July 12, 2008 03:53 am UTC
July 12, 2008 03:53 am UTC
Windsor
Mike Lane Online content OP
Insane Member
Mike Lane  Online Content OP
Insane Member
Windsor
I got a email regarding me importing my car and how it was done and thought eh I ll write an updated and in depth how to:P. I will mainly explain the 2gb eclipse because that is what I got
1)BEFORE you even think of even buying a car, check RIV's list of admissible vehicles to canada: http://www.riv.ca/english/html/us_vehicle_admissibility.html

2)See if you can find out the modifications involved to comply with our laws and see if after that it is even worth bothering

3)find a car:)

4)My seller was VERY organized and helpfull and he had everything on his end ready. US customs has to have the title(the US version of an ownership) faxed to them 72 hours in advance, and you should phone them as well just in case. He MUST have with him at the exchange: bill of sale, title and a recall clearance letter(this is somthing he must get from an AUTHORIZED dealer that states the vehicle has no outstanding recalls) He also had to get a payoff letter which stated he had payed off the loan for the car. I dont remember touching this, just make shure you phone both sides of customs to check everythin is cool. He also faxed the recall clearance letter to RIV and made shure they considered it aceptable.

5)Now you make shure your covered by insurance for the trip home and see if you have extra plates. If you do not have extra plates, you suck, it REALLY sucks:P(I learned from experiance)
You CANNOT get a temporary trip permit in your province(really stupid dont ask me why, I would know I kept trying because it would have been alot easier! You must call the nearest US customs, ask for a number for general information. I then phoned general information and through them found the nearest secretary of state building to my cars pickup location(which I could NOT call:s) and mapquested it to find directions. You pretty much have to trust that the person on the other end made sense and you find it. When you get to the building you go talk to the trasportation people and wait there possibly half hour/hour+ and get a transit plate. You put this in your back window and it covers you to get back home(for a period of 14 days)-required proof of insurance to get the transit plate

6)arrange to pick up the car, get your money/check/ect ready, have proper border crossing documentation that is required, exchange numbers/cell numbers

7)get the car(when driving through customs they will check their comp for the title and say if its all OK to go)
for me required a ride from my parents:P I suggest sleeping somewhere near the pickup if it is at an arranged time as I did so you arent late. I am lucky to have family in windsor and slept there and picked the GSX up in the morning.

8) drive back to Canada Customs
they ask you to provide recall clearance letter, the title, proof of insurance?(we cant remember), and the bill of sale. It is highly recommended you dont lie on the price of the car, as they can and HAVE investigated, and it is overall more trouble than it is worth. You get flagged off into a parking lot, where you walk into a Customs building. You pay 5% pst on the price of the car here, and $100 A/C excise tax(only if you have AC). The man behind the computer also requires all the paperwork I have mentioned, and fills out form 1 for you, he takes a copy and that gets sent to RIV, and you keep one to provide to the province and one for yourself. Now you get to drive the rest of the way home(we put on like just over 250 miles:P). When you are home send RIV their money for form 1(for me this was $204.75-195+gst) PROMPTLY! -I think I had about 24 hours but I think I acidentally slacked a little. You can pay online, or send it in the mail.

9) If you pay online they send you a Adobe document to print out(My method)-this is form 2. I guess through mail, they would mail it back. This form tells what your required modifications are required and when they must be done and inspected by(within 45 days or your car could possibly be kissed bye bye, if you are having trouble you MUST phone them) For my 1998 GSX, I had to attatch a child safety teather, and I rewired the fogs into daytime running lights(well my dad did the good chunk of it, lol gota love dads) by splicing into a blue radio wire that goes into the fusebox under the hood, and wiring it into the fuse for the foglights. If anyone needs help just message me and I ll see about getting pictures.

10) get your car inspected by a RIV contracted shop(usually canadian tire) or you can choose your own as long as they are contacted and they approve. You must bring form one and form 2 to the inspection,(mine is tommorow at 2!) and then they fill it out and im not shure who, but someone sends it to RIV. You MUST keep YOUR copy! You will need it when liscening the vehicle!!

