December 21, 2014 10:43 am UTC
December 21, 2014 10:43 am UTC
Paradise, NL
Anthony Hiscock Offline OP
Insane Member
Anthony Hiscock  Offline OP
Insane Member
Paradise, NL
Well after 4 years of faithful service to me, my 10 year old Chevy Tracker is officially dead.
I've never posted a picture of it so here it is in all it's shitty glory.
[Linked Image]

How did it die you ask? Well a combination of salt sea air and salty roads in the winter lead to this.
[Linked Image]

Yup that's right, pretty much nothing holding in the front of that lower control arm. Talk about a scary drive!
I'm done sinking money into a vehicle that has zero return so time for something new.

New car requirements were:
Less then 5 years old
Bluetooth and all that jazz
Moon roof
White
Not be stupid expensive

Now I really wanted a truck but where I'm working away 3 weeks out of a month, there's no point. Plus buying the truck I want would be stupid expensive.
Enter the 2011 Ford Fiesta SES Hatchback. Meets all my requirements and good on gas to boot!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

TMPS light is on because I didn't spring the extra money for a set of sensors in my winter wheels.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

First mod!
[Linked Image]

So far I LOVE driving the car around, handles great and is extremely tossible, I cannot wait for spring/summer. I'll certainly have to get out to some AutoX events now. It also has decent pick up for a 4 cyl and the twin clutch auto is interesting (has to be faster then the Tracker lol) and all the gadgets via Sync is simply awesome for me since I'm a bit of a geek.

Specs:
6 spd Twin Clutch Auto
Black leather interior
Sync
Winter Package (heated mirrors, seats, block heater)
A/C
Power Windows/Locks
Smart Key w/ Push Button Start
Moonroof
LED Accent lighting
Also has factory warranty until 2017

I will be doing very little in the way of mods to the car since it will be a daily driver, of course I've said that before so....it might end up with suspension goodies at some point. There will be no performance stuff (intake or exhaust) because I don't want to ruin how nice it is to drive a quite car.
I will be adding an HID projector retro but that won't be till later in the new year. I'll also be adding some better rubber before the summer wheels go back on and hopefully getting the curb rash fixed on the alloys.

96 Talon TSI AWD - The Gold Digger/Never Ending Build
Re: Had To Buy A New DD [Re: Anthony Hiscock] #436381
December 21, 2014 01:08 pm UTC
December 21, 2014 01:08 pm UTC
Caledon, Ontario, Canada
Bryan Lawrence Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Bryan Lawrence  Offline
Senior Member, with Far TOO Much Time on Their Hands
Caledon, Ontario, Canada
Nice choice, my sister drove one and said her only complaint was the location of the shifter on the manual, which obviously isn't an issue on an auto. Nice to see twin clutches in consumer cars too.

Nice mod too!! Hello Kitty seems to be getting very popular with kids today.

"Old Blue" 91 Talon TSi AWD
"Super Enthusiast" 91 Talon TSi AWD
Checkout DSMFAQ.com!
Re: Had To Buy A New DD [Re: Anthony Hiscock] #436382
December 21, 2014 04:54 pm UTC
December 21, 2014 04:54 pm UTC
Brampton, Ontario
Guillaume Berton Offline
Insane Member
Guillaume Berton  Offline
Insane Member
Brampton, Ontario
Looks good, I love small and nimble and the interior and exterior look nice and sporty. tu

Last edited by Guillaume Berton; December 21, 2014 04:55 pm UTC.

"Looked at it, declared war and went to find my throwing wrenches."
Re: Had To Buy A New DD [Re: Guillaume Berton] #437036
January 19, 2015 12:21 pm UTC
January 19, 2015 12:21 pm UTC
Paradise, NL
Anthony Hiscock Offline OP
Insane Member
Anthony Hiscock  Offline OP
Insane Member
Paradise, NL
Originally Posted by Bryan Lawrence
Nice choice, my sister drove one and said her only complaint was the location of the shifter on the manual, which obviously isn't an issue on an auto. Nice to see twin clutches in consumer cars too.

Nice mod too!! Hello Kitty seems to be getting very popular with kids today.

I would have liked a manual but I need a car ASAP. The Twin Clutch is pretty decent but I wish it had the tiptronic option like the newer models.

My daughter actually grabbed the Hello Kitty doll in Party City one day and wouldn't let it go lol.

Originally Posted by Guillaume Berton
Looks good, I love small and nimble and the interior and exterior look nice and sporty. tu

Thanks!
I love the handling of the car and will likely do some handling based mods plus throw it around the cones this summer.

I've added some Weathertech mats and VLED bulbs to the car now.

96 Talon TSI AWD - The Gold Digger/Never Ending Build