December 03, 2005 07:26 pm UTC
December 03, 2005 07:26 pm UTC
London/Nomad
Nathan Welch Offline OP

Insane Member
Nathan Welch  Offline OP

Insane Member
London/Nomad
Wow, so today I looked at the ingredients on the passion flakie box, and low and behold; theres BEEF TALLOW in them!

These babies taste so good I won't stop eating them because of this, but if you were a vegitarian I could see how this would rock your world.

evidence:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Meat in my Passion Flakie??! #208728
December 03, 2005 07:37 pm UTC
December 03, 2005 07:37 pm UTC
London/Nomad
Nathan Welch Offline OP

Insane Member
Nathan Welch  Offline OP

Insane Member
London/Nomad
[Linked Image]

There. Thats PR!

Re: Meat in my Passion Flakie??! #208729
December 03, 2005 07:43 pm UTC
December 03, 2005 07:43 pm UTC
London/Nomad
Nathan Welch Offline OP

Insane Member
Nathan Welch  Offline OP

Insane Member
London/Nomad
Oh snap, what is cow in french anyways?

UNE VACHE! Hmmm and its made by Vachon.... Coincidence? Maybe... Goverment Conspiracy.. Likely.

-nate

Re: Meat in my Passion Flakie??! #208730
December 03, 2005 08:58 pm UTC
December 03, 2005 08:58 pm UTC
Toronto
Mike Vince Offline
Serious Member
Mike Vince  Offline
Serious Member
Toronto
[Linked Image]

I was going to post a photoshop of a got beef sign with the passion flakie on there somewhere... But then I came across these hats, and well... I just found it funny that there's a website called jane-finch.com LOL

2002 Acura RSX Type S
Re: Meat in my Passion Flakie??! #208731
December 04, 2005 07:53 pm UTC
December 04, 2005 07:53 pm UTC
GTA
J
Jaime Loo Offline
Serious Member
Jaime Loo  Offline
Serious Member
J
GTA
Beef Tallow Nutritiona Facts

Not surprising. Almost all pastries have beef products, milk included.

95 TSI AWD
Re: Meat in my Passion Flakie??! #208732
December 05, 2005 02:40 pm UTC
December 05, 2005 02:40 pm UTC
Peterborough
kale mumford Offline
Serious Member
kale mumford  Offline
Serious Member
Peterborough
What the hell is BEEF TALLOW....i know what Beef is, but "tallow"...WTF?

Re: Meat in my Passion Flakie??! #208733
December 05, 2005 04:04 pm UTC
December 05, 2005 04:04 pm UTC
London/Nomad
Nathan Welch Offline OP

Insane Member
Nathan Welch  Offline OP

Insane Member
London/Nomad
Click on the link jamie posted !

Re: Meat in my Passion Flakie??! #208734
December 05, 2005 05:02 pm UTC
December 05, 2005 05:02 pm UTC
Cornwall
Robert Glover Offline
Serious Member
Robert Glover  Offline
Serious Member
Cornwall
Originally posted by Nathan Welch:
Click on the link jamie posted !
I did... I'm not so sure i want to eat Passion Flakies anymore, damn you Nathan! bird

I wish i had the money to build my motor
Re: Meat in my Passion Flakie??! #208735
December 05, 2005 06:33 pm UTC
December 05, 2005 06:33 pm UTC
Mississauga, Ont
Jerry Rose Offline
Insane Member
Jerry Rose  Offline
Insane Member
Mississauga, Ont
Haha I work with manufacturers in the food industry and believe me people dont want to know what it takes to get a product on a grocery shelf. Tallow is basically refined beef fat and lard is pig fat. The "by-products" from slaughterhouses and processing plants are processed to separate the tissue,bone,fat etc through various process to be used in other areas and one being beef tallow for food production or soap manufacturing.

Textbook as follows: rotflmao
Industrial rendering is a factory-scale process that uses slaughterhouse waste, restaurant grease, and butcher shop trimmings as its raw materials. This material can include the fatty tissue, heads, bones, offal, other waste animal parts, animals condemned at slaughterhouses, and those that have died on farms, in transit, etc. The raw material may be beef, pork, or poultry. The rendering process simultaneously dries the material and separates the fat from the bone and protein. After rendering, the materials are much more resistant to spoiling. The fat can be used in animal feed, in soap-making, in candles, as a raw material for biodiesel production, and as a feed-stock for the oleochemical industry. The bone and protein becomes dry particles known as meat and bone meal. For many years meat and bone meal were fed to cattle. This practice is now prohibited in developed countries because it is believed to be the main route for the spread of BSE (mad-cow disease). Meat and bone meal is still fed to non-ruminant animals in the United States.

Edible rendering processes are basically meat processing operations and produce lard or edible tallow for use in food products. Edible rendering is generally carried out in a continuous process at low temperature (less than the boiling point of water). Basically the process usually consists of finely chopping the edible fat materials (generally fat trimmings from meat cuts), heating them with or without added steam, and then carrying out two or more stages of centrifugal separation. The first stage separates the liquid consisting of mingled water and fat from the solids, and the second stage further separates the fat from the water. The solids may be used in food products, pet foods, etc, depening on the original materials. The separated fat may be used in food products, or if in surplus, it may be diverted to soapmaking operations. Most edible rendering is done by meat packing or processing companies.

Materials that for esthetic or sanitary reasons are not suitable for human food are the feedstocks for inedible rendering processes. Much of the inedible raw material is rendered using the "dry" method. This may be a batch or a continuous process by which the material is heated in a steam jacketed vessel to drive off the moisture and simultaneously release the fat from the fat cells. The material is first ground, then heated to release the fat and drive off the moisture, percolated to drain off the free fat, and then more fat is pressed out of the solids which at this stage are called "cracklings" or "dry-rendered tankage". The cracklings are further ground to make meat and bone meal. A variation on a dry process involves finely chopping the material, fluidizing it with hot fat, and then evaporating the mixture in one or more evaporator stages. Some inedible rendering is done using a wet process, which is generally a continuous process similar in some ways to that used for edible materials. The material is heated with added steam and then pressed to remove a water-fat mixture which is then separated into fat, water and fine solids by stages of centrifuging and/or evaporation. The solids from the press are dried and then ground into meat and bone meal. Most independent renderers process only inedible material.

Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
Re: Meat in my Passion Flakie??! #208736
December 05, 2005 07:22 pm UTC
December 05, 2005 07:22 pm UTC
Belleville, Ontario
Ryan Laliberte Offline

No-Lift-To-Shift.... Stock. :)
Ryan Laliberte  Offline

No-Lift-To-Shift.... Stock. :)
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Belleville, Ontario
You guys have way too much time on your hands!!!

AWDAuto
1996 TSi AWD Automagic
12.24 @ 113 - Small 16G
FP Green HTA - 11.42/123
Team Pump Gas and Meth
RTMRacing - Your Canadian source for DSM Parts

"Every moment you live is pregnant with the next moment of your life" --Jim Carrey

Last Login: September 28, 2021
Re: Meat in my Passion Flakie??! #208737
December 07, 2005 09:25 pm UTC
December 07, 2005 09:25 pm UTC
Scarborough
J
Josh Smith Offline
Josh Smith  Offline
J
Scarborough
yummy!