11) apparently after they get your form they will send you your amazing sticker that is called a Canadian Certification label, and this typically goes on the drivers door jam with all the other nice little stickers

12)get a saftey and e test

13) liscense vehicle, you must present your RIV forms, title, and all that other fun stuff, so dont loose anything and keep it all handy

14)GO FOR A JOY RIDE!!! lol im just kidding I saved 3 years for mine hardly spending a cent, im 17 and my insurance is already too much:P

anyquestions: mitsumikey@hotmail.com,msg me here, or mitsumikey on tuners, or dsmtalk also mitsumikey(I dont seem to get on that one as often)

hope I help someone(that was like almost an hour of writing!

98GSX Black:1st car/resto proj
97 acura el stolen/found
99GSX Red
RIP 86 turbo ZX, 92 turbo 2000GTX
Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: Mike Lane] #271515
July 12, 2008 03:59 am UTC
July 12, 2008 03:59 am UTC
Windsor
Insane Member
Insane Member
Windsor
by the way I did all this myself, with execption to the organization of the seller, my parents co operation with rides(had to even pay gas lol), and my dads help with the canadian law mods:P

97 acura el stolen/found
99GSX Red
Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: Mike Lane] #271516
July 12, 2008 04:00 am UTC
July 12, 2008 04:00 am UTC
Richmond hill
Brian Fernandez Offline
Insane Member
Brian Fernandez  Offline
Insane Member
Richmond hill
Very nice, Good to see another youngin' workin hard for a car. hah.

Duramax
Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: Brian Fernandez] #271530
July 12, 2008 12:52 pm UTC
July 12, 2008 12:52 pm UTC
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Ziggy Dietrich Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Ziggy Dietrich  Offline
Niagara Falls, Ontario
And a very nice write up! I am certain that will be very helpful to someone...

"bluebird" worlds fastest scooter ridden by me
"Whitebird" RIP
Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: Ziggy Dietrich] #271541
July 12, 2008 04:08 pm UTC
July 12, 2008 04:08 pm UTC
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Paul Petricca Offline
Serious Member
Paul Petricca  Offline
Serious Member
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Keep in mind the US customs export office is closed on weekends at Lewiston, NY. They're only open from 8-4 Monday to Friday.
If you're coming back thru Buffalo you're sh!t out of luck as they don't have an export office! I don't know about Detroit but Port Huron, MI is open 24 hours for vehicle export.

Remember you must have the "original title" in hand for the customs officer to stamp before heading back into Canada. Like Mike says, fax the original title at least 72 hours in advance of your arrival at port of exit.

1991 Laser RS turbo
1993 Talon TSi AWD
http://www.infowars.com
Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: Paul Petricca] #271543
July 12, 2008 04:15 pm UTC
July 12, 2008 04:15 pm UTC
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Paul Petricca Offline
Serious Member
Paul Petricca  Offline
Serious Member
Hamilton Ontario Canada
FYI, In the event that you arrive late at the export office or on the weekend at Lewiston, US customs will allow you to drive the vehicle legally into Canada for the duration of the weekend but you must return Monday WITH the vehicle to get your original title cleared by a customs official.

They will need to visually see the vehicle on the property from the office window. If you use another vehicle to drive down you'll be forced to go back into hoserland to retrieve the exported vehicle.

1991 Laser RS turbo
1993 Talon TSi AWD
http://www.infowars.com
Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: Paul Petricca] #271567
July 12, 2008 08:16 pm UTC
July 12, 2008 08:16 pm UTC
London Ontario
M
Murtaza Saadat Offline
Serious Member
Murtaza Saadat  Offline
Serious Member
M
London Ontario
I would also like to double add on the "dont lie on the price of the car"
I did this and got caught tongue.

Over all it added a bit more time, and an extra 200 bucks..

Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: Murtaza Saadat] #271571
July 12, 2008 08:43 pm UTC
July 12, 2008 08:43 pm UTC
cancun mexico(home) now in sca...
M
manuel salazar Offline
Insane Member
manuel salazar  Offline
Insane Member
M
Can someone make this a sticky?

This a good write up.

-Manuel

HTA35R powered, AEM EMS Managed DSM.
Muellerized....Sold*.

PT6266 powered, AEM EMS Managed NSX.
Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: manuel salazar] #271591
July 13, 2008 03:04 am UTC
July 13, 2008 03:04 am UTC
Windsor
Insane Member
Insane Member
Windsor
thanks alot guys! I put alot of effort into this lol, glad you all think it is good. If it were a sticky I d almost feel honoured:P haha. Anyways car got through inpection with flying colors. The guy seemed really stupid. He was scared when the car woulnt turn off. Im like um buddy its got a turbo timer;). hes like oh wicked, I think he was jealous:P. My friend came along and was jealous too, he loved it, everyone so far thinks it only looks a few years old, not ten years old! Dropped it by another friends and he was amazed, his mom was even amazed! Lol just thought I d share this because It makes me feel good thatI finally got it and it is soooo clean, and impresses alot of people:P So one step closer to driving it for now:D...

