp boosters, as well as high cost solutions that DON'T include TURBOS or NITROUS. Please add to it. We need all the help we can get.

Hi Cost, skill required: new cams, underdrive pulleys, cam gears, weight reduction, increased displacement, "swain technologies" engine coatings, throttle bodies, lighter racing rims & tires, and a second final drive gear thingy that I saw a couple of years ago that effectively doubles the number of gears you have (hot rod magazine), lightened flywheel (lose some low torque, gain much high end hp), and a carbon fibre hybrid clutch.(Weighs much less than a regular clutch, yet can take up to 700 hp, depending on the car. Turbo Magazine, last year. Not totally sure if it's carbon fiber or some other strange composite, just guessing)

low cost, basic skill: pace setter exhaust, catalytic converter, and headers. (these are cheapos and tend to rust almost immediately, so be prepared to strip the paint & use hi temp paint.) K&N filter, cold air intake with a water guard thingy (a secondary filter that opens if the main part becomes submerged, thus avoiding water in the engine and massive damage), remove air conditioning and power steering (less parasitic loss; bitch to steer at speeds under 10 km/h, but fun at normal driving speeds. Much feedback.), and there's a silencer in the air filter just after or before the MAS that can be removed. (Not sure if it's only in turbo models or not, I just read the article in Sport Compact and haven't checked yet.)

That's about all I can think of right now, add to it and make us all stronger!!! If you wish to know where I found any articles on these parts, reply to this message and I'll try to find the articles for you.