97 acura el stolen/found
99GSX Red
Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: Mike Lane] #271828
July 15, 2008 02:58 pm UTC
July 15, 2008 02:58 pm UTC
M
manuel salazar Offline
Insane Member
manuel salazar  Offline
Insane Member
M
Just take it easy mike, Get used to it before you go out and do something not very smart.

-Manuel

Muellerized....Sold*.

Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: manuel salazar] #271832
July 15, 2008 03:36 pm UTC
July 15, 2008 03:36 pm UTC
Windsor
Insane Member
Insane Member
Windsor
lol I plan on it lasting a good while...
man you are honestly my idol, I swayed away from dsms for a break a bit there and wanted an fd3s with ls1 swap, then I gave up on that as a first car, saw mine and was right back into the DSM ing:D, btw what is for sale and what isnt admissable? but yeah you have a very nicely done eclipse and an RX 7, like woah baller, both my dream cars shocked

97 acura el stolen/found
99GSX Red
Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: Mike Lane] #271843
July 15, 2008 05:04 pm UTC
July 15, 2008 05:04 pm UTC
M
manuel salazar Offline
Insane Member
manuel salazar  Offline
Insane Member
M
The ls1 is not actually in the 7, Is in NY.(paid for) and the 7 is not admisable because it came to the country to early, And is at the shop (paid for).

So really no idol here.
I will call it hustlin for what you want.

-Manuel

Muellerized....Sold*.

Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: manuel salazar] #271857
July 15, 2008 08:34 pm UTC
July 15, 2008 08:34 pm UTC
Markham, Ontario, Canada
Mark Magnoli Offline
Serious Member
Mark Magnoli  Offline
Serious Member
Markham, Ontario, Canada
I had some spare time here at work, so I’ll add to Mike’s comments as I’ve imported two cars from the USA – one in 2000 (Spyder GST) and then again in 2006 (Mini Cooper S)

Mods, feel free to combine if you like?

Add to #2)
Easy way to find this out is actually calling the RIV (phone number should be on the webpage)

Add to #4)
You don’t need the seller to supply you the recall letter. In both my cases, I got it myself. In 2000 when I imported the Spyder, I used a simple print out from the local Connecticut dealer on dealer letterhead stating there was no outstanding recalls. However, in 2006 when I imported the Mini, I got the letter directly from Mini (BMW) USA. I’m hearing more and more rumors that this letter needs to be from the corporate head office – no dealerships. However, the guys checking the appropriate paper work at Canadian Tire probably wouldn’t know what they’re looking at anyway?? Also, I’ve heard that due to the Canadian dollar being at par, a lot of dealerships (BMW for example) are starting to charge (in excess of $200+) for these letters. I’ve never paid for one and I’m sure they’re ways around paying for one??

Add to #5)
I’ve drove both cars thru the US (Buffalo area) over the border with NO plates. I’ve heard many different stories about the “no plate issue”. I was told both times by the Canadian custom’s agent at the border that I was allowed to drive the car in Ontario with NO plates as long as I have the Form 1 along with a valid insurance slip in the car. I was also told by a “cop buddy” that you can take the plates off of a current registered car and attached them to the imported car. “The law allows for this sort of thing” – at least that’s what he told me. He said you’re allowed to do this for up to 7 days and the way the cop will know (if you get pulled over) if your 7 days have expired is they base it on the day your insurance slip was issued. You can get a temp plate from the US and use that in Ontario as well. Finally “You CANNOT get a temporary trip permit in your province” is NOT True. I was able to get a temp. plate for my Mini from the local MTO by explaining my situation to the lady at the counter. However, this was after I already had the car in Ontario and I explained to her I needed to get the car from my house to the inspection facility and how would I do this with no plates? She told me to tow and I told her to give me a break and she gave me a 10 day permit smile. I guess sweet talking can work in your favou? Regardless, this temp. plate issue has always been a grey area

Add to #6)
If you have the car transported, make sure you get the cell phone number for the person driving the truck - a key when tracking where your new car is - don't break his balls though wink

Add to #7)
Make sure you stop at the US Custom’s first. In 2000, you never had to stop at the US customs but I think something changed after 9/11? In 2006, I passed thru Queensten / Lewiston and I made the mistake of NOT stopping at the US Custom’s office first. The Canadian custom’s agent told me to proceed to do all the Canadian paperwork and then go back to the US office. When I did that, the US agent was extremely pissed off that I never stopped there first (go figure) and that they can do the "whole wait 72hrs all over again". Here’s where the US agents have you by the balls and you can’t do anything but be on your nicest shuffle behavior and hope you get a nice agent.

Add to #8)
The custom’s agent really isn’t worried about the recall letter and/or insurance. All they want to do ensure is you pay your GST 5%, A/C tax and RIV fees. Here you’ll get the Form 1. Things may have changed since 2006?, but you used to be able to pay the RIV fees right at the Canada customs office?

Add to #9)
You don’t have to attach the child safety tether anchor; you just need to have one. You can get them from the local dealership (most should be free of charge) or you can buy a universal one from Wal-Mart (in the baby section) and return it after your inspection. You also may need to ensure all the warning labels are in both French and English – specifically the airbag warning labels. Since the Mini has these warning screened on the sun visors, Mini wanted me to order brand new Canadian spec’d visor for like $250+ each. That wasn’t going to happen so I went to see Adam Clay at Eastway Chrsyter and we ordered up two 2003 Jeep Liberty warning labels for like $0.50 each. Stuck those on (they’re still installed right now) and passed my inspection. Like stated before, the guys checking at Canadian Tire probably wouldn’t know what they’re looking at anyway??

Add to #11) I only got this sticker for the Spyder in 2000. I never got one for the Mini in 2005? I’m not sure if they still do this or not??

Add to #13) You’ll need to pay PST 8% (Ontario) at the MTO in order to get your plates.

Last edited by Mark Magnoli; July 15, 2008 08:40 pm UTC.

Mark
'97 Eclipse Spyder GSX - (12.7 @ 110 w/1.8 60')
'11 335xi Coupe
'14 X3 MSport
Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: manuel salazar] #271876
July 16, 2008 02:16 am UTC
July 16, 2008 02:16 am UTC
Markham, ON
C
Callran Woo Offline
Serious Member
Callran Woo  Offline
Serious Member
C
Markham, ON
Just went through this last year as well.

#4)
Rather then burden the seller, I had him send a copy of the title to me. I sent the fax to the border. I went through Port Huron.

Port of Entry. US Customs http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/ports/ Blue Water Bridge\Port Huron: (810) 985-9541 x120 For Vehicle Exportations FAX documents to Blue Water Bridge at (810) 982-5473 Keep the confirmation of copy.

Queenston Lewiston Bridge: 1-716-282-1400 Fax : 716-285-3565. Fax copy of Title and write in black marker the VIN. Keep the confirmation of copy. Do not call to see if they received the fax.

Recall letter, I got from GM Canada. Just paid a couple of $$.

#5)
I couldn't get a trip permit in Ontario either but they said a trip permit from US was valid. When I went to US to pick up the car, I just went to the local DMV. They just needed proof of insurance and the Title and I got a 30day trip permit, enough time to get an etest and car certified.

Even had trouble trying to get insurance from my agent. I had mentioned that I was importing the car from US. They wanted the etest and car certified before insuring. I called head office and just told them I'm buying a car and gave them the VIN.

#7)
I missed the exit for US Customs. My Canadian custom officer said no problem. I was told though if I ever sell the car back to US then I would not be able to. Not sure if that's true.

#8)
I paid the RIV fees right at the Canada customs office. If your car was made outside of North America then there is a 6.1% import duty fee.

I also had the ad of the car, ebay ad and carfax just in case they decide to question me. I was in\out in 20min because I had all the documentation.

#9)
I didn't put french\english stickers and CT didn't care.

#10)
They still send the sticker. The CT I went to didn't even fax the form2 to RIV so I sent it.

93 Ty #366
91 Talon AWD AT
Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: Callran Woo] #271879
July 16, 2008 02:51 am UTC
July 16, 2008 02:51 am UTC
Windsor
Insane Member
Insane Member
Windsor
lol you guys have some experiance, but by the way my canadian tire was a jackass and made me attatch the teather, I called them and they were like NO PUT IT ON...retards...i may have gotten away with it if I didnt but idk

my recall clearance came from the dealer, but when my seller phoned head office that was about $280, so good thing the dealer helped out:)

my lisence bureau was stupid, I phoned at least three differant times, and each time they would not let me get temp permit from there, we did not have spare plates or we woulda used em in the first place!

lol dont know how i forgot to mention pst, unless I did earlier, damn pst sets me back almost 900, 900 I could have used to be driving and mods:(

97 acura el stolen/found
99GSX Red
Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: Mike Lane] #271881
July 16, 2008 02:55 am UTC
July 16, 2008 02:55 am UTC
Windsor
Insane Member
Insane Member
Windsor
damn mark!!! I thought that was the car, I was at the dsm meet in toronto a few years back, back when I dreamed of owning mine:P, and have pics of your car, I remember the plate lol, there was also the red spider/carbon hood/bronze rims, white spider with lambos, nice talons converted, and dont forget daren p's car, the nicest there IMO, the grey/champange Gst, def liked yours too, what intercooler do you have? looks like greddy?

97 acura el stolen/found
99GSX Red
Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: Mike Lane] #271903
July 16, 2008 12:53 pm UTC
July 16, 2008 12:53 pm UTC
Markham, Ontario, Canada
Mark Magnoli Offline
Serious Member
Mark Magnoli  Offline
Serious Member
Markham, Ontario, Canada
Yeap, it’s a Greddy kit. I’ve had it for years. Before the Greddy kit I had an Apexi kit. However CAA damaged it during a flatbed tow and paid me out. If you’re looking for a cheap bolt on kit, I’d get the OBX kit that’s all over eBay Linky . From what I can tell (from pictures), it appears they’ve knocked off the Apexi kits (I don’t even think Apexi still sells FMIC’s anymore?) Keep in mind the Greddy and OBX (Apexi) kits are longer route kits

Mark
'97 Eclipse Spyder GSX - (12.7 @ 110 w/1.8 60')
'11 335xi Coupe
'14 X3 MSport
Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: Mark Magnoli] #271984
July 17, 2008 02:36 am UTC
July 17, 2008 02:36 am UTC
Windsor
Insane Member
Insane Member
Windsor
I was just thinking there was a possibility it might be an ETS, thats what I will be getting:)

97 acura el stolen/found
99GSX Red
Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: Mike Lane] #276199
September 03, 2008 08:00 am UTC
September 03, 2008 08:00 am UTC
London Ontario
M
Murtaza Saadat Offline
Serious Member
Murtaza Saadat  Offline
Serious Member
M
London Ontario
Just wondering, is the federal inspection prepaid/included with the RIV fees?
If not how much is it? Because I need to get mine done soon laugh
Thanks.

Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: Murtaza Saadat] #276250
September 03, 2008 08:53 pm UTC
September 03, 2008 08:53 pm UTC
Windsor
Insane Member
Insane Member
Windsor
what did u buy:O? tongue The 200 bucks you pay at the border for the RIV paperwork(form 1) covered my inspection....

97 acura el stolen/found
99GSX Red
Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: Mike Lane] #276298
September 04, 2008 05:22 am UTC
September 04, 2008 05:22 am UTC
London Ontario
M
Murtaza Saadat Offline
Serious Member
Murtaza Saadat  Offline
Serious Member
M
London Ontario
I got a 2GA Eclipse GSX (2gb converted).. Shell, no engine and tranny........ Though they are in the car now though laugh

Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: Murtaza Saadat] #276489
September 06, 2008 06:23 pm UTC
September 06, 2008 06:23 pm UTC
Windsor
Insane Member
Insane Member
Windsor
very nice, better see it in the car pics page:)

97 acura el stolen/found
99GSX Red
Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: Mike Lane] #276497
September 06, 2008 07:42 pm UTC
September 06, 2008 07:42 pm UTC
London Ontario
M
Murtaza Saadat Offline
Serious Member
Murtaza Saadat  Offline
Serious Member
M
London Ontario
Its already there, page 48.. Though thats with no motor.. in rough shape, needs some paint wink

Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: Murtaza Saadat] #276533
September 07, 2008 04:27 am UTC
September 07, 2008 04:27 am UTC
Windsor
Insane Member
Insane Member
Windsor
haha there arent 48 pages:S im assuming you meant 8?? i think i remember it now, had them fugly fenders right:P no offence...
if thats it otherwise beautiful car(potentially;)

97 acura el stolen/found
99GSX Red
Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: Mike Lane] #276542
September 07, 2008 05:27 am UTC
September 07, 2008 05:27 am UTC
London Ontario
M
Murtaza Saadat Offline
Serious Member
Murtaza Saadat  Offline
Serious Member
M
London Ontario
For me there are well over 48.. I guess its some thing to do with the settings?
Any who yes its the ugly fenders one.. Dont worry they will be going away once I find replacements that I can afford wink

Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: Murtaza Saadat] #276582
September 07, 2008 04:22 pm UTC
September 07, 2008 04:22 pm UTC
Windsor
Insane Member
Insane Member
Windsor
oh are settings def allow a differant amount of posts per page, it only has 16 for me, cant wait to see it painted and such!

97 acura el stolen/found
99GSX Red
Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: Mike Lane] #284142
November 20, 2008 01:00 am UTC
November 20, 2008 01:00 am UTC
Miami, Florida
B
Bobby Kunac Offline
Bobby Kunac  Offline
B
Miami, Florida
I got my car from the states two years ago...I didn't know it was so complicated though. I had the previous owner drive the car into Canada and leave it here. We signed the papers and did all that. Reported to customs that the car is staying here and all they said was to go to Canadian Tire and make sure the car is legal to drive in Canada. I went and all Canadian Tire did was put in those stupid day light things which I took out anyway, lol. AND I know someone said don't lie about the price you got it for but it doesn't really matter because they go by what its worth in the books! I got my car for 2g's but put I got it for 5 bills and they said it didn't really matter because it went by the book. This was two years ago though the one and only car I imported from the states so I'm not sure what the laws and regulations are now.

Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: Bobby Kunac] #284159
November 20, 2008 02:24 pm UTC
November 20, 2008 02:24 pm UTC
Ajax, ON
Reza Mirza Offline
Reza Mirza  Offline
Ajax, ON
I just bought a 93 Benz from Orlando a few weeks ago. If the car is 15 years or older, you do not need to go through RIV Canada and you do not need a recall clearance letter.

Get the title, fax it to the border and be on your way. You do not need a federal inspection for a 15 year old car, just a regular safety and emmissions from anywhere and your good to get the car plated after all the taxes have been paid.

Also, you pay taxes on the red book value of the car, unless you bought the car from a dealership and have a receipt. A bill of sale from a family, friend etc. won't work.

1G DSM: 1000+ AWHP, 9.2@162.83 MPH
Evo X: 746 AWHP, XR9569S pump gas
www.dynotuneracing.com

Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: Reza Mirza] #321427
January 02, 2010 07:07 pm UTC
January 02, 2010 07:07 pm UTC
London, ontario
M
Micheal Leclerc Offline
Serious Member
Micheal Leclerc  Offline
Serious Member
M
London, ontario
PLEASE NOTE!!!!!

At Port Huron, the US side of the border has certain hours for exporting vehicles. The Canadian side does not. Although it only takes 2 minutes for them to help you out, they may not want to, and you will have to leave your car in the US.

My rides include:
07 Chrysler 300 touring AWD
99 Eclipse GSX Spyder "REDBIRD"
1963 Your mother
Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: Micheal Leclerc] #321451
January 03, 2010 12:15 am UTC
January 03, 2010 12:15 am UTC
London Ontario
M
Murtaza Saadat Offline
Serious Member
Murtaza Saadat  Offline
Serious Member
M
London Ontario
Originally Posted by Micheal Leclerc
PLEASE NOTE!!!!!

At Port Huron, the US side of the border has certain hours for exporting vehicles. The Canadian side does not. Although it only takes 2 minutes for them to help you out, they may not want to, and you will have to leave your car in the US.

Pretty sure I told you this on msn.. Then you said "Yes they are" shuffle

Re: How to: Vehicle importation [Re: Murtaza Saadat] #321456
January 03, 2010 01:27 am UTC
January 03, 2010 01:27 am UTC
London, ontario
M
Micheal Leclerc Offline
Serious Member
Micheal Leclerc  Offline
Serious Member
M
London, ontario
No one listens to you though. You know this, man!!!!!!

My rides include:
07 Chrysler 300 touring AWD
99 Eclipse GSX Spyder "REDBIRD"
1963 Your mother